• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

tav7623

OP looks pretty good.

I'm stil undecided to buy that Premium Pass.

I'm in the same boat, though I gotta say, the more I play of the game the more tempted I am to pick it (the Premium Pass) up especially considering I still have a $10 Best Buy coupon that expires in 2 months.

I'm in the same boat, though I gotta say, the more I play of the game the more tempted I am to pick it (the Premium Pass) up especially considering I still have a $10 Best Buy coupon that expires in 2 months.

Yeah. I remember I got the pass for BF3 but not for BF4. I'm in a struggle to see if I get the pass this time around again.

TheRed

Holy crap I didn't know origin access would allow to play on the new maps that opened up, why did I use 9 hours already!?!

Almost ended up buying this on Xbox until my one friend decided it was time to build a gaming PC specifically for this and Overwatch.

While the Xbox version plays fine and looks great, I'm way better with m/kb. Been having a blast with the trial so far

Animator

I tried with NZ VPN 2 Hours ago and it worked without a problem.

Now i restarted Game and PC + Origin and the VPN is not working anymore for some reason. The Play Button is missing every time i want to start with the NZ VPN.

Once you launch with vpn you can disconnect right?

elyetis

lsjr4jkldv6p8_yqyaoz7tixpl.jpg
I hope hardcore is ready for the 'true' release of the game. It was hard for my friends and me to enjoy the beta because of it's absence.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd love some Rush impressions, Rush in BF 4 is pretty terrible. I'm not expecting BC 2 style rush but an improvement on BF 4 at least. Maybe on par with BF 3.

OP looks pretty good.

I'm stil undecided to buy that Premium Pass.

I got premium for less than half price about a year and a half into BF4. Tempted to wait it out again but with the WW1 setting I can imagine there'll be some really interesting DLC maps. Not to mention they're going to add other countries as well (Hi France).

RS4-

I'll wait for a sale on Premium if I'm still consistently playing this by the time the first pack drops.

I'm glad I never bought them for BF3 and 4. They didn't hold my interest very long.

Tovarisc

I got premium for less than half price about a year and a half into BF4. Tempted to wait it out again but with the WW1 setting I can imagine there'll be some really interesting DLC maps. Not to mention they're going to add other countries as well (Hi France).

Considering first meaningful content drop for Pass owners is in next March there is no hurry to get that thing. All you miss out on is some useless dogtags, few BPacks and MAYBE 2x XP event or two. Wait until or even after next March and you most likely can get Pass with some nice discount.

Mahonay

Banned
I'd love some Rush impressions, Rush in BF 4 is pretty terrible. I'm not expecting BC 2 style rush but an improvement on BF 4 at least. Maybe on par with BF 3.
Operations is probably going to replace Rush for most players.

Rush was pretty terrible during the beta. Hopefully improved in the final game now.

Considering first meaningful content drop for Pass owners is in next March there is no hurry to get that thing. All you miss out on is some useless dogtags, few BPacks and MAYBE 2x XP event or two. Wait until or even after next March and you most likely can get Pass with some nice discount.

Don't forget on 2 weeks early access on the map that drops this December

Yeah for sure.

Thanks for explaining it, I think I wait, too.

Nah, it's perfect. It's topical with that Trump reference, touches on the Great War moniker, and references the fact that the last Battlefield (Hardline) was less than great. Every level of it works, and for someone to take offense to the title, yet be able to play BF1 itself without worry is incredibly hypocritical.

Need to save and quote this every time the OT title comes up.

Mahonay

Banned
Yep, I'm absolutely waiting to get Premium. I always hated getting it a launch for BF3 and BF4 because it's just a lot of money to put down at once. I'm actually happy the first map pack is not until March. And we are getting a free map in December.

so if I have the trial, can I play with a friend who has the actual game after release for 10 hours? He is getting the standard edition btw

tav7623

Well I've only played 3 matches of Rush so far, but from what I can tell some maps are awesome if you are a defender (the one in the Italian mountains has a lot of choke points and is very hard to spot people) while others suck (the one set in Amiens is fairly open so very little in the way of choke points) which makes defending the telegraphs extremely difficult.

noface

Verticality of the map. Means you're level with a lot of the planes while still on the ground. Hell, you're above a lot of them too.

aah gotcha!

You're right, that's absolutely cool and from the top of my head I only remember looking down on planes from Caspian borders antenna or the chimney of Operation Firestorm. After the horror show that was BF4 in the beginning I quit until Hardline so I can't tell if there was a map where it is possible.

I totally understand why you're excited for it :D I like it, too!

Bf4's season pass was well worth it in therms of the content DICE added so I'll definitely pick it up. Got lucky and got it for about 25 bucks on sale so I'll hold until a good sale.

So how is the game running on PS4 now? The beta had some pretty severe fps drops. That's the only thing holding me back right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Performing well for AMD cards on BF1.

That's because AMD and DICE did Vulkan, so DX12 copping methods from that made it easier for them to "port" for DX12. For lack of technical terms. Nvidia has struggled hardcore with trying to implement Vulkan and DX12.

@EatChildren: We'll see, full launch is still a week away. I'm expecting the servers to shit themselves then when a bunch of people are trying to play. But if it's technically not a hot mess like BF4's (crashing to desktop randomly) then great: It seems that 2-4 year long support of BF4 by DICE-LA and them giving feedback to DICE-SE/Frostbite team did good work.

The beta desert map was okay, but had some issues (mostly with the Sandbox/vehicle balance). I enjoyed it farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than BF3/4's Rush design. So I'm sure this outing will be alright. I think they took my 500+ hours of bitching since BF3's launch to heart finally.

I'm not too happy about the Friday release more games are starting to do, Canada post is terrible with delivering on time. I'd be pretty bummed if it doesn't get delivered before the weekend. Good to see great impressions though.

Xyber

What the fuck DICE. Played operations, we finally managed to hold the attackers off on the last point.

NOW DEFEND IT AGAIN, BUT THEY GET A FUCKING TRAIN!

The fuck, are you serious?!

Also, so far it has only put me in half finished games and I take the spot of some leaver on the losing team. =/
Have been almost steam rolled in all my 3 games.

Top Bottom