• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Hystzen

Well, the one upside to Galicia is that Suez isn't the worst map any more.

Yeah that map is awful open fields no cover planes and tanks. It worse on operation russia have nothing to counter apart from train even then the last sector point is insanely done the german forces spawn right on it.

God the framerate on ps4 is disappointing

I feel like I put up with worse in bf3 days but still, it feels like that.

Just give me a 720 option or something.

WillyFive

God the framerate on ps4 is disappointing

I feel like I put up with worse in bf3 days but still, it feels like that.

Just give me a 720 option or something.

You could run the game in 240p and still have a similar framerate; BF1 is a super CPU heavy game and pushes these consoles to their limit.

^ too bad for me. Decided against buttery smooth pc version because of the player count. Ill live, but will hope dice can improve performance

Where are the patch notes btw

WillyFive

Played A LOT of battlefield operations this holiday weekend. its been frustrating because ive been playing on 130+ ping for a few months now and lose a lot of gunfights i should be wining.

Then I found out that my ping drops to 30 every night around midnight so decided to play late every night. So much fun. Bullets dont disappear, enemies dont magically activate their bayonet charge right in front of me, no more knife attacks from behind after just walking in front of me. my kdr for the day went from 2.0 to 5.75 with some incredible games where i went 70+ kills with less than 5 deaths.

Overall KD now sits at 1.99 after 35k kills. i have a bad habit of playing the objective and getting myself killed but been playing a lot more defensively lately knowing i will lose most 1v1 battles during daytime with bad ping. Oddly enough, i am winning a lot more as well. there were several games where assault players just made my tank's life a living hell and usually i would just sacrifice myself so my team can move up and capture the flag while i took as many of them out before i died, but now i stay a little back and clear out the objective before moving in.

There is this alley in Amiens where the defending team spawns in a building right behind C in operations. not sure if its a glitch or they just have a guy just waiting there spawning people in but they always seem to come out of that building even if they have the C flag or not. Yesterday like 30 of them came out of there and kept trying to kill me. i stayed right there for a good 10 minutes while my team tried to capture A and B without me. these guys just wouldnt stop.

had an incredible 40 kill streak with the villar pilosa on Argonne Forest at 130 ping. would've gotten a lot more if my bullets didnt magically disappear into thin air.

Overall played 13 operation rounds yesterday and lost only the first one which i joined late on the last sector. I switched teams after every operation to play as the attacking side and won every time with teams i had just beaten the game before. Finished the night unbeaten over the 3 rounds of Oil Of Empires. Stayed in the tanks i spawned in all the way till the end.

Operations is still the best mode in the game. its a travesty that they still havent introduced a server browser or quickplay option for DLC operations.

Cant wait to try this game in HDR later today.

How were you able to consistently find operations matches? 8 out of 10 times I'm dropped into an empty server.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
how is the HDR guys? How is the Pro performance? I have been playing with FOV set to 90 which hurts my framerate during hectic battles but its usually fine in 40 player operations.

64 player operations are a clusterfuck and sniperfest and should be taken out of the game. it will allow 40 players servers to be more populated as well.
How were you able to consistently find operations matches? 8 out of 10 times I'm dropped into an empty server.

i stayed in the same lobby and kept switching teams at the start of every new operations.

i also cant find many 40 player lobbies most days. sometimes, i have to literally go through every single operation until it finds me a game and i stay there while it cycles me through all the operations.
Ah, thanks. Looks healthy, quite looking forward to playing it again

64k concurrent players on PS4 sounds nice until you realize how fragmented the playerbase is, and i dont mean between DLC and vanilla maps. There are way too many modes in the game.

- Conquest
- Operations
- 64 player operations
- Domination
- TDM
- Frontlines
- War Pigeons
- Supply Drop
- Rush

Couple that with the fact that there are no quickplay options for DLC or 40 player operations, you have those 64k players split across 9 different modes and three different player bases.

i say take out war pigeons, supply drop, tdm and domination leave rush in there for people who want smaller 24 player games. Get rid of 64 player operations because they arent fun and the PS4 obviously cant handle it. Or include a mode like Killzone's Warzone that cycles through Domination, Supply Drop, TDM and War Pigeons.

Galicia is unfairly hated

Played a map with 6 snipers max total and it was amazing.

And I think theres plenty of cover. Go prone and you are almost guaranteed to be out of sight

----

Totally agree on the modes. Way too many gimmick modes in this game

TDM is trash, and war pigeons is lame. Remove modes like that especially since tdm addicts can get what they need out of meat grinder maps

WillyFive

What annoys me the most is that modes like War Pigeons and Supply Drop can work inside of a Conquest match, and Operations, Frontlines, and Rush are all almost the same thing and should be merged as one gamemode.

The music is insane

The performance is sad. Its so bad that the audio even drops in quality to a static muffle

Can we get a thread on this dlc

Galicia feels damn near impossible for the attacking team in Operations... Took us all three tries just to lose at the final two points. I actually enjoyed making the push through a more barren map, but the defensive team (and their damn snipers) have it too easy.

Galicia feels damn near impossible for the attacking team in Operations... Took us all three tries just to lose at the final two points. I actually enjoyed making the push through a more barren map, but the defensive team (and their damn snipers) have it too easy.

Operations and rush become easier when u throw smoke

I swear its very underrated

Seeing as no-one wants to mention the HDR...

I thought it was pretty good. Loaded into argonne forest to compare and the lighting was alot more natural and colours a bit more striking but not overblown. Was the only vanilla map I played however, so cant comment on the other vanilla maps.

Saw some nice sun-scapes on the DLC and generally things look pretty sweet.

Be sure to check out the HDR options in the Video menu. It will tell you about the "boxes" though you'll probably only see one if you're like me. I had to turn the option down to see 2 boxes and adjust from there, otherwise it was set far, far too high.

All in all, was fairly impressed.

ThisOne

Performance feels fine to me (on PS4 Pro) but I only play Conquest and not Operations.

Jeez, though, this expansion added a lot of bugs. I've had weird, minor bugs in pretty much every game so far.

DirtyLarry

Any reviews on the HDR implementation? No one had said anything about it.
It looks great.
I was so, so psyched to see that HDR logo pop up on my screen as this was a game I thought really needed it ever since I got my HDR capable TV about a month ago. It is not a huge difference from the original game, but it is noticeable, and I think that is good, as they could have went overboard.

So out of nowhere I decided to play the game this past weekend and got to play that one snow map which is really damn fun. Then I saw the new Expansion was coming out today so I checked that out. Also a lot of fun. The one map reminds me of an updated take on Wake Island.

I really need to play more of this game. Still only at level 38 and I own Premium.

This expansion is the best Battlefield has been since Bad Company 2. That said, holy fucking shit at the Xbox One performance here. Unforgivable stuff, runs at like 30 FPS most of the time.

Just read the patch notes. I'm happy about the stationary weapons respawning, but it makes the repair tool useless once again. Haven't had a chance to check out the new maps yet.

RoKKeR

Really liking the new maps for the most part. DICE is nailing the art style and aesthetic of this game, and I think these are some of the most visually striking maps to date.

Had some really fun rounds, definitely prefer the larger maps to the smaller ones. Some are snioer havens, but I got along decently as a medium range medic angling myself along the low hills and trenches.

I really want this game to get a One X patch.

Played another Operations match on Galicia and this time got on the defensive side of things. Joined a late match where were got pushed to the last objective with 150 attackers remaining on the first round. We scrambled to hold at least one of the flags and were eventually able to dig in at A and repel all of the attacker. Once the Armored Train came into play, my team focused on defending A since it was outside the reach of the Behemoth, and using this strategy we were able to repel both the second and third waves.

I think DICE should give that last point on Galicia a check, it might be too easy to dig into and defend.

Played another Operations match on Galicia and this time got on the defensive side of things. Joined a late match where were got pushed to the last objective with 150 attackers remaining on the first round. We scrambled to hold at least one of the flags and were eventually able to dig in at A and repel all of the attacker. Once the Armored Train came into play, my team focused on defending A since it was outside the reach of the Behemoth, and using this strategy we were able to repel both the second and third waves.

I think DICE should give that last point on Galicia a check, it might be too easy to dig into and defend.

I just got off a match and I think I may have seen u on the other team

Was gaf ur clan tag

We were attacking. That last point is hell

All 3 battalions lost in that one sector. Would be nice if we got a behemoth or more vehicles, or maybe if they delayed your spawn in a little longer

We were kicking ass too

Top Bottom