• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Does anyone else have sound issues when the action gets really intense? On a base PS4 here, and on the new maps my sound gets... staticky, I guess? when there's a lot of stuff going on. Usually coincides with the performance dropping. It's particularly bad on Tsaritsyn.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the new stuff.

terrible

Banned
When you have 4 medics incredibly close to you and none of them revive you. Like. Cmon guys. Smh

When you tag a friendly for revive and kill three people to get to their corpse and they respawn as soon as you get within 1m of them.

Lol goes both ways unfortunately. Some (most?) people appear to have no idea what is going on in-game.

Vorheez

So what's the consensus on the dlc guys?! I just got home so I haven't read or heard anything. I was really hoping to be able to play it tonight but i got caught up doing other things. It ended up being a great time to get back into this game because I'm really excited to see all the new content

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Umm for some reason, the game kept putting me in European servers last night. Tried to play operations and got put into empty European servers three times until i called it quits. Tried playing Conquest and Supply Drop and same thing. I was bitching about 130 ping the other day, 225 ping is literally unplayable.

Really disappointed because i kinda liked the new operations. i got to try them when i got home at around 6. The first sector on the farm operations is hell because there is literally no cover and the enemy team can pick us off easily when capturing B and trying to get to A. It's literally impossible without a train. You probably need some tanks but everyone was rolling with the new Artillery Trucks which meant you couldnt transport anyone anywhere.

Needed a train just to get out of the first area and managed to get to the last sector before needing another train.

The next map was much more manageable and we almost won the last sector but my stupid squad camped in a house just outside the capture zone for the last five minutes which essentially cost us the game.

The music is incredible. The graphics are stunning on the Pro. Performance is mostly fine on 40 player servers. Conquest is shit as always. You run around in circles capping flags and getting sniped or killed by players randomly coming from all directions. I cannot believe Battlefield survived all those years on this shitty mode. If it wasnt for operations, i dont think i could play it.

Which makes me not finding a new populated server even more frustrating.

EDIT: HDR is good. Colors feel natural. I only tried one vanilla map, Fao fortress which was in the middle of getting raped in a 64 player operation and couldnt really tell the difference. its a very dull map with probably the most muted color pallete in the game. I am curious to see how Sinai's rocks and Monte Grappa's hills look.

Played this for the first time in months yesterday. Really pleased with how much more polish has been added to the game in terms of menus, customising soldiers easily from the main menu, etc.

DLC seems pretty solid. It's interesting that they've added in perks, and expanded the game to have more unlocks, medals/ribbons to earn, and generally more things to achieve. It feels a lot less barebones.

Maps are impressive, with the exception of the flat map. Absolute trash tier.

I also forgot how the visuals maxed out absolutely shine on PC. Great stuff.

One issue though: the game STILL does not save my FOV and brightness settings when I exit and restart the game. It's infuriating.

So what's the consensus on the dlc guys?! I just got home so I haven't read or heard anything. I was really hoping to be able to play it tonight but i got caught up doing other things. It ended up being a great time to get back into this game because I'm really excited to see all the new content

Great maps. Albion is unbalanced but will probably get a tweak. Hopefully they add an extra flag or adjust the scoring for German side since the enemy can get like 3 flags before they get 1

Galicia is a great map, very misunderstood, but coming around as more people seem to be enjoying it

Lupkow Pass, I love that map too.

Village map is good too.

Tsarin-something is a trash 3 flag map.

Overall I love the maps, adds good variety to the existing ones

Olengie

When you tag a friendly for revive and kill three people to get to their corpse and they respawn as soon as you get within 1m of them.

Lol goes both ways unfortunately. Some (most?) people appear to have no idea what is going on in-game.

Or when you tag em and you're right there to revive them and they respawn and then you die

terrible

Banned
Or when you tag em and you're right there to revive them and they respawn and then you die

That pisses me off too but I'm mostly just mad at myself since I should've made sure it was safe first. I do wish they would skip to the spawn screen quicker when they are in a really bad position to get revived though. That's the only time you should definitely skip ASAP since it'll save medics from making suicide runs to get you.

Olengie

That pisses me off too but I'm mostly just mad at myself since I should've made sure it was safe first. I do wish they would skip to the spawn screen quicker when they are in a really bad position to get revived though. That's the only time you should definitely skip ASAP since it'll save medics from making suicide runs to get you.

Sometimes it is safe and you just suddenly die. lol.

Gaenor

Banned
Quick thoughts on the new maps after a game or two on each :

Lupkow Pass : Lots of sniper, but I quite like the look and layout of the map.

Albion : The highlight of this DLC. Reminds me of BF4's Paracel Storm. Haven't spawn on the German side, so I don't know how it feels to spawn on a ship.

Galicia : Flat map with little cover. Not good for infantry players. Beats Fao Fortress as the worst map of BF1 in my opinion.

Brusilov Keep : Relatively small map with a lot of concentrated firefights in the village. I like it a lot for a small map.

Tsaritsyn : Chaos !! The Cathedral (or whatever that is) is the theater of intense firefights and grenade spamming. It feels so good to defend the cathedral against waves and waves of incoming ennemies. Best map for the assignments requiring grenade kills.

Volga River : Huge map similar to Galicia, but with more cover and diversity, thus making it a lot better.

The music is phenomenal.

EYEL1NER

It did take me a little bit of time to train myself to look for where it said a medic was nearby in the lower left before spawning. I didn't notice it for the longest time and then once I did, I had to learn to wait and see if they were coming closer or moving further away.
It does only show that for medics who run syringes right? Like, if I'm my typical medic loadout with a med crate and not syringes, I don't show up as nearby for others I hope?

Coolluck

It did take me a little bit of time to train myself to look for where it said a medic was nearby in the lower left before spawning. I didn't notice it for the longest time and then once I did, I had to learn to wait and see if they were coming closer or moving further away.
It does only show that for medics who run syringes right? Like, if I'm my typical medic loadout with a med crate and not syringes, I don't show up as nearby for others I hope?

I've been curious to know if that's the case as well because some medical just don't pick you up. Also, why are you that medic?!

And you're left standing there with your dick (syringe) in your hand and another enemy shows up and kills you.

It's the only time I shout at the game.

Quick thoughts on the new maps after a game or two on each :

Lupkow Pass : Lots of sniper, but I quite like the look and layout of the map.

Albion : The highlight of this DLC. Reminds me of BF4's Paracel Storm. Haven't spawn on the German side, so I don't know how it feels to spawn on a ship.

Galicia : Flat map with little cover. Not good for infantry players. Beats Fao Fortress as the worst map of BF1 in my opinion.

Brusilov Keep : Relatively small map with a lot of concentrated firefights in the village. I like it a lot for a small map.

Tsaritsyn : Chaos !! The Cathedral (or whatever that is) is the theater of intense firefights and grenade spamming. It feels so good to defend the cathedral against waves and waves of incoming ennemies. Best map for the assignments requiring grenade kills.

Volga River : Huge map similar to Galicia, but with more cover and diversity, thus making it a lot better.

The music is phenomenal.

Brusilov was far more enjoyable than I would have believed looking at the map initially.

Tsaritsyn: they really need to make parts of the domes/roof partially collapseable. Would open things up much more.

I just got off a match and I think I may have seen u on the other team

Was gaf ur clan tag

We were attacking. That last point is hell

All 3 battalions lost in that one sector. Would be nice if we got a behemoth or more vehicles, or maybe if they delayed your spawn in a little longer

We were kicking ass too

I don't use a clan tag so probably wasn't me, also I'm on Xbox One.

I think if they moved the Defense spawn point a little farther back from A and gave the Attackers an Elite Kit (either Trench Raider or Flamethrower), along with switching the Defender's Elite Kit from the Sentry Villar-Perosa to the MG 08/15, then it would be a fairer fight.

Striker

Brusilov is slightly less linear than Suez but both come in with the same problems. Been on both sides of domination and while eating a snack, I spectated a game and it ends 1000-489. Not much competition obviously.

Anyone try out the new weapons at all? The Assault SMG is not bad but is more suited for midrange combat.

So this new gun the Federov is supposed to be closer to an assault rifle

Will we see more assault rifles for the medic class moving forward? How many more experimental guns can they do?

Meccs

Man, I waited so long for this second DLC and was really excited but I don't know if I can get back into the game. I haven't played since the second DLC. I kinda moved on... Getting used to all the handling and feel of the game will probably take me a while. Shit... maybe I am just too old. Gone are the days where I could just jump in and have fun. I want them back...

speaking of shoddy apartment stuff, is there seriously no way to disable the network notifications?

I know my internet sucks now thanks, don't need constant ugly orange reminders when i'm mid-game

Olengie

The Anti Tank Mine Challenge ? It's not that bad. Just put it down where you would think a Tank might drive by. Actually got last night.

I think the one I would have a time with is the Rifle Grenade and Mortar kills and shooting down an airplane with a LMG

J_Viper

Is the player base sticking around for the DLC maps on ps4?

The Complete edition is at Gamestop for 40 bucks and I might go for it. I remember digging the beta

mfw I join a cq64 map that has 3 flags

fox-mulder.gif

played on 3 of the maps so far and don't like any of them tbh

Galacia is one of my favorite maps from this DLC. The combat that takes place near B, C, and D are absolutely chaotic. The area between those points are No Man's Land, basically. It's exhilarating charging from trench to trench and from hole to hole as you make your way to the next flag with screams and gunfire all around you. I don't see what the fuss is all about; there is plenty of cover on this map. The ground has cover in the form of blast holes, trenches, and you could use smoke to mask your location. Also, since the map is mostly flat, all you have to do is go prone and you're almost hidden.

Is the player base sticking around for the DLC maps on ps4?

The Complete edition is at Gamestop for 40 bucks and I might go for it. I remember digging the beta
Personal experience I never had issues finding a dlc conquest map. I have some issues depending on the time finding a 40 operation match. This is before the complete edition over the summer on PS4.

the audio bug that's been around since the beta where things get static-y whenever lots of explosions/gun sounds go off is back with a vengeance (edit: glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing it, means it might actually get fixed lol)

also there seems to be a lot of rubble in these maps that should be climbable but aren't, the lag isn't helping but it often feels I get stuck on stuff

Striker

Omg challenge requires explosive mine kills is bs

Only does 72 damage
Put them in twos, if not all together.

More problem for me is the Tripwire bomb HE. It does normally 65-70 damage anymore for me. Guess the hope is for injured players to walk through.

Put them in twos, if not all together.

More problem for me is the Tripwire bomb HE. It does normally 65-70 damage anymore for me. Guess the hope is for injured players to walk through.

The tripwire is what i meant

These requirements are no fun and toxic

Mass One

Has anyone destroyed 2 planes with lmgs. I feel like this is some shit. The first half of both operations are good as attacker, with smoke and support very doable. The second maps are utter shit. Defending is all around a great experience.

ahhh. Yeah. That definitely looks like to be one of the toughest besides killing planes with LMGs.

Tripwire is at least doable, even if it's situational and frustrating.

But LMG is extremely stupid and DICE really sucks ass for it. First of all, pilots are way too good to get taken down by LMGs. Only a really stupid noob would fly the plane low enough for it to get destroyed.

J_Viper

Personal experience I never had issues finding a dlc conquest map. I have some issues depending on the time finding a 40 operation match. This is before the complete edition over the summer on PS4.

Thanks, sounds good

I'll probably pick this up to hold me off till Battlefront drops in price

Wait, did DICE lock new weapons behind "kill a plane with an LMG"? If so, that's probably the most bullshit goal I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter.

Olengie

Tripwire is at least doable, even if it's situational and frustrating.

But LMG is extremely stupid and DICE really sucks ass for it. First of all, pilots are way too good to get taken down by LMGs. Only a really stupid noob would fly the plane low enough for it to get destroyed.

It's definitely going to take a while. And patience. I thought getting anti tank mine kills was hard, but the other requirements are hard enough

Maybe LMG also counts for other planes and vehicles? Maybe? lol

Hystzen

Did the mars pistol kills to get my mosin rifle but jesus it took forever the Mars pistol is garbage pretty sure the weapon description is a troll claiming it was most powerful pistol. It took 5 shots to down a person while
I could easily 2-3 with other pistols.

Before specializations an he tripwire did 80 damage so it could lead to an easy assist as kill, now when the reduced explosive damage is a default perk? Lol good luck, I haven't played scout since the patch though so I don't know how bad it really is.

Top Bottom