• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Same. I placed it right in front of an entryway in the church and just kept pulling the trigger when someone popped into view. I ended the map with somewhere north of 15 kills, all from behind the shield, so something is up.

i got it. First it didnt show but after 2 mins that ingame page updated the stats and i had it.

terrible

Banned
I did it a 2nd time (got around 16 lol) and that time it unlocked. New tactic this time, I was basically drop shotting and throwing the shield up and killing people close range. That must have been humiliating.

Keasar

Some of these unlock requirements are ludicrous. I can deal with the grindy "Kill 50 people with [Boring Gun]" but others like having to use a specific gadget, "Kill 30 people with the Rifle Grenade FRG" are just tedious. Or the ones that rely basically on sheer luck "Destroy 2 planes with a LMG".

VariantX

Some of these unlock requirements are ludicrous. I can deal with the grindy "Kill 50 people with [Boring Gun]" but others like having to use a specific gadget, "Kill 30 people with the Rifle Grenade FRG" are just tedious. Or the ones that rely basically on sheer luck "Destroy 2 planes with a LMG".

Dice keeps putting these dumb-assed unlock requirements in the mainline games knowing it makes players do dumb shit instead of playing the damn objectives.

Fury451

Banned

I don't even know how you would destroy planes with an LMG without a squad in a fighter plane chewing it up and then letting you get the final kill.

The do such minimal damage that it's basically luck if you hit it right place right time. Stupid.

Welp the fun didn't last long, as soon as weekend rolls I become my true self again, a bottom 5% player who can't get better no matter what. Score wise I'm apparently a top man, so I guess this game is truly altruistic in nature. Sacrifice fun to make the team win.

Welp the fun didn't last long, as soon as weekend rolls I become my true self again, a bottom 5% player who can't get better no matter what. Score wise I'm apparently a top man, so I guess this game is truly altruistic in nature. Sacrifice fun to make the team win.

I have the game since 3 full weeks now and i gotta say, I<m getting better and I sometimes am in the positive KD ratio. I even was on the Best sqad twice in a Row. Getting better at the game, knowing what is the best strategy to use given a specific time of the match. Overall happy with how i'm playing now.

it use to be game like 4-12 in the kills department. now it's more like 21-23 on Operations...

good enough for me!

LORANT92

Play Operations on Galicia as the defenders, hang back a little bit so you don't get domed instantly by a sniper way off in the distance (or even better, set up in one of the trenches or craters).

As for a weapon, you'll want something that has good or great bullet velocity, decent minimum damage, and is either accurate as hell (Benet-Mercié or BAR telescopic) or you can just dump a ridiculous amount of shots with relatively good accuracy (MG15 LW or Suppressive, and ironically both of the MG14/17 variants). Don't be that guy who tries using the Lewis for this, it's trash.

Wait until some idiot spawns in a bomber or a heavy bomber, and you can hose them easily. Ignore fighters or attack planes as they are both too mobile and pilots have a tendency to focus on you if you don't take them out fast enough.

If you have a friend to play with who's good with the Tankgewehr, have them hit the bombers two or three times so you only have to do 50% / 25% damage. It's what I did yesterday with a friend, he managed to get both airplane kills in about 3-4 minutes this way.

I have the game since 3 full weeks now and i gotta say, I<m getting better and I sometimes am in the positive KD ratio. I even was on the Best sqad twice in a Row. Getting better at the game, knowing what is the best strategy to use given a specific time of the match. Overall happy with how i'm playing now.

it use to be game like 4-12 in the kills department. now it's more like 21-23 on Operations...

good enough for me!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Perfect Landing and Complete Warrior say hi

Neith

Banned
Tsaritsyn is a truly terrible map in 64 Conquest.

The team balancing for this game is still some of the worst bullshit I have ever encountered in an FPS. It's amazingly horrid in so many matches. Smart players just immediately spot a bad team and find a new server. I ain't got time to waste with a bunch of noobs in 30m games lol. Reminds me of Warhawk sometimes, but without the great and close games.

I hardly ever play a close game in BF1. It's basically my only major problem with the game.

Pryce

I had a game last night where my team and the other were neck and neck after 700 hundred tickets each. Nice flow to the game and instant pace. Suddenly, our team collapses, loses all flags, and loses by nearly 200 points.

So frustrating. I don't know if players switched teams or they got a bunch of high ranked players late, but nothing is more frustrating.

Neith

Banned
I had a game last night where my team and the other were neck and neck after 700 hundred tickets each. Nice flow to the game and instant pace. Suddenly, our team collapses, loses all flags, and loses by nearly 200 points.

So frustrating. I don't know if players switched teams or they got a bunch of high ranked players late, but nothing is more frustrating.

It's almost always the horrid team balancer bringing in new players or people randomly switching teams when this happens.

Also, this Russian DLC is cool at first, but I can't really say I am excited to play too many of these maps sometimes.

Striker

So there are more challenges behind the initials you unlock first? Hit 3/5 of the class based assignments and then you are asked to complete 5 out of 6 required tasks. The lone Speclialization, Inconspicuous (invisible on map from spot flares if stationary or moving slowly), does not seem too bad, however a few others are a bit much. Thankfully the items aren't worthwhile so gg Dice.

ThisOne

Man, Supply Drop is a shitty mode. It just turns into grenade spamming over and over and everyone just lying prone hoping they don't get sniped from across the map or blown up by a grenade.

Still not sure why anyone would want to play anything but Conquest in this game. Some of the other modes are nice little short-term distractions, but Conquest is clearly the best mode, in my opinion. Operations is okay but turns into a meat-grinder way too often for my tastes.

Akai__

Man, Supply Drop is a shitty mode. It just turns into grenade spamming over and over and everyone just lying prone hoping they don't get sniped from across the map or blown up by a grenade.

You forgot the constant Mortar fire, which I'm also guilty of, but only because somebody at DICE came up with cancerous challenges again and somehow thinks they are fun.

---

That being said, the DLC maps are majorly lacking in quality. I think it's one of the worst Battlefield DLC packs to date.

Still not sure why anyone would want to play anything but Conquest in this game. Some of the other modes are nice little short-term distractions, but Conquest is clearly the best mode, in my opinion. Operations is okay but turns into a meat-grinder way too often for my tastes.

Yeah, supply mode is garbage and its better if they didnt force crappy modes into the game.

Frontlines is surprisingly fun though.

Like, Frontlines, Conquest, Operations, and Rush are solid modes that should be their focus.

Everything else feels like a lame COD wannabe.

Yeah, supply mode is garbage and its better if they didnt force crappy modes into the game.

Frontlines is surprisingly fun though.

Like, Frontlines, Conquest, Operations, and Rush are solid modes that should be their focus.

Everything else feels like a lame COD wannabe.

Frontlines, Conquest, Operations for sure. Eh I used to <3 rush but I haven't played it since operation mode. But operations do take a lot longer compared to rush. Rush is iffy for me currently.

I am just playing supply drop for the trophy. After that, I prob won't ever play supply drop again unless it changes a lot.

edit: my k/d dropped doing these assignments...

WillyFive

I still don't understand why 32p or 48p conquest isn't a thing in BF1. Did they mess up the server rental program that bad?

DICE has been making super baffling decisions these past two years (Battlefront and BF1).

I think whoever is in charge needs to go, they are putting the wrong people on these projects.

This assignment though

"Destroy 5 tanks with crossbowlauncher HE"

Not cars, but TANKS. And FIVE of them.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Man we really need operations to be better balanced

The behemoths dont do it. The elites dont do it

They need to change how capturing works in your battalion stages

Gaenor

Banned
The assignments that remain for me involve AT Mine kills, Mortar Airbursts kills, 2 airplanes destroyed and Tripwire bomb kills.

Not sure I'll get any of those, it sucks.

The assignments that remain for me involve AT Mine kills, Mortar Airbursts kills, 2 airplanes destroyed and Tripwire bomb kills.

Mortar is easy on operations and frontlines

At mine kills are easy but slow. U can place them and forget them until it hits. U can switch classes without it disappearing

Olengie

Play on the Regular Map and randomly place mines down. You'll be surprised on how many kills you can get. Best place is Amiens imo.

There's an assignment that needs kills with the tank as well I think, so the anti-tank mine challenge is probably easier than normal just now.

Play on the Regular Map and randomly place mines down. You'll be surprised on how many kills you can get. Best place is Amiens imo.

Best place is to get to the enemy side of the map and place the mine near their tank-entry road. Tanks will usually go along the mainroad in Amiens, Monte Grappa, Giants Shadow, Ballroom Blitz.

Zeknurn

For Mortar airburst play Frontlines on Argonne Forest and just spam the choke points.

ThisOne

Game is currently unable to connect to EA servers on PS4 for me. Weird. Happened a few times in the last week or so. Never had this issue before with this game.

taoofjord

Damn, all of the new maps but one in this expansionare have been zero fun. Really boring, open, and flat. Was this intentional or were they cutting corners here in the name of content/quantity? Or might these click the more I play?

Damn, all of the new maps but one in this expansionare have been zero fun. Really boring, open, and flat. Was this intentional or were they cutting corners here in the name of content/quantity? Or might these click the more I play?

I am assuming it's intentional since it was wide open fields in the eastern front.

Fury451

Banned

Reflective of the type of warfare that occurred on the fronts, especially Eastern. Trenches and fields. It's why going "over the top" was basically considered to be a slaughter.

RoKKeR

I like the design. It feels appropriate for the setting and forces you to think a bit before running into the fray.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
double barrel shotgun

Trying to get the first basic Assault class "assignment" (?) And the last one is kill 5 with Dynamite.

I camped a flag and killed one guy rushing in but the kill didn't register after the game and I'm still at 0/5. I did this twice and it pretty boring to do.

Do i have to get all 5 kills in 1 game? The other things to do (get 20 kills with this gun) was cumulative...

What's the best way to get this done?

Thanks Gaf.

Edit: it's called Getting Started:
Soldier [Storm The Doors]

Olengie

If it says in a round, it has to be 5 kills in a game.

If not, then its cumulative

Just use dynamite in a close quarters map

Zeknurn

Trying to get the first basic Assault class "assignment" (?) And the last one is kill 5 with Dynamite.

I camped a flag and killed one guy rushing in but the kill didn't register after the game and I'm still at 0/5. I did this twice and it pretty boring to do.

Do i have to get all 5 kills in 1 game? The other things to do (get 20 kills with this gun) was cumulative...

What's the best way to get this done?

Thanks Gaf.

Edit: it's called Getting Started:
Soldier [Storm The Doors]

I've noticed that the tracker barely updates itself automatically, I need to go into the service assignment section and track another one for it to manually update.

It's worth a shot.

Top Bottom