• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

Ninja Scooter said:
can't you just spend the $400-500 you'd spend on the launch of a new console to upgrade your PC and play BF3 in all it's gloriousness? It's not like the console manufacturers not launching new hardware are depriving anyone of anything.
Or spend that $400-$500 you'd spend on upgrading your PC to be able to play these superior looking games on at least ten awesome games for a console you already got?! :O Choices, man. For me, games>graphics

madmackem

I would bet all kinds of money it will look better than that come launch, of course it wont be as good as pc thats a given seeing as how this is leading on pc. But i would bet alot it will look better than those pics on my tv as bfbc2 looks better than those shots.

Mr_Brit

Banned
vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h1fnt.png

PC
crysispc5.jpg

Another game that had to be butchered and tortured to be brought to consoles.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, now we're bringing up the Crysis Gametrailers compressed pic? PC gamers are getting desperate.

Castor Krieg said:
There already is a next gen - PC. Go buy it.
Yeah, I actually hope that this console gen goes on for another few years so that hopefully more people will get into PC gaming. I feel like there's an opportunity for people who traditionally only games on consoles to cross over right now, what with examples like this one that the consoles are really showing their age. I'm all for PC gaming, and I'd love for the interest to grow so we'd see more games with PC as lead platform and more games ported or released on PC at the same time as consoles.

People who just want to play COD or whatever can pick up a console for a couple hundred bucks, people who think of themselves as gamers can get a gaming PC and pay more for cutting edge visuals if they want them.

I think if there was a PR campaign for PC gaming highlighting things like the BF3 disparity PC gaming would take off a bit, but I'm not sure who would do it. Maybe Newegg could do something. I think there's still this idea that gaming PCs are ridiculously expensive, but really it's just a big upfront initial investment and you're pretty good from there on out. Even if you don't have a keyboard, monitor, or anything you can build a pretty awesome PC for around $1200, and after that if you're smart about buying parts you're looking at a $200-300 graphics card every few years. If you already have the basic stuff like a monitor and speakers, you can build a PC much more powerful than an Xbox or PS3 for around $600.

madmackem

Castor Krieg said:
This argument again....

What makes you think next-gen will not start at 400-500USD is beyond me.

Could be but thats a one time charge for the hardware, being a pc gamer if you want the best over the period of a consoles life you know your spending way more than that on parts.

glaurung

Actually, who cares?

If it plays OK, I don't give a rat's ass whether it looks like a Vaseline wall of anti-aliased fudge. Sure, the cockpit ILS arrows could look hotter, but it's not like you're going to be staring at those.

BlazingDarkness said:
OR I could continue to not give a shit about the graphical divide because ultimately they're still the same game.

That's all well and good when the versions deliver a very similar experience. But doesn't the PC multiplayer of BF3 support double the player count? Also, history is rife with hamstrung ports (sometimes the PC version!) that althought being "ultimately still the same game" aren't able to provie the same experience.

These shots look pretty bad, but I was pleased with how BC2 looked on console and expect this to look better.

Mr_Brit said:
[IMG*]http://h3.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h1fnt.png[/IMG]
PC
[IMG*]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8899/crysispc5.jpg[/IMG]

KW6yT.gif

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Wario64 said:
Wow, now we're bringing up the Crysis Gametrailers compressed pic? PC gamers are getting desperate.

While that's obviously not a fair comparison, I don't think anyone is "desperate" to prove that PC games look better than console games.

Norml

The M.O.B said:
Why are 360 shots at 1080P, shouldnt they be at 720p or something.

From the way they were captured I guess.You can see the small black line of missing pixels at the top of screens so know its direct I think.

Fjordson

glaurung said:
Precisely. Who the fuck needs console versions of Ace Combat, Resistance, Dark Souls and Uncharted 3?

Oh, wait...
Totally. Are those even games? If it's not a PC game then it doesn't exist. Fuck 'em. Master Race or die.

I don't understand this "new" notion of x or y games look drastically better on PC...so I guess that means we need new consoles. Am I just getting old or didn't we just used to accept that PC's and consoles are effectively different experiences, and should stay that way. Aren't PC's allowed to be drastically superior visually/feature-wise anymore?

Anyway, I digress. BF3 will look great on my rig, but it'll be a latter purchase for me, for me it'll be Rage. :\

Raonak

Banned
Useless thread. Even when next gen does come, PC will exclipse it immediately.
You have to credit the developers when you see graphics like U2/KZ3/GOW3 coming out of a 6 year old console.

The only reason I want a next gen is for Vita, I can only dream of the compatibility with the psv and ps4.

KageMaru

Mr_Brit said:
http://h3.abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h1fnt.png
PC
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8899/crysispc5.jpg

Hey guys, let's compare direct feed shots running on much more expensive hardware to screens of a compressed online stream running on $200 hardware! That's fair right? /sarcasm

I miss the days when games used to be about the gameplay first and fluff second =/ And this is coming from a tech whore.

Card Boy

Banned
beje said:
People with horribly outdated machines caring about tech and graphics, how cute.

Always makes me laugh we i see a Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth analysis thread and people arguing on what version is better.

Massa

Ysiadmihi said:
While that's obviously not a fair comparison, I don't think anyone is "desperate" to prove that PC games look better than console games.

You would think. There are crazy fanboys for anything.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seriously this thread pisses me off. OP must be dumber than a bag of rice.

It has been confirmed that BF3 will blow BC2 away on consoles.

Fucking useless thread.

overcast

Yeah, it'll look fine on consles. I just want the game to play well, all that matters.

Also, the PC version is obviously superior. That makes sense.

GenericUser

i dont care about the difference, still will get it on my ps3. I could never justify spending 600-700€ (for a new gaming rig) just to be able to play 1 single game.

and to be honest, i expected a even bigger gap.

ampere

Wait, people playing this on consoles are worried about the console version graphics competing with a maxed out PC version?

I'll wait to see it in motion. The real graphical competition for the 360 version is Gears of War 3.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
TheExplodingHead said:
I don't understand this "new" notion of x or y games look drastically better on PC...so I guess that means we need new consoles. Am I just getting old or didn't we just used to accept that PC's and consoles are effectively different experiences, and should stay that way. Aren't PC's allowed to be drastically superior visually/feature-wise anymore?

Even if you take PC out of the equation, current consoles are very outdated at this point. If Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft had a next-gen console out right now it wouldn't only be PC gamers shitting on the 360 and PS3's graphics. It would also be acceptable, like shitting on the Wii has been since day one. Double standard and all that.

Fjordson

Ysiadmihi said:
I don't think anyone is "desperate" to prove that PC games look better than console games.
I don't know. Lately, you're lucky to get through half a dozen posts in most topics before stumbling upon more "Master Race" superiority garbage.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Seriously this thread pisses me off. OP must be dumber than a bag of rice.

It has been confirmed that BF3 will blow BC2 away on consoles.

Fucking useless thread.

Thanks for pointing that out friend. What would you suggest that would help me become smarter than a bag of rice?

Rabbitwork said:
PC gamers are the direct reason that I do not game on PCs.

otherwise i probably would.

Gang members are the reason I refuse to wear pants. Otherwise I would.

mr_nothin

Banned
Kabouter said:
Wow that audio is annoying. It's a shame you're not the pilot, otherwise I'd be doing a Goldeneye-style ejector seat maneuver on the last plane.
Wtf?
Audio sounds amazing even with the shitty low quality.

cabottemp

Banned
Meh. Obviously won't look as good as PC but as long as it looks as good as bc2, I'll be happy. I didn't play that for the visuals, and my expectations for the console version of this game have been tempered. Should still be a lot of fun either way.

dLMN8R said:
Good jesus fucking christ. It's an incomplete game and a shitty-quality capture.

If you think the game will actually look like that on 360, you're a fucking imbecile.

"But the PC version will still look better!"

Yeah. No fucking shit. This thread is still irrelevant and stupid flame bait.

Calm the fuck down.

Top Bottom