• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

eek5

Wario64 said:
Wow, now we're bringing up the Crysis Gametrailers compressed pic? PC gamers are getting desperate.

They spend all their time bragging about how superior games are on PC but then come across as feeling so threatened. I don't get it.

IrishNinja

RE4 on PC

Up0DZ.jpg

6kugq.jpg

RE4 on consoles

re4.jpg

wjh15w.jpg

MGS 4 on PC

tsk56.jpg

MGS4 on console

REOQF.jpg

KageMaru said:
I miss the days when games used to be about the gameplay first and fluff second =/ And this is coming from a tech whore.

If anything, this generation is least concerned with graphics when you look at the success of things like angry birds, farmville, and the Wii. Ironically, "core" gamers are the ones more concerned about the superficial things like graphics.

KageMaru

ClovingSteam said:
Thanks for pointing that out friend. What would you suggest that would help me become smarter than a bag of rice?

Let's start with this...

141sax3.jpg

weekend_warrior said:
man why are xbox owners so quick to defend their console?

I see it as console gamers pointing out how stupid these comparisons are.

Why bother turning this into an Xbox vs anything thread?

Ysiadmihi said:
Even if you take PC out of the equation, current consoles are very outdated at this point. If Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft had a next-gen console out right now it wouldn't only be PC gamers shitting on the 360 and PS3's graphics. It would also be acceptable, like shitting on the Wii has been since day one. Double standard and all that.

I guess it depends on what you're betting your dollars on by proxy of hardware upgrades...

From where I'm standing, games still look good and play fine on current hardware. The Wii is really the only lame duck, as it pertains to tech not applicable on that HW that could improve games.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
thread totally misses the point. consoles are right where they need to be, nestled between the dvd players and the white kitchen goods walmart. not everyone is some neckbeard forum posting enthusiast who knows who releases what, when and for which platforms, they just want to pick up some set top videogame box on the way home from work, sink back into their couch and blow away some dudes.

i mean of course people like us want options, but we're gamers, enthusiasts, not the majority. we've got our nvidia 580s and amd 6950s and you just know we're gonna clock those things till steam rises out, but not everyone is a connoisseur. people buying consoles probably don't even know the difference between a ps3 and 360 other than one plays that indiana jones game and one plays the motorcross spaceman game; that's fine, that's exactly who they're for. people like these are precisely why a tumbling price and longer generation can only be a good thing, who are we to tell them how much they should be spending?

gaf can be so myopic at times.

LordCanti

I'm face palming so hard right now. Unfinished build, encoded to make bandwidth demands lower for DICE (they just want to see bugs according to the guy that leaked the video on reddit), and a low ass resolution to top it all off.

The finished game is not going to look like this. Seriously people, the game has been demo'd on PS3's over and over again at PAX, Gamescom, etc, and it looked just fine. They aren't going to put out a 360 version that looks like the leaked screenshots/video look. They just aren't.

Gravijah

mr_nothin said:
And this is exactly why we need 2 separate BF3 threads...one for pc and one for consoles.

If you play BF3 on all low settings, are you not allowed to post in the BF3 PC thread?

Pumpkins

Pranay_ said:
Cause someone is making a wrong comparion of Crysis Screenshots ?

i just posted the real 360 screenshots

I get why you did, but why is someone making a Crysis 1 comparison in a Battlefield 3 thread? What is the purpose?

KageMaru

Pumpkins said:
WHY ARE THERE CRYSIS 1 SCREENSHOTS HERE

WHY

People love to go out of their way to troll. I just don't understand it, they act like the toned downed console version is an insult to them for some reason.

[Insane] PC GAF bitches PCs are held back by consoles when PC isn't the lead, but then they act like this still when PC is the lead and not effected by consoles. It's sad really.

Laughing Banana said:
Man.... is every cross-platform PC-Console games in GAF will bring about the birth of a thread like this?

I hope not, or else why bother posting?

mr_nothin said:
And this is exactly why we need 2 separate BF3 threads...one for pc and one for consoles.

I second this, this is becoming very annoying.

Ysiadmihi said:
Well, the PC version has 64 players compared to 24 on console so...

You're not helping. Keeping the graphics to a realistic level so the game keeps a playable framerate is the point of "gameplay > graphics" when talking about consoles.

LEGGZZZZ

I can't wait for the beta to release and see all the crow people will be eating. How can anyone expect to release a game that looks worse than their previous titles, especially on a brand new engine?

I'm not saying it's going to look as good as Killzone 3, but anyone expecting BF3 to look awful on consoles is kidding themselves (looking at you OP).

eek5

Pumpkins said:
I get why you did, but why is someone making a Crysis 1 comparison in a Battlefield 3 thread? What is the purpose?

There must be people that think consoles are capable of better graphics than PC. Must prove them wrong!!! I WILL POST IN ALL THREADS!!

/rolleyes

ymmv

Banned
mr_nothin said:

Ah, the master race finally shows its real colors... "THIS THREAD IS PROHIBITED FOR CONSOLE GAMERS" ... "PC GAMERS ONLY" ....

Pranay

Pumpkins said:

He posted the trailer 360 screeenshots, for comparing Console Version to pc.

heavyness

I canceled my pre-order for the 360 and took all my consoles and threw them at some homeless people. I would rather homeless people play outdated consoles then have them take up room under my tv.

Pranay

eek5 said:
There must be people that think consoles are capable of better graphics than PC. Must prove them wrong!!! I WILL POST IN ALL THREADS!!

/rolleyes

Yeah Posting Terrible Compressed Screenshots from youtube of the console version to compare with the pc version is fare huh /?

Amagon

Keep Calm And Carry The Fuck On People

I don't know why you guys are bitching on pre-beta pics. BFBC2 looked great on the 360 so I would expect the same or better for BF3.

Troll thread is a troll thread

eek5

Pranay_ said:
Yeah Posting Terrible Compressed Screenshots from youtube of the console version to compare with the pc version is fare huh /?

Maybe the people posting that stuff are really console fanboys pretending to be pc fanboys to paint pc users as being fucking retards. Who knows man!? Trolls trolling trolls etc. etc.

fin

NO!!! If you want next-gen graphics get a PC, trust me it's awesome. I don't want the new consoles to come out till 2015. Give it more time to get the tech cheaper. I don't wanna re-buy my 580 inside a console in 2013....

As long as it looks slightly better than BC2, I'm happy.

Nonetheless, this game will be rushed like hell, they are forced to release before COD. Expecting a buggy mess at launch.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm bailing out of this thread, i gotta a feeling things are going to get uglier than it is now and heads are going to start rolling.

mr_nothin

Banned
ymmv said:
Ah, the master race finally shows its real colors... "THIS THREAD IS PROHIBITED FOR CONSOLE GAMERS" ... "PC GAMERS ONLY" ....
I'm looking at it from the other angle. Pc elitists coming in trying to crush console gamers hopes every chance they get. Telling them what looks good and that they need to migrate to the PC.

I'm part of the PC master race and I'm simultaneously a console peasant. :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
CrankyKong said:
So if they are alpha screenshots, shouldn't we wait until its actually finished before judging?
Indeed.

While I am buying the PC edition of Battlefield 3, I played the PS3 version on Saturday and it looked really rather good, especially for an early version of the game.

It did NOT look like the screenshots posted, and nor will it do upon release. Yes, the game will look better on PC but there is really no need for BS hyperbole like this.

Top Bottom