• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

Seronei

Slayer-33 said:
I don't understand how companies keep doing this..

People that are the most loyal should get 100% entry into these things automatically.

But no they do some ass backwards random selections as usual
It's an alpha not a costumer loyalty reward program.
They don't only need feedback from hardcore Battlefield fans they need feedback from players who has only played it on console, those who only has time to play Battlefield for 2 hours a week etc.

Seronei said:
It's an alpha not a costumer loyalty reward program.
They don't only need feedback from hardcore Battlefield fans they need feedback from players who has only played it on console, those who only has time to play Battlefield for 2 hours a week etc.

..Or simply just feedback from random people whom they've randomly selected to participate in the beta.

Rapefrog

Neo Member
StuST200, Stuart Gillard from the Midlands, UK.

What a clever bunny to not bother removing any incriminating evidence.

zlatko

Banned
So I got in, but I'm having issues, and the worst part is my internet has been dog shit last 4 days and the repair guy comes tomorrow.

I was in a queue to wait to talk to a DICE/EA rep since my code doesn't work to redeem it from Origin and download, AND the battlelog site won't let me in with my email for w/e god damn reason, but my net dropped before I got to talk anyone. (Line was 30 some people long and 20+ minute long wait)

Ugh. Hopefully I can get this all worked out tomorrow. I tried the usual switching O's and 0's, but no luck. Maybe it's an Origin issue or someone typed me a poop code into email. Oh wells.

woober

zlatko said:
So I got in, but I'm having issues, and the worst part is my internet has been dog shit last 4 days and the repair guy comes tomorrow.

I was in a queue to wait to talk to a DICE/EA rep since my code doesn't work to redeem it from Origin and download, AND the battlelog site won't let me in with my email for w/e god damn reason, but my net dropped before I got to talk anyone. (Line was 30 some people long and 20+ minute long wait)

Ugh. Hopefully I can get this all worked out tomorrow. I tried the usual switching O's and 0's, but no luck. Maybe it's an Origin issue or someone typed me a poop code into email. Oh wells.

How long ago did you receive your email? I thought wave 1 of keys were sent and that they probably won't send out new keys till tomorrow.

Looking good, but I want console footage! Too bad that the console isnt in Alpha testing as far as I know. I cant keep seing this awesomeness, I dont have the money for PC with good specs. =(

JaskoX1

Banned
Manage to get a guy named Norman to get my BF Vet. status up to level 6. Which I think is too high for what I've played but whatever :p

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Demoncarnotaur said:
Looking good, but I want console footage! Too bad that the console isnt in Alpha testing as far as I know. I cant keep seing this awesomeness, I dont have the money for PC with good specs. =(

if it is on low settings you're seeing console footage right now.

_woLf

Pleasantly surprised with how well the game seems to be running in all the videos. I'm BF veteran level 7, but no email yet.

Dug said:
Good news everyone, the video has been uploaded!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lg6gh29qdhs6sf1
jCT4B.png

The_Monk

I'm so proud of having this pre-ordered for a couple of months now.

Thank you Dice, make me proud of you.

Now I only need to learn to play it properly.
I wonder if there were/ is people switching to this game from the COD/Other games. If there are/were I wonder how difficult it was to adapt to the changes in gameplay.

Thoughts?

I found this (old) video very helpful for people like me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

Thank you all for posting the leaked videos of BF3. I'm almoooost entering the hype-train. Almost. This close...

Gah, problem with that video is the amount of bloom going on in the level. It tends to make a lot of the environment look washed out and texture wise, not so great. Even the rocket launcher looks kinda iffy texture wise. Can't tell if that's the textures or the bloom swamping the quality. :/

Kyaw

The English Conquistador said:
Gah, problem with that video is the amount of bloom going on in the level. It tends to make a lot of the environment look washed out and texture wise, not so great. Even the rocket launcher looks kinda iffy texture wise. Can't tell if that's the textures or the bloom swamping the quality. :/

It's on lowest settings dude.

demolitio

subversus said:
if it is on low settings you're seeing console footage right now.
That's the crazy part. This is supposedly on low and I think it looks better than the majority of games out there still...

Top Bottom