• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

xemumanic

Got my ass linked up as a battlefield veteran, I wish I'd known about doing that earlier. I played BF2, 2142, and Modern Combat 360, making me a rank 2. I've played Heroes, but it won't give me cred for doing that for some reason

Kyaw said:
It was a semi-automatic sniper rifle. Bolt-action sniper rifles would probably be 2 shots to the body.

Still good in my book.

IMO snipers should only be a 1 shot kill to the head. BC2 screwed this up by making them a 1 shot kill at close range.

Dug

Banned
Okay, the videos are done. Now don't go around sharing this too much or else it will probably be taken down! The video links are in this post, just quote me!

Izayoi

Banned
pillarofdawn said:
Do the people that have the invites have the game pre ordered?
Not always. Right now it seems to be almost completely random. I'm a Veteran 8 and I did not get an invite, and it seems some people who pre-ordered and/or bought MoH have not received an invite as well.

Wonderful. Just spoke to a diamond fella named Rajeev who helped me out with adding three games I had/have onto my account since gamespy was acting up. He's bumped my status from 2 to 6, and even added a game I've never even played.

Thanks to iSurvivedTheOutage and Woober for the help. :)

woober

The English Conquistador said:
Wonderful. Just spoke to a diamond fella named Rajeev who helped me out with adding three games I had/have onto my account since gamespy was acting up. He's bumped my status from 2 to 6, and even added a game I've never even played.

Thanks to iSurvivedTheOutage and Woober for the help. :)

Glad it worked out better than expected. : D

Capt.Haddock said:
gah lucky peoples.anyway we will able to see new footage.Now i just hope open beta thing is not exclusive to who brought moh.

I think what i have read is that the Open Beta will be available a bit earlier to the MOH people but eventually it will be open to all.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
snack said:
I have a veteran level of 8 and I didn't get jack.

I don't understand how companies keep doing this..

People that are the most loyal should get 100% entry into these things automatically.

But no they do some ass backwards random selections as usual

Pete Rock said:
I routinely see people over 10 and I know for a fact I saw a 15 last week. Pretty sure they get this high by downloading all the old demos + play4free + heroes titles.
there's an explanation for this...

Killijin said:
The combined totals from each registration method is the culprit for this. Instead of resetting the veteran status of players who had registered for the veterans program on the old site, they just kept those old numbers when they upgraded to the new site. However when you re-registered your games there, on the new site, they added to your overall total once again with all the games you own. So if and when you registered bf2, bf1942, heroes, and lets say 2142 bringing your total to 4, taking those titles and registering on the new site will give you 8.
There are 9 total games you can register however only 8 were available on the old site bringing the total amount you can have to 17.

they are quite dumb tbh.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/464362.page

snack

Slayer-33 said:
I don't understand how companies keep doing this..

People that are the most loyal should get 100% entry into these things automatically.

But no they do some ass backwards random selections as usual
Yeah, it's weird. But I got this game pre-ordered and my excitement level for BF3 is still off the charts!

U2NUMB

Veteran level 9 here but no invite.. oh well I am waiting to upgrade my PC anyways not sure my current one could handle it.

Deadbeat

Banned
Deadbeat said:
Could someone in the alpha post pics of the class customization/weapon screen? It would be quite swell to see stuff we havent seen yet.
Im gonna bump my request again because I noticed when the guy died in the 2 min metro video it looked like weapons will be customizable like MoH. So im curious how the whole system will work.

demolitio

And the torture begins. That early beta access email from buying MoH was pretty damn cruel to receive today...I bought that game solely for the beta (I did enjoy the game but not THAT much) so I'm glad MoH people do get the beta a little earlier. Hell, it's probably just a week earlier like all those Sony betas from buying other games...So pointless.

Anyone who supported them enough to buy MoH should be playing right now. :D

The Omega Man said:
3 shots to kill with the sniper?

wow DICE was serious about crippling the class
Yeah it looks really bad like that. Anything more than 2 shots to kill someone with a sniper seems silly to me. The whole point of a sniper rifle is that it's deadly if you're good with it, to need three shots... eh.

woober said:
Very nice. Looks great.

Top Bottom