• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Izayoi

Banned
bf32011-09-2800-04-25-9bn6.png

bf32011-09-2800-06-10-0zka.png

bf32011-09-2800-13-43-9bww.png

bf32011-09-2800-14-21-0l9m.png

bf32011-09-2800-14-29-uaag.png

Backfoggen said:
Lol, are we supposed to beg in order to play this map that's already on our computers and works great? Ridiculous.
Yeah. DICE and EA are handling this incredibly poorly.

Maybe the community manager will call everyone children again.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
Izayoi said:
Yup. Metro is a piece of shit compared to Caspian. Not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to show that instead of Caspian.

With Caspian already in the PC beta client and ready to play, the thing that really gets me about using Metro Rush for the PC beta is that it'll probably end up as one of the least-played map/mode combos (on PC) when the game ships. With the release date so close, it doesn't seem like they can afford to waste time on something like that.

Is the 24-player version on 360/PS3 exactly the same? Why not just test the tweaks made to Metro since the alpha on those platforms?

gillFTR

First all of feedback from "selected" members of the community is a fucken joke. I think I'm entitled to way more than them, I put the 60 $ down for your game...How about my feedback?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
The_Player said:
It's still closed, technically. Yo dawg, I heard you like close betas, so we...

lol yeah I guess you're right, which kinda makes it even worse >_<

gillFTR said:
First all of feedback from "selected" members of the community is a fucken joke. I think I'm entitled to way more than them, I put the 60 $ down for your game...How about my feedback?
Yeah, it's there on my hard drive! Why can't they just put up servers for us to play? Limited access to digital content is the worst crap this gen.

derFeef

Wonderful screens, Izayoi.
Wish I could play it today, but I guess EA likes to treat me badly. At least I can play in the Open Beta (Demo) tomorrow, even if I preordered weeks ago.

NBtoaster

Why on earth can't you access any menus during the "killcam".
I'm enjoying this much more than BC2, though I was hoping for some kind of lean.

i5 2500 + 570 -> ultra 1080p ->30-60fps.

Lots of bugs though. Spawning in the air, spawning underground, slippery dead guys, green flashes, white flashes.

Also, the water is ugly.

Silex

mr_nothin said:
So, you guys really are just gonna ruin it even after he put out that message to everybody?

EA won't cancel the caspian border beta because of some people posting videos of the map.

Izayoi said:
[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-09-2800-04-25-9bn6.png[/img]
[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-09-2800-06-10-0zka.png[/img]
[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-09-2800-13-43-9bww.png[/img]
[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-09-2800-14-21-0l9m.png[/img]
[img*]http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-09-2800-14-29-uaag.png[/img]

Yeah. DICE and EA are handling this incredibly poorly.

Maybe the community manager will call everyone children again.

Damnit that looks so fucking awesome, with the exception of the still amazingly ugly grass at times.

This password stuff is such bollocks.

I got in and played a fair bit of Caspian, so it's not jealousy or anything. It's just a great map and seems to be working fine. Let everyone test it ffs.

What is the deal with the "saving" when I click deploy. This thing annoys the shit out of me.

It should be one click to respawn, if it needs to save let it do it after I spawn. Right now I click deploy, it starts saving, then if I click deploy a few more times it seems like it spawns me faster... but I'm not really sure.

I like how it is in BC2, I can ready up before my respawn timer was up, or if I waited as soon as I clicked ok I was alive.

Spoo

I got major fucking graphics problems with the Caspian map -- like a bunch of vertices pulling out of the ground towards me :\

Other map works fine.

Izayoi

Banned
Spoo said:
I got major fucking graphics problems with the Caspian map -- like a bunch of vertices pulling out of the ground towards me :\

Other map works fine.
Check and make sure your GPU isn't overheating.

I've had considerably less problems with Caspian than I did with Metro.

Spookie

Izayoi said:
I've had considerably less problems with Caspian than I did with Metro.

Same.

(I was on the hype train before, after playing that map I've been upgraded to first class on the Orient Express hype train.)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think I'm Addicted =3

zmfhn8.jpg

9icwef.jpg

New Record, Time to Catch Up AngelSoldier:

i20o4h.jpg

1xja.jpg

=D

God So much fun on the PS3

Also love my headphones <3 these Turtle Beach DPX21 are amazing
I can be a 1/4 mile away and hear some arm the MCOM, so fucking awesome to go Knife dude who think they are sneaky

Dan Yo

Banned
Kibbles said:
What? Nothing's wrong with it (well, beta issues asside, it looks good and has stable framerate, no tearing, great IQ) It is an old build, not final, but probably not too far off how retail will look. MP looks worse than SP, so nobody should be comparing these to the fault line videos or anything. Also I noticed if you burn it to a CD the textures take much longer to load and it takes a while for your weapon to come when you spawn, so if anyone did this make sure to download the open beta to your HDD when it releases on the marketplace on Thursday.
Nothing's wrong with it? Are you insane? The game is a complete mess. One of the ugliest shooters on 360. Glitchy as all hell. Animations are a joke. Enemies taking way too many shots to put down, back out of a game and get a never ending load screen ......

It hurts my brain to even think of any more. This beta has killed all chances of EA's hopes to compete with CoD. I don't see how that's even questionable.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The destruction in this game is such a huge letdown for all the hype they gave it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Forgot to turn off inversion and just spent my time flying in circles, upside down, and then crashing :lol

Much better than Metro.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Massa said:
What? They added trophies to this beta? :p

Dude if they put in some ridiculous Gold Trophy ie 10,000 kills, or even 100,000 Kills

Gonna Platinum this Bitch So FUCKING HARD

Nekrono said:
Caspian, 64 players and jets.

Jets are awesome, and right now nobody cares about scores, etc. so everyone's free to have a go in one. I got in, not having a clue what the controls were, and ended up barrel rolling and flying to the top of the map and parachuting out. Awesome, awesome game.

So I'm back in and this is great.

I'm playing with Mr_Nothin, not sure if any other GAFers are in here.

Edit: And then it crashes as soon as I type that :( Oh well, meant to have lunch now anyway!

Top Bottom