• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Nekrono

Foliorum Viridum said:
So I'm back in and this is great.

I'm playing with Mr_Nothin, not sure if any other GAFers are in here.

Edit: And then it crashes as soon as I type that :( Oh well, meant to have lunch now anyway!
Joing the GAF platoon and feel free to add me.

gillFTR

Foliorum Viridum said:
So I'm back in and this is great.

I'm playing with Mr_Nothin, not sure if any other GAFers are in here.

Edit: And then it crashes as soon as I type that :( Oh well, meant to have lunch now anyway!

Hehe GG I was SublimePriest on the other team...I was accused of hacking lol.

JAFAR said:
Those of you who couldn't get into the Conquest on Caspian Border server can at least have a look at its glory here:

The video is still processing but it should be at 720p after it's done.

Battlefield 3 BETA - Conquest on Caspian Border gameplay (PC Ultra settings)
Ahh my beloved Battlefield where have you been hiding for so long!

The only reason I see for using Op Metro as a beta map and not Caspian border is platform parity. This looks so much better than the footage from Op Metro. Thank you.

Spoo said:
Fuck those bastards for never letting me in a jet :\ I waited for like 4 different ones, all taken.

Haha... it was funny as, there was like 12 dudes waiting around for the jets, and I spawn right in the jet area, one second later a jet spawns next to me and I press E and i'm in, cutting in line like a bastard.

I do hope that the Jets don't have people waiting around for them like that in the retail release, because half the team was there waiting... the novelty has to wear off right?

gillFTR

Spoo said:
Fuck those bastards for never letting me in a jet :\ I waited for like 4 different ones, all taken.

jets have no rockets after the first time I never really had any desire to go back in.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For some reason If I squad up with GAFfers on the PS3, 2 things happen

1. You can't talk to anyone, the whole room is dead, no clue why

2. Your squad-mates and you get separated, put on different teams, why I have no clue

Also there's a lot of clipping, you die, you go through the ground, some of the guys spawn and just go through a lot of materials they are not suppose to
The game flickers on and off, sometime your screen goes bright white, like the ending, but there's still like 50% of the game left
Flicker has stopped for me like 2 matches ago, but you can tell sometime it happens hella fast

This is all on PS3 by the way

Also sometimes your Sprint Ajars/Jammed, can't run, you have to quickly double tap to prone and tap quickly the sprint to get yourself going again, really weird

Support guys

Do you use the Pecheneg? I unlocked everything for the M249 so I'm trying a different gun, I'm not sure if I like this gun or not.

Also the collision detection when chunks of ground have been blown up is pretty terrible. I hope this gets fixed before release more than anything else.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
i dont know i like the subway part of metro but the park is pretty trash only made it to phase 3 once but i liked what i saw of that

Why when I install any recent AMD driver (11.7+) does BF3 still claim I'm on 10.4 (as does dxdiag, if that's a reliable source).

I keep installing them, and the installer keeps telling me I've updated to a newer version, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

Rainy Dog

GraveRobberX said:
For some reason If I squad up with GAFfers on the PS3, 2 things happen

1. You can't talk to anyone, the whole room is dead, no clue why

2. Your squad-mates and you get separated, put on different teams, why I have no clue

Also there's a lot of clipping, you die, you go through the ground, some of the guys spawn and just go through a lot of materials they are not suppose to
The game flickers on and off, sometime your screen goes bright white, like the ending, but there's still like 50% of the game left
Flicker has stopped for me like 2 matches ago, but you can tell sometime it happens hella fast

This is all on PS3 by the way

Also sometimes your Sprint Ajars/Jammed, can't run, you have to quickly double tap to prone and tap quickly the sprint to get yourself going again, really weird

Yep, after putting in a few more hours last night I'm quite shocked how buggy it is. I'd love to say "well, it's only a beta", but it is isn't really, is it? Game needs to be wrapped up anyday now for the disc's to be pressed for that Oct 25th release. I'm expecting big day one patches and probably months of ongoing tweaking and fixing. EA really had to have this out before that other game, didn't they... Wouldn't be surprised if DICE could've done with another few months.

moai

what a joke of "early access". bought that piece of shit Moh and still no key. WTF EA? at least there is other people in the same situation from reading this thread (360).

LEGGZZZZ

As hyped as I am about the server lists on console, I must say matchmaking has definitely improved from Bad Company 2. I can join anytime and there are at least 16 to 18 players in a game. In Bad Company 2, playing late/in the middle of the night was pointless, as you would basically be playing on a empty server. Good Stuff.

Nabs

blahblah...blah said:
Why when I install any recent AMD driver (11.7+) does BF3 still claim I'm on 10.4 (as does dxdiag, if that's a reliable source).

I keep installing them, and the installer keeps telling me I've updated to a newer version, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

You could try a clean install: Uninstall drivers / Restart into Safe Mode / Run Driver Sweeper / Remove AMD shit / Restart and install new drivers

Soma

I've been running recon a bit but I haven't touched the sniper rifles.

SMGs/Shotguns + the radio spawning thing, pretty valuable especially in the subway sections.

GraveRobberX said:
Yeah I thought this was weird too. I'll be sprinting then all of the sudden I'll stop and I won't be able to sprint again until I take my thumb completely off the control stick.

There's a few other things I've noticed, like the announcing of the MCOMs being destroyed or disabled. Sometimes it'll say "charge disarmed" when we're already about to head to the next set. lol. But it's a beta so I'm sure they'll smooth these things out by release date.

Hopefully.

Nabs said:
You could try a clean install: Uninstall drivers / Restart into Safe Mode / Run Driver Sweeper / Remove AMD shit / Restart and install new drivers

Might do. Seems a little too much for me at this stage, as the game still runs fine.

By the way guys, as hyped as we are about Caspian's size, is it not a little disconcerting that all three capture points are bunched right in the centre of the map, thus making everything else enjoyable but pointless.

JAFAR

JAFAR said:
Those of you who couldn't get into the Conquest on Caspian Border server can at least have a look at its glory here:

The video is still processing but it should be at 720p after it's done.

Battlefield 3 BETA - Conquest on Caspian Border gameplay (PC Ultra settings)

Watch the trees react to the pressure wave of the tank projectile flying by @ 13:05.
eek3.gif

moonspeak said:
I've been running recon a bit but I haven't touched the sniper rifles.

SMGs/Shotguns + the radio spawning thing, pretty valuable especially in the subway sections.

Yeah I thought this was weird too. I'll be sprinting then all of the sudden I'll stop and I won't be able to sprint again until I take my thumb completely off the control stick.

There's a few other things I've noticed, like the announcing of the MCOMs being destroyed or disabled. Sometimes it'll say "charge disarmed" when we're already about to head to the next set. lol. But it's a beta so I'm sure they'll smooth these things out by release date.

Hopefully.

All kinds of things are broken.

Sometimes after tossing an ammo crate my weapons disappear and I can't zoom. I can still shoot but my crosshairs are super wide.

At the first set of mcoms, left hand side if you are attackers. That terrain is bugged to hell (much worse than the normal battlefield get caught on a a tumbleweed bullshit). Anytime the terrain gets blown up I fall thru the floor and can see under the map.

Guns float in the air where the person was holding it when they die. Gun magazines sometimes float in the air around players.

I thought I had taken screenshots of the gun model issues but fraps wasn't on. I'll try to find it again.

"Those of you who couldn't get into the Conquest on Caspian Border server can at least have a look at its glory here:"

You mean the map is not available any more? WTF? Can't a guy get any sleep without missing an oportunity like this... ARGH

DarkChild said:
First PS3 and 360 comparison for those wondering which to get.
Battlefield_3_Beta_Grafikvergleich_PS3_Xbox_360_5.jpg

Generally, shots from this site are not the best quality so expect it to looks nicer when DF releases their comparison.
<a href="http://www.videogameszone.de/Battlefield-3-Xbox360-221123/News/Battlefield-3-Beta-Das-Grafik-Duell-zwischen-PS3-und-Xbox-360-847154/galerie/1569195/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">http://www.videogameszone.de/Battlef...lerie/1569195/</a>

FXAA for 360? It's AA is definitely better

After looking at the examples more, it seems the 360's AA looks better in one area but then in another the PS3's AA comes out on top in the same comparison shot. Weird

Megasoum

Banned
I hope that DICE's surprise for the PC crowd today is not just the password for those 2-3 servers. Would be useless for the vast majority of players.

Top Bottom