• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Shai-Tan

Banned
Emily Chu said:
is it just me or does the game feel no where to be complete ?

as in Day 1 patch and a bunch of Patches the first month or so I expect

btw I reverted back to old drivers out of curiosity

Quad Core + 8800GT had to set everything on low on beta drivers ran @ 25-30 fps

but with the Stable old drivers I got Awesome FPS, 1080p @ 50-60 fps most settings medium to high... ran faster then BC2 on my comp

My theory ? the game, code, drivers, origin, battlelog are completely unoptimized.

may just be nvidia. there have been some problems in recent drivers like massive stutters in bc2. they will probably improve them soon

Emily Chu

Banned
Fourman said:
They still have a month to work things out. This isn't Red Orchestra 2 with a small team of developers with only a week away from release while having a beta, DICE can get the game polished by release date. Believe.

I do Believe and I honestly don't mind, but feels like there just rushing a good thing to beat out u know what to release date...

but lol if they push back the release date people will bitch...

Maybe someone with similar setup did this before, but I'll do it again:

i5-2500K, GTX 560 Ti, 8GB RAM all @ stock speeds.

Runs beautifully on 1440x900. I know not an awesome feat on that res. but the beta is much better than the alpha. Hopefully the full game will be even better optimized.

So is the gaf server based in the US or Europe?

Man... Caspian is pure awesome, there's so much going on, however it is a bit frustrating to run from point to point without transport, but there is usually transport readily available.

Jets are just pure awesome, and Choppers are pretty awesome as well, still haven't been able to figure out how to fire missiles while flying even though I've had clear missile lock.

This game is going to blow my mind, I've been playing way too much today, I'm bombed, time to get off for now.

AllIsOneIsNone said:
This topic may have been discussed already, but are other people having graphical "chugs" when they are on terrain, especially close to rocks/on hills? Also, there are certain places in the maps where I'll almost get stuck in the ground. Just wanted to know if these things have been brought up.

Its like this on the 360. I also reported my issues here

Dmax3901

I got in a few rounds of Caspian, unfortunately I get dragged down into max 20fps regardless of settings, not sure why. Seems to be a lot more visual glitches on Caspian too. I'm off to bed, hopefully I wake up to a nice big patch and Caspian made public.

Ryuuga

Banned
mr_nothin said:
That just means that they're in the post-game stat screen and arent in the actual game yet. Give it about 30 secs to a min and it'll work then.
Thanks for the reply Ill have to try again when I get back from work. Looking forward to more impressions for Caspian.

91st in queue for a caspian server

yao-meme.png

After repeated server disconnects, I decided to quit a game as soon as I levelled up to level 2. Turns out the stats there didn't get counted either. Fuck's sake.

Playing caspian is hard from Australia, it was ok with 250ms lag in the alpha on metro because it was close quarters, but eu servers are 350ms+ and lots of long range firefights, get my arse lag kicked!

I've played a lot of rounds where there are no friendly or enemy indicators. Is this a bug or a server setting?

In any case they should make the camos more distinct, quite difficult to tell the difference.

Where are you supposed to leave feedback? I shall check the OP.

Yes you are eligible for the beta.
But unfortunately I am really very sorry to inform you that we are experiencing some technical issues with the tool that is used to get the codes.
I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.I would request you to contact us after few hrs as it would be up
within few hrs and we would be able to investigate the accounts and provide the code.

Lmao, a few hours. Can't wait to get my 1/4th of a day early access code!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Metalmurphy said:
Damn... 30-40fps on Caspian

Guess I'm not playing this in ULTRA

:(
I'm reading a lot of improved FR's in Caspian. I'm just shy of a rock solid 60 on maxed settings so unless it's all the chaos and jets, I can see myself matching or at least not dipping below the low of 45 I hit in Metro.

Pretty excited to try that map now but I have to wait a few hours.

Just played Caspian...

motherofgod.jpg

The server I got into went up and was full about 10 seconds later. It disconnected just before the end though. 64 players is fucking crazy.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
What's wrong with 30-40?

Well I must give credit to Crytek, when crysis dips below 60 it has quite some headroom before the game feels choppy.

Damn BF3 feels choppy at 55 for me T_T

Emily Chu

Banned
Corky said:
Well I must give credit to Crytek, when crysis dips below 60 it has quite some headroom before the game feels choppy.

whats up with that ? what does crytek do that makes anything under 60 not feel shitty ?

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
What's wrong with 30-40?

Once you go 60, you never go back. :p

If Metro ran at the same framerate I probably wouldn't care, but after playing it yesterday at 60 I can't play it like this anymore.

kitch9

Banned
ColeTheMole said:
So it seems servers crash/ disconnect after 1 round and reset, correct?

My video ram usage creeps up then the game crashes once full after a few rounds...... Poss memory leak?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Emily Chu said:
whats up with that ? what does crytek do that makes anything under 60 not feel shitty ?

No idea frankly, maybe it the way they implement their motion blur...

Anywho I took a bunch of random screens from my match on caspian in case anyone wanted to see some more. Here's a preemptive apology for the spam, but in my defence I've made them rather small.

Batch 1 of 2

bf32011-09-2815-03-00-6c98.png

bf32011-09-2815-02-55-uctw.png

bf32011-09-2815-02-50-uff3.png

bf32011-09-2815-00-08-nc1p.png

bf32011-09-2814-58-10-scfk.png

bf32011-09-2814-57-55-pcf4.png

bf32011-09-2815-10-41-1cxo.png

Corky said:

mxgt said:
It's not 60!

Metalmurphy said:
Once you go 60, you never go back. :p

If Metro ran at the same framerate I probably wouldn't care, but after playing it yesterday at 60 I can't play it like this anymore.

I can't even tell the difference. I think it's from always playing games at insanely low FPS than most people would (justifiably) tolerate. I don't even know if I could tell the difference between the two.

I know that sounds crazy, but I don't think I could. Perhaps if I saw two examples side to side I'd finally notice the difference.

LiquidMetal14

I've played in 6 matches without any disconnects. I have been in 2 waiting lines but canceled and tried again with success. Even with my crappy internet connection I'm very impressed thus far.

LOL @ that server pic ^^^

Bob White

Yeah, I went to sleep after they took battlelog down last night. Any word on caspian being for everyone and going up some time today?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Dude I just unlocked that EOD Bot, HOLY FUCK is it funny

Enemies were just chasing me thinking WTF is that?

5+ dudse got sniped lol, I watched them die/death scream in front of me

Also I armed my first MCOM with that little dude, bless you Wall-E, he got blown up by 6 grenades thrown in the vicinity, you shall be missed =[

Moving him is a fucking bitch, the movement = tank controls taken to the extreme, which is a good thing, if this thing moved like a go kart, cutting corners, there would be 10+ EOD Bot's rolling around in the future

So awesome that little guy =3

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Emily Chu said:
The way they animate combined with their insanely good motion blur gives a sense of having a higher framerate. That's part of why I love motion blur.

EDIT: Goddamn Caspian looks awesome.

LiquidMetal14

Anyone know what the difference between the 11.10 drivers released yesterday and these newer ones?

I have the other one installed and have had 0 issues. Is there a changelog?

Spl1nter

So I got to play Caspian, its a really nice map. Sense of scale is amazing. Only issue I really had is the minimap is complete garbage for the map. Doesnt help that the pop out map is as well. They also need to make the compass larger, its way to small.

Emily Chu

Banned
holy shit wtf bbq sauce I got in for about 5 minutes

fuckkken tanks , jets, aero planes, jeeps, wagons, band wagons GALORE!!!

FFFUCCCKENNNNNN AWEEESOME!!!!!!

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

so much shit in the air ground and just every where lol

qSfcM.png

s2rMa.gif

Nekrono

LiquidMetal14 said:
Anyone know what the difference between the 11.10 drivers released yesterday and these newer ones?

I have the other one installed and have had 0 issues. Is there a changelog?
Aren't they the same?

Top Bottom