• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

How's the destruction in the pc version guys? I hope the level of destruction in the beta for consoles doesn't represent the final for retail.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nekrono said:
Aren't they the same?
That's what I thought but someone yesterday mentioned that AMD found a bug. It's on their twitter feed I think. No issues here so I won't DL unless these are even better BF3 drivers.

Naeblish

So the screenshots we are seeing in this thread are on medium settings (since someone said ultra settings are reverted back to medium in beta) ??

Man, I'm pretty much stuck using the matchmaking. Every time I try to join a server any other away I get some connection bollocks and it doesn't let me.

I just wanna play Caspian man :(

mr_nothin

Banned
Naeblish said:
So the screenshots we are seeing in this thread are on medium settings (since someone said ultra settings are reverted back to medium in beta) ??
It was me who was getting at that. I think it's a mix of medium/high/ and ultra textures. The rocks are obviously ultra. There should be at least 4 different graphics settings. 1-4 which would be 1=low, 2=medium, 3=high, 4=ultra. But there are 5 different settings and the beta is capped at 3. If you change any of the settings to 4 or 5 then it reverts to the "low" setting when you check in the in-game options.

I dont think we're seeing any high quality effects either. Smoke might be but anything that sparks is a little janky looking, especially at a distance. I think some of us in here are in for a rude awakening once retail hits. Well, we still have optimization to look forward to.

FunBoy

Any murmurs of times we will be able to sign up for when the beta goes opens up to the rest of us?

00.00 GMT tonight would be nice!

Shai-Tan

Banned
mr_nothin said:
It was me who was getting at that. I think it's a mix of medium/high/ and ultra textures. The rocks are obviously ultra. There should be at least 4 different graphics settings. 1-4 which would be 1=low, 2=medium, 3=high, 4=ultra. But there are 5 different settings and the beta is capped at 3. If you change any of the settings to 4 or 5 then it reverts to the "low" setting when you check in the in-game options.

I dont think we're seeing any high quality effects either. Smoke might be but anything that sparks is a little janky looking, especially at a distance. I think some of us in here are in for a rude awakening once retail hits. Well, we still have optimization to look forward to.

i wouldn't hold your breath. they said the same about the bc2 beta and there really wasn't that much improvement in the final game

Mikey Jr.

Quick question.

Is there ANY way to make the O button crouch on the PS3 version. Right stick is getting fucking annoying as hell.

Violater

Bollocks said:
There's no need to, PS3 version is superior

Pretty sure the request was not for a comparison objective, but yes nevertheless that will be the inevitable outcome.
Be that as it may I would like to see some streaming footage from the PS3 version.

Menelaus

Banned
Has anyone had luck remapping controls to their extra mouse buttons?

I like having melee and grenades assigned to my back/forward buttons, but the game isn't recognizing it.

Kyaw

FUUUU, i missed the Caspian Border party T_T

There's only like 2 servers left and all are full. :(

Why can't i queue for it???

belvedere

Junior Butler
Menelaus said:
Has anyone had luck remapping controls to their extra mouse buttons?

I like having melee and grenades assigned to my back/forward buttons, but the game isn't recognizing it.

I would like to know as well, even if it involves .ini tweaks. I've failed so many stab attempts because of this lol.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
STILL NO FUCKING KEY. I WILL NEVER EVER PRE-ORDER SHIT OR BUY ANYTHING FROM ORIGIN AGAIN.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

Spl1nter said:
So I got to play Caspian, its a really nice map. Sense of scale is amazing. Only issue I really had is the minimap is complete garbage for the map. Doesnt help that the pop out map is as well. They also need to make the compass larger, its way to small.

Compass spanning across the bottom of the screen would be better, IMO, though HUD sluts wouldn't like it. And yeah, the minimap is a joke at this point.

Playing Caspian Border for the first time, I was getting ROCKED. It's kinda crazy how your Rush mindset is different from Conquest. It felt weird to play actual Battlefield again.

That said, vehicle disabling is probably the coolest goddamn thing in the world. DICE has been harping about gameplay design that creates "moments" for both parties, and this is without a doubt one of their best. It can be a little disappointing to not get a multikill when your rocket clips a jeep, but watching it skid to a halt as the people scramble to get out and engage in a firefight is damned awesome.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
betty swollocks said:
I've not seen any. On PS3 or 360.
I've been playing on PS3 and it has some of the worst screen tearing I've ever seen. Sometimes. There are five separate regions of the screen because of it. It's also pretty jaggy on PS3. The lighting is phenominal though and it plays great so I really can't complain.

If these graphic options are not the highest than I am not running ultra on release for sure lol

Looks like I may be buying another 6950 this year

Arucardo said:
You're in luck, I just pm'd you mine.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

You are awesome for that

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Arucardo said:
You're in luck, I just pm'd you mine.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Once again thank you very much Arucardo. I owe you one :)

I feel bad for my austrian buddy derFeef :(

Any key for him? :/

woober

So when do they plan on releasing Caspian publicly for the PC Beta? If what zh1nto was hinting at is just letting people try Caspian in these 12 servers that are out there... lame.

Top Bottom