• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

That's the thing though! They didn't ragequit after Kharg Island defense! So it was Op Metro with them on defense. We sweat a little and take A/B after they spread out to defend behind rocks and shit. So they fall back, but they get in the tunnel on the far right with a sniper there (thereby locking it down since we have no way to throw an explosive down there due to the "roof" of the tunnel) and had shotguns in the other two hallways with a few backup snipers.

Shit was annoying me so I left. Dan and Dave left as well. Faceless joined me in a decomp TDM match but we were losing so he left after two rounds and I left after three.

It's hilarious in retrospect because I got 5 MVP medals against 3-4 of them. Start calling in the cavalry... 6? Still winning... 9? Still winning but had to dig in and tank KDR. 10? Okay, we could win on defense, but not worth another death march to defend against. "You win," but only in attrition. You still suck in smaller numbers and a deaf person just ran all over your asses even when you had air vehicles, something he hates, dudes.

Apparently. I guess because I kept getting MVP with Faceless or one of you two getting MVP 2/3 in tow with our "squad" at the top. Consistantly with them being a full 1000 points or more behind in the leaderboards.

The most satisfying part of those rounds was me getting the "FUCK YOU" arm/disarms of the round on Kharg. Nearly lost second set. Armed it. Dunno how we held them off but suddenly "M-COM DESTROYED! 'FUCK YOU' AT MY MONITOR!"

Disarm? Third set at A. Take out a dude going up the stairs with the AEK. Get over there. Start getting pinged, throw a medikit out. Pray. DISARM! Wait what!? I ENDED THE GAME!? "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! *fist pump*"

a the end of Kharg, two of them were about to kill you too, but i came up the front stairs and shot them in the back.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
a the end of Kharg, two of them were about to kill you too, but i came up the front stairs and shot them in the back.

Good save then. Because I was faceplanted in the crate. I couldn't even see them because I was getting shot all over.

olimpia84

That's the thing though! They didn't ragequit after Kharg Island defense! So it was Op Metro with them on defense. We sweat a little and take A/B after they spread out to defend behind rocks and shit. So they fall back, but they get in the tunnel on the far right with a sniper there (thereby locking it down since we have no way to throw an explosive down there due to the "roof" of the tunnel) and had shotguns in the other two hallways with a few backup snipers.

Shit was annoying me so I left. Dan and Dave left as well. Faceless joined me in a decomp TDM match but we were losing so he left after two rounds and I left after three.

So it was you guys that rage quit then :p

You guys just need to stick with it and wait for the next round for payback. Dave and faceless joined me yesterday for a bunch of Rush games (thn later on as well) and out of 10 games we won 9 and lost only 1. And guess which level we lost? Op. Metro attack round.
We lost on the second set and it was extremely annoying because we managed to take A down but the opposing team set up camp in the restroom where the B mcom is. It was loaded with motion radars, C4, Claymores and at least 6 people inside there guarding the mcom at all times with USAS12 frag rounds...so yeah, it was pretty much mission impossible and no way we could win but we got them in the next few rounds and most of the good players in the opposing team ended up quitting.

TheSeks

So it was you guys that rage quit then :p

...Sure. But I was going to deal with another death march on defense. Not worth it. They can have the server and think they won despite the fact we won 10 games against them as they were ramping up their occupancy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
...Sure. But I was going to deal with another death march on defense. Not worth it. They can have the server and think they won despite the fact we won 10 games against them as they were ramping up their occupancy.

I doubt they will ever go against us on a 1:1 ratio match

Calion

ZZZZZzzzzz... when will I find Calion in a B2K Rush server? *wistful sigh*

Hopefully soon man. Hopefully soon.

Faceless and I had a good Nashar game sneaking around and winning on attack. We couldn't quite hold them on defense though. Oh well. : /

TheSeks

OMG I hate USPS. Now I have to play "Detective Seks: Finding Dreams package meant for him" possibly across town because someone signed for a package that wasn't meant for them and it isn't anyone in my family.

OMG I hate USPS and their death can't come soon enough.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
OMG I hate USPS. Now I have to play "Detective Seks: Finding Dreams package meant for him" possibly across town because someone signed for a package that wasn't meant for them and it isn't anyone in my family.

Huh?

olimpia84

Olimpia, I would of fixed the tank... if I had the repair tool instead of mines

Sorry about that, I didn't know you were carrying mines. It was too damn frustrating because it looked like we were going to lose that game but thank God we managed to get our thing together towards the end and win.

I'm just imagining some senile woman somewhere enjoying the game lol.

TheSeks

I'm just imagining some senile woman somewhere enjoying the game lol.

Apparently, they told my mom they lost it somewhere. Despite the fact they said on that tracking note it's delivered. He said, she said. :| It's pissing me off.

olimpia84

I find TDM to be the absolute worst mode. If you guys need help with SDM or SR let me know, I actually enjoyed getting those medals a bit.

Daigoro

so i unliocked the final B2K weapon and got my 10 kills with it... nothing. no achievement.

i have a minimum of 10 kills with every other B2K weapon and over 100 with the FAMAS. then i went and for another 10+ kills with the FAMAS. still nothing...

am i fucked?

so i unliocked the final B2K weapon and got my 10 kills with it... nothing. no achievement.

i have a minimum of 10 kills with every other B2K weapon and over 100 with the FAMAS. then i went and for another 10+ kills with the FAMAS. still nothing...

am i fucked?
I don't know if it's the same on all platforms, but on PS3 the FAMAS has a bug: you need to get all 10 FAMAS kills in the same round. Luckily the FAMAS is a beast :)

Once I went back and did that the trophy popped immediately.

Daigoro

i will try that. just going to keep using the thing until it hopefully pops. thx.

yes that gun is sick. im amazed every time i use it.

im sure ive gotten 10 kills in a round with it before. must have. but not since unlocking all of the guns. fingers crossed.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know if it's the same on all platforms, but on PS3 the FAMAS has a bug: you need to get all 10 FAMAS kills in the same round. Luckily the FAMAS is a beast :)

Once I went back and did that the trophy popped immediately.

That's what happened for me on 360 as well. 10 in one round and I got it.

i read all the tips on forums about having to get 10 FAMAS kills in a round for the achievement/trophy and just did the FAMAS last, and after 10 kills in a round, the achievement/trophy popped up without fail on both consoles.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just had a pretty amazing game on Kharg Island in the jet. Got 24 kills 0 deaths. Granted, the other team was pretty clueless but it was still awesome. Ended up with a total of around 37k points for that match. :)

Oh, and hi, I just for my account approved after ~2 years of waiting.

peetfeet

Been put up on Battlefields Twitter and facebook

In our largest crackdown yet, this week sees us banning a significant number of cheaters. Because you deserve a fair game. Also, we have a fix on its way for the VOIP issue that some Battlefield 3 players have experienced on PS3. Expect your patch soon (stay tuned for exact timing), and have a great gaming weekend!

At last!

Daigoro

OG Kush

Hey guys I havnet played this game in 2 months, but after my exams are done I really want to get back in. got some q's though...
Did they balance the IRNV?
Can I quit after a round while at that loading screen? If not have they even commented on this?!
Any point me even trying to level up my jets and helicopter perks as everyone else will already be much higher up?
Any variety in map rotation? I just remember every server being the same map rotation.
thanks

Hey guys I havnet played this game in 2 months, but after my exams are done I really want to get back in. got some q's though...
Did they balance the IRNV?
Can I quit after a round while at that loading screen? If not have they even commented on this?!
Any point me even trying to level up my jets and helicopter perks as everyone else will already be much higher up?
Any variety in map rotation? I just remember every server being the same map rotation.
thanks

IRNV is... different on some maps, the same on others...

they haven't commented on quitting on the loading screen in 4 games now... people have been asking about it since BC1.

helicopter? you just have to be a passenger with a decent pilot.

jets? lol.

map rotation depends on the server.

Um... There is? P is random rotation. EA Normal is a set-rotation. DICE is a set rotation. B2K is B2K only standard rotation.

they haven't commented on quitting on the loading screen in 4 games now... people have been asking about it since BC1.
I think Alan Kertz did address it on Twitter a few months back in response to someones tweet. He basically said that they left it that way to encourage people to keep playing.

Also that is awesome news about the PS3 VOIP fix!

olimpia84

I've been getting disconnected very often lately. Annoying, as I get a loss because I'm usually playing with randoms and cant' join their games after I get kicked out and my quit% goes up.

so i was looking at the store in the BF3 menu on PS3 and noticed the Preorder Specact Skins and Dogtags are available there

also, finally got an IFV service star on PS3! all vehicles done!

Well it was a nice few game guys.
Haven't played it in like 3-4 months, glad the pubs are still stupid as always orz

See you guys in another few months >.> *studies*

Top Bottom