• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

spidye

Is this really how bad it is all the time? That's baaaad, I don't know how you guys can even play like that.
I think I'm getting used to it but it's still unacceptable. I can't believe that dice just doesn't provide a solution for a problem that was never prevalent in any battlefield game before on ps3.

oh and FIX THE AUDIO DICE!!

olimpia84

Why does Recon take more points than the other classes to complete? Any tips to help speed it up? I use the radio and motion sensor the most and swap to PDWs or shotguns for faster killing when not on good sniping areas, but its still slow going.

The funny thing is that the Engineer class (which is the most useful in the game) is the fastest to level up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Those who can adapt, do. those who can't, complain.

The input lag still sucks, bro. Come on, you can't tell me there's not moments where you go "I HAD THAT MOTHERFUCKER!" at your monitor in a CQC situation because the game is too little/too much like KZ2.

Why does Recon take more points than the other classes to complete? Any tips to help speed it up? I use the radio and motion sensor the most and swap to PDWs or shotguns for faster killing when not on good sniping areas, but its still slow going.

Is this really how bad it is all the time? That's baaaad, I don't know how you guys can even play like that.

DICE testers play by gentleman's rules, so i guess they don't run around too much and recons score tons of long range headshots with lots of bonus points! or at least that's the only reason i could think of...

Woorloog

Banned
Finally got L85A2. Fucking Squad Death Match, gotta be the worst mode ever. Multi team works in Halo, not in Battlefield.
And now i need to "repair" an enemy vehicle. Nice challenge... made nigh impossible since people tend to abandon vehicle the moment it hits 49% health.
(Of course i also need to unlock Pancor Jackhammer... but i'll get it eventuanlly without trying).

Finally got L85A2. Fucking Squad Death Match, gotta be the worst mode ever. Multi team works in Halo, not in Battlefield.
And now i need to "repair" an enemy vehicle. Nice challenge... made nigh impossible since people tend to abandon vehicle the moment it hits 49% health.
(Of course i also need to unlock Pancor Jackhammer... but i'll get it eventuanlly without trying).

you can destroy enemy equipment with the repair tool for that too... so if you see an enemy mav, spawn beacon, tugs, soflam, etc, whip out your tool and go to work

TheSeks

You guys were playing (ugh) Conquest. So I went to play Ass Creed Brotherhood. I should be on later tonight... provided you're playing Rush. >_> <_< >_> Otherwise I've got about 8-7 more levels in Brotherhood before I hit the max cap and then can focus on BC1/BF3 specifically.

Woorloog

Banned
you can destroy enemy equipment with the repair tool for that too... so if you see an enemy mav, spawn beacon, tugs, soflam, etc, whip out your tool and go to work

o_O
You're kidding... you have to be... Are those really counted as vehicles? I know the mortar is but those others?
Thank you very much.

OG Kush

You guys were playing (ugh) Conquest. So I went to play Ass Creed Brotherhood. I should be on later tonight... provided you're playing Rush. >_> <_< >_> Otherwise I've got about 8-7 more levels in Brotherhood before I hit the max cap and then can focus on BC1/BF3 specifically.

people still playin BC1? how does it compare to BF3?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
people still playin BC1? how does it compare to BF3?

BC1 is a lot different.

Hmm... friendly fire is on by default. No killcam. Way more health... so a bit bullet-spongy. Different class loadouts. THE GREATEST FUCKING MAPS EVER. Spotty hit detection. Ammo crates scattered around the map! And tons of shit I forgot.

OG Kush

BC1 is a lot different.

Hmm... friendly fire is on by default. No killcam. Way more health... so a bit bullet-spongy. Different class loadouts. THE GREATEST FUCKING MAPS EVER. Spotty hit detection. Ammo crates scattered around the map! And tons of shit I forgot.

What keeps you to still keep playing even after BF3 is out? I have BC2, and I def prefer the health system in that, i feel you die too quickly in BF3.

TheSeks

Ugh. Metro. Even on defense it can get tiring. I love the map, but I hate how it plays out now a days.

Also the game just hardlocked my PS3 so I guess that's my "yep, that's it for me today" point. Sorry dan and faceless. >_>

Accuracy's dropped by .3%, need to get back on the horse and fight the stupid Killzone 2 lag. :/

TheSeks

What keeps you to still keep playing even after BF3 is out? I have BC2, and I def prefer the health system in that, i feel you die too quickly in BF3.

Then stick with BC2 because BC1 is a lot more rough around the edges. BC1 has randomized (I feel, probably not given you can self-heal on one class) damage where you can empty a clip into someone and their still standing.

No back-up pistols except on snipers/recon.

No killcam.

Friendly-fire is on by default.

FIVE FLAG CONQUEST WITH ALL FLAGS TAKEN YOU LOSE IF YOU ARE ON THE NO FLAGS TEAM IN TEN SECONDS UNLESS CAP A FLAG (ZOMG WTF, Seks I thought you hated Conquest?! Nope. I hate shitty variants of it!)

Rush maps take a little skill but can be cheesed (SMH).

DECONSTRUCTION. DECONSTRUCTION. DECONSTRUCTION. (<3 <3 <3)

Oh, and the 10K2 kills that prevent me from platinuming/1000gsing it right now. Only reason I'm half-playing it right now otherwise I'd pop it in randomly to play Deconstruction Rush now and then and then go back to BF3.

Ugh. Metro. Even on defense it can get tiring. I love the map, but I hate how it plays out now a days.

Also the game just hardlocked my PS3 so I guess that's my "yep, that's it for me today" point. Sorry dan and faceless. >_>

I swear this game has locked up my PS3 more than any to date…earlier today I tried joining a game with faceless. I get in after a few kills I go to change my class…oh, awesome game locked up. Reset…get to title screen, try to join faceless via XMB…game freezes AGAIN!

Overdoziz

Banned
Wouldn't it be nice if a server actually said if it was Conquest Assault or normal Conquest?
Yeah, that'd be nice. CA is like a boring version of normal Conquest. It uses a smaller map, less vehicles and less flags. You also have to play the same map twice in a row. Ugh, just let me play Conquest, DICE.

Wouldn't it be nice if a server actually said if it was Conquest Assault or normal Conquest?
Yeah, that'd be nice. CA is like a boring version of normal Conquest. It uses a smaller map, less vehicles and less flags. You also have to play the same map twice in a row. Ugh, just let me play Conquest, DICE.

there is no 'normal conquest' server.

all of the B2K maps except 4 flag Oman are assault, all of the vanilla maps are head-on.

i guess if you don't want to play assault, you could just play on a DICE Normal Server that doesn't have B2K maps in the rotation.

OG Kush

all of the B2K maps except 4 flag Oman are assault, all of the vanilla maps are head-on.

i guess if you don't want to play assault, you could just play on a DICE Normal Server that doesn't have B2K maps in the rotation.

What? that can't be true? can it..? can it?!

Overdoziz

Banned

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I've played normal Conquest on all the B2K maps except Wake Island.

Overdoziz

Banned
well, maybe if you were on the attacking side, you may have thought it was head-on conquest!
Maybe it was CA but there are definitely two versions of Sharqi, Oman and Karkand. Karkand has a 5 and 3-flag version. Oman has a 4-flag version without jets/helicopters etc. and one with all those vehicles (starts with both teams having 2 flags capped already). Sharqi has also has a 5 and 3-flag version.

9 our 10 times I play I get to play the smaller version of those maps and I have no idea if there's a way to filter them out. They're not infantry-only versions because there's still a small amount of vehicles on each of the maps. Also, I always filter on 'normal' settings, not infantry.

:/

TheSeks

Tracer Dart will never come.

But frankly, I'd be over the rainbow if Deconstruction got remade.

Woorloog

Banned
I hate sniper classes and sniper weapons in games. They do not add anything to the game, only that 1/4th of each team fights each other instead of doing something useful.
Seriously, how many snipers do real armies have anyway (per 1000 other troops)? Certainly not 1/4th.
And let's not even talk about Gulf of Oman. Half my team sits on the buildings at C... C is controlled by the enemy team. What does my team do? They keep sitting the buildings, sniping at... what? Usually A. Which is controlled by my team /facepalm. All the while we're losing... Winning should be give very high importance in games like these. How about halving the effective score the losing team players have?

Also, how do you shoot helis down effectively? Since Stinger/Igla nerf, they're nigh useless, helis regenerate too fast if you hit, as IR Flare has too short CD. Jets... well, if i get a jet, i certainly try to shoot down helis (who the fuck decided to give them AA missiles?) but first i have to shoot down other jets, if i even get to fly. Helis are fine, if IR flare were nerfed a tad. On consoles that is, IMO. Dunno about PC.
No Recon uses SOFLAM to paint targets for Javelins so they're no use either.

JJD

Sniper Rifles at conquest are really not that useful.

But don't underestimate the sniper class with PDW or shotguns. They're a good strategic class when played right. The only real disadvantage they have in relation to the other classes is that they don't get many points from their class specific gadgets.

On rush having a good sniper can be the difference between winning and losing (either CQC Sniper or bush wookie sniper). I remember a GAF game on BC2 were a sniper would kill anyone that managed to get close to a mcom. I don't remember exactly which map, but I sure as hell remember losing the game and having a huge deficit on my K/D and being angry as hell since I couldn't locate the guy with the killcam.

Most snipers are a bunch of smurfs, but every now and then you encounter a real one and usually things get nasty.

PS. It's more than a month since I last played, I must be rusty as hell. Hopefully I'll manage to get in a couple matches this week!

Woorloog

Banned
Sure, PDW Recons are useful at times... I use either SKS configured for short-medium range fighting or some PDW if i play as Recon. But since they lack means to damage vehicles, i usually stick with the other classes (Assault only when maps features only one tank/IFV per side or none) as they're far more effective at most things. Others lack spawn beacon... but others can spawn on you so that's not a big deal. So, Recons do not really add anything to the game, their equipment could be moved to others and remove the class entirely... no more people sitting around with sniper rifles shooting other Recons who have sniper rifles.
EDIT i play primarily Conquest.

OG Kush

I really wish they'd make sniping like how it was in BC2. as in 1 hot kill with bolt actions at close range. From what I read in the other thread they're going to patch that in, but I hope it same distance wise as BC2.

Woorloog

Banned
I really wish they'd make sniping like how it was in BC2. as in 1 hot kill with bolt actions at close range. From what I read in the other thread they're going to patch that in, but I hope it same distance wise as BC2.

They're going to buff snipers? Why? They're annoying as fuck already and far too many people play them doing nothing useful. Stronger sniper rifles won't change that for better.

senador

Banned
well, maybe if you were on the attacking side, you may have thought it was head-on conquest!

Maybe it was CA but there are definitely two versions of Sharqi, Oman and Karkand. Karkand has a 5 and 3-flag version. Oman has a 4-flag version without jets/helicopters etc. and one with all those vehicles (starts with both teams having 2 flags capped already). Sharqi has also has a 5 and 3-flag version.

9 our 10 times I play I get to play the smaller version of those maps and I have no idea if there's a way to filter them out. They're not infantry-only versions because there's still a small amount of vehicles on each of the maps. Also, I always filter on 'normal' settings, not infantry.

Overdoz1z is definitely right. When you get the bigger version it definitely says "Conquest" and not "Conquest Assault". It also has nothing to do with the sides, as the Conquest variant has all the flags neutral to start. This is the B2K maps.

Pretty sure you can't filter out the assault variant unfortunately. :(

Overdoziz

Banned
As a sniper I usually just stick to using the MAV. I spend an entire match hovering around a buddy of mine who was in a tank while giving him directions and spotting enemies and AT mines. Having an MAV around can be so useful if done right. It gives you an enormous advantage.

slyght

Neo Member
I'm searching for someone who would like to do the coop bullseye trophy on PS3. Tried a dozen of times with some friends but never got it, although I've watched a couple of youtube guides which explain how to do it. Headset should be mandatory, german appreciated but not necessarily. Send me an invite on PSN (you can find my id on my profile).

yeah, Oman 4 Flags is (Head-On) Conquest and all the other variants on console (Wake 3 flag, Sharqi 3 flag, Sharqi 5 flag, Oman 3 Flag, Karkand 3 flag, Karkand 5 flag) are Assault Conquest.

Overdoz1z is definitely right. When you get the bigger version it definitely says "Conquest" and not "Conquest Assault". It also has nothing to do with the sides, as the Conquest variant has all the flags neutral to start. This is the B2K maps.

Pretty sure you can't filter out the assault variant unfortunately. :(

see above.

I'm searching for someone who would like to do the coop bullseye trophy on PS3. Tried a dozen of times with some friends but never got it, although I've watched a couple of youtube guides which explain how to do it. Headset should be mandatory, german appreciated but not necessarily. Send me an invite on PSN (you can find my id on my profile).

when?

Top Bottom