• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Loss loss loss loss loss loss loss... only win was in TDM tonight.

Framerate difference is HUGE. I didn't think I was that sensitive to framerate locks (30 vs 60) but holy shit. And then the server lagging/literal two second kill/death freezes were hilarious.

Not the best welcome back gift, DICE.

Sorry to bail, Faceless but that lag death was annoying me. And sorry to bail Cal but I was getting pissed.

I'll be playing tomorrow so I'll have to force myself to eat shit and take numerous losses while readjusting to the idiosyncracies and lag of EA's servers. :/

TheSeks

Proxy Scan is limited to the mini-map, and while it's useful to see C4 sneakers, you shouldn't be letting them get close.

(Also the range seems short, at least to me)

Thermal > Proxy in my case.

olimpia84

Once you unlock Thermal is the only way to go. It's really easy to see enemies with it and helps a lot with enemy mines as well.

Calion

Huh? It's been ages since I played with you (mostly on BC2 waaay back) but you always seemed to be a pretty good player IMO!

Something happened that made you suck at BF? Because that's the only way I would have trouble believing you won a game! ;-)

Thanks man! The reason for that previous post is because 99/100 times (It seems like), no one can win on Op Metro Attack Rush. Especially the third set. It's too cramped, and the entire set is a killing box/choke point, making it frustrating. But yeah, if you're back to playing BF3, hit me up so we can play a few rounds.

Loss loss loss loss loss loss loss... only win was in TDM tonight.

Framerate difference is HUGE. I didn't think I was that sensitive to framerate locks (30 vs 60) but holy shit. And then the server lagging/literal two second kill/death freezes were hilarious.

Not the best welcome back gift, DICE.

Sorry to bail, Faceless but that lag death was annoying me. And sorry to bail Cal but I was getting pissed.

I'll be playing tomorrow so I'll have to force myself to eat shit and take numerous losses while readjusting to the idiosyncracies and lag of EA's servers. :/

Yeah, we we're getting beat pretty badly. Wasn't the prettiest of games. My only highlight was you and faceless taking the MAV behind the second set on Grand Bazaar, and waiting for the helpless enemies to pour in. Good stuff.

slyght

Neo Member
I'm searching for someone who would like to do the coop bullseye trophy on PS3. Tried a dozen of times with some friends but never got it, although I've watched a couple of youtube guides which explain how to do it. Headset should be mandatory, german appreciated but not necessarily. Send me an invite on PSN (you can find my id on my profile).

Anyone interested in trying it now? Drop me a message in case you are...

Overdoziz

Banned
Thanks man! The reason for that previous post is because 99/100 times (It seems like), no one can win on Op Metro Attack Rush. Especially the third set. It's too cramped, and the entire set is a killing box/choke point, making it frustrating.
This is the reason why I dislike Rush in BF3. There are so many chokepoints on most maps. It just becomes a meatgrinder which can be very frustrating. It becomes even worse on maps where M-COMs are positioned right next to each other even though there's enough room to place it a bit further (*cough* Damavand Peak *cough*).

olimpia84

The key on that 3rd set in Op Metro is to get there as fast as you can after blowing up the second set of mcoms without letting the enemy set themselves up. I hate it when you blow up the second set and people stay around looking for any possible enemies in the area...

TheSeks

The key on that 3rd set in Op Metro is to get there as fast as you can after blowing up the second set of mcoms without letting the enemy set themselves up. I hate it when you blow up the second set and people stay around looking for any possible enemies in the area...

Problem is you can't do that. Since the enemy can set up for the minute it takes for move up to happen. This isn't BC1 where you can move up to the new set AS SOON AS THE LAST CRATE BLOWS.

Add that to the two-three choke points and if they have two-three MAV's in the set-up to show those chokepoints, you're fucked. The third set of Metro is terrible. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it is one my most hated sets to attempt to take. The second is a pure nightmare as well because you have three holes to enter the tunnel in and you can't get in if the enemy knows that and holds them with their life. If you do get that far you then have to struggle to get close to the crates with 5 "lanes" and the third/middle lane being covered with shotguns or claymores or rockets. In addition to the fifth (counting from the left on attackers view) being the main way to B... which is covered in general by the enemy.

Once you get out of the tunnels it becomes tough but doable with the open air B and tight A.

In any case, I'll be on in ~an hour. I just got done with the CoD8 Survival mode, which leaves the stupid hard Co-op non-Survival missions and then I can do the single player and come back. But I can do the missions in pieces, so that's good.

I need to let my mind rest before I come to 30FPS. heh.

Calion

In any case, I'll be on in ~an hour. I just got done with the CoD8 Survival mode, which leaves the stupid hard Co-op non-Survival missions and then I can do the single player and come back. But I can do the missions in pieces, so that's good.

I need to let my mind rest before I come to 30FPS. heh.

Good. I'll be on in about 2 hours or so.

TheSeks

Good. I'll be on in about 2 hours or so.

Yeah, well Faceless left so I went to Ass Creed. Don't hate, the Revelations revamp (ZOMG ATTEMPTING TO STUN IS ACTUALLY USEFUL SINCE THEY LESSEN POINTS FOR CATCHING THE DUDE EVEN THOUGH YOU DIE. THANK GOD UBISOFT!</caps actually makes it a worthwhile experience. Brotherhood was prologue. Revelations is the future of Hide and Go Stab.

Seanspeed

Banned
Had one of my better nights. On the last match, as usual, my team just ran off once capturing a spot, leaving it completely undefended, so any single wanderer could come and take it over, but I decided to stay back and defend. I held off infantry and tanks all by myself to keep 'B' in what was a very close match. I've no doubt that we would have lost if not for me.

/brag

TheSeks

That last round...

"Hey, we should totally hole up here in the third floor. Seks won't notice us flying up here to get a spawn point and try to take B after sandbagging because we lost last round in a start-LAV-to-last-point Rush Whos-your-daddy lighting round"

Me:
Int8V.png

*U Suck Ass Skank-12 + Frag Rounds, later replaced with DAO-12 + Frag*

Could hear their demesne quickening because of it.

Lakitu

st5fu
FFS still getting the Gulf of Oman black screen when I try to load up Rush. I redownloaded the DLC, yet it's still not working and it seems to be affecting others as well. Rectify this shit EA.

Anyway... 3404 carbine kills and 4348 kills overall. I love my A-91 and my EOD Bots, if I'm defending on Rush, I'll always keep an EOD Bot around one of the M-Com stations. When I hear it being under attack, I'll just use it to disarm it. Feels good, man.

TheSeks

once again, Metro Attack ruins a near flawless night!

I nearly had it! I RUSHED! I RUSHED! I went up to B, no one was around. "I'll arm it then!" B HAS BEEN ARMED!

(Blam blam blam)

"Well, surely everyone is rushing toward B and will help me take it since it's the hardest one to take on this se--"

NOPE.avi

After that we were completely locked down on that one. I think we took A because I remember you and JJD were over there smoking but because Smoke obstructs my view in addition to the enemy I couldn't see shit and continued to take bullets while trying to smoke up.

TheSeks

People are so completely pressed today. Ragequits a plenty.

is it just me or are the rockets vs people totally fucked up in this game?

its like splash damage only exists "some of the time", i swear I hit like 1/2 a foot away from somebody and they take 6% damage. or its like infantry has 90% resistance or something

CatPee

is it just me or are the rockets vs people totally fucked up in this game?

its like splash damage only exists "some of the time", i swear I hit like 1/2 a foot away from somebody and they take 6% damage. or its like infantry has 90% resistance or something

Explosive projectile weapons also have a damage limiter if they explode at a short range after being fired to prevent the spamming as seen in BC2.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
How can I plat with you guys ? Is there a tinychat set or do you have fixed hours to play ?

I've been wondering this too. I was hoping joining the 360 platoon made some magic happen with the in-game battle feed that would allow me to find and join others in my platoon. That would be TOO convenient, I suppose.

Side note, the platoons average 402 score/min intimidates my feeble 206 lol

Az987

all good things
I just joined the platoon too so I'll play with you guys if you want. I'm on a lot and going to go play right now for a bit.

My gamertag is Az986, send me a friend request.

JJD

I've been wondering this too. I was hoping joining the 360 platoon made some magic happen with the in-game battle feed that would allow me to find and join others in my platoon. That would be TOO convenient, I suppose.

Side note, the platoons average 402 score/min intimidates my feeble 206 lol

Don't worry about your stats pal, I'm pretty much sure they're screwed somehow at least when it comes to the average platoon stats!

Just add some people, play the objectives and have fun!

I would add you, but I'm on the PS3, sorry!

red731

I started playing again. I don't even know why I haven't played for like month or two.

If anyone wants to play today, give me a shout. Back home from work at around 1620CETps3

WoodWERD

This thread fell to page 3...for shame. I got my first hate mails last night, felt good man™. Apparently I need to 'go back to COD with the rest of the noob tubers' haha. I've been playing around with the assault + underslung 320 for awhile, and I've become a master at hitting dudes in the face with frags from long distance. So good! Now I don't feel so exposed running medic, and I don't really miss the ability to heal.

If any of you 360 guys need a squad to team up with, me and 2 buddies are on just about every weeknight (CST) and could use a 4th. Shoot me a pm unless this is your first FPS ;)

redhot_

This thread fell to page 3...for shame. I got my first hate mails last night, felt good man™. Apparently I need to 'go back to COD with the rest of the noob tubers' haha. I've been playing around with the assault + underslung 320 for awhile, and I've become a master at hitting dudes in the face with frags from long distance. So good! Now I don't feel so exposed running medic, and I don't really miss the ability to heal.

If any of you 360 guys need a squad to team up with, me and 2 buddies are on just about every weeknight (CST) and could use a 4th. Shoot me a pm unless this is your first FPS ;)

I got to start taking screen shots of the hate mail i get on this game. Probably one of the few things keeping me playing.

example 1... killed a 32 year old(calling someone a dumb kid always seems to hit a nerve) Tehran highway glitcher half a dozen times with my MAV, and i'm a "scrub bitch that fails at life" It's always the older generation that seems to feel the need to spam me with mail.

Scrubs in dream's book:
1)People who uses USAS-frags all the time, even on non-choke point based maps.
"really, you have no other choice in guns?"

2)People who waste the MAV on killing in objective based game modes.
"hey moron, you mind spotting those clump of enemies heading into our objectives?"
+1 scrub points if they're on a losing team already.
+2 scrub points if the actual player is right next to a losing objective.
+20 "Sorry, I never knew MAV can be used to manually spot stuff."

3)People who chases an enemy across half the map only to knife them
"Just use your gun and kill them already!!!"
+1 if they are killed by someone else during the chase.
+2 if they are killed by the person who they're chasing (ex: target turned around.)
+3 if they failed to knife the person and then proceeded to get killed by their target.
+20 if the chase is heading toward the opposite direction of the objectives.

redhot_

Scrubs in dream's book:
1)People who uses USAS-frags all the time, even on non-choke point based maps.
"really, you have no other choice in guns?"

2)People who waste the MAV on killing in objective based game modes.
"hey moron, you mind spotting those clump of enemies heading into our objectives?"
+1 scrub points if they're on a losing team already.
+2 scrub points if the actual player is right next to a losing objective.
+20 "Sorry, I never knew MAV can be used to manually spot stuff."

3)People who chases an enemy across half the map only to knife them
"Just use your gun and kill them already!!!"
+1 if they are killed by someone else during the chase.
+2 if they are killed by the person who they're chasing (ex: target turned around.)
+3 if they failed to knife the person and then proceeded to get killed by their target.
+20 if the chase is heading toward the opposite direction of the objectives.

May I add..

4) Jet pilots that spawn camp the enemy teams jets/Choppers.
"Why you no want to dog fight?! you scared bro?"

5) Use an in-game exploit and still think your "beasting"
"smh"
GlitchBro - "Hey, if its in the game, its legit"

Blue

Banned
blue reporting in. when you spot the squad leader and get a star and the spot...what do you shoot at? I rock a suppressor for the majority of my weapons and shooting a spotted squad leader from a far requires precision!

redhot_

Why wouldn't someone do that? If your team gets in the position of being spawncamped you've obviously done something wrong.

Sorry, not fun for me personally. Kinda like a been there done that.. i want to play the game, and i enjoy a good dog fight in the air.

Blue

Banned
a little left of the star

serious?

I was checking my battlelog account and noticed how things are screwed up. It says I have zero A-10 kills and some uasa-12 kills..I've never even shot the usas. For some reason the m4a1 won't save for my engineer kit and always starts with the aks-74. I've played 90 hours and got 6 service stars for the ump and scar which felt like I got during the first 30 hours. since then I haven't received anything above 2 stars. I have 3 for the 870mcs which had to be earned a while ago (I haven't touched it in weeks).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that my stats aren't being saved. Anyone else have this problem?

olimpia84

blue reporting in. when you spot the squad leader and get a star and the spot...what do you shoot at? I rock a suppressor for the majority of my weapons and shooting a spotted squad leader from a far requires precision!

Are you Blue089?

Jburton

Banned
Have been away from BF3 for about a month and a half and I am sure this has been said to death already but .....

........ fuck the frag rounds and anyone that uses them, totally unbalances the game ... especially in the more enclosed levels.

Fix that shit DICE, and slap whoever thought that idea up.

Secondly, fuck the idiots who spend the entire game hiding at the back solely using the bloody UAV trying to run people over!

Another stupid fucking decision DICE.

Love the game but these two points alone spoil the game for me, I came to BF3 to get away from cheap shit like this ..... the frag rounds are COD level stupid.

sorry guys, end of rant.

Top Bottom