• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I haven't been in the mood for bf3 lately and BC2 isn't fun without out a good squad/team. Since EA gave away free 1943 copies to PS3-BF3 players, I figured there would be more players online.

Been hoping onto that and playing myself some good old classic conquest.
5 flag deliciousness

Just goes to show that dropping two flags on Wake furthers my point that Conquest in BF3 is shit and people should go back to Rush.

Beasted 87-17 on Metro. My clanmember/squadmember and I practically won that match for us. I always question the actions of my teammates. The stupidity levels are so intense I want to

images

to every teammember and slap them.

TheSeks

Laugh all you want but shitty 3 flag is boring as shit. DICE's excuse that "not enough people were around the flags in 1943" is bullshit and they know it.

Getting people to move instead of "DERP ALL THE FLAGS ARE TAKEN CAMP THEIR BASE"/"TWO FLAGS TAKEN HOLD THEM!" is better than those.

Overdoziz

Banned
Laugh all you want but shitty 3 flag is boring as shit. DICE's excuse that "not enough people were around the flags in 1943" is bullshit and they know it.

Getting people to move instead of "DERP ALL THE FLAGS ARE TAKEN CAMP THEIR BASE"/"TWO FLAGS TAKEN HOLD THEM!" is better than those.
Laugh all you want but the M-COM positions in BF3 are retarded as shit. I was a big for of the gametype in BC2 but the bottlenecks in BF3 ruin Rush for me. Trying to arm the B M-COM in the first phase of Seine Crossing is impossible if you don't do it right at the start. Even that can be very difficult against competent players.
Stuff like that ruins it for me.

Actually DICE said nothing of the sort. Gustav Halling pointed out that Wake Island was redesigned (and made considerably smaller) for BF1943 to suit 24 players. Wake Island in BF3 is a proper remake of the original 1942 map so it's much larger than the BF1943 version. He pointed out that when they tested 5 flags and 24 players on the full size version, it sucked, so they went to 3 flags.

I have it for both 360 and PS3, though I play the PS3 version more. I've logged in 825 hrs on PS3 and about 20 on 360.

Feel free to add me on XBL if you'd like. I don't have it on PS3 :/
GT: OdysseusVA

Actually DICE said nothing of the sort. Gustav Halling pointed out that Wake Island was redesigned (and made considerably smaller) for BF1943 to suit 24 players. Wake Island in BF3 is a proper remake of the original 1942 map so it's much larger than the BF1943 version. He pointed out that when they tested 5 flags and 24 players on the full size version, it sucked, so they went to 3 flags.

Yeah, he stated it turned out to be 1v1 at flags when they tested 5 flag Wake. Though I feel that could have been fixed with a carrier for the RU base and some other changes

- Two jets on each side and removing attack helicopters

or

- One jet and little bird/z11 on each side

With one jet for whichever team captures the airbase. Dropping the attack helicopters may rub some the wrong way, but in my opinion would have turned out better than what we ended up with.

and yet they have bigger maps with more playable area.

the problem here is you take him at his word despite all the evidence of DICE's testing of BF3 being laughable.

it probably seemed too big under gentleman's rules...

Calibur

Did anyone else get an email from EA saying 'You're needed back in the field! Re-join with the multiplayer!' ?

Are EA monitoring how much I play there game? :/

and yet they have bigger maps with more playable area.

the problem here is you take him at his word despite all the evidence of DICE's testing of BF3 being laughable.

it probably seemed too big under gentleman's rules...
Haha, I never said I believed him faceless! I was just straightening out the facts ;)

Having said that, BF1943's Wake was perfect for 24 players, so it doesn't take a giant leap of faith to think that increasing the size of the map considerably would negatively affect its playability.

olimpia84

It doesn't matter how many flags they put in Wake Island, the first thing they need to add are docks with boats on A and C so you can freely go from one to another instead of doing the whole circle through B

Woorloog

Banned
Oh man, the C-RAM on the carrier on Kharg Island (Rush)... I spent the whole round in it, killing the poor fools on the beach (we still lost). Went 25/0. Even got a headshot, 451 meters. And the next round, the other team had realized how good the turret was and used it against us...
The AA turrets need to be tweaked i think. Killing aircraft with them is too difficult, they're far more effective as anti-ground emplacements.

HildyB

So, is Squad deathmatch something I could just pickup or do you need to queue with a squad? I'm the only one of my friends still actively playing. I was hoping for a PUG.. any one think its worthwhile?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So, is Squad deathmatch something I could just pickup or do you need to queue with a squad? I'm the only one of my friends still actively playing. I was hoping for a PUG.. any one think its worthwhile?

Pugging works if you're lucky, other times it's rage inducing. :)

you want to roll with a squad of friends, at least 1 of the squads in almost every SDM games is going to be a squad of friends playing together, and they're probably going to win.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game just didn't have the staying power of BC2. They tried to add too much shit and most of it was just really bad. And the maps suck dick.

This game just didn't have the staying power of BC2. They tried to add too much shit and most of it was just really bad. And the maps suck dick.
i dunno about that... while some of the people who played BC2 may not be around much... or ever... there's lots of new blood!

what really changed is most people switched to SQ because Rush is hard now.

JJD

i dunno about that... while some of the people who played BC2 may not be around much... or ever... there's lots of new blood!

what really changed is most people switched to SQ because Rush is hard now.

I don't think it's fair to say that people changed to Conquest because Rush is hard. I'll play whatever mode I find friends playing. Olimpia always preferred Conquest, and he is by far the easiest one to find playing the game.

Rush isn't hard, it's stupid now. So many bad decisions in the infantry maps reward bad players and teams. When gaf plays together we usually win most Rush games, with the exception being Metro and Bazaar sometimes.

Still, I always enjoy playing with gaffers, regardless of the game mode or if we win or lose.

TheSeks

what really changed is most people switched to CQ because Rush is hard now.

And that's why I stopped playing. Since you're always with them instead of playing with me.

The input lag and stupid decisions with shit like the flashlight is what made me go away. Maybe the patch will bring me back, but too much bullshit that needs to be fixed for me to enjoy the game. I actually like what they've done to Rush. I just hate how the high-level play plays out (LOL SPAM THE USAS OR FLASHLIGHT TO ANNOY THE ENEMY INTO LOSING) now a days.

I don't think it's fair to say that people changed to Conquest because Rush is hard. I'll play whatever mode I find friends playing. Olimpia always preferred Conquest, and he is by far the easiest one to find playing the game.

No one joins me when I'm playing 1943 or BC2 all alone

*sniff*

And that's why I stopped playing. Since you're always with them instead of playing with me.

The input lag and stupid decisions with shit like the flashlight is what made me go away. Maybe the patch will bring me back, but too much bullshit that needs to be fixed for me to enjoy the game. I actually like what they've done to Rush. I just hate how the high-level play plays out (LOL SPAM THE USAS OR FLASHLIGHT TO ANNOY THE ENEMY INTO LOSING) now a days.
flashlight usage seems to be down a lot, it's mostly recons with sidearms nowadays... everyone wants to run that extra mag on USAS and foregrip on FAMAS

No one joins me when I'm playing 1943 or BC2 all alone

*sniff*

play Vietnam and i'll join.

TheSeks

play Vietnam and i'll join.

Is anyone playing Vietnam though?

Also BC1 is up and down with 12 players/24 player full games for me at times. Some days I get 6 players, other days I get 24 which is more than the 18 players I had two years ago. Crazy.

olimpia84

Nice way to set up even teams DICE. Down three players for the most part and we still almost managed to win...I want that Bazaar game back.
And faceless, next time we have shitty teammates like tonight please help me cap the flags sooner in the game that way I don't die of a nervous breakdown >.>

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
Yeah I felt kinda bad about leaving faceless on the ground on kharg island. I was in a jet fighting off 2 jets and a chopper and before I knew it the game was over lol.

Mikey Jr.

If Conquest on the console versions fun?

I have only played Rush mode because it seems like 24 players is just too fucking small for Conquest.

This is coming from someone who always played BF2 and 1942 on conquest with atleast 64 players.

OG Kush

The problem with BF3 is that it's clearly designed for PC, whereas BC2 was designed for consoles. this is great for PC players, but then plz don't release broken games on consoles. there just seems to be a lack of focus in the game. Seems like another 6 months of development time would've helped a lot.
Conquest is much better iN BC2 where the maps are actually designed for 24 players.

Woorloog

Banned

I have only played Rush mode because it seems like 24 players is just too fucking small for Conquest.

This is coming from someone who always played BF2 and 1942 on conquest with atleast 64 players.

Conquest is just fine with 24 IMO. But then i don't particularly like Rush in BF3 so it's not like i have a lot of choice (TDM is not Battlefield, Squad Rush/DM are not Battlefield).
Of course this depends on map too, some linear maps are not good for Conquest regardless of the player amount (Operation Metro, though it is fun in different way, namely seeing if you can break through the defense line at B). Caspian Border doesn't work with 24 players really. Noshar Canals works fine. IMO of course.

We need a map that has many tanks (3-4 per team) and IFVs (2-3 per team) and no jets nor helis...

TheSeks

Conquest with 24 players is fine, but my issue is there is too few flags to where there is no constant push. Any team that gets 2 of the 3 flags in Conquest can them split their team up and roll the other team to an easy win. Whereas in 1943 or BC1 the more flags you take (or take them all!) in 5+ flag Conquest means a faster bleed but also you can't protect them all. So it's a constant pushing unless the other team sucks to where you can't cap all flags easy.

It's why I hate BC2/BF3's Conquest modes: Because it's boring in comparison to Rush's constant pushing forward and BC1/1943's conquest mode.

paskowitz

Conquest with 24 players is fine, but my issue is there is too few flags to where there is no constant push. Any team that gets 2 of the 3 flags in Conquest can them split their team up and roll the other team to an easy win. Whereas in 1943 or BC1 the more flags you take (or take them all!) in 5+ flag Conquest means a faster bleed but also you can't protect them all. So it's a constant pushing unless the other team sucks to where you can't cap all flags easy.

It's why I hate BC2/BF3's Conquest modes: Because it's boring in comparison to Rush's constant pushing forward and BC1/1943's conquest mode.

I guess they could have a different mode of conquest with larger maps and maybe slower cap times. Would be fun on maps like Caspian Border.

So the Tunguska has now become a complete rape machine?

Got nailed constantly on the attacking team, by it and couldn't even cross the water. On the next round, I decided to try the same. Not even used it before.

Ended up doing 25 kills, and took out 5 or 6 vehicles in 1 round.

Dakar

Banned

I see what you're saying, but I feel like a lot of the games on maps like Kharg, Caspian, and even Firestorm, I'll spend entire games just rushing around in a tank (alone, of course) constantly capturing and recapturing points with nary an encounter because half of each team is either in the air or camping vehicle spawns.

How many people would be interested in this for the week?
3/1/2012 - Thursday - BF1943 Game Night.
3/2/2012 - Friday - BC2 Rush Night
3/3/2012 - Saturday - BC2 Conquest Night.

edit: PS3

Drewsky

I haven't played for a long ass time, but picked it back up in the last couple days. Still feels like they haven't fixed the PS3 input lag. Am I right on that or is it in my head?

PedYup

Due to work constraints I can only play late nights on weekends so I´m onboard for BC2 Rush and BC2 Conquest. Playing again on a full GAF team would be awesome!

Due to work constraints I can only play late nights on weekends so I´m onboard for BC2 Rush and BC2 Conquest. Playing again on a full GAF team would be awesome!

I would be happy if we can even get 6 people.

Last I recall, a couple of people sold off their copies of bc2 right before the launch of bf3.

OG Kush

I think 4 flags is perfect for 24 players. 5 flags on only certain maps. Its just stupid that dice uses the same map for 24 and 32 players. It'd be better if they just make some console specific and for the love of GOD please stop trying to make maps that work both in conquest AND rush! Design maps specifically for each gametype.

BoatAck

I'd be down. Though I'm not so well versed in BC2, most of the little time I spent was in Vietnam.

olimpia84

This round was one for the books; the last time I looked at the tickets it was 16 vs 3 on favor of the other team. I can't believe we managed to win.

A Canals game followed and I took four choppers down with point blank cannon shots :p

I would be happy if we can even get 6 people.

Last I recall, a couple of people sold off their copies of bc2 right before the launch of bf3.

I can do Rush/Conquest. Probably the Conquest meetup fits my schedule better. Anyways, I'll just keep looking at my FL and see if you guys are playing and then hop in.

Top Bottom