• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Raide

1. Overall the game is fantastic even on console but the game is getting a MUCH needed mega patch soonish.

2. Patch will help with the balance. I would say try to start up with a group of friends to avoid rage.

3. DLC is worth it.. maps are great.

4. Not possible it seems. Bandwidth on consoles is a limitation by MS and Sony and I believe that is the driving force behind the 24 level cap. But honestly.. only on the massive levels do I sometimes notice the sense of being alone.

5. Community is packed 24/7 on all 3 platforms. Game is super popular.

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like things are going well. I look forward to joining the 360 community in April at some point. I mainly play the BC style Support class, so throwing medi-packs and zapping people is my favored playstyle. Mixed with some Engineer fun if I need to blow things up. :D

Any news on the next set of maps yet?

@#$@#%#$^
PSN maintenance postponed

Could have gotten perfectly fine 1943 rounds in...geez...

• Dreamgazer
  • Botack(?)
BF1943 canceled due to PSN NOT-downage.

3/2/2012 - Friday - BC2 Rush Night
  • Dreamgazer
  • Rockscar
  • Botack
  • Olimpia
  • Nostyle
  • CatPee/MintFresh
  • Faceless360
  • Evolved1
  • JJD

3/3/2012 - Saturday - BC2 Conquest Night.
  • Dreamgazer
  • Rockscar
  • Botack
  • Olimpia
  • Nostyle
  • CatPee/MintFresh
  • Faceless360
  • Evolved1
  • JJD

START AT 8:30 PM EST - WHENEVER

Strife91

@#$@#%#$^
PSN maintenance postponed

Could have gotten perfectly fine 1943 rounds in...geez...

• Dreamgazer
  • Botack(?)
BF1943 canceled due to PSN NOT-downage.

3/2/2012 - Friday - BC2 Rush Night
  • Dreamgazer
  • Rockscar
  • Botack
  • Olimpia
  • Nostyle
  • CatPee/MintFresh
  • Faceless360
  • Evolved1
  • JJD

3/3/2012 - Saturday - BC2 Conquest Night.
  • Dreamgazer
  • Rockscar
  • Botack
  • Olimpia
  • Nostyle
  • CatPee/MintFresh
  • Faceless360
  • Evolved1
  • JJD

START AT 8:30 PM EST - WHENEVER

Sign me up for some BC2!

EDIT: Forget about it. 8:30 PM EST is like 2:30 AM here in Sweden. <<

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BC2's damage in retrospect is hilarious. It's either that or the EA servers have gotten worse despite two years.

Meanwhile:
VFNcQ.jpg

Ragequits a go go with C4. SEE, THIS IS WHY BF3'S RUSH IS BETTER DREAM. I CAN'T TROLL THE ENEMY INTO SUBMISSION. :p

Going back to Arica, though... I miss that map. Needs to be ported to BF3 (though rebalanced) after the balancing of BF3. >_>

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I got a freeze :(

Calling it a night... That was fun though!

TheSeks

Atacama Desert

lol

What were you doing when I was in the gunners seat? You kept swooping and locking me and I'm like "FFS, Faceless."

As soon as Rock gets in, you stabilize. WTF?

Also you and dream missed a hilarious overwhelming round that Olimpia and Rock and I had to do. I just left it in pure disgust because it was us winning and then all of a sudden like 6 more of them (for 10) and 4 of us with Kurisub joining.

And you can probably guess what happened with uneven teams with 4 new level 50s joining. Yeah... we got swarmed and us three couldn't pull anything out.

Rock: I fly braindead. Sorry I kept eating rockets. But DICE's boneheaded decision to change default controls and physics for the helicopters EVERY game so far has pretty much put in the fetal position and just trying to keep the damn thing in the air. :/

Edit: Also that Atacama Defense round one of them was coming on the ATV. Dream, IIRC, was firing on him along with a few of you.

I scope in.

TheSeks <MYBFFGOL Sniper Magnum> DumbassOnATV

Felt badass seeing him ragdoll off that ATV and it speeding away. That's when I went "NOPE, MINE" and Rock joined when I was going to put it in the back and camp it so they couldn't have it but he ran it off somewhere. :/

olimpia84

Felt good to be back to BC2 although it was the usual GAF steamroll and the usual emptying servers ritual with perhaps that last game where there was only 4 of us against 10 people. The aiming physics felt so much better...I wish they didn't adjust them in BF3.

Felt good to be back to BC2 although it was the usual GAF steamroll and the usual emptying servers ritual with perhaps that last game where there was only 4 of us against 10 people. The aiming physics felt so much better...I wish they didn't adjust them in BF3.

when I first got back on I was like "omg did my sensitivity got bumped up or something?"
Took me a couple of minutes to get back to normal (a.k.a stop anticipating for bf3 lag)

What I missed about the game:
  • Ending Cinematic of victory/defeat.
  • Air vehicles that actually mattered
  • NO SHINY-GRAY FILTERS
  • AT mines.
  • No pausing of the timer during a disarm (i prefer the tension.)
  • Full Destruction
  • Jungles
  • Throwing C4s
  • Arica

What I don't miss about the game:
  • Damageable m-com
  • UAV (oddly...)

Seks: What happened was I had to readjust to the BC2 flight physics so I was flying not-so-good. I'm sure rock and boatack had a hard time gunning for me too. I had issues with the Havoc and Hind but strangely, I was able to fly the Blackhawk pretty well.

JJD

You're going to play BC2 again tomorrow guys? I searched for my copy like a madman yesterday but I didn't find it...

Then I remembered that I had lent it to my little cousin. If you guys are going to play again I'll get it from him even if I have to break in his house! :)

You're going to play BC2 again tomorrow guys? I searched for my copy like a madman yesterday but I didn't find it...

Then I remembered that I had lent it to my little cousin. If you guys are going to play again I'll get it from him even if I have to break in his house! :)

Tomorrow will be Conquest night

then hopefully 1943 and BC2 vietnam next week

TheSeks

[*]AT mines.

Patch coming is supposed to fix that.
And make Claymores the new NO1CURRS

[*]No pausing of the timer during a disarm (i prefer the tension.)

I like the timer/round being "paused" when someone arms with 0 tickets left. It has given me a bunch of "FUCK YOU!" moments from me being the one to arm it and then everyone somehow light-bulb clicks and holds it so moral demoralizing.

[*]Full Destruction

Still there, but "nerfed" because--

[*]Jungles

NOPE.AVI I hate the jungles with SPECACT. Makes it hard as hell for me to see things at times.

[*]Throwing C4s

Yes. I had this moment tossing C4 off a roof at the back of Oasis in BC1 today and I went "man, BF3 wouldn't have let me do that because the C4 drops like a piano. :("

It, Cold War, Port Valadez, Deconstruction, Harvest Day (with BC1 set-up, because fuck the BC2 set-up that fucks with my memory). Yes plz, but first fix the goddamn game (WHERES MY INPUT LAG FIX, WHERE IS MY FLASHLIGHT NERF? WHERE IS MY FRAG ROUND NERF!?) before this.

• Damageable m-com

• --Of this. Along with the buildings being collapsed on them. But we've been down this road before you and I and you know I feel about the "damage nerf," because as you saw today it's extremely easy to make the rounds be decided in minutes with just destroying trees and light cover to where no one can get near the crate (and thus have to resort to cheesing it)

[*]UAV (oddly...)

I actually took one or two out today, can't say the same for the MAV and it's BZZ BZZ BZZ flying around and hard to hit self. I wouldn't mind them changing the MAV into the UAV helicopter mini-thing, but I know DICE can't do that.

and remove MAV elevators, but given those are the only "alt routes" at times on the BF3 Rush maps... :/

TheSeks

lol @ all 3 enemy boats trying to chese A on laguna presa

Standout moment for me that round was me "gardening" the jungle foilage, take two people out (couldn't get my head around the no input lag AND damage rate being more than BF3/felt like BC1 bullet sponge at times) with the G3. Take a few out at their invincible spawn since they were sniping while they were attempting to cheese. Rock and like three or four of you join me over there. I'm all "WTF, where the hell did you guys come from!?"

Seks: What happened was I had to readjust to the BC2 flight physics so I was flying not-so-good. I'm sure rock and boatack had a hard time gunning for me too. I had issues with the Havoc and Hind but strangely, I was able to fly the Blackhawk pretty well.

It's fine. I figured it was that, but seeing you suddenly stabilize I was all ":|".

--Of this. Along with the buildings being collapsed on them. But we've been down this road before you and I and you know I feel about the "damage nerf," because as you saw today it's extremely easy to make the rounds be decided in minutes with just destroying trees and light cover to where no one can get near the crate (and thus have to resort to cheesing it)

I actually took one or two out today, can't say the same for the MAV and it's BZZ BZZ BZZ flying around and hard to hit self. I wouldn't mind them changing the MAV into the UAV helicopter mini-thing, but I know DICE can't do that.

and remove MAV elevators, but given those are the only "alt routes" at times on the BF3 Rush maps... :/

I still think full destruction without the m-com damage is fine (collapsible m-com fine by me also.) We've had that argument already, so let's not start it again lol. Sure, tactics like chopping down trees may feel overpowered, but I rather lose to human tactics than freaking metro choke points.

As for the UAV, I don't miss it because it takes me away from the battlefield. I still lovely the lovely little thing and all the time it helped me through victory. However, it's very pointless when the competition is weak. Also because hardly anyone uses mounted weapon in bf3.

Ending Cinematic of victory/defeat.

OMG, I FORGOT TO DO CAMEOS!!! it's been so long...

Air vehicles that actually mattered

hey now, air vehicles matter in BF3, especially in Rush. that frogfoot or a10 can wreak havoc on the opposing team in Kharg/Firestorm/Caspian

NO SHINY-GRAY FILTERS

or crazy lens flare

AT mines.

my main issue with BF3 is it takes THREE to destory a tank. wtf DICE?

No pausing of the timer during a disarm (i prefer the tension.)

i prefer the tension of it prolonging. there's no tension when you hear the siren sound change and turn tail and start moving on because you know even if they get there (or even if you get there) it's too late.

Full Destruction

well, if we got to play Nelson Bay, you'd be reminded of how bad that can really be. i mean, even on the maps we did play, lol @ other team. Cold War was deforested, Valdez too. Presa was pretty clear also.

and SNOOOOOOOW!!!

Throwing C4s

and throwing AT Mines, Ammo, Health...

Atacama!

Damageable m-com
UAV (oddly...)
i totally miss damageable m-coms :(
but not the UAV lol.

Standout moment for me that round was me "gardening" the jungle foilage, take two people out (couldn't get my head around the no input lag AND damage rate being more than BF3/felt like BC1 bullet sponge at times) with the G3. Take a few out at their invincible spawn since they were sniping while they were attempting to cheese. Rock and like three or four of you join me over there. I'm all "WTF, where the hell did you guys come from!?"

my favorite moment was introducing those boats to sir carl.

TheSeks

I still think full destruction without the m-com damage is fine (collapsible m-com fine by me also.) We've had that argument already, so let's not start it again lol. Sure, tactics like chopping down trees may feel overpowered, but I rather lose to human tactics than freaking metro choke points.

With "full destruction" Metro would be even worse. Imagine all the walls for the doors and tunnels being completely blown off. The defenders would then be able to see all the way down the tunnel second set. It would be terrible.

I do miss the "full destruction" and alt routes on some of the maps and feel DICE dropped the ball on allowing alt routes/"out of bounds antics" that Faceless and I did in BC2 (for instance, Seine first-set could out-of-bounds-antics to the full back if the timer was slightly longer or there was a window or something to break to quickly get in bounds with 2-3 seconds left on the clock. But there isn't, so you can only go up the first tunnel, which... isn't good) but something had to give. I think a good compromise would be more destruction around the map butttttt there is indestructible cover in a few places (and around the crates) to allow the attackers a chance to push.

Like I've said before: Something had to give to where attackers (AND defenders) weren't lopsided when the other team abused the destruction.

As for the UAV, I don't miss it because it takes me away from the battlefield. I still lovely the lovely little thing and all the time it helped me through victory. However, it's very pointless when the competition is weak. Also because hardly anyone uses mounted weapon in bf3.

There's a weapon in BF3's? The only "weapon" is the EMP attack... which doesn't kill infantry and given the inertia that the MAV suffers from (and input lag) it's hard to get the equipment even if you spot it with the MAV.

or crazy lens flare

Yes, but we get Bloom and HDR on Atacama that completely removes the GUI for some people (me!) when in vehicles or scoping in a sniper rifle. I'd rather have "grey and lens-flare" filters than those two.

Evolved1

I prefer BC2 in almost every way to BF3.

I'm torn on prone... could go either way on that one probably.

The only thing from BF3 I was missing in BC2 last night was being able to move laterally while sprinting. Man, that was a good improvement I'd gotten used to. Also, I was trying to use the speed boost in vehicles all night haha...

There are still the same old gripes in BC2 that I've always had, and some of them are really annoying, but it's nothing like BF3. I fucking hate BF3.

BC2 controls fit like a glove. Anyone who doesn't feel the difference is "on crack" and it's pretty shameful if you're also on the dev team. "Oh it must be your TV". Get out of here with that shit. Play BC2 retards. It's not the television.

olimpia84

Yeah I was trying to use boost on the tanks yesterday the whole time haha. And not having input lag felt wonderful, I couldn't believe how smooth sniping on Arica was: aim, shoot, enemy dead. In BF3 you have to aim somewhere else taking into account the lag so that you stand a chance to hit the damn target.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
Nothing like losing an enemy lock-on by flying a transport heli under the pipes on operation firestorm C flag, then getting the hover capture like a champ.

Why is trying to join a match in a squad such a goddamn impossibility on the 360.
Best way is to use the server browser and find a server that has more than 4 spots open.

Autobalance + bad join process

DICE, fixing things that weren't broke to begin with, since 1942.

Nothing like losing an enemy lock-on by flying a transport heli under the pipes on operation firestorm C flag, then getting the hover capture like a champ.

Like a Boss.

TheSeks

i thought we were playing conquest tonight?!

*invite*

"I thought you were playing Conquest?"

*join*

Conquest: 3 Flags

Me: SMH.

(Sees you're down two people with all the flags capped with a bunch of level 50's on the other team)

Me: SMH. SMH. SMH.

(Sees the map is Oasis Conquest)

Me: SMH.

Then again, I'm not really in the mood to play Conquest. At least I got all the side shit done in Ass Creed: Brotherhood, which leaves the stupid flag finding and finishing the lairs and then completing the story. Though I don't think I will have 100% synch, but that can wait until I have the Leo DLC. >_>

Dream: You can put me down for 1943 next weekend if you get a few other players. It would be nice to play proper wake and Conquest for once.

olimpia84

When I put the game tonight it definitely brought back typical BC2 memories: everybody playing Rush and me ending up playing Conquest with randoms :p
Dream and faceless joined me later and we managed a nice comeback in Panama Canal but then I guess most of our time quit for the next Oasis game and we got destroyed. I would have played more but the GF was here and wanted to watch a movie =/

When I put the game tonight it definitely brought back typical BC2 memories: everybody playing Rush and me ending up playing Conquest with randoms :p
Dream and faceless joined me later and we managed a nice comeback in Panama Canal but then I guess most of our time quit for the next Oasis game and we got destroyed. I would have played more but the GF was here and wanted to watch a movie =/

I got an invite from nostyle/rockscar so I joined their conquest games. It was a few good rounds of arica, and harvest day conquest.

I could see why you were annoying those 2 snipers on panama.
They were of absolute no help at all on oasis and prefer to just stay in spawn and snipe...regardless of win or loss. When I was all alone caping C, I was hoping they would at least move their ass a bit and help me out...nope

P.S. Bros before hos man lol.

BoatAck

Dream: You can put me down for 1943 next weekend if you get a few other players. It would be nice to play proper wake and Conquest for once.
I would be down for 1943 next weekend, but I am starting my night shift this Wednesday @ 1800 CST through the following Tuesday :(

Evolved1

I was playing pretty crappy and then the game froze while I was gunning for Faceless... decided to call it a night.

Also... I was all geared up for CQ and you guys were in Rush.

olimpia84

I got an invite from nostyle/rockscar so I joined their conquest games. It was a few good rounds of arica, and harvest day conquest.

I could see why you were annoying those 2 snipers on panama.
They were of absolute no help at all on oasis and prefer to just stay in spawn and snipe...regardless of win or loss. When I was all alone caping C, I was hoping they would at least move their ass a bit and help me out...nope

P.S. Bros before hos man lol.

lol so you heard that guy bitching huh? I figured I would bug the hell out of the them since at that point in the game we already had control of the flags and it was pretty much a given that we would win.

Too bad for the next Oasis game some of our players quit at the beginninig and we were in disadvantage. Not only that but I kept forgetting about the fact that in BC2 there's no timer for the round to start at the beginning. It happened to me in every single game we played and if you're facing a good team like the one from yesterday it's a killer. They went to B straight ahead without wasting anytime and once they got the tank it was pretty much game over.

MrBig

I've been playing a lot of rush recently after avoiding it until now. It's like a whole new game and has breathed some life into it for me. Glad I didn't spend much time in it before. Probably going to move through all the gametypes like this.
And jets in Rush are actually super useful in taking out vehicles and campers, if only people would spot them for me. I got 16 kills without dying on caspian flying the frogfoot.

Ha! In desperate need of ammo, and after call for it dozens of times, I followed someone into a 1 door room and blocked it. It literally took half the match time for him get it and drop an ammo crate.

WTF is it with the majority of people not actually playing a support role?

Alucrid

Banned
What's the best gun for the engineer class? Using the A-91 right now.

Ha! In desperate need of ammo, and after call for it dozens of times, I followed someone into a 1 door room and blocked it. It literally took half the match time for him get it and drop an ammo crate.

WTF is it with the majority of people not actually playing a support role?

Guns suck imo. I only use it when I need a shot gun.

Top Bottom