• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Ha! In desperate need of ammo, and after call for it dozens of times, I followed someone into a 1 door room and blocked it. It literally took half the match time for him get it and drop an ammo crate.

WTF is it with the majority of people not actually playing a support role?

I was standing right behind a support guy in Metro today and he wouldn't give me ammo even though I was spamming the back button like crazy. There should be a required test/tutorial that you take before you are are allowed to play online.

Alucrid

Banned
M4A1, G36C, and the A-91 are the most popular. I have been using the SG553 lately.

Thanks, I'll try out the other two.

I was standing right behind a support guy in Metro today and he wouldn't give me ammo even though I was spamming the back button like crazy. There should be a required test/tutorial that you take before you are are allowed to play online.

That would be way more helpful so that people who just start playing don't get into a jet or plane and then all I can do is watch as it crashed to the ground and burns. Then laugh.

Also, just got frag rounds for the Dao...holy shit, they're so goddamn fun. I always used to get pissed at people using the USAS and frag rounds but uh...yeah.

gl0w

Nice I had a similar moment in Op Metro the other day.

unfortunately i have tried several times to get some stuff like this in OP Métro, no luck :( but i think on Grand Bazaar it's also easy to get some amazing moments, you just need to flank the enemy around the map :p

Damn, Good stuff. Nice to see a high streak thats not on PC Metro.

thats true! and no USAS +frags :)

you need to redub that with some NBA JAM commentary, that was a sweeeet run!

noted, maybe next time :)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thanks, I'll try out the other two.

That would be way more helpful so that people who just start playing don't get into a jet or plane and then all I can do is watch as it crashed to the ground and burns. Then laugh.

Also, just got frag rounds for the Dao...holy shit, they're so goddamn fun. I always used to get pissed at people using the USAS and frag rounds but uh...yeah.

I hereby demand you to stop saying such words of treason.

gl0w

Thanks to that, I've finally learned what PSK stands for. :O

ahhh great! :) PSK is a Portuguese BF Clan, and we are very competitive, with lots of clan wars already done. Unfortunately without private servers, it makes things a little harder. :\

DICE Clan support on consoles, is almost zero.

EDIT: I have some other videos on my channel of clan wars that we did :)

JJD

Welcome to the dark side!!!

Smiling-Vader.jpg

Mwa-hahahahahaha!!!

Dreaver

In the beginning of the month (February) EA/Dice(?) said they would reveal something DLC related 'next week'. Now we're like a month further, have they ever annouched anything? Or what happened with it?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In the beginning of the month (February) EA/Dice(?) said they would reveal something DLC related 'next week'. Now we're like a month further, have they ever annouched anything? Or what happened with it?
Theyve been teasing something for GDC.. dunno if its BF3 related and theres a quite beefy patch soon to be released.

Boss Man

They're fixing that shit in the next patch thankfully.

Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
Fixed the Rate of Fire when the USAS and MK3A1 are equipped with FRAG rounds. All other shotguns correctly had a reduced rate of fire with frags, except the USAS and MK3A1.

JJD

They're fixing that shit in the next patch thankfully.

Well, there's always the Saiga and the MK3A1...Lol...

Plus, they still have to say how they will try to balance frags. If they make it weaker you'll just need more shots to kill an opponent. No big deal for me. If they eliminate splash damage they might as well remove frags from the game, and Dice won't do that.

I find really amusing all the bitching about it. They don't break the game. A good player still has a good chance to down a frag user 1 on 1.

From my experience the greatest advantage frag rounds have is the splash damage and specially the range. If you find two or more enemies clustered together you shoot one and the splash damage will take care of the other. If you are playing with another weapon you can easily take 2 enemies together if you're mindful about your ammo, you can toss a grenade if they're not aware of you or if you're an engineer you can RPG then to death.

USAS + Frags are really effective on just 2 maps, Metro and Bazaar. On all the others, specially big maps playing with frags requires much more skill. And have you guys seem the amazing video by glowwalter? He killed all those people with a SMG. Maybe they should nerf then too? Experiences on those two infantry focused maps should not be the sole indicator of balance issues with guns on this game.

Frankly, frags are no substitute for skill. Since I started using then awhile ago (when Dice announced they were looking into it) my K/D, SPM, Skill and W/L average stayed basically the same.

I don't see much difference between frags and RPG spamming, and I don't believe any nerfing will address the issues some people have with it. And as I said, only removing it would resolve this matter satisfatorily for this people. Dice won't do that.

Edit: So they're making splash damage a little weaker and reducing fire rate? I'm OK with that. Most of my shots were direct hits, and reducing the firing rate means you'll have to be a little more cautious on 1 on 1 fights. People already had a chance on such confrontations, they will get a slightly better chance, fine by me.

I bet that people will still complain about frags after this patch just the same. And I don't believe it will affect my playstyle much.

Alucrid

Banned
Meh, I stopped using it since I mostly play Engineer anyways.

Are they fixing C4 next patch too? As in you won't be able to explode it after you die?

Rebel Leader

Hey, let's play together on opposing teams! I'll use frags, you can use whatever you like! It'll be fun! :-D

But you must be 300(does BF3 go by meters or feet?) away
----
Also, why is it that when a tank spawns on Davand(sp) peak (RUSH), I hop in & I have none of my tank abilities...Why does this happen?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The unveil should be tomorrow.

And yet, no balance patch. SMH DICE.

Also people camping the initial spawn in BC1 Rush is hilarious. Now I know why DICE implemented that protection, much to our dismay.

Damavand, Call of Duty.

JJD said:
Edit: So they're making splash damage a little weaker and reducing fire rate? I'm OK with that. Most of my shots were direct hits, and reducing the firing rate means you'll have to be a little more cautious on 1 on 1 fights. People already had a chance on such confrontations, they will get a slightly better chance, fine by me.

That's cute that you think it fixes the major issue, but it doesn't.

Hip-fire spam like you just don't care + speed of firing (USAS, Jackhammer) + Splash damage AND the damage rate is the major issue of frag rounds. Solving two doesn't stop people from spamming the rounds at a door (even if they lose accuracy in their Battlelog profile doing this) because all they need to do is catch a person with two rounds of frags splash damage through a doorway and kill someone. It still doesn't fix the "high-level play" that Metro has devolved into.

In short, a start, but not a complete nerf that is needed.

And yet, no balance patch. SMH DICE.

Also people camping the initial spawn in BC1 Rush is hilarious. Now I know why DICE implemented that protection, much to our dismay.

Damavand, Call of Duty.

i thought they implemented it because of DAT PS3 BC2 ALPHA where we had the enemy tanks all up in the spawn on Arica Harbor.

TheSeks

.......>_>

<3

i thought they implemented it because of DAT PS3 BC2 ALPHA where we had the enemy tanks all up in the spawn on Arica Harbor.

This is true, but being on the receiving end of that shit sucks. Valley Run they're all up in my grill and since we have to take on 10 of them spawning on like 2-4 of them up in the mountains and trying to clear them out we couldn't get shit done. Stupid as hell.

And since you two posted, I'll repost my remark to JJD so it's "current."

JJD said:

Hip-fire spam like you just don't care + speed of firing (USAS, Jackhammer) + Splash damage AND the damage rate is the major issue of frag rounds. Solving two doesn't stop people from spamming the rounds at a door (even if they lose accuracy in their Battlelog profile doing this) because all they need to do is catch a person with two rounds of frags splash damage through a doorway and kill someone. It still doesn't fix the "high-level play" that Metro has devolved into.

Boss Man

And have you guys seem the amazing video by glowwalter?
Kudos on a 10 kill streak I guess, but I don't see anything unbelievable. Regardless, the issue is that you can spam frag rounds (you're not supposed to be able to). The argument that you can kill people with other things does not change how silly that is.

Frankly, frags are no substitute for skill.
Yeah, they are. If they were so balanced, you'd be using something else since they're about to get nerfed. Isn't there a way to see someone's k/d with each weapon? I'd love for you to show me how your k/d is the same with the USAS as with everything else.

Yeah, they are. If they were so balanced, you'd be using something else since they're about to get nerfed. Isn't there a way to see someone's k/d with each weapon? I'd love for you to show me how your k/d is the same with the USAS as with everything else.

well, you can't see K/D, but you can see KPM and Accuracy... DAT SPLASH has my accuracy at 50-60% on those shotguns!

TheSeks

well, you can't see K/D, but you can see KPM and Accuracy... DAT SPLASH has my accuracy at 50-60% on those shotguns!

That's amazing, since I spam the damn thing everywhere and got like 100 kills with just frags but a 7% accuracy on the USAS.

I was thinking, before the B2K dlc came out we got an update patch and I remember seeing the B2K maps in the server browser map selection but of course no one could play them until the B2K dlc was available. Maybe Dice will release the dlc with this new patch, maybe.

Alucrid

Banned
Back on the USAS hate train after playing offense on rush on Operation Metro against an entire team with USASes, extended mags and frag rounds.

TheSeks

Back on the USAS hate train after playing offense on rush on Operation Metro against an entire team with USASes, extended mags and frag rounds.

Now you know why JJD is full of shit about frag rounds and the "nerf" they're getting NOT being anything but typical DICE: half-assed because they play like gentlemen in the office so shit like USAS + Frag is "allowed" because it isn't spammed by them in Metro. Thereby, breaking the map in two in public games.

Good going, Demize, being a fake Sweede and not calling your officemates dumbasses and being a dumbass yourself for not catching this and BALANCING it since that's supposed to be YOUR job. FFS.

Yes, I mad.

JJD

I know it doesn't fix the major issues Seks, in fact I said that at least for me that patch won't change the way I use the USAS. The only way to fix that gun/perk for the people complaining is removing then from the game. I said people would still complain about it after the patch. A slower fire rate mostly means you'll have to be more careful on 1 on 1 encounters and slightly less splash damage means you'll have to shot 1 or 2 frags more. Most of my shots are direct hits so I'm not worried about the splash damage nerf, and I don't really care about fire rate because I flank like crazy so I usually kill guys from behind, or by the sides when they're not seeing me.

Also, are you playing again? A couple days ago I joined a rush game with you, faceless and Olimpia and it was really fun, but you soon quit the game! Maybe Dreamgazer can organize a BF3 rush night, he's great at that stuff! I couldn't get my copy of BC2 to join the fun last weekend and I'm missing rush lately.

Kudos on a 10 kill streak I guess, but I don't see anything unbelievable. Regardless, the issue is that you can spam frag rounds (you're not supposed to be able to). The argument that you can kill people with other things does not change how silly that is.

I don't know if there's anything unbelievable in that video, it's just all around solid playing by someone skilled, maybe you can do better than that, but I wished I had more squad mates like him (posso the adicionar glow? se você tiver um headset podemos conversar em português!). Back to the topic at hand, I don't believe glow would had gotten that many kills with a USAS/Frags combo regardless of his skill since it eats ammo like crazy, makes a lot of noise and attract a lot of attention and you have to reload constantly. If I'm not mistaken he didn't even need to reload that SAW, clearly that SMG is broken!!!

My argument still stands. Most people bitching about the USAS/Frags complain about it in Metro and Bazaar and frankly the weapon really excels at those maps. Close quarters combat, lots of choke points, and mainly a lot of stupid people camping make it easy to get kills on those maps. Shotguns are pretty much designed for situations like that, you can't fault a weapon for doing it's job. The issue here is not the automatic shotgun/frags combo but the map design that encourages that behavior.

At every other single map the USAS/frags is less effective, requires more skill to be put to good use and it's not a grievance to most players.

Don't be ridiculous, nothing is a substitute for skill. Have you seen a bad player, lousy K/D, SPM suddenly turn good just because he is using USAS/frags? Bad players do the same shit regardless of the weapon they use. They camp, they don't flank, they have horrible aim, they don't mind their surroundings, they don't cap flags or arm m-coms. Nothing can change that, except well...skill!

I started playing with the USAS to see what the fuss was all about. I kept playing with the USAS because it was a good change of pace for me, a breath of fresh air since I'm not a shotgun player. I don't like to trade range for stopping power. USAS clicked with me because it can still be effective at a distance. I only use it on Metro and Bazaar because it's nowhere near as effective in any other map. If it were I'd probably use it too. Deal with it.

If you want to check my stats just head to Battlelog, is not hard at all. I currently have 25 different weapons with silver stars, I like to try different guns. My accuracy rating is 21.7%, and I the only shotgun I use is the USAS (with frags) so my accuracy rating is not inflated because of shotgun pellets. I like to think I'm an OK shooter.

My first ranked weapon is the USAS with 721 kills, the second one just for comparison is a carbine, the A-91 with 473. You can check the rest on the site if you wish.

My K/D is 2.1, SPM 552, Skill 584, W/L 6.65. My stats are mostly the same since I started playing. The only time I saw a significant increase on my stats was when I started playing in a 720P monitor, mostly because I felt the lag was gone. Unfortunately I've gone back to my 1080P set, I made a post some time ago about this.

The only time my stats (mostly K/D, SPM and Skill) took a nosedive was surprisingly when I started using the USAS/Frag combo because I would suicide all the time due to splash damage and killing people too close (like a usual shotgun) until I got the hang of the weapon, I also made a post about this I believe.

So no, using the USAS unfortunately didn't make me a better player (I wish it did!), didn't improve my stats or was a substitute for whatever skills I might have. I might have pissed some people, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Of the 148 hours I've played the game I've used the USAS for about 8 hours, which is roughly 5% of my game time. Despite the fact that it's my highest ranked weapon, I don't really think I've used it a lot, so I'm not a USAS whore.

Long before I started using the USAS/frags combo I already used to have a good K/D on Metro and Bazaar. Most of the times I got killed by a USAS player on those maps it's because he got a jump on me, so I would be dead anyway regardless of his weapon of choice.

If you're getting consistently owned by USAS players, you're probably doing something wrong and need to change your playstyle, I use then as much as the people I play against use then, and I hardly have a problem.

JJD

Now you know why JJD is full of shit about frag rounds and the "nerf" they're getting NOT being anything but typical DICE: half-assed because they play like gentlemen in the office so shit like USAS + Frag is "allowed" because it isn't spammed by them in Metro. Thereby, breaking the map in two in public games.

Good going, Demize, being a fake Sweede and not calling your officemates dumbasses and being a dumbass yourself for not catching this and BALANCING it since that's supposed to be YOUR job. FFS.

Yes, I mad.

When the fuck did I say that the incoming nerf would solve the USAS problem? Yeah, you're clearly mad Seks...

I've said that the nerf would not affect my playstyle at all. That patch won't resolve the problem some people have with the USAS/Frags.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
I've got a plan to amuse myself. I'm going to get every weapon I don't have a service star with yet to 99 kills. Once I do that I will get my kits as close to service stars as possible, maybe wait for assault/carbine/shotgun/pistol/melee medals to get 1 away and have the highest scoring day EVAR!

TheSeks

When the fuck did I say that the incoming nerf would solve the USAS problem?

"Direct hits will not effect my play style." Which you know is bullshit because "spamming shots and clipping people with the splash damage Frag rounds do means you don't even need a direct hit.

I've said that the nerf would not affect my playstyle at all. That patch won't resolve the problem some people have with the USAS/Frags.

So long as you admit it. But "direct hits with frags won't effect me!" is still bullshit. You and I both know Frag rounds have a HILARIOUS splash damage to the point where you can get yourself killed in 1-on-1 situations because it's huge. The issue of the splash itself isn't the big deal because it's an "explosive round" the issue with the splash is that the damage (AND EVEN DAMAGE FROM A DIRECT HIT) is stupid high for explosive rounds to the point where EVERYONE abuses it and the whole game breaks because there is no alternate routes available to get away from Frag Round spam.

Them nerfing the "speed and splash radius" doesn't solve the issue of "two hits from being hit by Frag Round spam you dead. LOLOLOL" and you know it.

Frag Rounds were the last straw that made me stop playing daily. Full stop. When entire teams start abusing it and the rounds are over in minutes because you either have to resort to using Frags yourself (good luck if you haven't unlocked those!) or rely on everyone else on your team having Frag rounds or else you're going to get rolled it's fucking stupid. Even worse on choke points like Damavand Peak's tunnels, Grand Bazaar first set (or hell the second set getting to both B's), Metro's entire second, third, AND fourth set to the point where you basically turn the game off and go "yeah, fuck this."

My argument still stands. Most people bitching about the USAS/Frags complain about it in Metro and Bazaar and frankly the weapon really excels at those maps. Close quarters combat, lots of choke points, and mainly a lot of stupid people camping make it easy to get kills on those maps. Shotguns are pretty much designed for situations like that, you can't fault a weapon for doing it's job. The issue here is not the automatic shotgun/frags combo but the map design that encourages that behavior.

Yes, we can. When "Shotguns" are turned into "mini-LAV cannons" they aren't simply shotguns anymore. They're infantry carrying vehicle power. It's stupid. It needs to be nerfed into the ground or DICE needs to allow destruction (which would be EVEN WORSE with Frag Rounds not nerfed)/alt routes to flank the bastards. Even on open maps like Karkand (which still has "choke points" in the hallways) or Sharqi people abuse it. Why? Because, again: It's an LAV cannon and all they have to do is hip-fire spam it in someones direction: The splash AND damage rate does the work.

Just for the sake of comparison of this, JJD: Imagine Metro second set on defense. You go into the "middle" tunnel that has that one room before the stairs. You go past that room to the long tunnel. Okay, you with me so far?

Buckshot rounds? Radius is only as far as you/point and it's a thin line from that aim.

Frag rounds? AS WIDE AS YOU ARE (along with being half the hallway, IIRC). Now throw those rounds down the hallway. Yeah, now you know why people are able to get kills with them even on open maps. Because it isn't a shotgun anymore.

When people use Buckshot, they can't normally get triple kills unless they're good and have steel aim. With frags they can easily get triple kills because they may "direct hit" one person and then take two people out with the splash from that first round and a non-direct hit second shot in that general area with the wide splash and high damage rate.

Rebel Leader

I was thinking, before the B2K dlc came out we got an update patch and I remember seeing the B2K maps in the server browser map selection but of course no one could play them until the B2K dlc was available. Maybe Dice will release the dlc with this new patch, maybe.

I don't think they'll do BC2 style patches

Miggytronz

so a buddy of mine told me the next patch wont be implemented til end of Spring..............Where he heard that or read that he couldnt confirm. GAF...WTF?
LLShC.gif

Boss Man

I have over 1900 kills with the USAS but they're all with buckshot. Does that make me less annoying? :p
Automatic shotguns are annoying in pretty much every game, but it's definitely not as bad as spamming frag rounds. It makes you annoying instead of borderline cheating. I ain't mad.

Boss Man

The issue here is not the automatic shotgun/frags combo but the map design that encourages that behavior.
I agree completely with the notion that it's the game's fault and not the person using it. It's easy to hate people for using it, but at the same time they're just doing what works. Still, if you're going to sit here and defend it like like it isn't broken then I'm going to argue.

Don't be ridiculous, nothing is a substitute for skill. Have you seen a bad player, lousy K/D, SPM suddenly turn good just because he is using USAS/frags? Bad players do the same shit regardless of the weapon they use. They camp, they don't flank, they have horrible aim, they don't mind their surroundings, they don't cap flags or arm m-coms. Nothing can change that, except well...skill!
Yes, I have. You don't have to play well to get kills while you're spamming frag rounds. That's not to say that a skilled player won't do better with it, but to say that spamming frags does not make things easier (and therefore allow a player to get kills he otherwise wouldn't have) is going way too far. A person who's really stupid might fail a math test even if he's using a calculator because he doesn't know how to use it, but that doesn't mean that a calculator can't be a substitute for math skills.

USAS clicked with me because it can still be effective at a distance.
It shouldn't be.

I only use it on Metro and Bazaar because it's nowhere near as effective in any other map. If it were I'd probably use it too. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it- the same way everyone else is. By pointing out how broken it is and getting it fixed.

Of the 148 hours I've played the game I've used the USAS for about 8 hours, which is roughly 5% of my game time. Despite the fact that it's my highest ranked weapon, I don't really think I've used it a lot, so I'm not a USAS whore.
My first ranked weapon is the USAS with 721 kills, the second one just for comparison is a carbine, the A-91 with 473. You can check the rest on the site if you wish.
Ok. So you're saying the USAS didn't make you better, but you're also saying that you've only used it for 5% of your game time yet you have way more kills with it than anything else.

TheSeks

I have over 1900 kills with the USAS but they're all with buckshot. Does that make me less annoying? :p

Less annoying but still annoying. At least you have to aim somewhat, compared to Frag Rounds.

JJD

Seks when I said direct hits i meant my shots with the USAS, not other peoples shots towards me. What I tried to say is that if the patch is indeed just the stuff Stateofmind said in a previous post, then the changes won't affect me much as a USAS/frags user.

More so you're still explaining why you think the combo is broken by giving examples of metro games. Everyone complains about it on metro, sometimes in baazar, and in Seine. This is much more a map design issue than a weapon balance one.

Usas/Frags are really not an issue in most other maps, just the infantry ones.

I said in previous posts that I do think that a patch is needed and that the USAS/Frags should be looked into, but in the end I can't see how Dice will handle the weapon without nerfing it into oblivion. I've said a couple times, the only way to appease people complaining is to remove frag ammo from the game, and Dice won't do that.

I don't really care if the weapon is nerfed or not. I don't have a favorite gun, I like to try different stuff, and most of my playtime is with engineer/carbine combo.

Ok. So you're saying the USAS didn't make you better, but you're also saying that you've only used it for 5% of your game time yet you have way more kills with it than anything else.

I was saying that I'm not a USAS whore, as I like to use a lot of different guns. The only reason I have more kills with it is because currently it's my most played weapon. Maybe this will change in the future, maybe not.

gl0w

I don't know if there's anything unbelievable in that video, it's just all around solid playing by someone skilled, maybe you can do better than that, but I wished I had more squad mates like him (posso the adicionar glow? se você tiver um headset podemos conversar em português!). Back to the topic at hand, I don't believe glow would had gotten that many kills with a USAS/Frags combo regardless of his skill since it eats ammo like crazy, makes a lot of noise and attract a lot of attention and you have to reload constantly. If I'm not mistaken he didn't even need to reload that SAW, clearly that SMG is broken!!!

Yes buddy, go ahead my psnid is: gl0wvalter (with a zero)

About the video.. actually i'm using a LMG M249, and C4 :p you should check the video again.

About the USAS+frags,it's really annoying that more than 90% of people are using it on OP Métro and Bazaar.. and they are starting to use it on other maps too, one of the bad things about it, is that even behind a wall or something i get killed by it. they just need to shoot near me, and that is enough to get a kill. Should i bring a shield next time? :p

i mean, that thing is unreal. :\

TheSeks

Usas/Frags are really not an issue in most other maps, just the infantry ones.

Except they are a problem on other maps. Camp near a crate, spam Frag Rounds. Easy kills unless someone throws a rocket your way. Karkand is another map that falls victim to Frag Rounds, and it's more open than Metro/Seine/Bazaar combined!

Frag Rounds are a LAV round in an infantry weapon and you don't see a problem with this dude, really?

gl0w

Did a run like this the other night only killed seven players before i got taken down. l love playing aggressive Support. I find most enemy players hate it as it disturbs their holding spots.

Extended mags + foregrip and claymores= A rolling death machine.

i think claymores are more affective on RUSH, since you can deploy them near the mcoms. I prefer using c4 even on rush (on map's with tanks). It's so good to see a tank getting destroyed by it :D

JJD

Yes buddy, go ahead my psnid is: gl0wvalter (with a zero)

About the video.. actually i'm using a LMG M249, and C4 :p you should check the video again.

About the USAS+frags,it's really annoying that more than 90% of people are using it on OP Métro and Bazaar.. and they are starting to use it on other maps too, one of the bad things about it, is that even behind a wall or something i get killed by it. they just need to shoot near me, and that is enough to get a kill. Should i bring a shield next time? :p

i mean, that thing is unreal. :\

The M249 was called previously squad automatic weapon or SAW. Anyway I'm going to add you the next time I'm on the PS3! See you online man!

JJD

Except they are a problem on other maps. Camp near a crate, spam Frag Rounds. Easy kills unless someone throws a rocket your way. Karkand is another map that falls victim to Frag Rounds, and it's more open than Metro/Seine/Bazaar combined!

Frag Rounds are a LAV round in an infantry weapon and you don't see a problem with this dude, really?

That is exactly what annoys me and made me comment in the issue. You can do that shit with any weapon on the game one any map. You can camp and spam shit on any flag or m-com. You can do the exact same thing with an RPG, you don't even need to aim much. Remember sir Carl? Dice nerfed the splash damage, people never quit spamming it. It's going to be the same way with frags.

I've never ever heard anyone complaining that they lost a game on Caspian, Firestorm, Kharg, Tehran or other maps because of frags. It's always Metro, sometimes Baazar and even less on Seine.

So I conceded a lot of times that USAS/frags should be looked into, I just said I don't know how to fix it. I don't believe Dice can fix it. When are you going to acknowledge that the map design is as much of an issue in those cases as frags spamming? Especially in rush those 3 maps outright suck. (I do like then on Conquest).

I see the problem with the frags, it just doesn't annoy me. It don't affect me. I didin't get owned particularly hard with frags when I was not using then, I still don't get owned particularly hard with then now that I'm using it.

Outside Metro and Bazaar rush frags don't really affect the balance of the game. Dice should be looking to fix those maps as much as fixing the USAS/Frags.

Yes it does
----
I wish we can ban FRAG rounds outright... Just how the R6 community banned that 1 auto-shotgun

I said that a long time ago. That's the only way to "fix" this issue for most people complaining.

Top Bottom