• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

1 - Splash Damage is too high.

Well, gee it's an explosive round! It's supposed to have at least some splash damage, maybe Dice should nerf it until it becomes a firecracker, or make explosive rounds that don't explode.
The USAS splash damage as it is right now is akin to being bombarded by a battleship. The closest real life aproximation I can find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYp9fOJ9VI

I don't think the current situation is in keeping with life on planet earth, do you?

My point was in regards to m-com camping, have you read the whole post, or the ginormous ones that followed? I haven't played much of BF3 rush and have seem a lot of RPG camping when I played...if you take in consideration Carl spamming in BC2 it's a even more valid point.

Also frags only do splash damage on impact too, if you can't hit anything there's no damage whatsoever, hence the need for at least a little bit of skill. Didn't understand that argument.

But I tire of this discussion. I only tried to say that USAS/Frags is not an automatic "Win" button, or a substitute for skill.

I feel sorry that it is such an issue for some gaffers that it's keeping then from playing the game, but thankfully I have no problem whatsoever dealing with frag users either when I'm using it, or any other weapon.

Your very first post regarding RPG vs. USAS, of which I am replying to, was not on m-com camping:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35751986&postcount=5017
m-com camping wasn't mentioned until 2-3 post later, which I don't disagree with.

As for the point of the frags' splash damage, which seks have also emphasized, is the spread of the USAS.

Also very few people here are arguing USAS/Frags are "automatic wins". Otherwise we would have all use frags + quit out on metro bazaar all the time.

anyway sorry for the late reply, business trip ~("~)

JJD

Your very first post regarding RPG vs. USAS, of which I am replying to, was not on m-com camping:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35751986&postcount=5017
m-com camping wasn't mentioned until 2-3 post later, which I don't disagree with.

As for the point of the frags' splash damage, which seks have also emphasized, is the spread of the USAS.

Also very few people here are arguing USAS/Frags are "automatic wins". Otherwise we would have all use frags + quit out on metro bazaar all the time.

anyway sorry for the late reply, business trip ~("~)

It's cool man, hope everything went well in your trip! When we're going to do that 1943 night? Maybe we should do a BF3 rush one too, it's been hard to find gaffers playing besides Olimpia! I miss the good old days of BC2 when you could find someone playing any time of the day... :-(

I didn't realize that you were replying to that specific post, sorry! All that I tried to say is that there's other ways to deal with enemies grouping besides fragging then to death. See:

From my experience the greatest advantage frag rounds have is the splash damage and specially the range. If you find two or more enemies clustered together you shoot one and the splash damage will take care of the other. If you are playing with another weapon you can easily take 2 enemies together if you're mindful about your ammo, you can toss a grenade if they're not aware of you or if you're an engineer you can RPG then to death.

So I wasn't exactly saying that running around with an RPG is the same thing as an USAS, just that people have a multitude of ways to deal with enemies clustered together. I probably wasn't clear enough! So again, apologies!

I know that not everyone was saying that USAS/Frags combo is an automatic win, I just got annoyed when that guy claimed that they are a substitute for skill, which I vehemently disagree. He went as far as to say that my overall K/D was not in tune with my weapons kills, accuracy, etc, just my USAS stats.

OG Kush

That's great news, but:

I fail to see how this is an "absolute first" on consoles. It sounds like he's saying no one else has been able to do custom servers on consoles before. I guess it's an "absolute first" for Battlefield 3.

the fact that he says console and not consoles indicates its for the console version of battlefield 3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
A customizable server might get me to play this again once in a while... as long as it was full customization and I could opt out of shit like flashlights and frag rounds.

Boss Man

the fact that he says console and not consoles indicates its for the console version of battlefield 3.
While I was really only bitching about semantics, saying "absolute first" insinuates that he's not referring to a specific situation (ie, BF3). As in, he's treating it like they've managed to do something new and exciting while they're really just adding a missing feature and they aren't the first to do it.

JJD

Good games Boa, we could have won that Metro round if our team could back us a little. How many times did we cap the flag closest to the enemy base just to see our team lose the one next to ours?

In the end they managed to organize better and we capped B to, but we couldn't avoid bleeding tickets to death. If only we had another gaffer at our squad... :-(

BoatAck

Good games Boa, we could have won that Metro round if our team could back us a little. How many times did we cap the flag closest to the enemy base just to see our team lose the one next to ours?

In the end they managed to organize better and we capped B to, but we couldn't avoid bleeding tickets to death. If only we had another gaffer at our squad... :-(

You too. Yeah, I had a feeling we were going to lose that one after the slight difficulty we had winning the previous round and the number of higher ranked people on the other team. We would have won if we had like 30 or so more tickets when we capped B.

The best moment for me today was when the tower on Caspian Border fell on me while I was flying the helicopter I stole from the other team. Karma I guess.

tn2007

Yes; along with RPGs, claymores, C4, grenades and campers.

We got demolished yesterday on that map. All they did was camp and fragged the crap out of us. But the most annoying game was on kharg island, which took forever!! We had them on the first set and all of a sudden they get through with 3 tickets left. That led us to a 47 min round ugh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes; along with RPGs, claymores, C4, grenades and campers.

Well, that, too.

I've also locked down the "back door" on defense by myself abusing the clipping of prone with a semi-auto-sniper rifle before.

Hence, DICE needs to fix the game before DLC even happens and it's hilarious and frustrating that people want DLC before fixes. :|

Overdoziz

Banned
Well, that, too.

I've also locked down the "back door" on defense by myself abusing the clipping of prone with a semi-auto-sniper rifle before.

Hence, DICE needs to fix the game before DLC even happens and it's hilarious and frustrating that people want DLC before fixes. :|
I imagine every map in the Close Quarters DLC will play like that M-COM station.

Sogood.gif

-Silver-

I was wondering, guys, what would happen if one was to fly over, with a squad mate, over to the enemy runway in the transport chopper (Kharg Island) and lay down mines at set points?

JJD

Dat B mcom on first set Grand Bazaar...

Man, two times I started arming it just to get killed from behind. My squad was definitely worthless. No one would spawn on me, I don't know what those guys were doing.

The last time someone armed (don't know who), just before our tickets ran out, I hid next to the destroyed A mcom and killed 3 guys entering the room to disarm B, ran out of bullets for both my weapons and couldn't kill the rest of the enemies swarming the room...no one would toss ammo to me.

If we didn't squad up on the next game I would have quit. I was pissed as hell at my squad mates.

Also, I didn't knows grenades could detonate C4 packs. I dumped a lot of then near the mcom when we were defending, and some dude tossed a grenade in there destroying everything including me...

I was wondering, guys, what would happen if one was to fly over, with a squad mate, over to the enemy runway in the transport chopper (Kharg Island) and lay down mines at set points?

It would destroy any enemy vehicle that passed over it. Rampitup the next time you steal the enemy chopper parachuting in the enemy base, toss some mines there!!! Lol!

I imagine every map in the Close Quarters DLC will play like that M-COM station.

Sogood.gif

I hope Dice considers this when they pick the mcom placements. Good map design can come a long way alleviating those issues. No more mcom inside small rooms OK guys?

TheSeks

Also, I didn't knows grenades could detonate C4 packs. I dumped a lot of then near the mcom when we were defending, and some dude tossed a grenade in there destroying everything including me...

Er-why wouldn't it? It's a plastic explosive and a grenade is explosive. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I jumped on for a game tonight and... lol... these controls are so putrid.

How do you go from BC2 to this?

Yeah... I know... dead horse and all that.

Today I attempted to start playing this game again..
I got placed on the map Grand Bazaar.

Everyone was using USAS with frag rounds and claymores.
The game was not fun.

I guess it is back to waiting for the patch for me.

JJD

Er-why wouldn't it? It's a plastic explosive and a grenade is explosive. :/

It's just that I tried to destroy C4 packs with tank shells just some days ago on Caspian and they would not go out. I'm pretty sure I hit then head on and nothing, so I cautiously avoided then just to see a jeep ran past me and as soon as he passed over they blew the jeep to pieces! The guy who placed then was probably hiding somewhere close just waiting.

I don't know why but I always thought that you couldn't destroy/remove then in BC2 or BF3 without an engineer tool.

eek5

So I jumped on for a game tonight and... lol... these controls are so putrid.

How do you go from BC2 to this?

Yeah... I know... dead horse and all that.

The worst part is it was fine in the beta and almost 5 months later it still doesn't feel right lol. I doubt anyone in DICE plays on PS3 so I doubt they give a shit.

ziadoz

Neo Member
The worst part is it was fine in the beta and almost 5 months later it still doesn't feel right lol. I doubt anyone in DICE plays on PS3 so I doubt they give a shit.

They don't care and it probably isn't going to get fixed either. On the rare occasion DICE mentions it they blame people's TVs. Even though on the same TV BC2 and the BF3 beta had no input lag issues at all. Me and a friend even setup a website to get the issue some attention, which we updated just yesterday, but it never got much traction or any acknowledgement from DICE: www.doesbf3stillhaveinputlag.com

Quite honestly it feels like DICE have handled this game badly from the start. Maybe the impending mega patch will fix stuff, but announcing new map packs when your game is still broken and ignoring issues like input lag is pretty shitty. But hey, at least they beat MW3 to launching, which is what matters right?

I'll be sticking with BC2 until they fix this train wreck.

GenericUser

They don't care and it probably isn't going to get fixed either. On the rare occasion DICE mentions it they blame people's TVs. Even though on the same TV BC2 and the BF3 beta had no input lag issues at all. Me and a friend even setup a website to get the issue some attention, which we updated just yesterday, but it never got much traction or any acknowledgement from DICE: www.doesbf3stillhaveinputlag.com

Quite honestly it feels like DICE have handled this game badly from the start. Maybe the impending mega patch will fix stuff, but announcing new map packs when your game is still broken and ignoring issues like input lag is pretty shitty. But hey, at least they beat MW3 to launching, which is what matters right?

I shelved the game and wrote off the 55€ I paid for this [censored]. Thats it. Lesson learned, next november, I'll stick with the cowadudy crowd.

TheSeks

Even giving it to GiantBomb and other "major sites" most of them won't care because they game on the 360 (hell, GB has a HUGE 360 bias when it comes to not reviewing BOTH platforms [or hell the PC version as well!]).

If we could get traction and hold Demize/et. al. over the coals it would most likely get fixed. But random grumblings on twitter won't get DICE to notice.

equil

I've got a feeling these big Patches will be bundled with the DLC packs, atleast with the consoles.

So we've got a while to wait.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Even giving it to GiantBomb and other "major sites" most of them won't care because they game on the 360 (hell, GB has a HUGE 360 bias when it comes to not reviewing BOTH platforms [or hell the PC version as well!]).

If we could get traction and hold Demize/et. al. over the coals it would most likely get fixed. But random grumblings on twitter won't get DICE to notice.

I think the best place to post it would be Reddit because it's the only place DICE seem to read and post. They totally ignore their official Get Satisfaction forum, though it did cause some fuss when we posted it there. If anyone wants to post it on Reddit or Giant Bomb then feel free to. I'd do it myself but I don't have a Reddit account.

TheSeks

I think the best place to post it would be Reddit because it's the only place DICE seem to read and post.

Yeah, reddit the PC MASTER RACE hivemind central (even on /r/gaming!). Good luck with that dude, I won't take the Karma downvote dive for you to get the word out.

Besides, you could just make a throw away account and post it. Takes five minutes

Also "RaW" continues to be one of the most douche-y clans I have had the displeasure of coming across in Battlefield. Keep camping spawn for your kills, assholes.

Did anybody here successfully take down a helicopter/jet with a Stinger missile ? The thing looks useless against the aircrafts' countermeasures.

Diversifying the classes you play is a lot of fun, but sometimes I wish other classes than engineers had ways to take down tanks and vehicles...I've played several conquest games and except for a few maps (*cough*Metro*cough*) everybody in my squad was an engineer...

Majanew

Banned
They have got to stop letting jets just hover like a damn helo. So fucking stupid. I want to like this game but it has so many damn problems.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
Did anybody here successfully take down a helicopter/jet with a Stinger missile ? The thing looks useless against the aircrafts' countermeasures.

Diversifying the classes you play is a lot of fun, but sometimes I wish other classes than engineers had ways to take down tanks and vehicles...I've played several conquest games and except for a few maps (*cough*Metro*cough*) everybody in my squad was an engineer...

I'd LOVE to be able to play assault, support, and recon, but I almost always have to switch to Engineer since nobody kills the enemy vehicles. Unless I'm playing with faceless/Gimlet/sons.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So you have to paid for the private servers just like PC?
Hopefully will be possible to buy them through the PSN Store.

gl0w

Is the animation bug where it doesn't show you reloading sometimes?

Ehhh, doesnt seem like 3gb worthy to me.

no, this issue affects only some B2K weapons on B2K maps only. See this youtube

Will my assignements be unaffected?

i don't think so, the issue is probably related with some B2K expansion files, that are now being replaced.

Wouldn't that be going with the next patch? when is that supposed to come out?

i was thinking the same, but i didnt see anything related to this issue in the patch fix notes, so, glad it came before the big patch.

TheSeks

Just had an intense last set on Over and Out attack. Dudes protect crate 1 (the one not in the basement) after I sneak over to 2 and arm and hold it by myself (taking out someone that was going to diffuse, blown crate, die trying to get to 1) and spent like 10 tickets by myself arming FIVE DAMN TIMES against 8 players protecting it. Then I get over there and somehow arm and resort to rocket cheese when we have like 10 tickets left to win. Insane.

TheSeks

Game is dead. See, this is what happens when you release new maps over fixing your fucking game, DICE. Jesus Christ. :|

Top Bottom