• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nah, it's just me and faceless trying to have a jet duel. Too bad he cheeses and camps for our jet to spawn instead. :p

I saw you two in the air and I was like "yeah, nope."

I still can't fly the jets. I can keep them in the air, but I can't hit anything worth a damn since they move too fast for me. Fersis was on the AT stationary and I couldn't hit him or the broadside of a barn with rocket pods.

CatPee

I still can't fly the jets. I can keep them in the air, but I can't hit anything worth a damn since they move too fast for me. Fersis was on the AT stationary and I couldn't hit him or the broadside of a barn with rocket pods.

Machine gun = practically an extremely fast and accurate stream of LAV rounds.

TheSeks

Machine gun = practically an extremely fast and accurate stream of LAV rounds.

Machine gun is even worse. I can't "lead" my shots at all. I've lost that skill since the Q3A Instagib days. :(

TheSeks

HILARIOUS moment tonight for me that had me laughing for a good five minutes:

Kharg Island Attack. I snipe THN and we take the base. I see three people coming for me by attempting to flank me. Take three pot shots. Hit one of them (I gotta get my sniping back down. :/) and I'm like "yeah, right. GURL BYE!" Picking up sticks and heading back to our base. One of them apparently stuck around because I tank sniped the stupid fuck after we took the previous base before last set.

Overdoziz

Banned

I usually just stick to trying to shoot at shit that's flying in the air. I'm not going to try and kill that tiny orange Dorito that only appears when you're like 10 meters from the ground.

TheSeks

hey now, taking out choppers and lavs and making it back to hit the jet on the runway is no simple task! it takes timing!

I was wondering what you were doing.

I left that last defense round on Kharg because suddenly people were there to take the crates and I couldn't get anything done by myself while kurisub was doing whatever the hell I dunno and you were in the air. Not to mention the fact we were like 2 people behind them in terms of balance.

Oh and the bullshit of aiming at someone firing and getting hit markers while all of a sudden they take me out with two bullets. Bullshit. And every single time they would do it when I encountered them even with 100% health. Stupid.

JJD

The latest patch is in certification with Sony and MS folks. This probably is the big patch mentioned by Dice some time ago, lots of weapon and accessories balancing, flashlightz nerf, no more MAV riding, invincible ramming jets, and thankfully USAS/Frag spam!!! Lol!

No word on PS3 lag...I'm betting it will continue the same.

Should take 1 or 2 weeks to be released to the public.

Strife91

The latest patch is in certification with Sony and MS folks. This probably is the big patch mentioned by Dice some time ago, lots of weapon and accessories balancing, flashlightz nerf, no more MAV riding, invincible ramming jets, and thankfully USAS/Frag spam!!! Lol!

No word on PS3 lag...I'm betting it will continue the same.

Should take 1 or 2 weeks to be released to the public.

This patch has been taking way too long. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone redownloaded the Back To Karkand DLC yet?

olimpia84

I jumped on the AA gun on the ship that the attackers have on Kharg Island to see if I could get some stationary weapon ribbons. Got 6 kills but no ribbons...in fact the game doesn't even register the AA when you kill somebody (it just says KILLED the opponent). This is so stupid, I was hoping to somehow get the stationary medal but as it is right it's basically impossible unless the new maps include some kind of stationary machine guns like in BC2.

Anyone redownloaded the Back To Karkand DLC yet?

i'm waiting for people to confirm it changed first. or some sort of in-game prompt.

I jumped on the AA gun on the ship that the attackers have on Kharg Island to see if I could get some stationary weapon ribbons. Got 6 kills but no ribbons...in fact the game doesn't even register the AA when you kill somebody (it just says KILLED the opponent). This is so stupid, I was hoping to somehow get the stationary medal but as it is right it's basically impossible unless the new maps include some kind of stationary machine guns like in BC2.

the AA's in CQ give you ribbons. and the stationary AT launchers too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I believe theres a fix for that in the upcoming patch.

i'm waiting for people to confirm it changed first. or some sort of in-game prompt.
Ive redownloaded already, any gun combo you want me to test if it works?

redhot_

Dude here talked to a guy from dice about DLC, some of his thoughts...

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/13/2866792/battlefield-3-close-quarters-dlc-interview

It's hard to say whether the desire for this sort of gameplay came straight from the fans or whether it's EA and DICE attempting to nab a larger fanbase.

but it didn't feel like Battlefield. It was pure chaos. None of my lives lasted much longer than 30 seconds, which made coordinating with squadmates just about impossible.

JJD

Olimpia if you don't have stationary ribbons yet, just drop some mines at C on Caspian, or near your base on Baazar and run to the rocket launcher nearby. As soon as you kill someone with the mines if you're in the RL it will count as a stationary kill.

My only 3 stationary ribbons were obtained at the same time on bazaar destroying a LAV with 6 people inside. Felt good seeing the ribbons coming! :)

redhot_ said:
It's hard to say whether the desire for this sort of gameplay came straight from the fans or whether it's EA and DICE attempting to nab a larger fanbase.

but it didn't feel like Battlefield. It was pure chaos. None of my lives lasted much longer than 30 seconds, which made coordinating with squadmates just about impossible.

As much as I'm hopeful for the next map pack, this sounds rather awful...

The biggest issue with this map pack for me is that with less players the maps won't get into regular rotation with all the others since a few players would have to be kicked.

Any of the regulars here not getting the first pack?

I'm having trouble finding gaffers playing without this bullshit already... :-(

BoatAck

Eh, I don't know if I'll get it. I'm a fan of the open maps and vehicles, I suck at close combat.
I'm on my week off, so I'll be playing BF3 periodically the next 7 days. Starting around 0900 (GMT -600). I'll look for you if you're on.

redhot_

Ya not my type of map pack. The game will be dead in less then 4 months I bet.

The past couple weeks iv been noticing alot of people not even playing, but just waiting for choppers and jets. Lets hope the patch doesn't break more then its said to fix lol..

olimpia84

Olimpia if you don't have stationary ribbons yet, just drop some mines at C on Caspian, or near your base on Baazar and run to the rocket launcher nearby. As soon as you kill someone with the mines if you're in the RL it will count as a stationary kill.

My only 3 stationary ribbons were obtained at the same time on bazaar destroying a LAV with 6 people inside. Felt good seeing the ribbons coming! :)

I already have two ribbons but I was thinking of easy ways to get the medal. Speaking of medals I can cross a few off my list already: mcom attacker, mortar medal and air warfare.

JJD

Eh, I don't know if I'll get it. I'm a fan of the open maps and vehicles, I suck at close combat.
I'm on my week off, so I'll be playing BF3 periodically the next 7 days. Starting around 0900 (GMT -600). I'll look for you if you're on.

What? Seriously you're a great player in all maps and modes I've played with you! If your main concern is that just buy the pack OK???
Please! ;-)

I'll look for you online!

Ya not my type of map pack. The game will be dead in less then 4 months I bet.

The past couple weeks iv been noticing alot of people not even playing, but just waiting for choppers and jets. Lets hope the patch doesn't break more then its said to fix lol..

Yeah. It's getting harder to join gaffers lately! Many of the regulars are not around, and it seems that I just can't play the same time Olimpia's playing lately... :-(

Anyway, managed to finally play some games today and they were mostly great!

thn you're one of my favorite players ever! It's just fun playing with you around! You're a great teammate man! Thanks for sticking around when I'm doing dumb shit with a tank!

I already have two ribbons but I was thinking of easy ways to get the medal. Speaking of medals I can cross a few off my list already: mcom attacker, mortar medal and air warfare.

Man, you're a machine... I stopped caring about that kind of stuff a long time ago. Couldn't even get the trophies of the B2K expansion, there's a lot of medals I would have a real hard time trying to get!

I don't believe there's an easy way to get that ribbon yet, hope Fersis is right. If there's anyone here who can get that medal is you man! :-D

Good games today, I couldn't even get mad at those last 2. Our team was worthless...

Too bad all AAs are placed behind huge rocks (Aside from that one on Kharg) so you can pretty much only kill stuff that directly flies over your own base. And even then it's practically impossible to shoot anything down with it.

well, they're designed to stop enemy aircraft from spawn camping. and they really need to block that Kharg AA, it's annoying to be getting ticked at B/C and going near D when someone is on is like asking for it.

the only medal i fear is m-com defender. stationary and suppression are the ones i think will take me the longest, but i am sure i will get them eventually.

JJD

the only medal i fear is m-com defender. stationary and suppression are the ones i think will take me the longest, but i am sure i will get them eventually.

M-com defender's getting getting fixed too. Don't know if it's in the next patch.

Should make it easier if you only need to kill someone close to the crate, instead of actually arming it.

Also, you're trying to get then all on both PS3 and 360? :-O

Vasili2K38

M-com defender's getting getting fixed too. Don't know if it's in the next patch.

Should make it easier if you only need to kill someone close to the crate, instead of actually arming it.

QFT. It's truth Dice is going to change it? Because the only time when I tried to get it (for the all ribbon trophy), I ended doing it in Wake. First base, the right set, setting C4, hiding in the near rock, and when I heard the MCOM "beep beep" BOOM :trollface: . And it was boring like hell -_-

Overdoziz

Banned
well, they're designed to stop enemy aircraft from spawn camping. and they really need to block that Kharg AA, it's annoying to be getting ticked at B/C and going near D when someone is on is like asking for it.
I wish they were actually useful against jets, though.

Also, trying to get the Squad Deathmatch medal on your own can be quite frustrating. I did have a nice streak of about 6 games where I went ~28-2 every game, though. We won every of them except one in which we lost by a single kill. One match on Caspian I had a killstreak of 29 with whatever tank is on that map. It's so easy to get many kills with the vehicle in SDM if there's no team really working together to try and take it down.

tn2007

Thanks for the compliment JJD. I feel the same when playing with you, boatack, olimpia, faceless and rest of team GAF. The game is so much more enjoyable playing with you guys. I do wish more people would return like ejas, rockscar, danthaman, hunting. Because it's hard to find GAF members that play regularly. Team GAF needs to represent!!!!

TheSeks

Does anyone know if the Limited Edition codes would still be valid if I purchased a new copy?

You mean VIP? I don't see why they wouldn't as it hasn't been a year. But good luck finding those since they were first print-run only.

JJD

You mean VIP? I don't see why they wouldn't as it hasn't been a year. But good luck finding those since they were first print-run only.

They weren't even first print. I preordered my copy months prior to release, and finally when the game launched I received a regular edition.

Retailer argued that they were told that they would receive the Limited Edition, but in the end they didn't receive a single LE copy as the demand was too high and not all copies of the first run would contain the B2K expansion. I was really pissed!

Vasilisk, I'm pretty sure I've heard a Dice guy (probably Zhinto) comment that they were looking at balancing some requisites for ribbons and medals and that M-com defender was one among then. I don't know if it's included in the next patch though.

I saw three copies at Target for $50.99.

It would be cheaper to just buy the regular edition at around 30 bucks and just get the B2K DLC online.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Thanks for the compliment JJD. I feel the same when playing with you, boatack, olimpia, faceless and rest of team GAF. The game is so much more enjoyable playing with you guys. I do wish more people would return like ejas, rockscar, danthaman, hunting. Because it's hard to find GAF members that play regularly. Team GAF needs to represent!!!!

DICE would either have to finally address the PS3 controls or release a BC1 map pack for me to be interested. (lol, neither of these things will ever happen going by their track record -- they love to release money grab expansions that are ghost towns after a few weeks and don't fit into normal rotation -- perfect example is BF3:CoD map pack dropping as the first of the new DLC SMH)

I heard some stuff about custom servers the other day... but not following this thread or BF anymore so don't know the details. Being able to create a heavily customized server might be another way to spark interest. Just get rid of the maps/equipment that sucks and then maybe I could look past the game's other issues.

TheSeks

They need to fix the input lag and flashlights and frag rounds before I consider it. I'd only get the CQC pack for the SPAS-12. Otherwise it can fuck off to whatever corner of a digital closet it can collect dust with it's frag/rpg/frag ground spam.

tn2007

I had fun playing with kuri and olimpia tonight. Kuri, keep it dude because your getting better everytime I play with you. Olimpia, thanks to you we won those last two rounds even though our team sucked. I'll be on tomorrow around 5pm est and maybe 1pm est if anyone wants to play.

Btw does anyone play without aim assist on? I turned it off yesterday and it's kinda harder because of the input lag. But I'm going to keep
It off for a week to see how my accuracy goes.

olimpia84

I had fun playing with kuri and olimpia tonight. Kuri, keep it dude because your getting better everytime I play with you. Olimpia, thanks to you we won those last two rounds even though our team sucked. I'll be on tomorrow around 5pm est and maybe 1pm est if anyone wants to play.

Btw does anyone play without aim assist on? I turned it off yesterday and it's kinda harder because of the input lag. But I'm going to keep
It off for a week to see how my accuracy goes.

That Kharg round was memorable...epic comeback and win. ROFLMAO at that stupid SOG clan. They couldn't win even after they called reinforcements after that Canals game AND having a "spy" in our team who handed them our tank in that Kharg round...lol what an idiot.

JJD

That Kharg round was memorable...epic comeback and win. ROFLMAO at that stupid SOG clan. They couldn't win even after they called reinforcements after that Canals game AND having a "spy" in our team who handed them our tank in that Kharg round...lol what an idiot.

Holy shit!!! What a bunch of losers!!! Arghhh I'm always complaining that I can't find people playing anymore and then you guys get online, play some great games and I can't join because my GF wanted to see some stupid romcom! :-(

Persona7

Banned
It would be cheaper to just buy the regular edition at around 30 bucks and just get the B2K DLC online.

It was actually 34.98! I guess they didn't update the clearance sticker. I got the FINAL copy. I guess I lucked out because when I checked the day before one of the copies looked like it had been smashed, I guess someone bought them or were pulled.

Awesome.

Top Bottom