• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nostalgia~4ever said:
I also hope there are weather effects, but DICE seems afraid of destroying the balance in MP.

And who can blame them? But at least an option for server hosters or admins to turn weather effects on / off.

charsace

DarkChild said:
I am not wrong, Killzone titles are fully deferred shading.Dunno about Viva Pinat,but I'm inclined to believe its not.

About GTA IV and Deus Ex,they are deferred lighting, Uncharted 2 is light pre pass for example.Dead Space is deferred shading though definitely.

And there is a difference between light pre pass,deferred lighting and deferred shading.
http://gameangst.com/?p=141
No, you're wrong. GG has papers out there on what they did and its deferred lighting. They have an official document where they only mention doing lighting calculations. Viva Pinata is deferred shading. So is Splinter Cell Conviction. Deadspace is deferred lighting.

demolitio

Wow. Could you imagine having a dogfight through a heavy thunderstorm? Low visibility with lightning that makes it hard to see every time it flashes. That would be insane to have a battle through that...

fifasnipe2224 said:
And who can blame them? But at least an option for server hosters or admins to turn weather effects on / off.

yeah there were pondering for a while having actual earthquakes in MP, but I think it was never realized due to disturb the balance.

would have been cool though. hopefully it atleast arrives through DLC.

woober

demolitio said:
Wow. Could you imagine having a dogfight through a heavy thunderstorm? Low visibility with lightning that makes it hard to see every time it flashes. That would be insane to have a battle through that...

I'd love to see lightning with the FB2 engine. Imagine a whole city lighting up.

ChiefKief

Banned
The wait for this beta (or at least a beta announcement) is pushing me away from giving a fuck about this game until release day.

Sethos

Banned
ChiefKief said:
The wait for this beta (or at least a beta announcement) is pushing me away from giving a fuck about this game until release day.

Maybe it's time to step back and take a deep breath then.

We're all anxious about this but turning impatience into anger is stupid.

woober said:
I'd love to see lightning with the FB2 engine. Imagine a whole city lighting up.

bf3-2c8pk.gif

Kyaw

Just found out that my ISP is only putting up the broadband on the 22nd of September.

Beta on the 25th of September. BELIEVE. (it's also my birthday)

I'll be so screwed if the beta comes before 22nd... :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
demolitio said:

woober said:
I'd love to see lighting with the FB2 engine. Imagine a whole city lighting up.

Exactly! Oh and don't forget snow.

Goddamn thinking about it makes me quite sad.

Sethos

Banned
fifasnipe2224 said:
Any one else thing the dog fight seem...... a bit slow? Jets dont seem to be hitting any type of high speed.

Again, they fly faster than BF2. The view distance is much higher which means that crappy sense of speed you got from BF2 is gone. Thirdly there's a little thing called balance, you can't have jets in a game like this go a million miles per hour.

Arnie

Kyaw said:
Just found out that my ISP is only putting up the broadband on the 22nd of September.

Beta on the 25th of September. BELIEVE. (it's also my birthday)

I'll be so screwed if the beta comes before 22nd... :(
I'm in exactly the same situation, move into a new house around the 19th so I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get the internet up. Bad news for my hoped of playing the Beta and Gears 3.

Kyaw

Arnie said:
I'm in exactly the same situation, move into a new house around the 19th so I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get the internet up. Bad news for my hoped of playing the Beta and Gears 3.

I was supposed to have it up by the 13th but no one is at home on that date, so it's moved back to 22nd.

Life without online games and heavy browsing sucks. :(

Sethos

Banned
I'm also changing ISP and there's no certain date yet, so that might interfere with the Beta as well.

Oh well, at least I'm going from a terrible ISP on a 15/2 connection to a decent ISP on a 30/4

RJNavarrete said:
I'm on 360. Wish I was getting 1943 :/
While getting it for free would be ideal (not for me as I've had the game since it was released) I would still suggest buying it from the marketplace.
It's been out for a couple of years and the online is still busy. Never have a difficult time finding a match (not the same story on the PS3 nowadays from what I've heard).

Kibbles

Broman1978 said:
I play alot BC2 on Xbox 360 and as long BF3 will look better than BC2 on Xbox 360 I am really happy, because I still think BC 2 looks really great=)
Same here, I love BC2. The blowing sand and smoke and such is awesome while wreaking havoc on maps like Arica Harbor and Oasis.

RJNavarrete said:
What's the best place to pre-order this? Anyone offering bonuses/incentives?

http://battlefieldo.com/bf3-pre-order-bonuses-announced/

If you preorder from Best Buy, you will receive the SPECACT kit (like in BC2), which gives you an alternate set of player skins (8 in total, purely cosmetic) for each class, as well as Back to Karkand.

Preordering from GameStop will get you Back to Karkand, the Physical Warfare pack, and for PowerUp Rewards members only, a free digital copy of the Prima strategy guide to BF3.

If you preorder Battlefield 3 from Amazon, you’ll get Back to Karkand and a set of five unique dog tags you can use to represent yourself ingame.

DarkChild said:
I am not wrong, Killzone titles are fully deferred shading.Dunno about Viva Pinat,but I'm inclined to believe its not.

About GTA IV and Deus Ex,they are deferred lighting, Uncharted 2 is light pre pass for example.Dead Space is deferred shading though definitely.

And there is a difference between light pre pass,deferred lighting and deferred shading.
http://gameangst.com/?p=141

Now you guys can fight with actual information instead of your wikipedia programming knowledge!

http://www.guerrilla-games.com/publications/dr_kz2_rsx_dev07.pdf

Keep in mind preordering from Origin will get you B2K, Physical Warfare AND 48 hour beta access. Some of us got a free game deal with it, too.

DanielJr82

A27 Tawpgun said:
Question: When is the beta and how do I get in.

Console Peasant 360 here.
Speculation is late September. If you bought Medal of Honor you get early access, but everybody can get in.

ChiefKief

Banned
Yamaha98 said:
Have PS3, so if I preorder from Origin I will get a D/L code to get digital copy from PSN?

I don't actually know for a fact whatsoever, but in an attempt to answer you, I don't think you'd be able to use whatever they give you on Origin to download the game on the PS3, although I might be wrong.

drexplora

are there any differences between pre-ordering the physical copy or the digital version through origin?

If i choose to pre order a physical copy of the game will i still get the physical warfare pack and early beta access?

Eric WK

drexplora said:
are there any differences between pre-ordering the physical copy or the digital version through origin?

If i choose to pre order a physical copy of the game will i still get the physical warfare pack and early beta access?

*Early Beta Access and Physical Warfare Pack are available with PC Digital Download only.

drexplora

Eric WK said:
*Early Beta Access and Physical Warfare Pack are available with PC Digital Download only.

wut i thought, lame!

also if u go with the free shipping they provide with orders over $39.99 (3-4 day shipping) the game dont ship till release date so dat means the game will arrive a couple days after that? 30th :eek:

Does origin have an option for pre-shipping to recieve the game on the 25th?
i think amazon does something like that.

LordCanti

-Pyromaniac- said:
Is anyone else probably skipping the beta to go in fresh at launch?

( ゚д゚)

drexplora said:
wut i thought, lame!

also if u go with the free shipping they provide with orders over $39.99 (3-4 day shipping) the game dont ship till release date so dat means the game will arrive a couple days after that? 30th :eek:

Does origin have an option for pre-shipping to recieve the game on the 25th?
i think amazon does something like that.

With Origin you just download the game....Why would you buy a physical copy from them?

DSN2K said:
so let me get this straight, some point this month regardless of if you have preordered or not the beta will be open to you ?

Origin Pre-Orderers and MOH:LE purchasers get 48 hours of early access. After those 48 hours are up, the beta is open to everyone.

DSN2K

so let me get this straight, some point this month regardless of if you have preordered or not the beta will be open to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom