• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
Yay!

24d3g.gif

Izayoi

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Good to know. Hopefully it won't unbalance things too much toward one team's gear over the other's.
From the Alpha, it seems pretty much even balance-wise.

I prefer the feel of some of the US weapons, but I don't think it's because they're more powerful or anything.

Nostalgia~4ever said:
co-op will have its own campaign on 10 missions.
I know, but he was asking about couch co-op. I don't think anything has been said regarding that yet.

zh1nt0 said:
Oh don´t worry.

Usually event setups takes a lot of people to run them. For Dreamhack, updates didn´t hit the wire as much as E3 since:

- Footage was already shown at E3
- We didn´t have a designated person
- I didn´t have time since I was the one running the whole setup for BF3 @ Dreamhack

Gamescom:

- My goal is to make sure you people get to know what´s going on on the main showfloor and as always, in the community lounge.
- Have designated people reporting to you

A lot of interviews and info will be spread through the internet anyway by many gaming sites

oh where is my facepalm. Interviews on showfloor again. noooooo.jpg

Kyaw

Nostalgia~4ever said:
oh where is my facepalm. Interviews on showfloor again. noooooo.jpg

But the sweet trailers and conquest footage will be in the EA conference?

Showfloor is for GAFfers to record.

Nekrono

Chinner said:
so does anyone know if dd not from origin/ retail copies of bf3 force you to use origin?
Some people say yes some people say no, we don't have an official answer right now and I really doubt we get one until the game releases, now after being in alpha I can tell you that I'm 99% positive it will "force" you to use Origin or at least install it, the thing is you can launch the game from the battlelog website on your browser and I assume from the game itself as well since there will most likely be an in game menu to do this from.

But chances are both will require Origin to be installed.

Izayoi

Banned
Nekrono said:
Some people say yes some people say no, we don't have an official answer right now and I really doubt we get one until the game releases, now after being in alpha I can tell you that I'm 99% positive it will "force" you to use Origin or at least install it, the thing is you can launch the game from the battlelog website on your browser and I assume from the game itself as well since there will most likely be an in game menu to do this from.

But chances are both will require Origin to be installed.
I really, really doubt that you will require Origin if you buy from a non-Origin retailer or DD service. Everything is handled through Battlelog. For the alpha, Origin did literally nothing but open the web browser and launch the game, and it only launched the game because it was installed through Origin.

Izayoi

Banned
Manager said:
Were those unlocked from the start? Didn't see them. If not, how long did it take to unlock them?
They were an unlock for the Support class and took something like a total of ~30,000 points in Support, IIRC.

Nabs

Izayoi said:
I really, really doubt that you will require Origin if you buy from a non-Origin retailer or DD service. Everything is handled through Battlelog. For the alpha, Origin did literally nothing but open the web browser and launch the game, and it only launched the game because it was installed through Origin.
EADM/Origin usually installs a game and leaves you alone when you're done. I hope they return to that for the retail.

mr_nothin

Banned
Izayoi said:
They were an unlock for the Support class and took something like a total of ~30,000 points in Support, IIRC.
I think it was actually 130,000 points. I know it took a while to get them.
LAV also had a few unlocks such as the AT missle/machine gun and this nightvision like overlay that made it easier to see warm bodies.

Izayoi

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I think it was actually 130,000 points. I know it took a while to get them.
LAV also had a few unlocks such as the AT missle/machine gun and this nightvision like overlay that made it easier to see warm bodies.
Was it that many points? I unlocked it pretty quickly. I really thought it was less.

Huh.

mr_nothin

Banned
Izayoi said:
Was it that many points? I unlocked it pretty quickly. I really thought it was less.

Huh.
I could be mistaking it for claymore. But I remember claymores being really high and 130k wasnt that high. Idk, I think LordCa....I mean his 'friend' BulletSmurf unlocked c4 & claymores so maybe he can clarify.

Nabs

damn, the hud would piss me off at that res. i almost forgot i used to play bc2 at 5:4 when it launched.

mr_nothin

Banned
Nabs said:
damn, the hud would piss me off at that res. i almost forgot i used to play bc2 at 5:4 when it launched.
I was stuck on a crappy monitor for the time being :/
It wasnt bad while playing though. Figures that I was able to get a new 16:9 right after the beta ended lol

Nabs

mr_nothin said:
I was stuck on a crappy monitor for the time being :/
It wasnt bad while playing though. Figures that I was able to get a new 16:9 right after the beta ended lol
it'll be like you're playing a diff. game during the upcoming beta. cool shit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Early morning coffee mode here

Why is it that a thread like has to have one of those BF3 Gamescom beta co op OT of bla bla bla. Just name it normal! I already dislike the whole "of" thing in OT's as it is.

Moaradin

Well, I pre-ordered BF3 on Origin for the free game deal. Medal of Honor should satisfy my BF3 fix until September right?

probably not

LowParry

Moaradin said:
Well, I pre-ordered BF3 on Origin for the free game deal. Medal of Honor should satisfy my BF3 fix until September right?

probably not

Should of got Dead Space 2 :D

Phandy

Sethos said:

My favorite class confirmed.
I can see it now....

Until they nerfed the throwing of c4 in bf2, it was probably my most kills weapon, besides the g36. That shit was just god like - nothing beat throwing a piece of c4 over a fence into a whole squad on the other side, then BOOM! Beautiful.

This year with BF3 and RO2 is just gonna be TOO good for multiplayer PC games.

Sethos

Banned
Demize99 Alan Kertz
Best use for Load Times? Answering Twitter. Sadly, I can only answer a few, fortunately I load a ton.

Tons of loading times confirmed for Battlefield 3.

( Yes, I'm joking )

mr_nothin said:
Yes

*craters*
Hard to tell, but maybe a little deeper than the ones in BC2. In BC2 you can sit down in them and basically your shoulders will be above ground level.
Izayoi said:
I'm really happy that terrain deformation is back. I missed it in BC2.
Que? I believe some areas can't be affected, but there 100% most definitely is terrain deformation in BC2.

Izayoi said:
I'm really happy that terrain deformation is back. I missed it in BC2.
It is in BC2. I just had to drive over a bumpy, crater packed road in the first section of Oasis after we capped the first base. The circle strafing chopper overhead made short work of once flat road.

Prologue

Izayoi said:

I might have asked this before but I can't find that post or search for it due to lost post count T_T.

Is your avatar from any particular anime? :p

LiquidMetal14 said:
Early morning coffee mode here

Why is it that a thread like has to have one of those BF3 Gamescom beta co op OT of bla bla bla. Just name it normal! I already dislike the whole "of" thing in OT's as it is.

BKFrWl.jpg

Keasar

Anyone know if a swedish store is offering the game with the Physical Warfare pack? All stores I have looked through right now only offers it with the goddamn Specact pack. :/

Probably will have to order this from the UK or something to get it.

ok this is the info i found in an older thread.

-Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
-Frostbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
-Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.

so basically it is the lightning in BF3 that really destroys BC2.

Sethos

Banned
Then again, wasn't the lighting in BC2 just one big ass baked source and a few yellow lights for the explosions :p ?

here is more:

-Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
-Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
-AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
-No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
-Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
-Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
-Plan on better, more immediate post release content

Izayoi

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
Hard to tell, but maybe a little deeper than the ones in BC2. In BC2 you can sit down in them and basically your shoulders will be above ground level.

Que? I believe some areas can't be affected, but there 100% most definitely is terrain deformation in BC2.
Darkshier said:
It is in BC2. I just had to drive over a bumpy, crater packed road in the first section of Oasis after we capped the first base. The circle strafing chopper overhead made short work of once flat road.
I definitely don't remember it, and I've played tons of BC2. Maybe it's just really subtle or something, to the point of being merely cosmetic, because I was definitely never able to make my own cover by blowing holes in the ground like I can in BF3.

Prologue said:
Is your avatar from any particular anime? :p
Yes. She's Iori Minase from the iDOLM@STER, a game-turned-anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom