• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kyaw said:
I just hope SP is a meaty campaign with many authentically cool moments like MoH.
I hope so. MoH's tone was great. If BF3's is similar but just a bit longer, more polished, and on a larger scale it could be absolutely fantastic.

The SP footage hasn't done it for me so far. The set pieces looked really cool, but nothing has really got me excited.

I hope it's good because BC2 has such a shit SP. DICE need to prove they can make a good SP experience to me.

Kyaw

RoboPlato said:
I hope so. MoH's tone was great. If BF3's is similar but just a bit longer, more polished, and on a larger scale it could be absolutely fantastic.

With JETS, TANKS and Helicopters! I can't wait.

Kyaw said:
They have yet to announce whether you can play Single Player without Battlelog or not.

They should have locked these issues down before people started doubting... SMH @ DICE

Dammit, I totally read something on this yesterday that confirmed you do NOT have to be online to play SP. I think it was a summary of an interview or Q&A. I'll try to find it.

LordCanti said:
Mr. Snrub, where are you. We've got more responsibilities for you to take upon yourself
for us to force on you

lol.gif

I'm a bit of an Origin noob, but I'll see about making a group tonight, at work now. Origin doesn't have an online component where I could make this, does it?

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
Dammit, I totally read something on this yesterday that confirmed you do NOT have to be online to play SP. I think it was a summary of an interview or Q&A. I'll try to find it.

lol.gif

I'm a bit of an Origin noob, but I'll see about making a group tonight, at work now. Origin doesn't have an online component where I could make this, does it?

Nope. Going to have to create a spreadsheet or something.

I think I heard about battlelog having clan functionality for the final game, and my hope is that it would let you import all your friends from Origin into a battlelog clan. I'm not holding my breath though.

Gonna at least keep a list of GAF's Origin names for those interested in BF3:

GAF name | Origin name

Kyaw | kyaw25
Lord Canti | BulletSmurf
dragonelite | BlackwaterEl1te
ChiefKief | ArchangelHavok
Menelaus | RagnarLodbrokPC
Confidence Man | TheConfidenceMan
PaNaMa | byrneo
DTKT | DTKT
Giriath_89 | Giriath
Jas | ejas
dangerbyrnes | dangerbyrnes
PNstyle | pnnn
Mendelevium | Mendelevius2
SUBZERO-08 | SUBZERO-8K
KingOfKong | MustacheBandit
JackEtc | Jaklap
Foliorum Viridum | FoliorumV
Grizznkev | sonicmaster326
Glassboy | Glassboylives
iSurvivedTheOutage | I_NEED_MINES
Nostalgia~4ever | nostalgia~4ever
snack | chickenfox
Yaska | Yaska
belvedere | Belvedere350
Keasar | Keasar
n0n44m | n0n44m
Arcipello | Arcipello
fin | Finjitzu
Legato.Reborn- | LegatoReborn
Mr. Snrub | Anton_Sugar

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:

Kyaw | kyaw25
Lord Canti | BulletSmurf

as for the recon discussion, i agree that they should have one shot kills. however, i think they should up the degree of difficulty to a more realistic setting instead of point and shoot. for example, they should put into factor of wind, recoil, scope bobbing. that way the recon class will be much deeper and only real skilled snipers would apply. with that, long distance shots will be really difficult and a kill in that range takes a lot more skill than anything but rewarding. and a headshot will be even more so.

Sethos

Banned
macfoshizzle said:
as for the recon discussion, i agree that they should have one shot kills. however, i think they should up the degree of difficulty to a more realistic setting instead of point and shoot. for example, they should put into factor of wind, recoil, scope bobbing. that way the recon class will be much deeper and only real skilled snipers would apply. with that, long distance shots will be really difficult and a kill in that range takes a lot more skill than anything but rewarding. and a headshot will be even more so.

Aw hell no, then in a week people will learn to accommodate all those 'realistic' effects and once again snipers will ruin a perfectly good game.

macfoshizzle said:

They do have one shot kills.... aim for the head. The challenge of wind,etc is basically having to get a very good shot on a dudes head instead of just learning a sweet spot. Even with realistic sniper effects, players tend to just learn the sweet aim spot to always hit. A game would need actual alternating windage that a person has to compensate for.

Mr. Snrub said:

Kyaw | kyaw25
Lord Canti | BulletSmurf
PaNaMa | byrneo
DTKT | DTKT

Giriath_89 | Giriath

BattleMonkey said:
They do have one shot kills.... aim for the head. The challenge of wind,etc is basically having to get a very good shot on a dudes head instead of just learning a sweet spot. Even with realistic sniper effects, players tend to just learn the sweet aim spot to always hit. A game would need actual alternating windage that a person has to compensate for.

yeah or a headshot will do too lol.

i don't think it will be that easy though. with the scope constantly moving, add recoil, bullet drop, and wind, it's extremely hard to hit a target, let alone a moving target.

GAF Origin list:
Kyaw | kyaw25
Lord Canti | BulletSmurf
PaNaMa | byrneo
DTKT | DTKT
PNstyle | pnnn

JackEtc

Why not just make a community thread or something?

Either way (I'm never really on Origin but will be for BF3):

JackEtc | Jaklap

Origin shows no members called "FoliorumViridum" yet it won't let me take the name or any variation of it.

Er :\ I dislike it already.

Edit: Okay, FoliorumV works. I guess that will have to do.

Nabs said:
yeah, fuck that shit

lol.gif

Kyaw said:
These lists never work... *looks at Alpha list*

Well, to be fair, Battlelog was in it's infancy. I played with a few gaffers, I just think everyone was focused on OMG ALPHA and not too much on joining with other people.

JackEtc said:
Why not just make a community thread or something?

I mean, I guess we could? I was just gonna start adding peeps to Origin. Just seems too soon for a community thread...

Maybe we're just starved for BF3 news already and want to waste time productively.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Origin shows no members called "FoliorumViridum" yet it won't let me take the name or any variation of it.

Er :\ I dislike it already.

Edit: Okay, FoliorumV works. I guess that will have to do.
Oh that was you, sorry brah.

LordCanti

PjotrStroganov said:
I have some weird Origin name that I didn't want to use.

Maybe PjotrStroganov works anyway, as I use it for several profiles in the same account.

Does not return any results when searched for.

SUBZERO-08 said:
SUBZERO-08 | SUBZERO-8K

Can't find you on Origin. Are you sure that is your origin account name?

Nabs said:
yeah, fuck that shit

Is he amazing at the game or something? I'm intrigued now.

PNstyle said:
GAF Origin list:
Kyaw | kyaw25
Lord Canti | BulletSmurf
PaNaMa | byrneo
DTKT | DTKT
PNstyle | pnnn

nostalgia~4ever

GrizzNKev

Banned
LordCanti said:
I logged in fine. Are you sure you're entering in the correct info?

Ended up having to change my password, even though I already did that after the hacking fiasco. Whatever, everything is fine now.

LordCanti

Nostalgia~4ever said:
nostalgia~4ever

Nothing comes up when searching for that name, with or without the ~. Nothing comes up when searching for nostalgia either.

I'm starting to think that you guys have some privacy setting turned on, where people can't find you by searching. I refuse to believe that 3+ people so far have just given the incorrect name.

Try going to "settings > Privacy > "Control Which Account People Can Use to Find You" and make sure "Origin ID" is checked

LordCanti said:
Does not return any results when searched for.

Can't find you on Origin. Are you sure that is your origin account name?

Is he amazing at the game or something? I'm intrigued now.

I just added you. Random name showed up I guess?:p

GrizzNKev

Banned
Friend requests incoming...

Hoping to relive the massive fun of the alpha I had playing with a bunch of you. I'm really looking forward to the beta.

My experience with Origin so far is not good.

All of these different EA identities etc is just retarded. I don't think it let me use FoliorumViridum because that was my Battlefield: BC2 one.

LordCanti

Foliorum Viridum said:
My experience with Origin so far is not good.

All of these different EA identities etc is just retarded. I don't think it let me use FoliorumViridum because that was my Battlefield: BC2 one.

I wouldn't be surprised. I really hope that BF3 has support for different soldier profiles.

Kyaw said:
What sucks is that you can't upload a image from your HDD as your avatar on Origin... :/

I'm noticing that there is no such thing as a mass game invite either. Maybe that is why DICE created Battlelog...because EA just wasn't doing enough with Origin.

LordCanti said:
I wouldn't be surprised. I really hope that BF3 has support for different soldier profiles..
Now I can't seem to change my Origin name, either, to try something else.

It's just clearly not very well thought out at all. This a Steam beater? Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom