• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Good morning.

Will there be any GAF clan or something like that? I am here daily and would like to play as a team. I am honing my fps skills in
resistance2 mp
now.

Xux

red731 said:
Good morning.

Will there be any GAF clan or something like that? I am here daily and would like to play as a team. I am honing my fps skills in
resistance2 mp
now.

There's a pretty big group here that plays BC2 on PS3 and I'm sure a lot of them are gonna get BF3.

red731

I will check the community forum. Thank you.

Either way, if anyone wants to add me on ps3, check my profile, then check the games I have on ps3, then check my profile again and then diamonds..

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Xux said:
I think every attacker that lets the defenders steal the LAV on that map should get punched in the balls.

Misuse of vehicles is the greatest sin in Battlefield. It is unforgivable.

red731 said:
I will check the community forum. Thank you.

Either way, if anyone wants to add me on ps3, check my profile, then check the games I have on ps3, then check my profile again and then diamonds..

Add me, red... that will get you into PS3Gaf. Once you get into our games you can start sending FR's. You could also use the list. :)

Xux

Ubersnug said:
Unless I have missed it, has Dice or EA gave us a date when the beta is due to start yet?

Nope; in fact, they reiterated today on Twitter that it's still officially just "September".

Xux

Dug said:
Is there a big 360 group? :D

There isn't one, is there? :(

I'm pretty sure there is. I know there's a GAF account you can friend just for joining sessions of GAFers. I dunno what the name is, though.

Keasar said:
I am not sure, at least I remember being able to crawl under veichles to take cover but everytime they drive and I was beneath them I would die.

Might be because it was jumping around and driving through tables.

Keasar said:
I am not sure, at least I remember being able to crawl under veichles to take cover but everytime they drive and I was beneath them I would die.

It works, but it is tricky. I managed to survive underneath an enemy tank for almost 2 or 3 minutes picking off infantry while evading the tank as good as possible. When my team arrived they blew the tank up while I tried to crawl out under it but I got killed as well.

YoungFa

Keasar said:
Really? I seem to remember Jumping in front of tanks as a spec op, get prone and let them try to roadkill me and until they realised they didn't kill me ive already put a shitload of c4 under their ride. Might be that it only worked with certain vehicles. (You have to lay straight under it, if a part of your body is touching the wheels or tread your dead.)

normal.jpg

man this game looks so good. Looks like concept art, but it is infact realtime graphics of the landscape.

Spl1nter

gibon3z said:
I am actually quite glad DICE is taking drastic measures to ensure the recon class is not overused and over powered.

In Bc2 the recon class was the jack of all trades class, it excelled at every aspect of the game from close quarters to long distance to anti vehicle work.

Look forward to less recons in Bf3. They made Bc2 intolerable at times.

I honestly do not know how people think recon was the most overpowered class in BC2. Did you ever play the game as recon because it is the weakest class in the game. The only thing it has going for it is motion mines and a ohk radius on the bolt actions. The semi-auto sniper rifles are useless. Long range you got an advantage with the bolt actions but at close to medium range because if they hit you once you cant aim anymore. Any player who is smart enough and recognizes that a player is trying to abuse the ohk just needs to slightly adjust their playstyle and you are fucked (hint armor). The mortar strike is complete hit or miss (about 90% miss) and c4 has a better chance of magically killing you or not detonating than taking out an opponent.

Kyaw

''Be advised, #BF3 MP Radio VO now no longer contains redundant amounts of "Be advised" or "over", over.''

From the VO guy's twitter.

Jas

SirButterstick said:
I believe it's 100% :) When I ordered, I remember reading something about a preload.

Origin said:
Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch
Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

Yep :) I pre-ordered from Origin too.

LordCanti

Sethos said:
Bleh

By the way, anyone know what the chances are for a pre-load on Origin?

We'll pre-load days early, so that the servers can crash and burn day one. At least we'll have the single player to keep us company.

Wait a minute...

I just realized something... This is going to blow all of your minds...

Since the game (single and multiplayer) launches from Battlelog...and Battlelog is a website...this game is dependent on an online site working for even single player.

If their servers go down, kiss single-player goodbye (unless I'm looking at this wrong).

Kyaw

They have yet to announce whether you can play Single Player without Battlelog or not.

They should have locked these issues down before people started doubting... SMH @ DICE

Sethos

Banned
Okay, good news on the pre-load.

And we have no idea how Battlelog might work. Could easily be a local HTML / Cached version that allows you to launch SP and still maintain saves but then you might have an online mode for MP, stat tracking, cloud saves etc. so it'll be an offline page until you click something that requires online.

LordCanti

Kyaw said:
They have yet to announce whether you can play Single Player without Battlelog or not.

They should have locked these issues down before people started doubting... SMH @ DICE

I hope we can, because you know their servers are going to be fucked on day one (if not week one...month one...)

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm glad I went retail because fuck me are those servers going to be hammered!

But there IS preload! Mwahahaha. Enjoy getting the disc on/after release date when we can be playing at midnight! :p

(servers for MP may or may not be shit at launch)

belvedere

Junior Butler
Yeah, there's definitely a pre-load.

IIRC, it's days before launch, so hopefully that can give them a window to stretch out all the downloads.

Kyaw said:
But there IS preload! Mwahahaha. Enjoy getting the disc on/after release date when we can be playing at midnight! :p

It's my birthday on the 28th, so I won't be playing it on day 1, anyway.

Hangover cure for the weekend :p

Sethos

Banned
"Thankfully" it's the 27th over here. My Birthday is on the 25th which is the US date, was planning to take a sick day or two around release and that's just dodgy on your birthday >.>

So, sick day is back in!

Kyaw

So, even Origin version in UK comes out on the 28th instead of 25th for US peeps?

I hope not, that way i can finish SP over the week and do MP in the weekend.

@ Lord Canti, i just hope i can actually launch the Beta unlike the Alpha which i couldn't launch.

LordCanti

Kyaw said:

I'm hoping they'll be stable for pre-loaders. Then again, everyone has to use Origin, which makes...well...everyone a potential pre-loader, I'd think (except the people buying boxed copies). With a PC game, aren't most sales digital these days?

I just hope the beta goes off without a hitch. I need that sweet goodness in my eye and ear holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom