• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

GAF doesnt really need the money. Evilore probably wouldnt even accept it.

Personally, I would prefer utilizing the money for micro loans through an organization such as Kiva. Allows us to continue to have the money for future possible use in the GAF community while still helping out people. Its kind of hard for me to support Child's play when they only have a single hospital they support in the global south along with a very strong support network in the video game community.

Dries

Huh, is it just me, cause I'm noticing some mouse stuttering right now. But it was fixed a long time ago. Has it come back?

I applied to join Neogaf Active Platoon, I think I'm back in. I threw money at my attendance problem and went with premium.

This and tribes are all that I can see myself playing shooting wise at this point, and I'm currently burnt on tribes.

Class_A_Ninja

I can sit for hours and just shoot shells from long distance at helicopters. It doesn't help my

team in any way but I do get excited when I finally hit something.

demolitio

I applied to join as well from NA East. Name is "Demolitio" on there as well so feel free to add me if you want to play. I play nightly again now that I'm back from my latest batch of surgeries and I'm having a blast but need GOOD teamplayers in my squad. Tired of trying to capture points alone or relying on a shitty gunner in the helo who is more concerned with trivial shit than helping the team by providing real support.

scogoth

I applied to join as well from NA East. Name is "Demolitio" on there as well so feel free to add me if you want to play. I play nightly again now that I'm back from my latest batch of surgeries and I'm having a blast but need GOOD teamplayers in my squad. Tired of trying to capture points alone or relying on a shitty gunner in the helo who is more concerned with trivial shit than helping the team by providing real support.

Best join GAF Active Platoon and add everyone there as a friend. Also download mumble if you haven't already. Spl1nter, Norua and Doomed are on mumble most nights. I won't be playing this month but I'll be on most nights after July is over.

I got the game working again!

With most games that means nothing. With this game thats quite an achievement.

demolitio

Yea, I joined the platoon and will start adding people next I guess. I just had one of my rare matches where I had the scout helicopter and I forgot how insanely fun the AH-6 was. Nonstop infantry and helicopter kills as I mow them down and I realized it's the most satisfying vehicle in the game when you get a kill, especially killing a whole squad rushing a flag. Finally got some AA time in as well and was 14-0 early on and then I realized why I could never get the damn thing...Because it's extremely easy to get kills in, especially on maps where there's a lot of cover so the enemy can never get a lock on you in time.

It's funny how many hours I've sunk into this game and those are the only two vehicles I'm still unlocking things for so I figured the double XP week could help me out there since I'd never rank them up otherwise since they're always taken.

Ocho

Applied to join the active platoon.

My username is ochob1t and I've played with the 360 GAF crew for a while, but I recently made the switch to the master race and in need of a decent crew to play with.

Roche

I applied to joint the active soldiers platoon and I'll add you guys on Battle Log, I need to stop playing with random squad mates.

Also I was wondering do you guys ever have issues when closing this game? It seems every single time I close this game my entire computer becomes unresponsive for like 5 minutes. My computer is fairly capable of running the game it just doesn't seem to handle shutting it down very well.

abusori

Also I was wondering do you guys ever have issues when closing this game? It seems every single time I close this game my entire computer becomes unresponsive for like 5 minutes. My computer is fairly capable of running the game it just doesn't seem to handle shutting it down very well.

How much RAM do you have? I had 4GB and couldn't alt-tab out without it crashing, and had the same problem after closing it that you do. I bought an 8GB kit and now it's perfect.

Also I'll probably be joining you guys soon; I recently got back into the game.

Roche

How much RAM do you have? I had 4GB and couldn't alt-tab out without it crashing, and had the same problem after closing it that you do. I bought an 8GB kit and now it's perfect.

Also I'll probably be joining you guys soon; I recently got back into the game.

Yeah I'm using 4GB, I thought that'd be enough to handle pretty much any game on average setting when I bought it. I guess BF3 is pretty tough on the ol' computer.

Picked up CQ a few days back and I'm looking to get some more games in with GAFers. Getting tired of playing with randoms.

I tried the links for the servers in the OP but they're coming up as invalid. Those servers are still active, correct?

Also, I believe I ran into another GAFer while playing last night. Forgot to send a message though.

abusori

Yeah I'm using 4GB, I thought that'd be enough to handle pretty much any game on average setting when I bought it. I guess BF3 is pretty tough on the ol' computer.

Yeah, no kidding. I have a good enough PC to run the thing on ultra at 60+ fps and I still had to buy more RAM to handle it properly. I made the mistake of thinking 4GB would be enough for 5 years in terms of gaming. Nope.

I applied to join the platoon, username is absolofdoom. Just fyi, I only play on hardcore these days. I dunno if that's the general consensus around here or not.

fin

After not playing since the fall, been sticking to the console version. Just re-installed and got BF Premium. Liking the new maps so far! Fuck this game is sooo good.

mo1518

Neo Member
Mainly been a PS3 player, but recently got a gaming laptop, BF3, Premium and wallet-raped by the steam sale.

Applied to the platoon, user name is Smacktard_Sniper.

Hey all, I've added the remainder of the NeoGAF server fund ($466) to Kiva. Now I just need to pick a fund to lend to: http://www.kiva.org/lend

I guess it doesn't really matter which we lend to, but since it was everyone's money, thought I'd open it for suggestions on a fund to lend to.

scogoth

Hey all, I've added the remainder of the NeoGAF server fund ($466) to Kiva. Now I just need to pick a fund to lend to: http://www.kiva.org/lend

I guess it doesn't really matter which we lend to, but since it was everyone's money, thought I'd open it for suggestions on a fund to lend to.

Is there a service we can buy to go and smack ea executives around?

For Kiva I vote for buying livestock.
http://www.kiva.org/lend/455381

You done good, GAF. $400 donated, $60 to Kiva for operating costs.

NKlef.jpg

I feel so good about that, cool thing to do guys. Too bad the community is pretty much splintered at this point.

I figured we could hold the funds until BF4 but the wait might be too long for that.

Spl1nter

I feel so good about that, cool thing to do guys. Too bad the community is pretty much splintered at this point.

I figured we could hold the funds until BF4 but the wait might be too long for that.

Thats the nice thing about Kiva, not only are you helping people but its a loan so you are highly likely to receive the money back over time. Reason why I suggested it over pure charity donation. Already got the BF4 server money going!

LordCanti

Thats the nice thing about Kiva, not only are you helping people but its a loan so you are highly likely to receive the money back over time. Reason why I suggested it over pure charity donation. Already got the BF4 server money going!

If they don't repay us, at least an Ecuadoran family will have eggs to eat I guess (and chickens if worse comes to worst).

When we started taking donations, I would have told someone that they were nuts if they said that not only would we bring in nearly (over?) a grand in donations, but that most of it would end up going to buy chickens in Ecuador.

LogicStep

I'm having trouble finding games where I can play as if I played on a console. You know, with the default settings and what not. All I keep getting into are servers that have increased tickets, or set maps, etc. Is there a way to set it up so I just click quick match or something and it throws me into a game with default settings? It isn't fun to me to be in a game that has such an insane amount of tickets that the game lasts for way too long.

Spl1nter

I'm having trouble finding games where I can play as if I played on a console. You know, with the default settings and what not. All I keep getting into are servers that have increased tickets, or set maps, etc. Is there a way to set it up so I just click quick match or something and it throws me into a game with default settings? It isn't fun to me to be in a game that has such an insane amount of tickets that the game lasts for way too long.

If you only want 24 players than it will be quite difficult, however if you want rush or 64 player conquest there are quite a few North American servers I know of at least. Free Beer and Bourbon is one of them. Pretty sure you can also go into advanced filter settings if you want specific settings to find servers. Make sure you have full servers checked as well as the top servers could be full so you can add them to your favourites list.

LogicStep

If you only want 24 players than it will be quite difficult, however if you want rush or 64 player conquest there are quite a few North American servers I know of at least. Free Beer and Bourbon is one of them. Pretty sure you can also go into advanced filter settings if you want specific settings to find servers. Make sure you have full servers checked as well as the top servers could be full so you can add them to your favourites list.

I'm fine with 64 players, I just don't like the extra stuff.

scogoth

I'm fine with 64 players, I just don't like the extra stuff.

Click on the normal filter when searching for games. Ticket count I don't think is considered in that filter but with 64 players and default ticket counts the games are over in 10min.

Dmax3901

Hey guys. So I've yet to pick up Premium and at GMG I could get a Premium code for 20% off with their current voucher, but apparently it's only available in the US.

Two things. Firstly, I'm from Australia so if I bought NA code would it still work? (I don't see why it wouldn't)

Secondly, would any of you kind souls be willing to purchase the code for me (I can't access the NA version of GMG), I paypal you the cost, then you email the code to me?

Cheers.

Top Bottom