• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Ugh this is why I hate the server browser method compared to forced matchmaking. All these coordinated teams sit in these server browsers ready to pwn some random noobs that come in. I want to play on an evenly matched team for fuck's sake.

And of course since the server browser option is there, no one is apparently in matchmaking and therefore my browser has been sitting for 15 minutes and hasn't found a game.

Deadly

Ugh this is why I hate the server browser method compared to forced matchmaking. All these coordinated teams sit in these server browsers ready to pwn some random noobs that come in. I want to play on an evenly matched team for fuck's sake.

And of course since the server browser option is there, no one is apparently in matchmaking and therefore my browser has been sitting for 15 minutes and hasn't found a game.
If you're talking about 'quick match' it just chooses a random server based on your filters.

If you're talking about 'quick match' it just chooses a random server based on your filters.
Yep, and I have absolutely no filters on. I managed to get put into one server with Quick Match, and it was an empty server that never filled up. I was the only one there. Ever other time it just hangs on the matchmaking part.

How in the fuck do you get two equal teams together to play multiplayer in this game? It was much easier for me to do so with the console version.

scogoth

How in the fuck do you get two equal teams together to play multiplayer in this game? It was much easier for me to do so with the console version.

Easy, don't use quick match. Go to server browser and enter filters that you would like and then join populated servers. As you play more and find servers you like favourite them and then you can easily find them again. PC players generally like to be able to play on servers with rules the way they like it (we are selfish that way). As a benefit communities tend to build around a server and then you play with other players who frequent that server. My biggest regret is every other gaf bf3 player not sticking it out with our own server until a community could form.

Example of my filters
All expansions
Conquest Large or CQ Assault large
64 player servers
1-5 or 6-10 slots available
NA only
"Normal" preset (why this isn't actually normal is beyond me)
100% vehicle spawn time
100% infantry spawn time
100% player health
Punkbuster only
All maps but metro and Tehran

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How fucking badly optimized was BC2 for PC? My PC is admittedly weak, but it somehow manages to run BF3 decently, while struggling to run BC2.

scogoth

Same like 6x higher framerate. Besides why would you want to be playing bc2? Want to remember what random hit detection is like?

DTKT

Same like 6x higher framerate. Besides why would you want to be playing bc2? Want to remember what random hit detection is like?

It's not like BF3 hit detection is perfect either. It's smoother, but it doesn't always work. DICE should really fix that for BF4.

scogoth

It's not like BF3 hit detection is perfect either. It's smoother, but it doesn't always work. DICE should really fix that for BF4.

Its client side hit detection so its bang on from your perspective. Its just bullshit when you go behind cover and die from a shot that happened 3/4 of a second ago from some guy in Russia. But I'm ok with that cause its better than the alternative.

BC2 was more like perfect headshot from 3 ft away on a guy facing away from you not moving --> nope
Shoot a guy's head from 100ft away while he's moving and aim 6ft behind him --> perfect headshot.

BlueCrest

Anyone playing still, was able to get Battlefield 3 premium for 30 some days ago, would be cool if I could play with others, being lone wolf, or in a silent squad gets boring quick.

Katori

Just got Premium last month and now I love the game again. I'm still learning the ropes and unlocking stuff, but I'd love to play with GAFers. East Coast, would like to play every night, have mic will travel. Applied for the Platoon - my Origin name is Katori022. If anyone wants to play outside of the platoon go ahead and add me.

deadlast

Just got Premium last month and now I love the game again. I'm still learning the ropes and unlocking stuff, but I'd love to play with GAFers. East Coast, would like to play every night, have mic will travel. Applied for the Platoon - my Origin name is Katori022. If anyone wants to play outside of the platoon go ahead and add me.

I'm east coast and just got the game as well. Deadl4st is my origin thing.

Hope I'm in the right thread...

I have had BF3 and Premium for some months now, but rarely had time to play it.

This will be changing soon and I may even be recording some of the gameplay.

If anyone would like to play with and such, I'd love to team up with GAF and kick some ass.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hey guys, got BF3 on PC with the humble bundle, finally dipped into premium last night.

I guess you can call me LTTP. Who still plays, what do you play, and may I join you?

Red Hood

Banned
I'm
not
sorry for the bump. I'm sure people still play Battlefield 3 on PC. Where y'all at?

I've also played BF4 (+ premium) for around 30 hours but I really dislike the vast majority of the maps there. I just have vanilla BF3 now (definitely getting the premium next sale) and the vanilla stuff has like twice as many maps I like than BF4 and its premium content combined.

Anyway, who stills plays BF3 regularly?

Red Hood

Banned
Come on, guys. BF3 can't be dead on GAF? Surely some of you played BF4 for a while and came to the conclusion that you prefer BF3 -- like me.

Top Bottom