• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Demo was running on XBox One according to BF's official Twitter

You seem incredibly desperate to try & cast doubt on CBOAT's credibility, this is the second thread in which you have done so, why?

I care not of matters.
Saying it is silly is not saying he was wrong.
It probably was running on a div kit but what's more interesting is dices intentions...

Were they handicapped late in the process into not making what they thought they could! Or are they just liars?

Wow, what a bump. In hindsight, everything surrounding the Xbox One has been full of misinformation and mystery. It is really a shame.

Kacho

iT4w11LMxOkTA.gif

Perfect really.

I care not of matters.
It probably was running on a div kit but what's more interesting is dices intentions...

Were they handicapped late in the process into not making what they thought they could! Or are they just liars?

The old dev kits (if I recall correctly) were armed with GTX680s.

Wow, what a bump. In hindsight, everything surrounding the Xbox One has been full of misinformation and mystery. It is really a shame.

all launches are like that but the boat leaking so often has definitely helped the drama of this one. going to be an interesting few weeks. the regularity of the leaks is increasing,

all launches are like that but the boat leaking so often has definitely helped the drama of this one. going to be an interesting few weeks. the regularity of the leaks is increasing,

everyone seems ready for this big bomb CBOAT is sitting on (that has apparently forced Bish to start collecting canned goods, dirty magazines, and bottles of water for his bomb shelter).

I just wonder how far away CBOAT's hand is from the big red button. ;)

With extra activity from the buttocks in the past few days, it's gotta be coming.

everyone seems ready for this big bomb CBOAT is sitting on (that has apparently forced Bish to start collecting canned goods, dirty magazines, and bottles of water for his bomb shelter).

I just wonder how far away CBOAT's hand is from the big red button. ;)

With extra activity from the buttocks in the past few days, it's gotta be coming.

I hope it actually exists and isn't something people could see coming like "Bone r hevn r rod 2"

What's left to leak?

We already know:

-Most Launch-Window XB1 games will be sub-1080p.

-The XB1 OS doesn't play well with XBL.

-The stock PS4 hardware is more powerful than the XB1 hardware, even with the XB1's up-clocking the APU and it's eSRAM.

What else could possibly come out that we don't know about that will really screw up Microsoft even more than it already has?

(FORZA not being native 1080p/60fps either?)

Freki

I hope it actually exists and isn't something people could see coming like "Bone r hevn r rod 2"

I peronally hope for something like this:
"rerpae fo zomb apclse - xbne hs dedly vrus - wking ded is lik carnival in cpomarson - end is nig."

Would explain why Bish is hiding in a bunker as well...

I care not of matters.

It could simply be an ill-informed employee, Dice being overly optimistic, or perhaps they have taken some cues from MS:

"In a broader set of community, people don't pay attention to a lot of the details," said Mehdi. "We've seen it in the research, we've seen it in a lot of the data points."

Jesus, official word about this and it's assumed ea is bullshitting. Yet everyone is happy to believe the comments of a youtuber...

You would rather trust the word of people who are being paid to sell you a product over someone who is risking his/her job to warn us?

KaiserBecks

LMAO
If I were Krillek I'd just stop forever

Nothing is stopping that guy from behaving like an idiot. Couple of years ago, he got banned on a German message board (one that, unlike Neogaf, basically approves your account automatically). He returned with a different username and got called out for basically posting the same crap only "Krilekk" would have posted. He kept pretending he never heard of any Krilekk and tried to change his style of writing. Admins from several befriended message boards were on to him though, compared ip adresses and internally confirmed it was him. They didn't ban him right away though, because it was too much fun watching him pretending to be someone else. He even claimed he had tried to contact Krilekk through XBL in order to clear his name. I'm honestly surprised he's still here.

farisr

So now that we know this is running on X1 at 60 FPS, what is CoD's excuse for looking so bad? This was one of the stunners of the conference IMO.

I personally don't feel cod has looked good for the times since call of duty 2...

Though I don't personally feel exactly that way, yeah they don't push the envelope for graphics, they remain below the average. Some art design, use of color does get the game to look a little beautiful in some instances though (talking about Black Ops 2).

Also, they have the easiest excuse of all. Splitscreen + consistency. 4 player offline, 2 player online.

Even though the Halo series had both of those (and 4 player online splitscreen at that) it ran at 30fps. Battlefield's never going to have splitscreen, killzone is even moving away from that (the little it did have before).

Now that Halo is aiming for 60fps, it is pretty much the only game left that can properly own/embarass the COD devs for having mediocre visuals by matching/exceeding all graphic/framerate based categories.

Oh and LOL @ bump.

bidguy

Banned
Yes, though they did not do it on malice, they probably really thought they could get it ready and look like that come launch.

Its as much fault of the Xbox hardware as it is of Dice. I think what CboaT is saying is pointing how the version wont look like E3 version and we are mere hours from seeing it for ourselves.

wow thats a hefty accusation do you have proof for that ?

that e3 footage was nothing mindblowing id be surprised if the x1 cant even achieve that. its definitely capable, just look at ryse

EvB

People are so tedious.
Tweeting marketing accounts and customer service reps so you can catch them out and make a thread on Neogaf.

Grow up.

The final hardware wasn't in produced by that point, so we know it wasn't running on "Xbox One"

Its a little sad he remembers someone who called him out on a forum months later...
Again I'm not sure why dice would lie it would be really bad for them.

I'm still assuming the final game will look as it did in the press conference.
Not anywhere near as sad as you going from thread to thread, posting incessantly to try and discredit one of GAF's most reliable insiders.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55845

The hilarity is on page 1 -- the rest of the pages are reactions to the epic necro.

Being the huge MK fan that I am(see username), I remember back in 2006 reading a rumor about that game on a popular MK forum. Everyone laughed at the guy who said his uncle worked at Midway and had insider info that the game was being developed. It sounded like a funny, satirical joke, until you realized the guy was serious. And then he sounded stupid.

And then you felt stupid when you realized he was telling the truth. And nobody believed him. Seeing this right now...so much nostalgia.

Its a little sad he remembers someone who called him out on a forum months later...
Again I'm not sure why dice would lie it would be really bad for them.

I'm still assuming the final game will look as it did in the press conference.

Krilekk's bitching about famousmortimer in the other thread probably reminded CBOAT of the time he fed him his own crow.

Krilekk

Banned
Krilekk's bitching about famousmortimer in the other thread probably reminded CBOAT of the time he fed him his own crow.

Yeah, I don't like this shitty game of "everything is so messed up but maybe probably it's gonna be ok by launch". If you don't see how shady that is I'm sorry. When it's bad on launch day I eat all the crow I deserve. But everything will be fine. Won't stop people from listening to buttocks and mortimers because they so conveniently end every leak with a "things can change, that's the way it is today".

Yeah, I don't like this shitty game of "everything is so messed up but maybe probably it's gonna be ok by launch". If you don't see how shady that is I'm sorry. When it's bad on launch day I eat all the crow I deserve. But everything will be fine. Won't stop people from listening to buttocks and mortimers because they so conveniently end every leak with a "things can change, that's the way it is today".

It's almost like they're still working on the patches. Crazy, right? Maybe mortimer and CBOAT should go to a psychic the next time they find out some information and make sure they're not just right in the present but also in the future.

MilkBeard

You don't want to eat it?

eating-crow.jpg

Newlove

The BF Twitter mostly responds with their PR team. I've had good chats with them, but I don't think they quite know the facts sometimes. The E3 demo was clearly PC.

MilkBeard

The BF Twitter mostly responds with their PR team. I've had good chats with them, but I don't think they quite know the facts sometimes. The E3 demo was clearly PC.

Yes, no one should be taking those twitter accounts that seriously unless they are confirmed devs speaking.

EDIT: Unless they are just parroting already known facts. That's what they tend to do.

Top Bottom