• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 E3 Livestream News Summary and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskrosbbk

Did they change the tracing bullets ,watching gameplay ,seems the bullets are a lot more flashy now ? It wasnt the case in 3 right ?

I gotta say, I hate squad spawning. Its a lazy way to "promote teamplay" and it just ends up being cheap with people popping in out of nowhere. There's a skill to map and situational awareness. You catch a guy trying to sneak around back and you make a move to get the drop on him, but WAIT now there's three guys there because they just randomly squad spawned and now you're fucked because you thought you were making a smart play but ran into this completely unpredictable situation instead. Bad mechanic. Hate it hate it hate it.

Can anyone elaborate on the faction specific weapons? BF3 also claimed that, but it was like 1 weapon per class per faction, hoping its actually legitimate this time.

"In gam VOIP" better include the PC version this time, and I'm not talking about the lame party system, either. It needs to be with whoever is on your squad, friend list or no friend list. That's pretty much the only thing that would prevent me from getting this.

elcapitan

I gotta say, I hate squad spawning. Its a lazy way to "promote teamplay" and it just ends up being cheap with people popping in out of nowhere. There's a skill to map and situational awareness. You catch a guy trying to sneak around back and you make a move to get the drop on him, but WAIT now there's three guys there because they just randomly squad spawned and now you're fucked because you thought you were making a smart play but ran into this completely unpredictable situation instead. Bad mechanic. Hate it hate it hate it.

I see it as three extra kills!

Shadybiz

I just tried to get back into BF3 after a couple of months off and Jesus Christ is the netcode just plain shitty. Coming back after a few months of being away makes it even more obvious. I guess I had gotten used to it when I played it alot but man if they dont change the netcode substantially then i'm not paying anything for this game...no matter how much I want it. It was just so frustrating

I definitely feel you on that. My friends and I quit playing BF3 because of the horrible...horrible matchmaking system. It was just a pain in the ass getting into a match with the squad intact, even with using the server browser, all open NATs, etc. Sometimes it would not only put us in separate squads/teams, but it would put us in completely different games! Hopefully this is fixed in this next iteration.

That said, great thread, the game looks great, and I really look forward to seeing what the finished product is like!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Out of curiosity is that skyscraper collapse -> map visibility lowers thing true?

I'm mainly asking since I noticed it in a reddit comment, but don't see it in the OP, and rewatching the unveil it is at least somewhat dusty when they first start.

Out of curiosity is that skyscraper collapse -> map visibility lowers thing true?

I'm mainly asking since I noticed it in a reddit comment, but don't see it in the OP, and rewatching the unveil it is at least somewhat dusty when they first start.

Will add it now, and yes, it's true. It's night and day depending on your distance. For example, the AC130 really can't see ANYTHING without it being spotted in the skyscraper rubble.

EDIT: Think this vid is post-collapse (low quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D_2SYywV0

friday

Seems like the kill cam was not present when he died. I hope it stays like that. Kill cams blow in games like this. I hope the medic revive gets super nerved. Probably not though.

Seems like the kill cam was not present when he died. I hope it stays like that. Kill cams blow in games like this. I hope the medic revive gets super nerved. Probably not though.

I'm not sure how they found this out, but a redditor said that defibs take a moment to charge before you can pick someone up.

Since defibs were bugged/not in the Alpha, I don't know how accurate that is/where he got his info.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Will add it now, and yes, it's true. It's night and day depending on your distance. For example, the AC130 really can't see ANYTHING without it being spotted in the skyscraper rubble.

EDIT: Think this vid is post-collapse (low quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9D_2SYywV0

Thanks, nice.

I hope a lot of the maps have something that can make a nigh global change over the course of the battle.

I remember the survey had something about cutting power (and maybe there's a way to turn it back on?). That could have some pretty interesting implications in an urban night map.

Nizz

I don't know what to say besides, that I am amazed and in awe. I've been whining for over half a decade for the consoles to step up their game, and finally to see them able to get 64 player online battles. THANK YOU.

To me this is what BF is and has always been about!
And all that running at 60fps too! Honestly, DICE announcing that the game was 60fps on the next gen consoles was a megaton E3 moment for me. And 64 players to top it off. Now I can finally experience what the PC people have experienced in the past.

Thanks for the thread, Anton.

Apath

Is China Rising pre-order only and Second Assault a Limited Edition inclusion (ie. Battlefield 3 and Back to Karkand)?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is China Rising pre-order only and Second Assault a Limited Edition inclusion (ie. Battlefield 3 and Back to Karkand)?

To my knowledge:

China Rising is like Karkand.

Second Assault is just regular DLC that you can buy earlier on Xbox.

Apath

To my knowledge:

China Rising is like Karkand.

Second Assault is just regular DLC that you can buy earlier on Xbox.

Ah, thank you. I figured two "expansion" packs for free would be a bit much.

I'm a personal fan of including DLC map packs for free when buying new. It's a good way to discourage buying used while not necessarily taking anything away from anyone (diminishing the value of the used game).

Apath

Game looks promising, I am leaning more towards this game rather COD: Ghost.

Battlefield 3 was the best first person shooter multiplayer experience last generation. With a doubled player account and finally matching COD's FPS, I couldn't imagine choosing Call of Duty over Battlefield.
Did anyone talk about the pay 2 win structure?
Are you talking about paying money to unlock rather than grinding to unlock?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That sounds really weird. And what the hell is purple gear? >.>
Haha, rare drops.

It's basically the Mass Effect 3 system, if you played the online portion of that. I can't find the thread, but there's a screenshot of one of the packs being sold.

Ah, here it is:
lHTAq1vh.jpg

I get that they need to show off the new features of the game, but scripted multiplayer demos... once you've seen a different play through where the exact same things happen it loses some of its shine.

It must be so boring for the other players to demo.

I have a PC with i5 3750, GTX 670, and 8 GB of RAM. Will it be able to run and look better than the PS4 version?
I understand why people are making light of your post, but this actually is a valid question.

If the PS4 version looks the same as the PC version, the answer could be no. We know the game is going to run at 60 fps on PS4, so if it isn't optimized for PC it could very well perform better on one of the consoles than a PC with a GTX 670.

The odds of it happening are pretty damn slim, but we won't know until November.

I understand why people are making light of your post, but this actually is a valid question.

If the PS4 version looks the same as the PC version, the answer could be no. We know the game is going to run at 60 fps on PS4, so if it isn't optimized for PC it could very well perform better on one of the consoles than a PC with a GTX 670.

The odds of it happening are pretty damn slim, but we won't know until November.

I imagine consoles will be rolling with FXAA/SMAA. I see no reason why a 670 can't run @ 1080p with 2xMSAA and FXAA/SMAA with all other settings on full (except resolution scaling - if it is in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom