• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 E3 Livestream News Summary and Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

riflen

Holy fucking shit.

What kind of rig do you need to play this on 60fps/1080p Ultra?

Of course this is pre-alpha code, however the PCs running this game at E3 are reported to have these specs:

AMD FX8350 CPU (8 cores @ 4Ghz)
2 x AMD Radeon 7990 in crossfire (the 7990 is essentially two 7970 GPUs on a single board. Each GPU has access to 3GB of GDDR5)

considering the skyscraper falling causing a desertstorm i dont see why other maps cant have snow and rain. It already got the dynamic weather thing.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Of course this is pre-alpha code, however the PCs running this game at E3 are reported to have these specs:

AMD FX8350 CPU (8 cores @ 4Ghz)
2 x AMD Radeon 7990 in crossfire (the 7990 is essentially two 7970 GPUs on a single board. Each GPU has access to 3GB of GDDR5)

Wait... does that mean they have vsync enabled or something?

This game looks incredible, but I don't think 60 fps will require specs like that.

Alienous

So I suppose that unlike Battlefield 3, knifing from the front provides the 'knifee' a chance to counter the attack? That seems better than the '2 for the front, 1 for the back' system that Battlefield 3 had for knifing. You can now afford to take the risk of knifing from the front.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to address a lot of the things I think was missing/bad in BF3. I am a little dissapointed that they don't have female player models, but I can see how that could blow up in their faces.

Crossing fingers for no metro-like chokepoint maps.

Lakitu

st5fu
Great work, Anton Sugar. Everything sounds great.

The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of spawn beacon for recon. Please put it in. I don't want to be spawn trapped sometimes and not have the option of using a beacon to get out or if I'm sniping, I want to spawn to my sniping position.

Menelaus

Banned
Also, counter knife GIF, since it wasn't posted yet.

iooSRksbaGvOI.gif

RoKKeR

Nice, added to OP.

EDIT: Man, the netcode looks soooo much better.

This is a big concern, and unfortunately we wont know whether or not it's been addressed until launch. Really, really hope they improve it because it was shit in BF3. Looks solid so far.

Possible (probable) that they are running the server locally on a LAN.

This is a big concern, and unfortunately we wont know whether or not it's been addressed until launch. Really, really hope they improve it because it was shit in BF3. Looks solid so far.

Yeah, I still have my doubts. IIRC, BF3's showing at E3 looked like it had a great netcode and EA claimed they were playing with DICE employees from Sweden.

Clearly, something changed.

Also, counter knife GIF, since it wasn't posted yet.

iooSRksbaGvOI.gif

Epic GIF altogether. LevelCap mentions it in his video, but for some reason, the choppers just look a lot more impressive in this compared to BF3.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Mentioned countless times, but great work, Anton! Fantastic breakdown.

For the resolution of next-gen BF4, I'm still waiting for EA to verify if it is 100 percent 1080p. I'll post here once they send me a statement. =)

Lakitu

st5fu
considering the skyscraper falling causing a desertstorm i dont see why other maps cant have snow and rain. It already got the dynamic weather thing.

Yep, I want rain storms and I want dynamic weather like light snow that can turn into a huge blizzard with very poor visibility during the night. And the only stuff you can see are vehicle headlights...

Menelaus

Banned
Check out the reflection of the clouds on the upwards facing cockpit screens, and the awesome reflections in the building windows.

ibuD5ADHsM8XII.gif

dont know how much of this info that is listed in op, but here goes. Sources for info are from livestream, Engadget, gametrailers, gamespot, outside xbox etc.

Karl-Magnus:

- Ammo and health pack can be slap onto soldiers or throw on the ground
- Swimming and slap C4 on side of a boat
- Dive swim
- Sniper rifles have range finders
- Magazine reloads will dispense the ammo in there (normal mode)
- Feedbacks are implemented and tested over and over before release.
- Field upgrades in squad like BF2142
- Guns have different traits
- Pistol customization
- Balance between land/water vehicles armor, weapon and speeds
- Pre-alpha map / Shanghai is a test for how many different types of gameplay elements can be pushed into a map.
- Dinosaurs is a wait and see

- Ready for next gen consoles in technology wise, so spending more time focusing on the game design.
- Shanghai map is trying out different elements into one map
-no mod support with FB3.

Bach:
- Micro/Macro Destruction
- Skyscraper aftermath test player skills to see thru the debris like for snipers and chopper pilots.
- Guns have deeper accessories and customization for hardcore BF fans and new comers
- Recon class can change zoom levels on the spot
- Supporting mobile experience by using ammo and health packs
- Motion sensors
- Encouraging to helping each other in the game.

- Defibrillator is being tweaked from BF3.
- Jet is returning for Bf4
- Replacing some vehicles in BF3 like the Humvee is old and being replaced by MRAP in the military. A Sturdier vehicle.
- Green and red laser sights have no difference
- Strategy behind health and ammo packs @ 6:22
- Over peak functionally – (cover system)
- Incendiary grenades – anti infantry
- Vehicle can be immobilize
- Take down enemies by defibrillators and blowtorch
- Looking for feedbacks on the diving feature.
- Infantry sprint currently is unlimited. Can’t turn and sprint like 90 degree turns to avoid enemies.
- Focusing faction specific weapons. Plus some cross over weapons for all factions.
- Dinosaurs would be nice.

- Jump on a car, the alarm will go off.
- Dynamic events small scale and large scale trigger tactical advantage
- Adding ships in MP.
- Other maps will get huge waves and be done over the network
- All buildings have some sort of destruction
- 64 players @ 60fps on xbox1 and ps4
- 24 players on xbox 360 and ps3
- Can update the game quickly with the new consoles: new guns, new maps, etc..
- Battlelog going thru some changes.
- Moving battlelog to consoles.
- Brower base launch for servers.
- No release date confirm yet for the new consoles
- Couple of new MP modes
- 3 way faction fights? NO
- New weapons and vehicles, (that are updated in the army)
- New jets
- AI support in MP? NO
- deeper server customizability
- Big changes to classes.

- New guns from Chinese, American and Russian army
- New Unlock curve
- Premium will be back
- Maps will be scalable for less players
- Second assault expansion will take BF3 top maps and add levolution to it.

Aleksander (MP Producer)
- Commander is very active (actions per minute) but not like starcraft
- Controlling the bay area is key to the map
- A fair system is being placed, to get into a commander position. (more details later)
- Each map will get its shared role in levolution.
- Take down the skyscraper by taking out the front pillars

Menelaus

Banned
Obviously ground draw distance is severely crippled by the tower dust, but I was surprised just how high that cloud goes up.

ibd01x3PiEy37z.gif

am I the only one who has noticed that IGN basically has had zero BF4 coverage. I have been visiting the site regularly during E3, but the only news i can find is the demo from Microsofts xbox conference. Isn't that strange?

zma1013

Reflections on the instrument screens, too. I wonder if the buildings reflect world/player/vehicle models?

Judging from that gif, no not in multiplater. Those look entirely baked. I'm guessing that putting real-time reflections on everything would drop the framerate way down. I think I did see some real-time reflections in the water in some videos though which wasn't in BF3 so at least there's something.

Roland1979

REPOST:
I really really want customized weapon sets and camouflage load per map.
I want to make a offensive kit, a defensive/close quarters combat kit en per class a few others. Engineer i also want a long range kit for open maps, a silenced kit for recon, etc.
I also want to be able to give that kit a name.

Anybody else want's to make custom kits?
Sometime you don't have the time to adjust load-out because your team needs you and you need to spawn asap. Plus most people probably change up gear depending on map/game-type (metro in rush mode plays completely different from caspian border in conquest mode. I prefer a close-quarters weapon and maybe sensors and mobile spawn as recon -just a example-, in caspian i want a 8X scope or long range rifle with a MAV). I might want a silenced kit (main plus backup with silencer), and i don't want to change camouflage every other map. I want it to have me loadout with desert camo on every desert map automatically. Woodland camo on caspian border and other "green" maps, etc.

Anybody here who feels the same way/thinks this is a good idea? I already send DICE a Tweet and email but I'm afraid it does get drown in the sea of messages they get.

zma1013

Yes, they absolutely need to have a "kit-per-map/mode" feature. What works as an engineer on Caspian Conquest doesn't necessarily work well on Karkand Rush and it would cut down on the amount of time I'm having to fumble around in the menu.

Roland1979

Yes, they absolutely need to have a "kit-per-map/mode" feature. What works as an engineer on Caspian Conquest doesn't necessarily work well on Karkand Rush and it would cut down on the amount of time I'm having to fumble around in the menu.

I think even better would be the ability to give you 4 custom kits for each class. You could have a offensive one, a defensive one, a long range and a close range kit. Or any other combination. And not nearly every map as a engi you are going to lay mines for example or you have a stinger standard. When a tank just killed you and you can spawn close it would be amazing if you could just click your preset with both mines, rpg + Squad EXPL (switching from stinger and repair tool for example).
Camo can be per map and auto load on map load.

Roland1979

I wish the Tomahawk Missile was as epic as the one in Medal of honor 2010.

Looks nice but way too much of a Hollywood explosion. I don't want BF to become CoD or MoH. I like BF for it's balance between realism and playability. It is in no means a sim but it's different from most shooters which I like. That being said it's impressive how they made that explosion.

Menelaus

Banned
I think if you were that close to the BF tomahawk in real life, you'd be either thrown back 100 feet or gibbed. Absolutely no realism there.

REPOST:
I really really want customized weapon sets and camouflage load per map.
I want to make a offensive kit, a defensive/close quarters combat kit en per class a few others. Engineer i also want a long range kit for open maps, a silenced kit for recon, etc.
I also want to be able to give that kit a name.

Anybody else want's to make custom kits?
Sometime you don't have the time to adjust load-out because your team needs you and you need to spawn asap. Plus most people probably change up gear depending on map/game-type (metro in rush mode plays completely different from caspian border in conquest mode. I prefer a close-quarters weapon and maybe sensors and mobile spawn as recon -just a example-, in caspian i want a 8X scope or long range rifle with a MAV). I might want a silenced kit (main plus backup with silencer), and i don't want to change camouflage every other map. I want it to have me loadout with desert camo on every desert map automatically. Woodland camo on caspian border and other "green" maps, etc.

Anybody here who feels the same way/thinks this is a good idea? I already send DICE a Tweet and email but I'm afraid it does get drown in the sea of messages they get.

I actually think a bug in BF3 caused it to work this way for a while; everyone kept complaining that their kits weren't saving when they switched maps, so they changed it.

I, for one, would love for it to work this way; certain maps require entirely different loadouts. However, if you can make and SAVE multiple custom loadouts, that essentially solves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom