• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

As a Conquest fan, I really wasn't impressed by BC2. So many of the maps felt like uninspired linear corridors, as though they were built purely for Rush and lazily repurposed for CQ after the fact. The only ones I really liked were Panama Canal, and Arica Harbor to a lesser extent, even though they were fairly small as BF maps go.

If Siege of Shanghai's at all representative of the design philosophy for BF4, I'm gonna love it. :3

Anyone know when GMG are supposed to be sending out keys? I saw Saturday mentioned earlier in the thread but can't find a source for that. I'm not sure whether or not to pre-order the game with them.

Post on GMG Forums...

Battlefield 4 - Preload

Hi,

So we heard that you might want your activation keys for Battlefield 4 in time for preload.... guess what? We are happy to deliver.

Due to the different release dates we will be distributing these in 2 waves.

Friday 25th October - NA
Monday 28th October - EU

You will have your key ready for Preload. :)

Regards,
Green Man Gaming Customer Service

I'm conflicted- I kind of want to get this since I just upgraded my PC and it would be a great game to play on my nice and shiny PC.

But I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of BF3 Premium since I got that earlier this year. Not to mention the loads of games I've barely touched in my backlog.

I'll probably get it since the GMG code is working for me. If DICE would just confirm some Dinosaur DLC, that would surely seal the deal.

scogoth

I'm conflicted- I kind of want to get this since I just upgraded my PC and it would be a great game to play on my nice and shiny PC.

But I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of BF3 Premium since I got that earlier this year. Not to mention the loads of games I've barely touched in my backlog.

I'll probably get it since the GMG code is working for me. If DICE would just confirm some Dinosaur DLC, that would surely seal the deal.

The only official word on that is there is someone at DICE who wrote up a report analyzing the public's interest in Dinosaur DLC to submit to management. AKA not much of a chance

The only official word on that is there is someone at DICE who wrote up a report analyzing the public's interest in Dinosaur DLC to submit to management. AKA not much of a chance

Oh I know. I was one of the people that took one of EA's surveys where they had the description for the dinosaur DLC.

The Shanghai Beta map was fine but do we know if we're getting some other big outdoors sort of maps? Like Caspian Border? I'm kind of tired of urban combat in games and always have liked Battlefield for having just some big outdoors areas where you can rumble across a stretch of open plains with 3 or 4 tanks side by side with helicopters and jets flying overhead.

I haven't been following BF4 super close, but it seems like most of the maps they've shown are either urban or broken up by lots of water. I want to see some more just big wide open outdoors land maps.

Spookie

SimplyCDKeys has began taking my money. I hope I get a key before Wednesday I've got the back end of next week off and would like to play it. Still for £55, which is £28 cheaper than what EA wanted, I can't really complain. EA are such a joke when it comes to pricing in the UK it's no wonder their download client doesn't take off they are living in the stone ages.

rafaelr

The Shanghai Beta map was fine but do we know if we're getting some other big outdoors sort of maps? Like Caspian Border? I'm kind of tired of urban combat in games and always have liked Battlefield for having just some big outdoors areas where you can rumble across a stretch of open plains with 3 or 4 tanks side by side with helicopters and jets flying overhead.

I haven't been following BF4 super close, but it seems like most of the maps they've shown are either urban or broken up by lots of water. I want to see some more just big wide open outdoors land maps.

from what we´ve seen so far there´s at least these maps that feature open areas:
paracel storm
golmud railroad
that satellite dish one
and maybe hainan resort

Cyprus

Banned
Purchased a 7950 yesterday. I got the free shipping, so I'll be able to see the difference in performance with my 550ti.

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks really nice, though sadly quite narrow with only two or three blocks of buildings in a straight line. Had hoped for a bit bigger.

It'd help me to get an idea of the map if the player actually attacked some objectives instead of staying in the middle all the time.

derFeef

Floodzone also shows the gameplay I liked on Shanghai so much. So many routes, vertical gameplay, corners, sneaking paths... this game will be fantastic.

Marvel

could never
Floodzone also shows the gameplay I liked on Shanghai so much. So many routes, vertical gameplay, corners, sneaking paths... this game will be fantastic.

This is the sort of stuff that makes an FPS fun, keeps thing fresh for longer if maps are diverse like this.

Awww man 29th is taking forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom