• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

BTW are the TDM servers populated? I like the gunplay in Battlefield games but I'm one of the weirdos who doesn't like the vehicles, and can you play the objective modes without vehicles enabled?

why not just be the one annoying mofo on the server that does nothing butt take out vehicles? your team will love you and the other team will want you super dead.

Starfield

How come every freaking guy uses their guns no matter if smg, pistol, dmr or whatever as if they have aimbot activated on PC?

I always get mindblown by how I get killed so fast by 90% of players

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well I bought it and I actually like it, first impressions are good. TTK is extremely low which I like. Game is running around 120fps on ultra so I could squeeze 144fps for the highest hz if needed. So far I've only played TDM as I don't like vehicles but it seems you can do infantry only on all modes so I'll try that. I really hate the Battlelog though, would much prefer a proper in-game menu like every other game I've ever played.

Also, I got a shit load of gold packs, was I supposed to? I didn't buy any but I have like 30+ to open.

EDIT: Really wish I didn't miss the free DLC packs though :(

WillyFive

Hopefully BF1 gets rid of the web interface.

How come every freaking guy uses their guns no matter if smg, pistol, dmr or whatever as if they have aimbot activated on PC?

I always get mindblown by how I get killed so fast by 90% of players

People have been playing this game for years now, they have their gun's recoil patterns burned into muscle memory by now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Am I doing something wrong or are there no default, official servers? I've ticked official and ranked in the server browser but I only get custom servers with weapon restrictions and other mods.

Quick question, guys: Will the game keep installing if I play a different game? It's at "Full Game 29%" on the main menu. Can I play Rocket League and trust it will keep installing?

WillyFive

Why am I constantly in queue??

Joining 50/64 rooms and Im 4th i queue.

Battlelog's server information is always out of date and a bunch of people would have joined or left the game since the time it got that population number, and if you aren't a Premium member, you are automatically moved behind one of them to get in the game.

Lonnie413

Battlelog's server information is always out of date and a bunch of people would have joined or left the game since the time it got that population number, and if you aren't a Premium member, you are automatically moved behind one of them to get in the game.
No, pretty sure the PS4 servers went wonky for awhile. I tried joining a server of 36/64 and was put in a queue of 89 out of 93

Wow this game is somehow so much more enjoyable than I remember

I hope they give away free map dlc because they need to do that before bf1

Very impressed with the free maps. Night map is a lot of fun. Really hope BF1 has night variations

I love the idea of playing in the dark and in rain. Still not a huge fan of 3d spotting or commander. It's lame that commanders cant be soldiers and just spam uav. When there's only one commander,it becomes unfair

My biggest disappointment are classes. 4 classes that mesh together roles and guns. I hope bf1 has more distinct roles

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only level 6 but it seems every game has one guy with a humongous score that gets accused of being a cheater, I can't say either way without a kill cam and due to my lack of experience with the series, but it's getting pretty annoying. Before I bought it people did tell me the anti-cheat was non existent so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

neoism

sigh...... of course second assault dlc becomes free tomorrow...
last day of plus...
this paying for multiplayer on console blows ass... 😞

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah was gutted to find out they had already given away two DLC packs on PC before I bought the game, I asked support to hook me up but they wouldn't :(

Moozo

EA are arseholes with the DLC sales sometimes. BF4 is £4, premium edition £12, and premium itself £40.
As someone who already owns the game that doesn't really give me any options. Still, fair play for giving a couple of packs away free.

JJD

sigh...... of course second assault dlc becomes free tomorrow...
last day of plus...
this paying for multiplayer on console blows ass... ��

Lol, what's the point of complaining that you're not getting the DLC because you're on the last day of plus if you're going to need plus to play the DLC???

love this game, time to pre order bf1 when the season pass is announced.

I know I am being stupid, but I'm still hoping that they try something new for premium. Hopefully they find a better way to monetize the game instead of selling map packs.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol, what's the point of complaining that you're not getting the DLC because you're on the last day of plus if you're going to need plus to play the DLC???

I know I am being stupid, but I'm still hoping that they try something new for premium. Hopefully they find a better way to monetize the game instead of selling map packs.
Every pre-release monetization plan they've shown thus far for BF1 looks identical to BF4. Probably not changing.

JJD

Every pre-release monetization plan they've shown thus far for BF1 looks identical to BF4. Probably not changing.

Really? I didn't know that, guess I missed some news.

That's sad. BF4 had some great DLC maps that are not played enough because the overwhelming majority of the player base is stuck with just the vanilla maps.

Even with the current healthy player base it's still hard to find games on some DLC maps.

kakashi08

That's sad. BF4 had some great DLC maps that are not played enough because the overwhelming majority of the player base is stuck with just the vanilla maps.

Even with the current healthy player base it's still hard to find games on some DLC maps.
Yup, the free DLC I downloaded last night, not that many players on PC. DLC should be with the pre order deal, instead of 79 just make it $89 or $99 for pre-order.

Mahonay

Banned

On PS4 at least it's fairly easy to find full servers of all DLCs. But I pretty much strictly play Conquest.

Madchad

Hey guys and girls quick question. If i snatch this BF4 full game digital on PSN for £3.99 can i chuck out my PS3 disc (used the PS4 Upgrade on it) and carry on as i was with my premium and what not ? End result being no longer needing the disc in the drive obviously.

Had a browse of google and only things i come across are conflicts between digital and cd installs being on the system at the same time.

Mahonay

Banned
Hey guys and girls quick question. If i snatch this BF4 full game digital on PSN for £3.99 can i chuck out my PS3 disc (used the PS4 Upgrade on it) and carry on as i was with my premium and what not ? End result being no longer needing the disc in the drive obviously.

Had a browse of google and only things i come across are conflicts between digital and cd installs being on the system at the same time.
The PS4 can't read PS3 discs, so you definitely will not need it for the PS4 version. You should be good to go now with digital only BF4 if you've done the upgrade process.

Just give yourself time for the download, it's insanely big with all of the DLC and updates. Putting your PS4 into rest mode will make it go faster though. Hopefully your PS4 is hardwired for internet, the wireless is very poor on the console.

Lonnie413

RIP Carrier Assault. I can only ever find one Euro server populated on PS4 but the lobby is half full and the lag is too much.

Mahonay

Banned
RIP Carrier Assault. I can only ever find one Euro server populated on PS4 but the lobby is half full and the lag is too much.
Carrier Assault mode really floundered out of the gate. The fact the ships are just static bases killed the mode for me. Not what I was hoping for when compared to the 2142 version it's inspired on.

Madchad

The PS4 can't read PS3 discs, so you definitely will not need it for the PS4 version. You should be good to go now with digital only BF4 if you've done the upgrade process.

Just give yourself time for the download, it's insanely big with all of the DLC and updates. Putting your PS4 into rest mode will make it go faster though. Hopefully your PS4 is hardwired for internet, the wireless is very poor on the console.

Nah iv been playing it for a fair bit the game will not launch without the PS3 disc in the cd drive of the PS4. The BF4 Icon in the PS4 library even has the disc icon. :/

I just want to know if i buy this £3.99 copy off the PSN will it allow me to launch it without the CD and not have an effect on my premium etc.

Mahonay

Banned
Nah iv been playing it for a fair bit the game will not launch without the PS3 disc in the cd drive of the PS4. The BF4 Icon in the PS4 library even has the disc icon. :/

I just want to know if i buy this £3.99 copy off the PSN will it allow me to launch it without the CD and not have an effect on my premium etc.
I'm honestly not 100 percent sure how the upgrade process works for digital copies of the game.

But yes it will allow you to launch with out a disc if you get the PS4 version digitally.

Dunno if this was posted:

BF4 getting a new UI: http://bf4central.com/2016/06/bf4-ui/

Quite unexpectedly, DICE announced a new Battlefield 4 feature: a user interface overhaul. The new user interface will make its debut on Battlefield 4 and will be applied to Battlefield Hardline and the upcoming Battlefield 1.

The core of the new user interface seems to be to decouple the use of a web browser to find and join games. Instead, players will find and join servers in-game with the new BF4 UI. The way it used to be with all Battlefield games, up until BF3.

The new BF4 UI will also include a “recommendation engine to suggest maps, modes, and more”, and will make it easier to play and squad up with friends.
As DICE puts it, “The new Battlefield user interface is designed to improve the experience of playing with friends and to bring relevant content to your attention.”
Last week during the Battlefield 1 E3 showcase, the game did not have an open web browser on the PC, suggesting that it won’t be launched and managed from the browser with Battlelog like BF4 and BF3.

The new user interface is currently being tested by a limited group of players and should be added to Battlefield 4 later this Summer.

WillyFive

It was posted around two weeks ago, but it's still exciting.

I do hope they keep the old Battlelog interface around for preservation and historical purposes though (and for the inevitable backlash against anything new).

It was posted around two weeks ago, but it's still exciting.

I do hope they keep the old Battlelog interface around for preservation and historical purposes though (and for the inevitable backlash against anything new).

Apparently, this new UI will make so you can jump from game to game (BF4, Hardline, BF1) from this UI without having to close and start the new game as long as you own them (digitally i think). Which is why they are removing battlelog. New games dont have it.

It will be kinda like Halo MCC, only not broken.

"This new UI is currently rolling out in beta form in Battlefield 4 for a small audience, and we’ll have more information on additional testing opportunities in the coming months. This will also be released with Battlefield 1 (and Battlefield Hardline soon after that). Once it's rolled out for all three games, you'll be able to easily swap between the games as long as you own them. Want to jump from St. Quentin Scar in Battlefield 1 to the skyscrapers of Shanghai in Battlefield 4? It'll be easier than ever."

I imagine this is just the console UI being released for PC.

No, battlelog is getting axed even in the console. Its getting a UI that will merge all 3 games eventually within whatever version youre using. Youll be able to search for games through all 3 games within that UI, from what i understand.

DirtyLarry

So I only played BF4 on PC when it was released, and did not even play all that much even though I really enjoyed it. My PC at the time was showing its age, and although it could run the game, it was not a perfect scenario. I also was not huge on MP games at the time.

Just providing a bit of backstory as last night, I decided why not check the game out for free thanks to EA Access on the XBox One.

Am I remembering correctly that the game supposedly runs at 60 FPS on the One? Because there is absolutely no way that it does. If it is in fact supposed to run at a steady 60 FPS, then there is something really wrong with my One. It was struggling big time in many scenes. I was playing Large Scale Conquest, so I am sure that was part of the reason why, but I am thinking it was struggling to even maintain 30 FPS at times. Nevermind the game was a very different game than I was used to on the PC, even on an older PC, as seeing things off in the distance was basically impossible.

I know this is very much coming off as PC Elitist and all of that, and I do apologize for that, I play on my consoles just as much if not more than my PC so I am by no means a PC only guy, it was just pretty staggering to me the low resolution and low framerate that people have to accept as normal as the One.

I still had fun playing, as I always do with Battlefield, but it really was a much different experience.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
y'all been .. uuhhh ... checking your ... uhh emails ... uhhh, right?

Nope, waiting for Open and them admitting their fixing Rush for me to be hyped/pre-ordering.

I'm playing Bad Company 2 sporadically in the mean time. Still the best shooter in the series as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, Kane.

So I only played BF4 on PC when it was released, and did not even play all that much even though I really enjoyed it. My PC at the time was showing its age, and although it could run the game, it was not a perfect scenario. I also was not huge on MP games at the time.

Just providing a bit of backstory as last night, I decided why not check the game out for free thanks to EA Access on the XBox One.

Am I remembering correctly that the game supposedly runs at 60 FPS on the One? Because there is absolutely no way that it does. If it is in fact supposed to run at a steady 60 FPS, then there is something really wrong with my One. It was struggling big time in many scenes. I was playing Large Scale Conquest, so I am sure that was part of the reason why, but I am thinking it was struggling to even maintain 30 FPS at times. Nevermind the game was a very different game than I was used to on the PC, even on an older PC, as seeing things off in the distance was basically impossible.

I know this is very much coming off as PC Elitist and all of that, and I do apologize for that, I play on my consoles just as much if not more than my PC so I am by no means a PC only guy, it was just pretty staggering to me the low resolution and low framerate that people have to accept as normal as the One.

I still had fun playing, as I always do with Battlefield, but it really was a much different experience.

It targeted 60, but doesn't hit it consistently. If you run your PC version (dunno your GPU, mine is a 760 right now) you'll see why if you perfOverlay.drawFPS 1 in the console. Smoke effects and the like for destruction (during Levolutions) will tank the processing/frames due to post-processing effects like smoke.

Mine hits like 55-60 on 1080p. But under some heavy effects it'll dip to 50-55. Also the consoles are sub-1080 IIRC. X720 is like 720(?) and PS4 is 960 or something?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Nope, waiting for Open and them admitting their fixing Rush for me to be hyped/pre-ordering.

I'm playing Bad Company 2 sporadically in the mean time. Still the best shooter in the series as far as I'm concerned. Sorry, Kane.
Have nvidia fixed the drivers or did you roll yours back? Really want to play BC2 again but it just became a slide show last time I tried.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have nvidia fixed the drivers or did you roll yours back? Really want to play BC2 again but it just became a slide show last time I tried.

AFAIK it's fixed. I haven't ran into flickering issues in a month.

it's basically 40-50fps once you start moving in CQ64

smoother in modes with less players

last gen was like 1280x704 and sub-30 so...

kakashi08

$19.99 bf4/hardline bundle for ps4.
How does BF4 run on the ps4 servers? Currently got BF4 on PC, might be getting the next BF1 on the ps4.
Should I get the bundle for the ps4 now and pratice the controller. Usually playing on the PC. Don't want to upgrade.

Current Specs:
GeForce GTX 780
i7-3770K
SABERTOOTH Z77

Top Bottom