• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

WillyFive

$19.99 bf4/hardline bundle for ps4.
How does BF4 run on the ps4 servers? Currently got BF4 on PC, might be getting the next BF1 on the ps4.
Should I get the bundle for the ps4 now and pratice the controller. Usually playing on the PC. Don't want to upgrade.

Current Specs:
GeForce GTX 780
i7-3770K
SABERTOOTH Z77

Why do you need to upgrade? That will probably play BF1 better than the PS4.

Tubie

How does BF4 run on the ps4 servers? Currently got BF4 on PC, might be getting the next BF1 on the ps4.
Should I get the bundle for the ps4 now and pratice the controller. Usually playing on the PC. Don't want to upgrade.

Current Specs:
GeForce GTX 780
i7-3770K
SABERTOOTH Z77

The main problem with BF4 on PS4 is that framerate can go wild from 40-60 depending on the action going on (it gets particularly bad on maps with big levolution events). Some maps are much better than others in that regard tho.

Other than that the game has no other notable issues.

Current Specs:
GeForce GTX 780
i7-3770K
SABERTOOTH Z77

jump in.

Alpende

Is there a way to check if the BF4 servers are messed up? I have a lot of lag and can't even play 1 minute normally without getting all sorts of alerts on my screen.

Mahonay

Banned
Is there a way to check if the BF4 servers are messed up? I have a lot of lag and can't even play 1 minute normally without getting all sorts of alerts on my screen.
It's been on and off like that lately. There's been a massive surge of new players, and old players returning, with BF4 being on sale constantly and free DLC. The servers (at least for PS4) have been choking as a result. With BF1 being so close, with a live Alpha and upcoming Beta, they are probably not allocating new server capacity for BF4.

Alpende

It's been on and off like that lately. There's been a massive surge of new players, and old players returning, with BF4 being on sale constantly and free DLC. The servers (at least for PS4) have been choking as a result. With BF1 being so close, with a live Alpha and upcoming Beta, they are probably not allocating new server capacity for BF4.

I see. I'm returning myself and the free DLC sure help. Other question; is there a Battlefield GAF community (like TheDivisionGAF) on PS4?

Mahonay

Banned
I see. I'm returning myself and the free DLC sure help. Other question; is there a Battlefield GAF community (like TheDivisionGAF) on PS4?
Yeah I run it, but I've been bad at remembering to upkeep it lately. If you PM me your PSN ID I can add you to the group later.

Mahonay

Banned
Anyone else looking for the BF4 group, in the Communities section on PSN just search "Battlefield 4 NeoGAF" and it should come up. Request an invite and I will add you.

I've always known tanks and choppers were ludicrously OP (they have infinite smoke, evasion techniques, other vehicles perks that help evade, unlimited rockets etc etc).

But I was playing there and used my javelin on a tank from in the distance, the opposite direction the tank was looking, and in a bush... So it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to see my character ... But still the tank was clearly informed where the lock on was coming from :S

Utterly bizarre design choices. You think it'd be balance after two years.

Mahonay

Banned
I've always known tanks and choppers were ludicrously OP (they have infinite smoke, evasion techniques, other vehicles perks that help evade, unlimited rockets etc etc).

But I was playing there and used my javelin on a tank from in the distance, the opposite direction the tank was looking, and in a bush... So it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to see my character ... But still the tank was clearly informed where the lock on was coming from :S

Utterly bizarre design choices. You think it'd be balance after two years.
I roll in the tank pretty often, when I hear a myself getting locked on I immediately scan the environment. If there's nothing in the air that I can see locking me, I'll start spamming the spotting button and sometimes that'll light up whomever is locking me.

Or, you were already marked by his other teammates. There also may have been a commander on their team that can mark enemies with UAVs. Thankfully the commander is out in BF1. Games in BF4 where only one team has a commander can be incredibly lopsided.

But either way, Battlefield is a game of vehicles, especially with it's main gamy type Conquest Large. As an infantry it's always been pretty easy to get annihilated by vehicles. It's on your team to work together to take them out, and use your own vehicles as a counter. Air power is especially effective against tanks. And a squad of engineers can knock out a tank somewhat easily.

Aters

I just watched the clip back and I lock on with the javelin, fire it and watch it hit but no damage was done? :S

Dusting is a thing in BF4, and sadly, BF1 too. You hit tank or boat or chopper, there is hitting register (your rocket explodes) but no damage.

meppi

Hehe, well I've been playing bazooka boy since Bad Company 2, so at some point you're bound to pick certain things up. ;)

The fun part for me is how I tend to jump out of a tank and distract the enemy tank to shoot at me. Even if I get only one shot in, it'll give you the advantage.
And while I'm repairing I don't mind being in the line of fire from a tank, on the contrary actually.
I love how I can take one for the team and use myself as a human shield, blocking damage from the vehicle.
They usually think "woohoo, we got that one" but by the time they are able to pop of a third shot, I'm already back and they have eaten at least two shells. ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hehe, well I've been playing bazooka boy since Bad Company 2, so at some point you're bound to pick certain things up. ;)

The fun part for me is how I tend to jump out of a tank and distract the enemy tank to shoot at me. Even if I get only one shot in, it'll give you the advantage.
And while I'm repairing I don't mind being in the line of fire from a tank, on the contrary actually.
I love how I can take one for the team and use myself as a human shield, blocking damage from the vehicle.
They usually think "woohoo, we got that one" but by the time they are able to pop of a third shot, I'm already back and they have eaten at least two shells. ;)

I learned to do that from you because you mentioned it before. Run off to the side and draw fire because even if i die I can respawn back into the tank. It's more important for the armor to survive than for a foot soldier. People who use gunboats, ships and tanks as taxis drive me up the wall.

meppi

I learned to do that from you because you mentioned it before. Run off to the side and draw fire because even if i die I can respawn back into the tank. It's more important for the armor to survive than for a foot soldier. People who use gunboats, ships and tanks as taxis drive me up the wall.

I'm not a very good driver in BF4. Used to be quite good in 3 and BC2, but 4 for some reason never clicked with me. So I'd rather let others use the vehicles as I'm bound to do something really dumb sooner rather than later. :p
If you ever see me spam "get out get out get out", that's because some blue guy is sitting in a vehicle at the edge of the map not using it at all. ;)
Since I almost exclusively played Naval Strike for the better part of 2 years I got quite good in the gunboat, but got bored with it when you can dominate a whole game without getting out of the boat.
I guess I just like to Quake it up a bit. That's where the fun is for me in this game.

What I fear the most about BF1, besides the way they seem to be taking a lot of design ideas from battlefront, which I'm not too crazy about. Is that there doesn't seem to be an RPG in the game... :-/
Yeah, you've got that rocket gun thing or whatever. But from what I've seen it needs to be used in a completely different way than a true RPG. No more running and playing rocket frog.
I'm hoping the beta will convince me otherwise, but I'm very apprehensive about it at this point.
And since I've never been overly happy with BF4, I kinda don't trust DICE to deliver something I'll enjoy.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm not a very good driver in BF4. Used to be quite good in 3 and BC2, but 4 for some reason never clicked with me. So I'd rather let others use the vehicles as I'm bound to do something really dumb sooner rather than later. :p
If you ever see me spam "get out get out get out", that's because some blue guy is sitting in a vehicle at the edge of the map not using it at all. ;)

Since I almost exclusively played Naval Strike for the better part of 2 years I got quite good in the gunboat, but got bored with it when you can dominate a whole game without getting out of the boat.
I guess I just like to Quake it up a bit. That's where the fun is for me in this game.

What I fear the most about BF1, besides the way they seem to be taking a lot of design ideas from battlefront, which I'm not too crazy about. Is that there doesn't seem to be an RPG in the game... :-/
Yeah, you've got that rocket gun thing or whatever. But from what I've seen it needs to be used in a completely different way than a true RPG. No more running and playing rocket frog.
I'm hoping the beta will convince me otherwise, but I'm very apprehensive about it at this point.
And since I've never been overly happy with BF4, I kinda don't trust DICE to deliver something I'll enjoy.

Hah, same here on the highlighted. Something is different about the driving dynamics in 4. And those gunboats seem overpowered, except against each other or a master heli pilot, which is pretty rare. I hate being left alone in the passenger seat of a vehicle having to exit to reenter. Wish there was a quick seat switch system.

I only recently started playing BF4 after tons of 3, so I am unlikely to go to Battlefront or One anytime soon.

Mahonay

Banned
Hah, same here on the highlighted. Something is different about the driving dynamics in 4. And those gunboats seem overpowered, except against each other or a master heli pilot, which is pretty rare. I hate being left alone in the passenger seat of a vehicle having to exit to reenter. Wish there was a quick seat switch system.

I only recently started playing BF4 after tons of 3, so I am unlikely to go to Battlefront or One anytime soon.
Whenever I'm in a gunboat or an LAV and doing really well, I find the one thing that takes me out amazingly quickly are the jets. Before I can even figure out what's happening I'm dead. Then I get to watch the plane casually swoop by in the kill cam.

Skilled attack heli pilots can really ruin your shit too.

With a team that's working together in BF4 there's a counter for everything.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

There is. It's X on PlayStation as I recall, so maybe try the jump button for whatever platform you're on. Unfortunately it's a cyclical switch and you can't always immediately jump to the seat you want (man Warhawk had that back in 2007).

zma1013

Anyone have any idea why I can't log in? I put in the correct name and password and then it goes right back to the default login page like I never did anything.

AndyD

aka andydumi
There is. It's X on PlayStation as I recall, so maybe try the jump button for whatever platform you're on. Unfortunately it's a cyclical switch and you can't always immediately jump to the seat you want (man Warhawk had that back in 2007).

Really? I'll have to give it a try. Nothing worse than being caught on the off side of a boat or heli and not being able to man the machine gun pointing to the enemy.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/29/new-battlefield-ui-is-coming-to-battlefield-4-first-this-summer/
nR9evy9.jpg

It doesn't mention PC in that picture...

WillyFive

It was in the BF1 PC alpha (albeit non-functional).

I imagine it says PS4 and Xbox One because the news was already posted on Battlelog for PC a while ago.

Darkwater

Just got the base game and China Rising. That last one was on the house. But be straight with me, BF-GAF: I need premium to maximize enjoyment, right?

Also, I had about 38 Battlepacks in my inventory when I bought it. Why was that? Some kind of booster to compensate being so late to the party? Honestly, I do appreciate it. The starting gear is awful if you're up against so many rank 100+ people. Now at least I have some decent add-ons on the guns I already have unlocked.

EDIT: also, referring to the OT title, what about the game is still broken?

Just got the base game and China Rising. That last one was on the house. But be straight with me, BF-GAF: I need premium to maximize enjoyment, right?

Also, I had about 38 Battlepacks in my inventory when I bought it. Why was that? Some kind of booster to compensate being so late to the party? Honestly, I do appreciate it. The starting gear is awful if you're up against so many rank 100+ people. Now at least I have some decent add-ons on the guns I already have unlocked.

EDIT: also, referring to the OT title, what about the game is still broken?

you don't need premium, but it does include some great maps.

OT2 was made in early 2014

Darkwater

you don't need premium, but it does include some great maps.

OT2 was made in early 2014

Thanks! Guess I'll need to fork over the cash to get all the maps, then.

At this point all the packs have been made free right? Are there premium maps not part of the free packs?

They were all free at some point. Right now, China Rising is free, which is the last one to get the 'On The House'-treatment on Origin. Sadly, I missed all the other ones.

edit: to answer your question, all the maps you get from premium have been free at one point, seeing as premium includes all dlc and all dlc has been free.

Coolluck

Are the 64-Player TDM and Gun Master matches a new addition? Seems like ever since Dragon Valley a couple servers with those options have popped up. It's insanely fun chaos. Except for Operation Locker. Just reminds me of the Metro clusterfuck that would always happen.

Darkwater

Origin's have a sale on a bunch of things Battlefield, mostly 3, 4 & Hardline. Seems to be 40-50% discount on average.

https://www.origin.com/nl-nl/store/deals/sale/battlefield

Dutch link, should redirect you just fine.

I hope they do another round of the on the house DLC, I missed two of them :(

Same! I only got China Rising out of that. I got Origin Access to get all the Premium stuff and not pay a hefty price, at least for now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope they do another round of the on the house DLC, I missed two of them :(

Most likely not gonna happen with BF1 already in the pipe within two months. You either need to buy Premium or just accept you don't have them all.

Origin's have a sale on a bunch of things Battlefield, mostly 3, 4 & Hardline. Seems to be 40-50% discount on average.

https://www.origin.com/nl-nl/store/deals/sale/battlefield

Dutch link, should redirect you just fine.

Same! I only got China Rising out of that. I got Origin Access to get all the Premium stuff and not pay a hefty price, at least for now.
Guess I should pick up Hardline on PC for $5 since I already got the DLC for free...

Theorry

Didnt play for a while but now with the boost this weekend trying to get to level 140.
Any big things changed like with guns. Some OP guns i need to be aware off? Remember shotguns got a big buff a while ago?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just hope to god that rush is significantly better this time round.

Well, according to Kane they're hardlocking it to 24 or so players for ranked. So that means server owners that go above that won't have their server be "ranked." The other is that they're putting it in the open beta, which means they have some what confidence they didn't fuck it up unlike BF4's beta which hid it
but gave us Sabotage so it wasn't a complete wash

Top Bottom