• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

If it stays 24-player, that's a good sign. If it includes the hero characters, that's a bad sign.

Agreed on player count.

That part gives me hope.

Well, according to Kane they're hardlocking it to 24 or so players for ranked. So that means server owners that go above that won't have their server be "ranked." The other is that they're putting it in the open beta, which means they have some what confidence they didn't fuck it up unlike BF4's beta which hid it
but gave us Sabotage so it wasn't a complete wash

Excellent on the hard lock.

Another thing bieng that the M-coms maybe level based rather than the same boxes scattered around.

Which, hopefully means they thought well enough to design the rush (portion) map around the objective rather then the other way round.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Excellent on the hard lock.

Another thing bieng that the M-coms maybe level based rather than the same boxes scattered around.

Which, hopefully means they thought well enough to design the rush (portion) map around the objective rather then the other way round.

Hopefully. The Rush-first design is what I've been harping on about since BF3. The hard lock (or at least designing for 64-player Rush if possible) was a thing I harped on about in BF4. I guess my complaint FINALLY got through to t1gg3 on CTE.

Which, yes Kane: Maybe DICE-LA couldn't have fixed BF4's map design issues/Rush faults in BF4. We'll see, the beta is what is gonna sell me on this outing because if Rush isn't good and the maps aren't great for Sabotage I'm not really hyped.

Just had a quick go there. All the front menus are completely changed but the game itself seems unchanged. Just played 5 minutes of conquest.

Shadybiz

Just fired this up for the first time in like a year, I guess in preparation for Battlefield 1 (also I have a crippling Rocket League addiction, which prevented me from playing). I really forgot how good it was, and how much they improved it since the awful launch. I like to blow tanks up...it's just stupid fun.

MANGOD

Banned
Again Ive lost my progress in single player. This has happened at least 5 times and its an absolute DISGRACE from ea! The bugs in this game are a complete joke from game saves being erased to not being able to finish a goddam level and having to restart to progress!

WillyFive

Again Ive lost my progress in single player. This has happened at least 5 times and its an absolute DISGRACE from ea! The bugs in this game are a complete joke from game saves being erased to not being able to finish a goddam level and having to restart to progress!

They never cared about single player, it was never good and they never fixed it.

According to Battlelog, I skipped a whole level and it won't let me finish it (I actually did finish it, it just didn't save it), so it now shows me the ridiculous scenario of having the 6th level shown as locked while the 7th level is shown as completed.

To fix it I imagine I'll have to replay the whole thing (since you can't just pick a level to replay it), and I have no desire to do that.

TheSeks

Just play it on Easy and back up your save once you're done for the day. You only need to get to the end level and then replay that 3 time to get the unlocks.

TheSeks

BF3's wasn't that bad outside of a few elements. 4 was actually pretty good (IMO). Though 3 hides it's unlocks behind the co-op game while 4 hides 3 behind the SP.

WillyFive

I liked BF3's campaign more because it had a premise. An off-brand Jack Ryan novel.

BF4's campaign is just plain nothing. No plot, no moments, just back to back tech demos.

Have any of the recent patches done anything to improve the framerate in 64 player matches? I'd like to play again but going from SWBF with its perfect 60fps to BF4 with its sporadic high 40s to high 50s fps is jarring.

Lulu23

Have any of the recent patches done anything to improve the framerate in 64 player matches? I'd like to play again but going from SWBF with its perfect 60fps to BF4 with its sporadic high 40s to high 50s fps is jarring.

No, not at all. It's really a shame they haven't fixed that. Even a 30fps option would make it way more playable than it currently is.

I only enter servers with 44 players max now because I can actually play the game then.

So I try to use the server browser. It's terrible now.

Everytime you boot the game up you have to manually select your filters. So I scroll through and select my pre made filters in order to get the types of matches I want. Normally BF4 just saved your last filter and kept it on the default.

So everytime I boot up BF4 I have to select my Conquest Large Filter, Normal, not hardcore. And then I have to hit L3 two or three times (which is slow) to get to the list of servers organized by player count. Because otherwise right now on any other setting, it just gives me 100 empty servers at the top of the list.

This is so fucked.

Lulu23

This is so fucked.

I also don't get why they don't offer servers with maps from all expansions.
This update would have been (like countless occasions before it) a nice opportunity now that all DLCs have been free.
Is it so hard to add some official servers for each game mode with a map rotation of ALL maps, not just vanilla?

Sometimes I'm really baffled at how they don't see these issues when they're so simple to fix and damage the game so much.

Then again, why should they even care if I can play the DLC maps after paying for them?
Also offering only shitty servers creates an incentive to rent a server, so yeah I probably do know why they do it.

What's the battlefield faithfuls impressions of bf1? I won't be able to play it for a few days so want to know what all my boys think.

I am still real iffy about the changes to conquest and also the revive system. So how is conquest and playing as a medic? How is 24 player rush compared to 32?

What's the battlefield faithfuls impressions of bf1? I won't be able to play it for a few days so want to know what all my boys think.

I am still real iffy about the changes to conquest and also the revive system. So how is conquest and playing as a medic? How is 24 player rush compared to 32?

Rush on this map seems ok... not great or anything like that...

dunno where the defenders spawn on the last set but it seemed like they came from right next door... so many dudes pouring in.

haven't tried CQ on the map yet.

i like it, prefer the old conquest but i like it. a bit buggy and medic needs work like seeing who can be revived. but overall its great

Rush on this map seems ok... not great or anything like that...

dunno where the defenders spawn on the last set but it seemed like they came from right next door... so many dudes pouring in.

haven't tried CQ on the map yet.

i like it, prefer the old conquest but i like it. a bit buggy and medic needs work like seeing who can be revived. but overall its great

Not the glowing impressions I was hoping for, but not bad either. Can't wait to get home and play later today. Thanks guys.

The Beta Map is terrible in all honesty.

I best part is C flag.

And the same goes for Rush, with the last area bringing that Rush goodness we all demand.

Well its battlefield and it plays like battlefield. Its what i expected and what i wanted.

Except it doesn't though from what I've read. The changes to conquest, no repairs from engineer, shitty revive system. Sure it's large scale with character classes and vehicles, but DICE really has changed some core parts of the game.

Except it doesn't though from what I've read. The changes to conquest, no repairs from engineer, shitty revive system. Sure it's large scale with character classes and vehicles, but DICE really has changed some core parts of the game.

Conquest plays different, but im still enjoying it tbh. And doesnt mean they wont have classic conquest in the full game so im not too worried.

mitchman

Gold Member

I best part is C flag.

And the same goes for Rush, with the last area bringing that Rush goodness we all demand.

I don't think they are testing the map in itself, more stability on the client and servers in particular.

TheSeks

I best part is C flag.

I don't think the map is terrible. I think it's the funky design decisions (who seriously thought grenades against a 500 meter tank camp was a good idea?) that hinder it more than the map design itself.

Well its battlefield and it plays like battlefield. Its what i expected and what i wanted.

Not with this terrible gunplay it doesn't.

TheSeks

What's wrong with the gunplay?

Ranges for classes. To where you can't shoot "out of your intended range" to hassle snipers. In BF4, I can shoot an SMG at someone about 500 meters down range on Siege of Shanghai, get hits on them in addition to Suppression (on both sides) and possibly kill them. Here, you have no means of doing that to where Snipers are the go-to answer if you want to attempt to have any semblance of hitting at all ranges.

I get they want to fix the BC2-style "all guns can snipe across the map because they have no drop outside of snipers" but come on.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ranges for classes. To where you can't shoot "out of your intended range" to hassle snipers. In BF4, I can shoot an SMG at someone about 500 meters down range on Siege of Shanghai, get hits on them in addition to Suppression (on both sides) and possibly kill them. Here, you have no means of doing that to where Snipers are the go-to answer if you want to attempt to have any semblance of hitting at all ranges.

I get they want to fix the BC2-style "all guns can snipe across the map because they have no drop outside of snipers" but come on.

Indeed. What they really need is better drop/spread physics (a la snipers in other games) at range to create suppression but not significant damage at extreme range. Instead, there's nothing.

TheSeks

Indeed. What they really need is better drop/spread physics (a la snipers in other games) at range to create suppression but not significant damage at extreme range. Instead, there's nothing.

At least the horse's bolt action lets you do snipers shots with no drop. So consolation prize I guess?

Surfinn

I've gotta say, I've had almost no problem with snipers. Unless you're team is getting obliterated (which does happen but it sucks either way) and you have to run across the map to get to ANY point, you don't need to worry about it. I'd say 90% of my deaths are non-sniper. You have to make sure you're spawning smart and waiting for a chance to spawn somewhere effective if you're getting killed by snipers regularly.

The VAST MAJORITY of snipers get their kills but don't actively contribute anything to their team. Just ignore them and spawn with your team around buildings/on points.

Almost all of my deaths are from close-medium range infantry and vehicles.

I will agree though that you should be able to hit someone from any range.

Top Bottom