• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

SJS

Hey PS4 people, a bit of info about the loadout glitch:

Going Quick Match seems to get your stats reset to some degree, and EXP / skill rating are primarily affected. So far, I've had a 100% guarantee in stat / loadout restoration by server browsing into China Rising maps (and occasionally regular maps). I recommend that you try this out if you're frustrated with the servers now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So far, I've had a 100% guarantee in stat / loadout restoration by server browsing into China Rising maps (and occasionally regular maps). I recommend that you try this out if you're frustrated with the servers now.
After you've played a CR map, do the restored loadouts carry over to non-CR maps?

Going Quick Match seems to get your stats reset to some degree, and EXP / skill rating are primarily affected. So far, I've had a 100% guarantee in stat / loadout restoration by server browsing into China Rising maps (and occasionally regular maps). I recommend that you try this out if you're frustrated with the servers now.

If I quit out and rejoin a match (any mode/map), it seems to fix itself. But in my case, I only experienced load out reset once.

Megasoum

Banned
Me and my friend keep getting kicked out of games tonight.. The screen suddenly goes black and then we get the message "Could not join server (1)" in battlelog.

Stratn

Just lost all of my Multiplayer progress!! Single player is gone too (not that I give a shit) I checked my PSN account for cloud storage and was going to restore it, but my last backup was while playing so I didn't do it. Is there anything I can do? 53 hours gone down the drain?

Acorn

Just lost all of my Multiplayer progress!! Single player is gone too (not that I give a shit) I checked my PSN account for cloud storage and was going to restore it, but my last backup was while playing so I didn't do it. Is there anything I can do? 53 hours gone down the drain?
Multiplayer stats are held on dice servers. They'll return once they sync properly.

Single player your fucked though, happened to me everytime for that mode.

Stratn

Multiplayer stats are held on dice servers. They'll return once they sync properly.

Single player your fucked though, happened to me everytime for that mode.

Thank you, makes me feel a little better. I would not start over from scratch, I would trade this game in if that was the case!

I keep trying to love this game like I have the previous 5 I've played, but I just can't. The lag and netcode is killing my enjoyment completely. I don't even care about k/d or win/loss, I just want to mess around for fun. However putting a whole clip in a guy and seeing only 30% of his health gone when I die is infuriating.

Someone in here mentioned the white squares on the top right being an indication of some kind of network issue. It's on my screen permanently. This is way worse than it was when it first came out.

I feel like I wasted my money :(

Kak.efes

I love how when I get into the air, I get locked on the moment I take off, but opposing players go on twenty kill streaks, and stay up forever. Usually a good sign you're on a team that's complete fucking garbage. Even with like ten guys from GAF, we couldn't turn the tide in that parcel round. The rest of the players were that shit.

I've been backing up my saves to USB as well as the PS+ cloud to avoid this situation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DICE says 4 AM est is an estimate...

Earlier than I expected. I thought I'd have time to do some errands, download Ikaruga and then download Second Assault. Damn it DICE. Delay it until the afternoon a little. ;_;

Oddly enough the exact opposite worked for me. Was getting all reset weaponry on the browser and then tried quickmatch, fixed.

Azriell

Does anyone know if you play while glitched, with zero progress, if you keep the weapon exp you earn when you sync back with servers? I don't mind having the opportunity to level guns I never play with, but not if it's not going to save.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
No. Communication is ALWAYS a good thing. If someone communicates well they'll be yelling "B! B! B! THEY'RE ARMING B!" Or "Five at C" to give a heads up on flag situations if they die.

The shitty ones that communicate are the ones that go "sniper... north of... uh..." and don't really give a good direction.

Communication HELPS to make sure you hold things.

Yelling 5 at the thing ontop of B at around that area adds to the comedy that is GAF Battlefield.

Edit: Here's the Second Assault release timing: http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-second-assault-access-and-release-timing/

Battlefield 4 Second Assault is available for all players to purchase and access beginning March 4th.

Battlefield 4 Premium Members, however, have the chance to jump in as soon as February 18th, thanks to the early-access perk included as a part of Battlefield 4 Premium.

PC Players simply need to jump into their Origin client, click on Battlefield 4, then the gray "i" information icon, select the Second Assault tile and click download.
Note, Premium players with early access will see Second Assault (Early Access).
Coinciding with Second Assault's release, there is also a patch for all Battlefield 4 players. Please be sure to download both the patch and the Second Assault downloadable content in order to play.

Console players can find Second Assault available in the Battlefield 4 in-game store during the following, respective time frames:
  • Xbox 360: 1:00AM PST -- 5:00AM PST / 9:00AM GMT -- 13:00 GMT
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST -- 6:00PM PST
  • PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2:00PM GMT -- 6:00PM GMT
Note, Xbox One players should already have access to Second Assault.

Rey

Yes.

FYI: On PS4, the advised way of getting the download once it's out is apparently to go to the "Library > BF4 > Related Items > Second Assault".

Yeah it was a real hassle to get the China Rising DLC to work so I'm expecting the same now.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Second Assault is up for me - PC/UK.

Yeah, released at 09:00

5qa4P7r.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Downloading now. Looking forward to some Firestorm.

Omni

Servers down on 360 for four hours... "we're sorry for the inconvenience"... gaah. COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE IT EARLIER, DICE?! I wants Second Assault.

This has frustrated me. Was hoping to play tonight. Back to Halo 4 I guess...

It's up for PS4? Where do you find the download, or is it automatic for Premium members?

Acorn is referring to:
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST -- 6:00PM PST
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2:00PM GMT -- 6:00PM GMT

so it should pop up in the store in between 2PM and 6PM. Keep hammering PS-Webstore search with "Second Assault" until you see it :D
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-fi/search/q=second assault
(replace en-fi with your own countrycode)

Omni

While sitting at the main menu, the servers came back online and I unlocked the Veteran's Battlepack. better late than never. hah.

Edit. And it looks like update 7 is out on 360 too.

as well as a pistol shortcut kit on the Marketplace (it's free)

Kabuto

still downloading over here :[

Zero-downtime Update, Feb 18 2014

We are updating Battlelog on the web today, and will be rolling out the mobile update in the coming days. Details on the mobile app update to follow later.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Second Assault maps and modes are now available on Battlelog

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- You can now see the amount of kills with your second and third best weapon and vehicle on the Soldier overview page
- Added a button to directly go and view the associated weapon, when getting weapon accessories in Battlepacks
- The progress bar is now shown for Kit Unlocks under Unlocks -> Weapons
- You can now see which expansion pack a weapon belongs to in Stats -> Weapons
- You can now see which expansion pack a map belongs to on the Server Info Page's map rotation
- Feed comments that have been cut off due to length (with a ...) can now be expanded to see the full comment
- Improvements to Recommended Servers to better promote highly populated servers
- Various minor improvements and tweaks

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where Conquest and Conquest Large were mixed up, causing the Server Browser to always select both and only showing Conquest in the servers list. It also broke the Live Scoreboard for Conquest.
- Fixed an issue where Air Superiority did not appear in the Server Browser filter
- Fixed an issue where Game Activity could not be shown
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't click the "view all players" button or see the individual player info boxes in Battle Reports

- Fixed the links to the Battlelog and Commander iOS and Android apps, which didn't always work as intended
- Fixed an issue where the wrong font color was sometimes used on the name displayed on the dog tag
- Fixed an issue where linking to a news post in the wrong locale ended up with a 404; it will now redirect to the English news post instead
- Fixed an issue in Chrome where the images didn't always load on the main not-signed-in page
- Various minor fixes

SMH at bolded

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can't join any of the servers. Battlelog/game thinks I don't own Premium/Second Assault.

TheSeks

SMH at bolded

Yep. Air Superiority (terrible mode) was replaced by Capture the Flag (decent mode) in the server browser on PC.

I laughed hardcore when I saw that when someone asked about it. So they're fixing it, nice. But it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Acorn is referring to:
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST -- 6:00PM PST
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2:00PM GMT -- 6:00PM GMT

so it should pop up in the store in between 2PM and 6PM. Keep hammering PS-Webstore search with "Second Assault" until you see it :D
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-fi/search/q=second assault
(replace en-fi with your own countrycode)

seems it's up for ps3 in my region but not for ps4 :'( (belgium)

EDIT: UH OH , i just read this on reddit :

Uh oh... bad news for Playstation owners.

Console players can find Second Assault available in the Battlefield 4 in-game store during the following, respective time frames:

Xbox 360: 1:00AM PST -- 5:00AM PST
9:00AM GMT -- 13:00 GMT
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): This deployment has been rescheduled, we will share the latest as soon a we can.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): This deployment has been rescheduled, we will share the latest as soon as we can.

TheSeks

Hahahaha. Stay losing, peasants. *L to forehead, smug*

That royally sucks.

EatChildren

First map I played was 64 player Metro.

Top Bottom