• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

SMH EatChildren...

At least do Caspian or Oman.

yeah gotta go Oman and instantly get:
rambo-o.gif
chuck-norris-m60-o.gif

Well me too and Vita Remote Play decided to shit itself today of all days :/ PS4 not found.

5 hours of WAITING.

quoting myself because apparently there's a new PS4 firmware patch TODAY that is of course blocking all remote downloads and plays until i get home and install that thing :E

Omni

It's going to be jarring playing on these maps on rotation on console.

The kind of people that want to play Metro all the time don't want anything to do with Oman. Custom servers need to get here soooon

Facism

That feel when server rotates Crapsian border, Operation Scheissestorm and Operation Badtro, rubbing dem hands waiting for the GOAT Oman, only to cycle back to Scheissestorm.

Terrible server.

Milennia

i thought i could catch a break and they would release it early in america on psn.

im sad.
time to wait and play my final games of titanfall beta.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really don't like the new colour palette for Firestorm at all. Also the major fire's transparency mapping knocks my framerate in half.

Facism

second attempt to play on Oman, admin switches the map because his framerate tanks when the storm came in :i

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PS3/PS4 2nd Assault is "rescheduled" because it goes live when the PSN Store updates.

No big patch before the DLC :(

terrible

Banned
PS3/PS4 2nd Assault is "rescheduled" because it goes live when the PSN Store updates.

No big patch before the DLC :(

When does the store update? Is it expected to still come out today at least? I'm just hoping it'll be available when I get home tonight.

ChrisW

PS4 Side note: isn't the PS4 supposed to download updates on its own even in standby mode? I'm now having to sit for 20 minutes to download the patch for the PS4.

I only get an hour of spare time through the day whilst my son naps and now I'm eating into it whilst I wait!

PS4 Side note: isn't the PS4 supposed to download updates on its own even in standby mode? I'm now having to sit for 20 minutes to download the patch for the PS4.

I only get an hour of spare time through the day whilst my son naps and now I'm eating into it whilst I wait!

see my post above, it wont download anything until you go home and manually install the new Firmware update.
edit: unless you've already done that, and in that case it should yes. But Second Assault is NOT a patch/update. You need to activate the download either on the PS4 or online via the Store's Download List.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Second Assault isn't a game update, it's DLC addon content, those don't download automatically.

ChrisW

Sorry, I'm talking about the 1.61 update for the actual system. I've checked my settings and it's all set up to download them automatically.

EDIT: just joined a game and lost all my unlocks, playing with the standard equipment.

Also on the playstation app you can download second assault, it says "waiting", then "Playable" but hasn't downloaded :-/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sorry, I'm talking about the 1.61 update for the actual system. I've checked my settings and it's all set up to download them automatically.

EDIT: just joined a game and lost all my unlocks, playing with the standard equipment.

Also on the playstation app you can download second assault, it says "waiting", then "Playable" but hasn't downloaded :-/

The PS4 only checks for game/firmware updates once a day, at around 4 am local time. If anything gets released after that point (which is seemingly very frequent), then the PS4 only detects and downloads those updates the following day's 4 am.

Omni

My initial impressions of the maps:

Oman: Why they didn't just have the storm on as default is beyond me. It makes the map a hell of a lot better. Without it and all you have is the BF3 version... which after two years, while still fun, is a bit dull.

Caspian: The big wall is in a weird place... even on conquest I'm noticing a lot of the action happens in and around the damn thing. Which is a bad thing, IMO. Makes it too hard to push through (or easy to lock down), whichever way you want to go. And visually the map is incredibly dull in comparison to what it looked like before. Not really feeling the changes.

Metro: Plays the same. Those extra passageways are, as far as I can tell, useless. The lack of a blue filter is nice... but it's just so dark and desaturated now. Like they've gone too far in the other direction.

Firestorm: Hate it. Doesn't feel right at all. Looks like crap and is very dull to play. There's nothing particularly exciting about it. It will probably turn into my sniping and trolling map. And that stupid assignment that makes everyone gravitate towards that tower is, well... stupid. Too many snipers.

Oman > Metro > Caspian > Firestorm.

Top Bottom