• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

zma1013

I'm actually dredding the release of Metro a bit. I fear many servers are going to instantly change to 24/7 64 player Metro meat grinders.

btkadams

Seriously, Every BF4 thread in the gaming section only serves for people to shit on dice and ea. Yeah the game still has some issues but it's definitely playable. You wouldn't know that looking at a gaming side thread though.
echoing faceless master's words here. blame ea and dice, not the many who bought the game and have had to deal with these problems. i had battlefield 4 crash 3 times yesterday, and people are experiencing other issues too.

i'm still really enjoying the game, but let's not pretend that this is cynical gaf going overboard. it's certainly better than it was at launch, but there are still problems. AND they're apparently putting these maps on the store with a bug(s?) that were in the xbox one version released a whiile back.
It's coming out riddled with bugs.

dn1CzCf.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xte41/second_assault_arrives_on_february_18_for_bf4/

Milennia

You guys are like battered wives defending DICE. All the shit in that thread is justified.

justified for sure.
not there, however, it kills any possible conversation that can take place that pertains to the actual subject.
no matter what the thread is, its always derailed.

i went in there expecting to discuss SA, or would have liked to at least.
game is fucked, doesnt mean there arent people who want to discuss it, that in fact, currently enjoy it.
waiting for a thread in gaming to pop up just so you can ask if the game is fixed yet doesnt even show much interest in the first place.

we can answer nearly anything anyone could ever ask about the game in this very thread, and its been around since launch.

btkadams

if i am in a party chat with a friend and we are both in a squad, can other people in our squad hear us, even though they aren't in our party? how does the chat in this game work?

i've only ever heard one person talking in our squad and it was in a different language, so i have no idea if he heard us or not. i really hope my friend and i haven't been broadcasting our shenanigans to team-mates unknowingly.

Milennia

if i am in a party chat with a friend and we are both in a squad, can other people in our squad hear us, even though they aren't in our party? how does the chat in this game work?

i've only ever heard one person talking in our squad and it was in a different language, so i have no idea if he heard us or not. i really hope my friend and i haven't been broadcasting our shenanigans to team-mates unknowingly.

nope, or at least i havent heard of that every happening nor experienced it for myself.

i get that shit bug where you can hear the squad when your in party chat all the time though.
confuses the shit out of me.

one of the reasons i would like chat box on consoles, people dont shut up when i play on PC if they are typing.
its really weird that a game like this has like, nobody talking.

justified for sure.
not there, however, it kills any possible conversation that can take place that pertains to the actual subject.
no matter what the thread is, its always derailed.

i went in there expecting to discuss SA, or would have liked to at least.
game is fucked, doesnt mean there arent people who want to discuss it, that in fact, currently enjoy it.
waiting for a thread in gaming to pop up just so you can ask if the game is fixed yet doesnt even show much interest in the first place.

we can answer nearly anything anyone could ever ask about the game in this very thread, and its been around since launch.

know what kills positive conversation? single player being critically broken with save eating bugs and the best they could do was 'reduce the odds' of it happening. i don't even play single player and i think that is a fucking joke. 100% clownshoes level right there. how can you honestly dislike people who shit in a port-a-potty?

Milennia

know what kills positive conversation? single player being critically broken with save eating bugs and the best they could do was 'reduce the odds' of it happening. i don't even play single player and i think that is a fucking joke. 100% clownshoes level right there. how can you honestly dislike people who shit in a port-a-potty?

but waiting for a thread about something entirely different, and completely derailing the subject to say "is the single player fixed"?

i understand the anger, i dont defend DICE, i have enormous blocks of text in the OT dedicated to shitting on decisions and bugs.

but i still like playing the game and want to discuss it.
talking about bugs in every thread known to man that revolves around this game, even threads that arent pertaining to bugs but DLC packs, is tiring.

i just want to have normal conversation and not get derailed by driveby comments.
thankfully this thread gets next to none of that, and usually consists of actual conversation about the game and the bugs themselves.

as opposed to the ever present global question that nobody will ever be able to say yes to ever about anything ever "is the game fixed?"

but waiting for a thread about something entirely different, and completely derailing the subject to say "is the single player fixed"?

i understand the anger, i dont defend DICE, i have enormous blocks of text in the OT dedicated to shitting on decisions and bugs.

but i still like playing the game and want to discuss it.
talking about bugs in every thread known to man that revolves around this game, even threads that arent pertaining to bugs but DLC packs, is tiring.

i just want to have normal conversation and not get derailed by driveby comments.
then you're in the right thread.

Milennia

then you're in the right thread.

yes and i have been since launch.
i just get annoyed when there could have been some perfectly good conversation surrounding SA in general.

but w.e i guess, its not like we havent discussed it to death here already and will further come tomorrow (if psn decides to not be an asshole or we have the same issue that took place during the CR launch, where some people couldnt download the DLC at all)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

To be a tiny little bit of fair (on PS4), the Playstation OS is very crash prone and the "crash to dash" thing that still occurs in BF4, is in no way isolated to BF4 and can happen in any game. Still I would agree DICE earned this one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lol
To be a tiny little bit of fair (on PS4), the Playstation OS is very crash prone and the "crash to dash" thing that still occurs in BF4, is in no way isolated to BF4 and can happen in any game. Still I would agree DICE earned this one.
Im a DICE fanboy and i agree, the game released as a mess and they handled it poorly.. "You reap what you sow"

But i understand dudes trying to talk about the Second Assault too.

btkadams

do a lot of you guys play solo (online, but not with a friend)? what's the main draw that keeps you coming back to the game? my friend and i (also a fellow gaffer) both just bought premium after putting about 10 hours into the game together, but our schedules don't really line up that often. screwing around with a friend is great fun, but i obviously need to find out what i should be doing to enjoy my time alone.

the customization is so intense that i'm finding it a bit intimidating. unlocks pop up on the screen when i'm playing and i don't even pay attention. is that progression the main draw? i'm starting to finally comprehend how it all works (battlepacks, for one), but it seems like there is SO much to unlock that the idea of unlocking everything seems laughable.

Milennia

do a lot of you guys play solo? what's the main draw that keeps you coming back to the game? my friend and i (also a fellow gaffer) both just bought premium after putting about 10 hours into the game together, but our schedules don't really line up that often. screwing around with a friend is great fun, but i obviously need to find out what i should be doing to enjoy my time alone.

the customization is so intense that i'm finding it a bit intimidating. unlocks pop up on the screen when i'm playing and i don't even pay attention. is that progression the main draw? i'm starting to finally comprehend how it all works (battlepacks, for one), but it seems like there is SO much to unlock that the idea of unlocking everything seems laughable.
if your new its overwhelming, thats pretty common.
the draw would be unlocks, since there are a ton of them.

theres a lot of solo advice that i can give you, but it depends on what game modes you like to play (im pretty strictly conquest, especially when i play solo) as well as class.
(class should be changing depending on the situation)

do a lot of you guys play solo (online, but not with a friend)? what's the main draw that keeps you coming back to the game? my friend and i (also a fellow gaffer) both just bought premium after putting about 10 hours into the game together, but our schedules don't really line up that often. screwing around with a friend is great fun, but i obviously need to find out what i should be doing to enjoy my time alone.

I play entirely alone. I mostly play Recon, which helps, as I think it's the most self sufficient class. C4 to take out tanks, motion sensors to watch your back, and a carbine to take a conquest flag all by your lonesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
one of the reasons i would like chat box on consoles, people dont shut up when i play on PC if they are typing.
its really weird that a game like this has like, nobody talking.

*raises hand* Plus it helps my crippling social anxiety that mics don't. I can yell "B YOU ASSFUCKS" in text while not in voice. Helps Faceless and B GTFBacktobaseandhelpmeyounotnoticingassesD:

Acorn

I play solo most of the time with voip blocked, life is too short to deal with assholes. I still play because I enjoy it and generally anything that needs to be communicated can be in the commarose.

btkadams

if your new its overwhelming, thats pretty common.
the draw would be unlocks, since there are a ton of them.

theres a lot of solo advice that i can give you, but it depends on what game modes you like to play (im pretty strictly conquest, especially when i play solo) as well as class.
(class should be changing depending on the situation)
it's really hard to tell which gamemodes i prefer at this point. i really enjoy conquest with a friend because we can screw around a bit and rounds last longer. it's more difficult to feel engaged in it on my own though, as it seems like i have very little impact on the match (translation: i suck). maybe it will be more fun when i'm better at the game. i played some tdm for the first time last night for a few hours and really enjoyed the smaller matches, as i actually came up near the top of the list. i seem to prefer close-quarter combat the most. domination is nice too, for that reason as well. i haven't played much of the other modes yet to really have an impression.
getting unlocks
learning the quirks of new weapons
and just because i like pwning noobs

I play entirely alone. I mostly play Recon, which helps, as I think it's the most self sufficient class. C4 to take out tanks, motion sensors to watch your back, and a carbine to take a conquest flag all by your lonesome.

ah, so it seems like the unlocks ARE the big draw. nothing wrong with that. i had a blast unlocking stuff in shadow fall. i've still only tried the assault class haha. maybe i'll try the others tonight.
I play solo most of the time with voip blocked, life is too short to deal with assholes. I still play because I enjoy it and generally anything that needs to be communicated can be in the commarose.
are you playing on pc? no one ever seems to talk on the ps4 version. maybe that's a good thing?

Acorn

it's really hard to tell which gamemodes i prefer at this point. i really enjoy conquest with a friend because we can screw around a bit and rounds last longer. it's more difficult to feel engaged in it on my own though, as it seems like i have very little impact on the match (translation: i suck). maybe it will be more fun when i'm better at the game. i played some tdm for the first time last night for a few hours and really enjoyed the smaller matches, as i actually came up near the top of the list. i seem to prefer close-quarter combat the most. domination is nice too, for that reason as well. i haven't played much of the other modes yet to really have an impression.

ah, so it seems like the unlocks ARE the big draw. nothing wrong with that. i had a blast unlocking stuff in shadow fall. i've still only tried the assault class haha. maybe i'll try the others tonight.

are you playing on pc? no one ever seems to talk on the ps4 version. maybe that's a good thing?
PS4.

I miss my friends only mic stuff from the 360. There is no way to block mics from assholes on fifa for example.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No. Communication is ALWAYS a good thing. If someone communicates well they'll be yelling "B! B! B! THEY'RE ARMING B!" Or "Five at C" to give a heads up on flag situations if they die.

The shitty ones that communicate are the ones that go "sniper... north of... uh..." and don't really give a good direction.

Communication HELPS to make sure you hold things.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Joined danthaman .. got in the other team: Cool.
Next match i move into his team, Squad full: Cool.
Next match the swaps the teams again: Cool.
I try to swap the team "You cant, you just swapped teams": Cool
Spawn in a tank, no gunner gun.. Crashes: Cool

DAT USER EXPERIENCE
It's incredible that it was a design decision to drop the Squad Up option. SMH

EDIT: Also im not a fan of the lasers spots getting stuck in geometry since release.

RaptorGTA

EDIT: Also im not a fan of the lasers spots getting stuck in geometry since release.

I cant believe this is still an issue. I mean PC runs fine for me..but honestly the rough launch just really soured this game for me. I loved BF3 even with its fault..but I just find it insulting on how BF4 game was released..like we wouldn't noticed the game was in Beta state...

Timu

do a lot of you guys play solo (online, but not with a friend)? what's the main draw that keeps you coming back to the game?
A lot of things:

Been playing BF games for years and wanted to play this.
Unlocks.
Maps.
Knifing people.

I may stop playing it once TitanFall comes, could come back to it most likely for the new maps though.

Top Bottom