• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Finally booted it up. First time since they patched it.

got through 1 and a half games then it crashed :(

was doing really well too

Question- how do you talk to anyone? i was in a squad and had the headset plugged in, but was talking but it didnt seem to be working? or is that not allowed just like playing with friends

Cyborg

I was playing conquest 64 players. I was going realy good with my tank 24 vs 1 death. And the the game crashed. Fck you DICE,

Played online today. Had a good time.

Thought to myself "Oh, I'll go and check out Campaign some more.."

My save has gone or isn't being recognised.
Hours of progress lost.

This game can die for all I care. That's just ridiculous that a shipped product can do this.

jsip

Banned
Dice has no plans to make it easy on u to play with friends but there is a patch coming to take that damn blur shit out.
They certainly aren't. I was unable to see games my friends were in and they couldnt see mine all day. Had to look up servers by name and good luck. Instead of finding a server with a few free slots and having my friend join quickly, we needed to both be on the browser and at times, neither of us had the same list despite using the same search criteria.

Was working fine until today for some reason. Party forming and the ability to customize loadout out of a game are much needed.

Ark

Question- how do you talk to anyone? i was in a squad and had the headset plugged in, but was talking but it didnt seem to be working? or is that not allowed just like playing with friends

I've got over 40 hours on BF4 right now and I have no idea either. I've tried it and it hasn't worked, I've also had people in my squad talking to each other and I've been able to hear everything they say; other times I can only hear sentences here and there.

I think the entire game is just fucked.

jsip

Banned
I've got over 40 hours on BF4 right now and I have no idea either. I've tried it and it hasn't worked, I've also had people in my squad talking to each other and I've been able to hear everything they say; other times I can only hear sentences here and there.

I think the entire game is just fucked.
Ive had no issues with chat so far. More than likely they aren't using their headset or are in a private party. If headset settings are good in the OS you should be good in game.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Ive had no issues with chat so far. More than likely they aren't using their headset or are in a private party. If headset settings are good in the OS you should be good in game.
When I plugged it in, it made it appear noise was coming out. But then stopped and wouldn't show me talking

Chimed in to say that I got the PS3 version of the game for $25 on Black Friday then did the PS3>PS4 upgrade. For two weeks it worked great then few days ago, it said, "Connection lost" whenever I try to quickmatch or join from the server list..

And these who told me I was nuts for exchanging the PS4 disc for Killzone.. Now do you guys see that this isnt worth $60? Now do you see that I was right all along?

satori

Holy shit I put BF on the back burner for a while due to all the bugs. I been playing the other games anyways. But it seems like the game is still buggy? What a shame. I might just return this copy then. It is unopen and I still have the receipt.

There is not much out there that I want for the ps4 right now though. Any hopes of this game being fixed before the end of this month? I think I have until Jan 14 til I can return this for a full refund.

The lag is atrocious!

Just played Locker and I opened up on an entire squad, got one kill before I died then after I died I got kill notifications for the next 4 players....wow lol

So after playing China Rising for 3 hours since it came out, I decided to jump back into the vanilla maps. First map was that languan dam or whatever it's called and it was a lagfest until it finally gave up and the server crashed.

Seems like the downloadable maps are somewhat better, minus the disappearing sound.

I have not had any problems with the game the last few days. Every mode has run perfectly. I'm kinda down on the progression system though. You have to level everything. I want to play recon class and actually recon, I want to spot, I want to use my gadgets. But that will never help with rifles, I have to shoot and kill with those to get new ones. I want to play Assult but I want to try and heal people but I'm not rewarded for that.

Another day another crash. The last crash i was lucky it was not on the map before where i got the Ace ribbon. That's 4 crashes on 11 matches i played today.

I guess i should be grateful that i was able to get through single player with only 5 crashes and not lose my save file. The SP was pretty ho-hum but i did not buy the game for it so i guess i cant be disappointed.

Also i heard there not going to make a way to easily join up with your friends. Stubborn stupid design decision or the game was rushed and ea is too cheap to have it patched in?

Who Knows? and that answers a lot of questions about this game.

Semper88

Played online today. Had a good time.

Thought to myself "Oh, I'll go and check out Campaign some more.."

My save has gone or isn't being recognised.
Hours of progress lost.

This game can die for all I care. That's just ridiculous that a shipped product can do this.

Don't worry about the campain.. i managed to finish it in one sitting and guess what?!

it sucks

I have not had any problems with the game the last few days. Every mode has run perfectly. I'm kinda down on the progression system though. You have to level everything. I want to play recon class and actually recon, I want to spot, I want to use my gadgets. But that will never help with rifles, I have to shoot and kill with those to get new ones. I want to play Assult but I want to try and heal people but I'm not rewarded for that.
Why do you need new recon rifles for spotting? You can do that without shooting anyone. Also, you get plenty of points for healing, especially in choke points.

Warablo

So my 1911 scope was unlocked like yesterday and now its locked again.. I don't think I am ever going to see it unlocked now..

Timurse

Banned
Yesterday was playing a whole round of maps in Oblitiration - from Golomund to Golomund and then to Operation locker where I crashed. So it gets a little bit more stable. Also 4 maps of China Rising in conquest and no crash at all. Maybe I was lucky recently :D
PS. Yesterday was a good day ;D
6sY0ynSWk.gif

Until DICE :

- Add a squad up option in the menus so that people can group up and join servers together.

- Add an option to adjust your load out in the menus

- Fix the crashing.

- Plethoria of other shit.

I'm out.

Is the china rising sniper rifle unlock bugged for anyone else? No matter what I do, the game will not register my C4 kills.

My problem was getting the 3 ribbons. I really am terrible with sniper rifles in this game so far. Once I got the 3rd one I picked up the DMR and shotgun kills in no time then just ran up to an enemy and c4'd us both to hell to get the gun unlocked. The round was almost over and I was taking no chances :) Are you using c4 with recon or support btw?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Until DICE :

- Add a squad up option in the menus so that people can group up and join servers together.

- Fix the crashing.

I'm out.

This is unfortunate but true. The core game itself is spectacular, probably most fun BF gameplay yet, but that shit needs to be sorted. I will drag along regardless but won't buy any DLC before DICE fixes their stuff.

My problem was getting the 3 ribbons. I really am terrible with sniper rifles in this game so far. Once I got the 3rd one I picked up the DMR and shotgun kills in no time then just ran up to an enemy and c4'd us both to hell to get the gun unlocked. The round was almost over and I was taking no chances :) Are you using c4 with recon or support btw?

I think I have tried both classes, but I can only be certain of support. However, my end game stats will show the dmr kill and the other kill (shotgun?) But never the c4. I will try with recon tonight. Are these accomplishments supposed to be attained in one match? Or are they persistent? My ribbon accomplishments seem to be persistent (for the sniper rifle), but my kill types never carry over.

I was also trying for the assualt weapon but could not get a defib kill for the life of me. I was standing right on top of someone and tried about a half dozen times with no success. In that same match I got killed by defib... Go figure.

Preemo

Banned
Until DICE :

- Fix the crashing.

I'm out.

QFT. bolded's absence is a fucking joke.

people should be getting sacked at DICE left and right.

Does DICE/EA know they have one of the best mp experiences of all time if they just fix the fucking game? When it works, it's sooooo damn good.

Yesterday was playing a whole round of maps in Oblitiration - from Golomund to Golomund and then to Operation locker where I crashed. So it gets a little bit more stable. Also 4 maps of China Rising in conquest and no crash at all. Maybe I was lucky recently :D
PS. Yesterday was a good day ;D
6sY0ynSWk.gif
Sexy. How did you get 60 fps footage?

Ubersnug

Has DICE been forthcoming when the XOne is meant to get the latest patch? The crashing just seems to be getting worse as each day goes forward. At launch, me and my friend hardly had any trouble. But, for the past week, we have been lucky to actually get a game started or suffer a boot from the game.

jsip

Banned
When I plugged it in, it made it appear noise was coming out. But then stopped and wouldn't show me talking
Ok that is weird. I haven't had that happen yet. Were you in party chat at the time?

On another note:
Maybe lag or maybe the OHK bug is still there. As I said earlier I had to join games yesterday with friends via the browser since I couldnt see them in game. Wound up on opposite teams and came across my friend and killed him. He said nice headshot and I told him I hit his body and thought he was already wounded which is why I killed him literally first bullet out. I'm starting to get more and more pissed.

Also lost my reticle repeatedly after dropping claymores Crosshair, dot for claymore, back to gun, no crosshair. Shit had me livid.

I think I have tried both classes, but I can only be certain of support. However, my end game stats will show the dmr kill and the other kill (shotgun?) But never the c4. I will try with recon tonight. Are these accomplishments supposed to be attained in one match? Or are they persistent? My ribbon accomplishments seem to be persistent (for the sniper rifle), but my kill types never carry over.

I was also trying for the assualt weapon but could not get a defib kill for the life of me. I was standing right on top of someone and tried about a half dozen times with no success. In that same match I got killed by defib... Go figure.

Yeah you need all 3 in one match.

For the defib you need to hold the trigger for a few seconds to charge it then release for the kill. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Big PC patch and server update went out today that even fixed some problems that have been in the series since like forever: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-pc-update-today/last/

Let's hope it makes it to console soon. But as I understand it the free update system that MS and Sony promised with the new generation has been PR bullshit so far, so it will take some time before console users get these kind of updates. Sadly.

Looks good hope it comes to the consoles soon

I've had one crash(after quitting from a lobby) in the entire time I've been playing. And I went hard this weekend. Must be lucky.
I play without a mic though, maybe voice stuff is breaking it? I'm just really enjoying the game, especially when the wife isn't on Netflix sucking up my bandwidth.

Namikaze

Just borrowed this game from a friend. So far I've had no issues with the single player campaign or the multiplayer crashing, only the audio issues and a few lag spikes (played conquest and that three man squad mode). Gonna play some more today, hopefully my good experience with the game continues.

Holy shit, was playing a match this weekend and the opposing team used tons of UCAVs and SUAVs, basically ruined the fun for everyone:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/409861422997165888/175523850/

It was just a constant hot mess of drones flying in and killing everyone. I'm not one to pull out the "shit's OP, yo" card but holy crap. Tons of players on both sides were leaving because they couldn't really do anything, just a swarm of these damn drones detonating everywhere.

Top Bottom