• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline has gone gold

The 2,399 Kc price is for the Deluxe Edition, while the price error was for the Ultimate Edition. But it seems like they've completely removed the PS4 version of that from the store. Good thing I got my pre-order in yesterday :)

Ah so it is, I didn't notice that because they now have my pre-order listed for the Deluxe Edition with the Ultimate nowhere to be seen.

I hope for your guys sake that you still score it at that awesome price but I wouldn't be holding my breath :)

Theorry

Battlefield Hardline Changes Following Beta
WEAPON TUNING
One hit kill range reduced for 870 and SPAS
Fire rate reduced for 870
More vertical recoil for 870
Recoil reduced for RO933
Damage reduced for Ro933
Vertical recoil added to M16A3 and M416
Increased P90 spread per shot
Improved Uzi un-aimed fire accuracy
Magnum Ammo OHK range reduced
Magnum Ammo vehicle damage reduced 50%

CLASS BALANCE
Moved G36C to Cops and M416 to criminals
Moved M/45 to cops and UMP to criminals

METAGAME TUNING
Rank progression slowed down by 50%
Repriced Battlepacks to cost more in-game cash
Weapon license increased to 1250 kill
Gold camo increased to 1000 kills

HACKER TUNING
GPS spotting and jamming range for Hacker mode reduced
Overclock timing reduced for Hacker mode

Thad Sasser Q&A:

GENERAL FEEDBACK:
"We had a ton of feedback both player-generated, as in, people sending us feedback on the forums or email or whatever," he said. "But also statistics that we collected. And a lot of this was based around things we're looking at specifically; things like the meta game or the weapon tuning; or even some of the other features like the class balance or the Hacker game mode tuning. So we got a lot of different statistics off all of those areas."
"I think one of the first things you look at is, 'What's attracting the most attention?' 'What are people complaining about the most.' That's usually a good indicator that you should look at this problem. It doesn't mean necesarrily that the expected resolution is what everybody thinks it should be, but usually it's a good indicator that where there's smoke there's probably a fire."
"When we see something generating a lot of heat or a lot of controversy or really polarizing the audience, we go and look at those things first."
"We've done a lot of tuning changes. We've made a lot of little changes to the way some of the features work based on player feedback like the authenticity on some of the weapons. We got some pretty observant feedback on some of that stuff; we've made some tweaks to how they work. I wouldn't say there was a feature designed from the feedback. It's mostly things that got modified."

CHANGES TO RANK PROGRESSION:
For the Hardline beta, Visceral issued what they thought would be an impossible challenge: reaching Rank 150 by the end of the five-day beta. The developer was surprised to learn that one dedicated gamer actually completed the challenge, leading Visceral to change the rank progression system to require more time to advance from rank to rank.
"One thing that was interesting is that players progressed through the Rank progression than we expected them to," Sasser said. "We thought that [Rank 150 challenge] might have been impossible, but he showed us otherwise, which was kind of the point of the challenge. As a result, we've adjusted the scale of the ranks approximately doubling the length of time it takes to get to each rank."

WEAPON BALANCE:
"We're not upsetting the apple cart. We're not making sweeping changes or doing anything like that," Sasser explained. "We are making very specific, targeted changes to bring things a little bit more in-line with the vision we have for the game."
The 870 Shotgun had too far of an effective range, Sasser said. In response to this, Visceral tweaked the gun to lessen its impact outside of 20 meters. "It was scoring one-shot kills at about 30 meters, which is about 10 meters too far," he said.

MAGNUM AMMO:
In short, Magnum ammo was too effective against vehicles. "We've increased the time it takes to bring down a vehicle with magnum ammo," Sasser said.
Was the Beta Released Too Close to Launch to Introduce Any Real Changes?
"There's some truth to that," Sasser said. "One of the reasons for the beta is to make sure the game is stable. And the more things you change after a beta, the more chances you have of introducing instability. And that's clearly fighting your own goal there. So it's not our intention to go out and change a whole bunch of code. But one of the safer things you can change is obviously data values and tuning, and that's where we focused our efforts. Things like the weapon tuning, the class balance, the meta game, tuning the Hacker game mode, things like that, are really where we focused our efforts."

Was the Beta Released Too Close to Launch to Introduce Any Real Changes?
"There's some truth to that," Sasser said. "One of the reasons for the beta is to make sure the game is stable. And the more things you change after a beta, the more chances you have of introducing instability. And that's clearly fighting your own goal there. So it's not our intention to go out and change a whole bunch of code. But one of the safer things you can change is obviously data values and tuning, and that's where we focused our efforts. Things like the weapon tuning, the class balance, the meta game, tuning the Hacker game mode, things like that, are really where we focused our efforts."

NIN90

As a result, we've adjusted the scale of the ranks approximately doubling the length of time it takes to get to each rank.

flsjfds25srp.gif

Thank god they reduced the rank progression, I was 63 when the beta ended, Only on 11 now on early access getting similar games in hotwire.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't think rank progression really matters though. It is cash and kills with a given weapon that govern most of the unlocks. I was mid-80s at end of the beta without using any of the boosts I got out of battlepacks but was using the same gear for ~60 of those ranks.

Kabuto

welp I'm officially playing Hardline on release day. The multiplayer still doesn't look as good as BF4, but I got it for $30 off ebay, which was the sweet spot price I was looking for.

I haven't received a cancellation email for the Czech order...

C'moooon, baby Jesus

I didn't receive an email either. Check the notifications. That's where I got mine.

Edit: umm I checked the message again and it's a cancellation notice for the PS3 version. The game is still in my library. Odd.

Top Bottom