• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront II |OT| I find your lack of crates disturbing

Yeah this game sucks.

Just played a couple of matches of starfighter assault, which i thought could be fun, it was not. Lost every match and got no progression to the starfighter i was playing at all. I got one star card for Slave 1, yay.... which i will never use since i never got to use the hero ships anyway.

No this game is just tedious for those who has not earned enough star cards and can compete with those who has equipped 3 good ones.

Fuck this game and fuck it's progression.

I wonder how much money saved on marketing due to the outrage surrounding the gambling cubes.

This was just another FPS to most before PR guy was awarded most hated comment made in the history of internet forums. That professional liar deserves a raise.

royox

Yeah this game sucks.

Just played a couple of matches of starfighter assault, which i thought could be fun, it was not. Lost every match and got no progression to the starfighter i was playing at all. I got one star card for Slave 1, yay.... which i will never use since i never got to use the hero ships anyway.

No this game is just tedious for those who has not earned enough star cards and can compete with those who has equipped 3 good ones.

Fuck this game and fuck it's progression.

Hah, just played some rounds of starfighter, the most fun I've had with this game since release. Almost won all matches (flying is almost identical to SW:TOR flying and I expent months playing that). Love Poe Dameron's X-Wing, strong, fast and can repair himself with BB-8. I only miss there were more modes than "destroy X vs kill all the opponents".

Hah, just played some rounds of starfighter, the most fun I've had with this game since release. Almost won all matches (flying is almost identical to SW:TOR flying and I expent months playing that). Love Poe Dameron's X-Wing, strong, fast and can repair himself with BB-8. I only miss there were more modes than "destroy X vs kill all the opponents".

Good for you, it was just a boring slog for me being shot down by people having fully equipped star cards.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Starfighter is awesome. I agree that hte progression is too slow. But the gameplay itself is pretty awesome. EA's dumb fault for allowing this loot box progression nonsense to control the narrative.

BANGS

Banned
Let me start off by saying I definitely already got my $60 worth out of this game. Campaign was awesome, arcade mode is cool and I still haven't finished it, and online is hilarious.

That said, this game has alot of problems. Galactic assault is practically unplayable with it's awful level design and complete lack of squad mechanics. There are alot of strange glitches, mostly physics based. Some game modes, while fun, offer far less experience points in a game that's already way too ridiculous of a grindfest. I find myself feeling stupid playing anything other than heroes vs villains, and I can easily get 10,000 exp in a quick game compared to 3,000 from other modes(yes, I suck). The progression system is not only a grindfest, but horrible in every possible way. I only used credits to open two loot boxes, and they gave me hot garbage. So now I'm just saving credits hoping they fix alot of the problems associated with progression... putting me at a real disadvantage and giving me much less incentive to keep playing...

The sad thing is I really doubt they will do much to overhaul this game now. They rushed this shit out just like they did with the last one, but instead of skipping on content, they skipped out on polish...

lefty1117

Gold Member
I agree on the squad mechanics. I don't know why they didn't just copy Battlefield 1's system. The thing I LIKE about galactic assault is the epic nature of it, but it really can seem random when teams don't know what they're doing and there are no tools other than chat that no one reads, to help players coordinate.

There are a couple of things that are being missed and not discussed. Again EA's fault for lousy communication. But first off is that ALL DLC for the game will be free. Any additional maps, single player campaign missions, etc, are free so as not to split the community. They announced that months ago. The second is that there are some live activities timed for The Last Jedi release including some kind of factional warfare metagame & achievements, which should some more things to do and a point to the battles.

Anyway, just an FYI - those things may not move the needle for some people, but for me it's nice to know I'm getting new maps, heroes, ships and more chapters on the campaign at no extra cost.

EA needs to scramble fast if they don't want the game and community in die early.

I mean it has about the same amount of viewers on Twitch as Nioh, Dark Souls, FTL and it is a recently released Star Wars MP game. It should be big deal on Twitch like other MP games that is recently released.

Even for all the flak CoD recieves it has about 10x the viewers.

I mean FIFA 18 has more viewers and that is popular to watch because people watch it for streamers opening UT packs aka loot boxes....

Paulxo87

It's like they realized the first battlefront was garbage. Not enough substance and content. So they went out of their way to spruce the sequel up in that regard but completely fucked up and pissed everyone off in the process. Such a shame.. beautiful game with a universe full of potential. It'll be 19.99 by new years

royox

Good for you, it was just a boring slog for me being shot down by people having fully equipped star cards.

That literally never happened to me. Almost everybody has one card on his fighter, some people have 2 of them and I've only seen 1 player with 3 cards, they were all lvl1 and he was flying an Y-Wing.

That said star cards in starfighters almost make no difference. 99% is your aiming and your flying skills. I only have 1 card on my X-Wing and almost every match I end on the top 3 (while I totally suck in literally every other modes lol).

That literally never happened to me. Almost everybody has one card on his fighter, some people have 2 of them and I've only seen 1 player with 3 cards, they were all lvl1 and he was flying an Y-Wing.

That said star cards in starfighters almost make no difference. 99% is your aiming and your flying skills. I only have 1 card on my X-Wing and almost every match I end on the top 3 (while I totally suck in literally every other modes lol).

No? Well i was constantly being shot down from behind shortly after being spawned by fully equipped ships.

Reason for this might be less people play on PC so less rotation of the players.. or something..?

royox

No? Well i was constantly being shot down from behind shortly after being spawned by fully equipped ships.

Reason for this might be less people play on PC so less rotation of the players.. or something..?

Maybe cheaters? O.O Or the ship killing you was Kylo Ren or Rey's Millennium Falcon with the preorder epic cards. It's the only starships i've seen full equiped on PS4.

BANGS

Banned
EA needs to scramble fast if they don't want the game and community in die early.

I mean it has about the same amount of viewers on Twitch as Nioh, Dark Souls, FTL and it is a recently released Star Wars MP game. It should be big deal on Twitch like other MP games that is recently released.

Even for all the flak CoD recieves it has about 10x the viewers.

I mean FIFA 18 has more viewers and that is popular to watch because people watch it for streamers opening UT packs aka loot boxes....

I think they're more concerned with people playing games than people watching people play games...

Maybe cheaters? O.O Or the ship killing you was Kylo Ren or Rey's Millennium Falcon with the preorder epic cards. It's the only starships i've seen full equiped on PS4.

I don't know but then there is a big problem with cheaters on PC since it was more than one guy that had it, it was 3-4 on their teams. No it was regular ships.

I think they're more concerned with people playing games than people watching people play games...

You don't thnk there's a correlation between how popular the game is in general on places like Twitch and how many plays it?

FN-2187

I totally love this game. Every time I play it, I have a great time. It looks and plays great.

Sure, loot boxes are dumb, and it's a lame way to progress in a game, but that is the only negative as far as I am concerned. It doesn't even come close to spoiling the game for me.

The effects of the star cards are pretty minor anyway. I played Starfighter Assault for a couple of hours last night, and I have hardly any good cards yet, but I still consistently finished top-5 on my team.

My only concern is that the playerbase doesn't evaporate due to the negative buzz. I plan on playing this for months and months.

SonicSleuth

Dude, you know nobody can BUY progression? The vast majority of those people have just played the game. This is literally ZERO difference from Call of Duty multiplayer, where I once got killed 60 times in a round on my first day into a month old release. Those players are better than you, and they have *earned* better weapons. Don't cry because there's a learning curve and rewards for playing.

SonicSleuth

This is extremely rare, but if you put all your credits into Starfighter Assault crates, it's possible. All my troops and heroes are leveled up because I prefer those modes. And I've spent a total of $48 on the game (zero on lootboxes).

'Heaven Sniper

Neo Member
Can we talk about how awesome Heroes vs. Villians is? It’s a blast! I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the characters feel pretty balanced, and it feels good running through a squad of four with a team that actually plays together. I think DICE nailed the feeling of how a Jedi should play: powerful but could get destroyed by an elite team a la Order 66.

This is extremely rare, but if you put all your credits into Starfighter Assault crates, it's possible. All my troops and heroes are leveled up because I prefer those modes. And I've spent a total of $48 on the game (zero on lootboxes).

Well i wont since i dont want to play more of this game. It is just not a fun experience, why play and be frustrated and miserable...

lefty1117

Gold Member
Can we talk about how awesome Heroes vs. Villians is? It’s a blast! I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the characters feel pretty balanced, and it feels good running through a squad of four with a team that actually plays together. I think DICE nailed the feeling of how a Jedi should play: powerful but could get destroyed by an elite team a la Order 66.

It was in this mode that I realized just how good Leia is

whyman

Is my PS4 giving up on me or is this game laggy? Freeze lag (1 sec) at some points in multiplayer and stutter too. This is a big no no in multiplayer games.

FN-2187

Is my PS4 giving up on me or is this game laggy? Freeze lag (1 sec) at some points in multiplayer and stutter too. This is a big no no in multiplayer games.

It’s a known issue that they are working on fixing. I believe it’s affecting all platforms. I’m on Xbox and I would have random matches where I would have those problems all weekend. I haven’t had any problems the last two days though.

BANGS

Banned
You don't thnk there's a correlation between how popular the game is in general on places like Twitch and how many plays it?

Not an accurate one, unless you actually believe there are more people playing dark souls right now than Battlefront 2...

Twitch is an entirely different audience than mainstream gamers. Watching games is much different than playing them...

amdb00mer

The game is not perfect. It is definitely unbalanced. It is fun though and looks gorgeous. Until they can completely overhaul the progression and loot crates, even if they are not as bad as many say they are (I personally think they are bad and do offer mild p2w), the game will suffer in sales. The player base will start to drop super fast. Maybe not to Lawbreakers levels, but it will continue to dwindle each day.

MiguelItUp

The game is not perfect. It is definitely unbalanced. It is fun though and looks gorgeous. Until they can completely overhaul the progression and loot crates, even if they are not as bad as many say they are (I personally think they are bad and do offer mild p2w), the game will suffer in sales. The player base will start to drop super fast. Maybe not to Lawbreakers levels, but it will continue to dwindle each day.

Agreed. They can certainly make necessary adjustments to improve the experience. I'm just curious to know if they WILL and how deep they'll go.

bosh

I do really enjoy the game and when an online round has a team of competent players, using class abilities correctly the game is pure class.

A few changes I think could help would be how points are distributed in a round. Currently playing the objective suffers compared to playing a round like a team death match because you can earn more points through killing consistently.

In a game like battlefield you can (and I have!) Go 3-20 for kills and have the most points through capturing flags and healing/reviving your team. The next highest point total was with a person but 48-6. The goal is not to "get the most points" but provide multiple methods to gain points as well as providing a reason to play the objective. Point total has little meaning in battlefront besides comparing who has the biggest D in the room , but the devs balance how to gain them nicely.

In Star Wars battlefront, points are on every players mind because that's how you get heros or stronger characters & ships. Players will hang back and make safer shots. This will highlight things others find as flaws such as map design or in game party, which I think are perfectly fine but because the way you obtain points is skewed, it makes players act against the game design making them look like flaws.

SonicSleuth

I do really enjoy the game and when an online round has a team of competent players, using class abilities correctly the game is pure class.

A few changes I think could help would be how points are distributed in a round. Currently playing the objective suffers compared to playing a round like a team death match because you can earn more points through killing consistently.

In a game like battlefield you can (and I have!) Go 3-20 for kills and have the most points through capturing flags and healing/reviving your team. The next highest point total was with a person but 48-6. The goal is not to "get the most points" but provide multiple methods to gain points as well as providing a reason to play the objective. Point total has little meaning in battlefront besides comparing who has the biggest D in the room , but the devs balance how to gain them nicely.

In Star Wars battlefront, points are on every players mind because that's how you get heros or stronger characters & ships. Players will hang back and make safer shots. This will highlight things others find as flaws such as map design or in game party, which I think are perfectly fine but because the way you obtain points is skewed, it makes players act against the game design making them look like flaws.

While I agree with most of your points, I don't find that conclusion accurate. I see almost nobody "hanging back to make safer shots" in Battlefront. In fact, it's a crazy killfest all the time in my experience, with the highest scorers being guys who are super active in the fray.

But there's plenty to improve. Here's a list of things I'd love to see addressed right off the top of my head:

1. Change length of missions to allow for average players to get a chance with Heroes. It seems like everyone is in a rush in the final moments to select their Hero or Hero ship, because we've all been holding back points to cash in. You get people desperately trying to select anybody other than a trooper before the mission is over. That sucks. Pace the match better, let people get Heroes at a more reasonable rate.

2. Include Hero Unlocks as a super-rare in the lootboxes, or as an auto-unlock if you complete all the challenges of one type or another. Yeah, you'll get enough credits to unlock them eventually, but it would be awesome to just get a free Leia in a lootbox, because I don't really want to save 10k credits to play as her.

3. More level-ups for Armor/Artillery/Speeder tier. I just never see these. Mine are level 1/0/1 respectively and I've played the heck out of the game, cashed in more than a few of each type of box, and those upgrades just never seem to come.

4. Some levels are tuned awful for Heroes vs Villains. If you can just use a force power to throw the target off a platform, making those parts of the level a no-go, it's too limiting to gameplay. Likewise, if you can just rocket off as Boba Fett and hide when you're targeted because nobody can get to you at the top while you rain rockets on them, that needs to be addressed.

5. More unlocks for replaying the Campaign Mode. I would definitely go back and replay Campaign on a harder level if that meant I'd get more boxes/credits.

6. Controversial... but BRING BACK the cash economy in some way. Let people who don't have tons of time to grind enjoy those Heroes. I know the babies and EA haters moaned about it, but if Joe Wall Street wants to enjoy playing as Luke or Darth and he has money to pay for it, let him. He'll still suck and get his ass handed to him by someone who actually plays the game a bunch of hours. Maybe just let people pay to unlock a character (like a hundred games in the past have) instead of powering up the character?

7. Fix the bugs. Daily challenges don't always unlock, that kind of thing.

8. Re-add some of the weird modes from BF1. Five multiplayer modes is not enough.

Anything else? I really enjoy this game, but while it's not the demonspawn some want to pretend it is, it's also not perfect.

FN-2187

Here's a list of things I'd love to see addressed right off the top of my head...

All good points.

I would like them to find someway to allow lesser skilled players to get a shot at being a hero in GA earlier in the match. My son loves the game, but he's still pretty young, so it's tough for him to do well enough to get a hero with any time left in the match. Despite playing the game for probably 20 hours at this point, I think he has only been a hero maybe 3 times.

This is easily my GOTY though. Totally love it.

The internet and its pitchforks can go jump in a lake. Even though I hate loot boxes, I am going to buy some crystals out of spite as soon as they turn the microtransactions back on.

bosh

While I agree with most of your points, I don't find that conclusion accurate. I see almost nobody "hanging back to make safer shots" in Battlefront. In fact, it's a crazy killfest all the time in my experience, with the highest scorers being guys who are super active in the fray.

But there's plenty to improve. Here's a list of things I'd love to see addressed right off the top of my head:

1. Change length of missions to allow for average players to get a chance with Heroes. It seems like everyone is in a rush in the final moments to select their Hero or Hero ship, because we've all been holding back points to cash in. You get people desperately trying to select anybody other than a trooper before the mission is over. That sucks. Pace the match better, let people get Heroes at a more reasonable rate.

2. Include Hero Unlocks as a super-rare in the lootboxes, or as an auto-unlock if you complete all the challenges of one type or another. Yeah, you'll get enough credits to unlock them eventually, but it would be awesome to just get a free Leia in a lootbox, because I don't really want to save 10k credits to play as her.

3. More level-ups for Armor/Artillery/Speeder tier. I just never see these. Mine are level 1/0/1 respectively and I've played the heck out of the game, cashed in more than a few of each type of box, and those upgrades just never seem to come.

4. Some levels are tuned awful for Heroes vs Villains. If you can just use a force power to throw the target off a platform, making those parts of the level a no-go, it's too limiting to gameplay. Likewise, if you can just rocket off as Boba Fett and hide when you're targeted because nobody can get to you at the top while you rain rockets on them, that needs to be addressed.

5. More unlocks for replaying the Campaign Mode. I would definitely go back and replay Campaign on a harder level if that meant I'd get more boxes/credits.

6. Controversial... but BRING BACK the cash economy in some way. Let people who don't have tons of time to grind enjoy those Heroes. I know the babies and EA haters moaned about it, but if Joe Wall Street wants to enjoy playing as Luke or Darth and he has money to pay for it, let him. He'll still suck and get his ass handed to him by someone who actually plays the game a bunch of hours. Maybe just let people pay to unlock a character (like a hundred games in the past have) instead of powering up the character?

7. Fix the bugs. Daily challenges don't always unlock, that kind of thing.

8. Re-add some of the weird modes from BF1. Five multiplayer modes is not enough.

Anything else? I really enjoy this game, but while it's not the demonspawn some want to pretend it is, it's also not perfect.

Some good notes you included. I play piolet a lot while attacking so boosting health/armor and throwing down bubbles are my two main goals. I have had too many occasions where we are by the objective , I boost them health or throw down a bubble and they run away.

On defense where we just need one person on the objective area there have also been a ton of times they all hangout side of it

Those are the moments that frustrate me the most In the game . Going back between this game and battlefield 1, teams are crazier and more likely to push for the objective on bf1, but with time maybe that will change

All good points.

I would like them to find someway to allow lesser skilled players to get a shot at being a hero in GA earlier in the match. My son loves the game, but he's still pretty young, so it's tough for him to do well enough to get a hero with any time left in the match. Despite playing the game for probably 20 hours at this point, I think he has only been a hero maybe 3 times.

This is easily my GOTY though. Totally love it.

The internet and its pitchforks can go jump in a lake. Even though I hate loot boxes, I am going to buy some crystals out of spite as soon as they turn the microtransactions back on.

If you consider this game to be GOTY in this year that has a boat load of fantastic titles you got a poor taste in games. Even without the shittiest ever progression system in a shooter, it's just your run of the mill Star Wars shooter. The campaign features asinine and poor Ai to boot.

I even enjoyed the gameplay in Battlefront from 2015 more than in this one. Played Galactic Assualt on Hoth a few hours ago, it was just a poor time. Pew pew spam and everyone is white so it's damn near impossible to see anyone. The mode i hated the least was Heroes v Villains but that is alos just a spam fest, the light saber combat is laughable...

And buying microtransactions in spite would only make others laugh at your stupidity.

FN-2187

If you consider this game to be GOTY in this year that has a boat load of fantastic titles you got a poor taste in games. Even without the shittiest ever progression system in a shooter, it's just your run of the mill Star Wars shooter. The campaign features asinine and poor Ai to boot.

I even enjoyed the gameplay in Battlefront from 2015 more than in this one. Played Galactic Assualt on Hoth a few hours ago, it was just a poor time. Pew pew spam and everyone is white so it's damn near impossible to see anyone. The mode i hated the least was Heroes v Villains but that is alos just a spam fest, the light saber combat is laughable...

And buying microtransactions in spite would only make others laugh at your stupidity.

Why do you keep hanging around this thread if you hate the game so much?

Personal taste is a thing. I am having more fun with this than any other game this year. Video games are actually fun for some people. They are not just something to get angry about and an excuse to be miserable to other people on the internet for.

Why do you keep hanging around this thread if you hate the game so much?

Personal taste is a thing. I am having more fun with this than any other game this year. Video games are actually fun for some people. They are not just something to get angry about and an excuse to be miserable to other people on the internet for.

Because it's a disapointing game on many levels that could and maybe even should have been a winner. So i am being critical about said disapointing game in it's OT on a game forum, sorry if that hurts some fanboys feelings.

For me it's just a poor cash grab from EA with good looking graphics. Just low effort and they want full price for it plus microtransactions. Fuck em.

FN-2187

Because it's a disapointing game on many levels that could and maybe even should have been a winner. So i am being critical about said disapointing game in it's OT on a game forum, sorry if that hurts some fanboys feelings.

For me it's just a poor cash grab from EA with good looking graphics. Just low effort and they want full price for it plus microtransactions. Fuck em.

Voicing criticisms is fine. Continually posting to tell people who like the game that they have poor taste in games, are stupid and are fanboys is something else.

SonicSleuth

LOL. A cash grab that used one of the best first-person studios (Dice) in charge of first person, one of the best vehicle studios (Criterion) in charge of vehicle combat, and created a single-player campaign that uses new characters and old alike in a new and interesting way... okay. I think we have incredibly different ideas about what constitutes a cash grab.

It's funny, Nintendo remakes the same games for thirty years and people lose their minds in anticipation. EA is not a good company. Battlefront 2 IS, however, a good game.

LOL. A cash grab that used one of the best first-person studios (Dice) in charge of first person, one of the best vehicle studios (Criterion) in charge of vehicle combat, and created a single-player campaign that uses new characters and old alike in a new and interesting way... okay. I think we have incredibly different ideas about what constitutes a cash grab.

It's funny, Nintendo remakes the same games for thirty years and people lose their minds in anticipation. EA is not a good company. Battlefront 2 IS, however, a good game.

Yeah all that talent yet so low effort is a cash grab. Battlefront 2 however IS NOT a good game, it is average at best.

The story in the campaign could’ve been interesting but instead is safe and boring.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When I get to play it, I love it. I wish they would fix the 327 error code issue, and perhaps putting in a squad system like Battlefield 1 for Conquest. Otherwise, definitely plan on playing for a long time. The Star Wars vibe is so strong.

Still can't get over how they messed up the flight controls. Pitch and roll should be on the same stick like EVERY OTHER FLYING GAME EVER MADE ON A CONSOLE.

Yeah all that talent yet so low effort is a cash grab. Battlefront 2 however IS NOT a good game, it is average at best.

The story in the campaign could’ve been interesting but instead is safe and boring.

Your criticism of the game is fine but calling out people who actually enjoy it fanboys or having poor taste is silly. Some of us actually are having fun with the game despite its issues.

As for me, I've got a lot of thoughts having put a fair amount of time in now.

First: the campaign. It was an enjoyable romp just to go through the Star Wars universe but I have to agree with some that it just feels so lifeless. I played on the hardest difficulty. The AI is laughably bad and for the most part, the missions were just very bland and boring. The story was very predictable and kind of ridiculous. I didn't really care about anything going on and it felt like there was no weight to anything going on. It looks beautiful and it sounds beautiful, but it has no soul or life to it.

Arcade mode was fun. I played through all the battle scenarios and it was a good chance to get familiar with the heroes. I don't think I'll revisit it but it was enjoyable and I do like that there are a lot of lengthy challenges with credit rewards for the people who really want to dig in.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun. I never was big into the starfighter combat on the first game, but I have to say Starfighter Assault is a lot of fun and much more enjoyable than the air combat in SWBF2015. It's not as bad as 2015, but the rebel ships still have an advantage over the opposing side in my opinion, which is silly considering how much criticism it got in the last game.

Galactic Assault is where I have spent most of my time. It's incredible getting that epic sense of large scale Star Wars battle. With that said, it needs a lot of tweaking.

The hero system is not perfect, but it's so far improved from before it's not even funny. The token system was terrible. It's very similar to Operations from BF1 which is great, but the ticket system needs work. As it stands, the defenders have a massive advantage on every level with a semi-competent team and the amount of tickets needs to be increased overall, as well as how many are earned upon completing a sector. The other issue with how few tickets there are is the vast majority of games are over very quick, even if they go through every phase. This means it's a fight to save points for heroes for a lot of folks who just can't get the points fast enough in the first 1-2 phases. And by the time you're able to pick one, many times you're lucky to even have a few minutes to actually play with it.

I have some more thoughts about the overall hero balance too. It's mostly ok, but it needs tweaks. As it stands, the melee heroes need work. In many cases the lightsaber swings/dashes/throws are very wonky and don't do enough damage in my opinion. I don't think the heroes need to be the tanks they were in BF2015 but as it stands the blaster damage on melee heroes is too much. Even playing very cautiously trying to go in close for melee kills against people is hit or miss. If another 1-2 players or more show up while you're trying to get someone, you just get burned down way too damn fast. The other issue is that in GA, it's very rare you're going to be able to maintain small 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 situations with a hero and actually try playing the objective. I've had runs where I've had 20+ kills and I've had runs where I spied 1 -2 guys alone and went in to kill them, but due to all the rolling and general wonkiness of the lightsabers a bunch of other enemies had appeared by the time I actually killed the first few guys. As soon as that happens you're basically guaranteed to lose a ton of a health or just flat out die in less than 5 seconds.

The squad system is ridiculous. Double battlepoints is silly and doesn't encourage any kind of actual squadplay. There's also no way to communicate with anyone (at least on ps4). This is an easy fix. Bring over BF1's squad system. It works. There's no reason there can't be squad commands and squad spawning here and it would really help. As it stands now, the squad system is useless.

The last mode I'll comment on is HvV. It definitely is much better and more balanced here. It needs a few tweaks but not much imo. As others have said, the push abilities knocking people off maps is unfair and needs to be fixed. Same thing with Boba Fett being able to get to unreachable areas with the jetpack. I've played all of the heroes and it's mostly balanced imo. Rey's confuse ability (can't remember the name) needs to be tweaked though. It's way too strong against heroes in this mode and practically an "I win" ability in a 1 v 1 situation.

Lastly, I'll comment on misc stuff. No surprise to anyone, but yeah, the progression system is ridiculous, way too grindy, and utterly bewildering and confusing for no reason. I don't know what EA was thinking here. Credit payouts are ridiculous. There needs to be some actual connection to your performance in game.. because as it is now it leaves no motivation whatsoever to actually try and do well or even win the game. No matter what, everyone gets the same amount anyway so "who cares" seems to be the prevailing mindset (I don't blame people).

My last comment is on the loot boxes and pay to win controversy. I don't agree with it at all, but the importance of star cards has been so overblown here it's crazy. I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but 90% of the time it comes down to "you either aren't very good, or you are." Ya know, like almost every other competitive shooter in existence. For what it's worth, I have plenty of games where I'm in the top 3, but I also have plenty of games where I'm in the bottom half. The only star cards that I believe actually give really big advantages over someone who has none is the Starfighter cards and the Enforcer cards. Those ones definitely enhance gameplay a lot especially when they're purple. I preordered the deluxe edition and none of the cards I was given really make diddly squat of a difference in the grand scheme of things. If I die or don't die, it's because I outplayed someone or they outplayed me. Also, maybe it's just me but I've seen zero people kill me that have full purple cards. I'd say 80% or more of players I've seen don't even have 3 cards, or maybe have 3 cards with 2-3 green/blue versions or maybe 1 purple.

Overall, I really enjoy the game. The loot boxes for progression is wrong, but the actual effect these cards have on the game in 95% of the scenarios has been so overblown it's unbelievable. I'm a competitive player, but I just don't give enough of a shit to care that much. Some games I do terrible, who cares? I just love that I can sit on my couch and blow shit up in a beautiful Star Wars universe with other people.

If you don't like the game and have no intention of playing it, why don't you just move on and play a game that you do like? If you went to a restaurant and hated the meal you were served, do you stand by the entrance and tell the people who are leaving that enjoyed themselves that they're fanboys too?

If you don't like the game and have no intention of playing it, why don't you just move on and play a game that you do like? If you went to a restaurant and hated the meal you were served, do you stand by the entrance and tell the people who are leaving that enjoyed themselves that they're fanboys too?

No but i voice criticism of said restaurant on TripAdvisor, travel forums and so on.

This is a video game forum where you discuss video games.. so yeah.

Also yes i think you got poor taste in games if you think a very average fps game is a GOTY.

FN-2187

No but i voice criticism of said restaurant on TripAdvisor, travel forums and so on.

This is a video game forum where you discuss video games.. so yeah.

Also yes i think you got poor taste in games if you think a very average fps game is a GOTY.

The best games that I have played this year are this, Breath of the Wild and Sonic Mania. What about you? I want to know what good taste is since I don’t have it.

The best games that I have played this year are this, Breath of the Wild and Sonic Mania. What about you? I want to know what good taste is since I don’t have it.

Zelda BoTW
Mario Odyssey
Divinity Original Sin 2
Resident Evil 7
Nioh

Would be my top 5, not in that order though.

This title stands with Shadow of War among the most frustrating and disapointing titles of the year.

FN-2187

Zelda BoTW
Mario Odyssey
Divinity Original Sin 2
Resident Evil 7
Nioh

Would be my top 5, not in that order though.

This title stands with Shadow of War among the most frustrating and disapointing titles of the year.

What’s your top five if you didn’t like RPGs and your favourite genre was Star Wars games?

What’s your top five if you didn’t like RPGs and your favourite genre was Star Wars games?

I really like Star Wars but that doesnt blind me when it comes to all the issues this game has.

It just make the game more dissapointing since they could have had a much better Battlefront game with all things considered. There are awesome Star Wars games like the old school Jedi Knight games, Kotor, Battlefront 2 from 2005 and so on. Just takes some effort though.

New update today. Seems to have fixed my campaign progress, which has been bugged since Day 0 lol

Still can't get over how they messed up the flight controls. Pitch and roll should be on the same stick like EVERY OTHER FLYING GAME EVER MADE ON A CONSOLE.

There are several control options. The one you're looking for is Legacy.

New update today. Seems to have fixed my campaign progress, which has been bugged since Day 0 lol

There are several control options. The one you're looking for is Legacy.

I'll look again but all there were (when I was playing) was one option to have advanced controls (where you can control the roll) or the other option where you don't control roll at all (this is how the controls were in the first Battlefront). This is such a dumb thing to do, just put a normal option in there with both on one stick. Battlefield's flying controls are normal, no reason to break from common sense for Battlefront. Pitch/Roll on one stick (mirroring the stick in actual aircraft) rudder/throttle on the other.

For all of my gripes about the shooter part of the game--mainly not having any open maps, or the ability to choose which map you play (I still haven't seen them all) at least fix this because I just can't enjoy flying like this. I love DICE but this is soooo dumb.

Top Bottom