• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

yymrwr.gif
I oppose this gif with ever fiber of my being.
Labeouf fashions himself as Orson Wells... nope

Just finished the game. Soooo good.

If there is a flaw, it's that the game has several bosses that would have been worthy final bosses. Tha last one is just one of them. Instead of ramping up, the game delivers pretty steadily in spectacle.

there are still gimmick stages so don't go overboard buddy. :p

Only one or two this time. And they are better.

What's the file size on the E-Shop for both games?

EDIT: Googling has revealed

Bayonetta 1: 17.6 GB
Bayonetta 2: 14.6 GB

Total: 32.2 GB

Do I need to play Bayonetta 1 before playing 2?

Normally I wouldn't mind but there's so many games coming out in the next 8 weeks that I just don't think I have time.

Squishy3

Gonna bump my question to the next page.
there was a war between the witches and the Lumen sages because two of them had a baby and broke the tenets of their faith. So basically every sage/witch died except for Bayo, Jeanne and Balder. not exactly what happened, but that's basically the gist of it

Dsyndrome

What's the way to play, regular Wii U Gamepad or the Pro Controller? Am I missing out on anything by not using the Gamepad?

Dazzyman

If urge everyone to play Bayonetta 1 first and don't skip anything, it's well worth it. We're very lucky to get not one but 2 top AAA fighters done at there best

I'm using the Wiiu joypad pro and not the game pad.

Squishy3

They are nowhere near as gimmicky I feel and blissfully short.

Nothing in this game is remotely as bad as angel attack.
Angel Attack isn't bad at all. You picked the wrong gimmick to complain about. :p I mean, it's not amazing, but it's so simple and doesn't penalize you for not doing well. The worst thing about the original Bayonetta is probably the instant death QTEs that are spread out.

It was funny in the developers commentary Kamiya did, he said his brother likes Call of Duty and other shooters so he said "I put something in my game you might like." And when he showed his brother Angel Attack he said "are you joking?"

Poor Kamiya. :(

Angel Attack isn't bad at all. You picked the wrong gimmick to complain about. :p

It was funny in the developers commentary Kamiya did, he said his brother likes Call of Duty and other shooters so he said "I put something in my game you might like." And when he showed his brother he said "are you joking?"

On the first playthrough, maybe, but when you are repeating chapters 100 times which you have to do to get
Sai fung
It gets extremely old extremely fast.

So, as someone who has 100% the original game, I guess 3rd Climax difficulty is the way to go?

That's right. The 1st-3rd climax all have the same enemy encounters, so you might as well go with the hardest one. Plus you unlock both 3rd climax stuff and 2nd climax stuff so two birds with one stone.

Picking up 3 (!) copies tomorrow at my local best buy (for me and two of my friends). I'll be doing Bayo 1 first but damned if I aren't excited for Bayo 2.

GAF has made me a fan of Platinum and I can't wait to see how amazing this ends up being.

fred

Nice thread! Can't wait to play this game! Just have to wait until my birthday on the 28th before I can get it. The demo is awesome.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Peaches. I'll be able to play bayo1 properly this time.

Mine01

Here in mexico (at least where i live) it won't be released till next Friday :( so I bought hyrule warriors so I had something to play this weekennd hope its good.

IKizzLE

I've been deliberating buying a refurbished wiiu from Nintendo for a few weeks now.....and I'm literally at the breaking point after reading the OT.

I'm only interested in bayo 2 and perhaps 3d world, is the console worth it? Only upcoming games that interest me are X and Zelda.

This decision.....too rough. Loved bayo 1 as well.

mrmickfran

That's right. The 1st-3rd climax all have the same enemy encounters, so you might as well go with the hardest one. Plus you unlock both 3rd climax stuff and 2nd climax stuff so two birds with one stone.

That's good to know, thanks.

It's gonna be so weird only playing through this twice though. I always played through the Platinum/Capcom games three times for each difficulty >_<

Top Bottom