• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

vulva

I'm trying to entertain myself with asscreed2 while waiting... it's just not holding me over though. 1 more day.....

vulva

Serious question here GAF regarding Bayonetta purchase.
I'm really excited about this game, pumped even. That said, I think I'm about halfway through asscreed 2. I'm pretty sure that if I pick up Bayonetta, I'll play that right away and then just not feel too inclined to play AC2 again anytime soon. I'll most likely go back to SF4 or play Bayonetta again or something. Knowing me, I'll be too bothered to remember what I was going and just not bother to play AC2 halfway through later on. Should I hold off on buying Bayonetta until after I beat AC2, or should I just accept that I probably won't get around to beatin AC2?

I want to have that Friday feeling right this fucking instant! Watching streetdate breaking bastards around the world digging in over December has been agonising knowing such things NEVER occur in the UK.

Monocle

Happy Phantom said:
I'm trying to entertain myself with asscreed2 while waiting... it's just not holding me over though. 1 more day.....
I'm in exactly the same situation. I bought AC2 on the 1st, earned 1000/1000 by the 3rd, and obtained all collectables and upgrades. Now all I need to do is finish up the remaining side missions. I suppose a rental might have been a better idea than a purchase, but I couldn't have known I'd finish it so fast. I did get $20 off, and the game's really good—the story and gameplay are both very strong—so whatever.

1 more day until Bayonetta!

Edit: WTF, buy Bayonetta immediately. Forget everything else.

So, this game actually made me have trouble sleeping last night because it was too much action for me just before I went to bed. :lol Can't wait to get home from work so I can dive back into this game!

OMG SOMEONE SELL THIS GAME TODAY

I have been to every store around milwaukee, it seems. Nobody wants my money

Edit: NOT playing this game on easy mode

hulot

Eggo said:
I'm probably the only dissenting opinion in this thread, but I don't 'get' this game. I'm somewhere around chapter 10, and I've lost interest in continuing. They're recycling bosses at this point, and the game just isn't fun. I'm playing on normal difficulty, and it's too difficult for me. The deaths come often and it ends up being more frustrating than fun.

I just think they messed up the game balance in a big way. This game will never be a mainstream success because it is too hard-core for its own good. Normal difficulty (the default setting) feels like a hard difficulty, and I'm sure casual gamers will be just as turned off by the constant dying. Regular enemies can deal over 75% damage to your health bar in one combo. That's not good game balance. It's masochistic, which is the way I feel about a lot of the encounters. It reminds me of a 16-bit platformer where you have to make timed jumps on moving platforms while enemies randomly shoot at you from the sidelines. You don't make games like this any more, because games have gone mainstream. That's not even mentioning the boss fights, where the deaths really start to pile up.

Eggo said:
I play games on their default difficulty setting, because I figure that's how the designers want the game to be played.
The designers made Easy and Very Easy difficulty settings, too. Then there's a Hard mode to unlock after beating Normal, and another one after beating Hard so you tell me, which difficulty did the designers actually want you to play?

I'm not sure what you have to prove here, you can change the difficulty any time and you're not going to lose your 'gamer cred' by turning it down a notch if you're simply not having fun. This game was not made for a mainstream/casual audience. It's okay. Sure you'll get a bit of ribbing like that previous poster but if you're having fun, who cares? Don't be a masochist. Turn it to Easy and if that's too much, play on Very Easy. And if that's still too hard, return the game.

hulot said:
The designers made Easy and Very Easy difficulty settings, too. Then there's a Hard mode to unlock after beating Normal, and another one after beating Hard so you tell me, which difficulty did the designers actually want you to play?

I'm not sure what you have to prove here, you can change the difficulty any time and you're not going to lose your 'gamer cred' by turning it down a notch if you're simply not having fun. This game was not made for a mainstream/casual audience. It's okay. Sure you'll get a bit of ribbing like that previous poster but if you're having fun, who cares? Don't be a masochist. Turn it to Easy and if that's too much, play on Very Easy. And if that's still too hard, return the game.

The game was not made for acasual audience, but the easy automatic modes have clearly the intention to reach that people and offer a suitable experience for them, that dosn't mean this game should be played on normal by anyone that plays regularly games, the important is have fun, and if you get more fun playing on an easier mode, why not?...

I kinda felt that normal was too easy so far. Granted I've only played through chapter 2 but I was able to get through a good amount of verses with a sliver of health, even with being hit a couple of times. Definitely not as hard as NGB or DMC3 at this point imo.

The one thing I noticed about bayonetta that is somewhat annoying is that health did not restore between chapters. This is similar to God Hand, but a lot less annoying. I think I would prefer to be able to continue playing with a fresh health bar so my progress can go forward.

Majukun

Scythesurge said:
I kinda felt that normal was too easy so far. Granted I've only played through chapter 2 but I was able to get through a good amount of verses with a sliver of health, even with being hit a couple of times. Definitely not as hard as NGB or DMC3 at this point imo.

The one thing I noticed about bayonetta that is somewhat annoying is that health did not restore between chapters. This is similar to God Hand, but a lot less annoying. I think I would prefer to be able to continue playing with a fresh health bar so my progress can go forward.

you're only at chapter 2,keep playin':D

i have just finished chapter XI,awesome as always

Over the holidays I saw Bayonetta on store shelves at both walmart and Toys R Us in Texas.

Sad thing was it wouldn't ring up so they couldn't sell it to me.

Here I thought I was going to get my Christmas gift on time, but because some employee jumped the gun and stocked the shelves, I had to have my heart broken T_T

:p

Majukun said:
you're only at chapter 2,keep playin':D

i have just finished chapter XI,awesome as always
Oh I have no doubts that it will ramp up like crazy, I was just pointing out what I've experienced so far. Are all of the chapters pretty similar in length?

Well managed to get myself to the final boss last night. Though I will have to beat them later today since it was late and I died on him.

Game is crazy good! Again, I still stand by that the story is sorta all over but with action and set peices this good. That really doesn't matter. Bayonetta is crazy fun. :D

I find that playing on normal had some tough parts but what I appreciated is that all the bosses I felt had a very managable and a fair pattern to them.

xero273

Darkman M said:
Just pre-ordered from Amazon with free release date delivery.

same here. This is my first time doing the free release date delivery. Will Amazon actually deliver tomorrow though? Even though I just ordered today.

Darkman M

xero273 said:
same here. This is my first time doing the free release date delivery. Will Amazon actually deliver tomorrow though? Even though I just ordered today.

Yep, unless there is some kind of screw up. Release day delivery has always been on time for me.

You guys who ordered from Play:

Could you tell me what your order status is at the minute? Mine's only on "Order Placed". I'm worried that since I only made the order yesterday (it's for the 360 Climax Edition), I might have hit it after it sold out. I think it said it was in-stock at the time...

Tranced Shadow said:

Could you tell me what your order status is at the minute? Mine's only on "Order Placed". I'm worried that since I only made the order yesterday (it's for the 360 Climax Edition), I might have hit it after it sold out. I think it said it was in-stock at the time...

Mine's the same, and I ordered mine minutes after it was available.

Dazzyman

Play are utter twats for taking too many preorders for CEs and consoles. Just check AC2 specials for that one.

Ive already got this on JPN and its my fav game of 2009. Quite tempted to repick it up on percy pal machine end of this month just so pal machine doesnt feel lonely :lol

One things for sure people wont give a shit about Darkstalkers in UK on Friday when they have this in their mits. Enjoy it everyone as its mental but incredible.

Tranced Shadow said:

Dabookerman said:
Mine's the same, and I ordered mine minutes after it was available.

Same here, and I ordered about a month ago..., I just want to see the words "dispatched"....damn it...

mjc

SonOfABeep said:
OMG SOMEONE SELL THIS GAME TODAY

I have been to every store around milwaukee, it seems. Nobody wants my money

Edit: NOT playing this game on easy mode

Hey, high five!

I checked the 76th street Best Buy once last week to see if they had it but they didn't. No biggie.

Mdk7

Tranced Shadow said:

"Order placed" for me as well, and i bought it in mid december. -_-"

I'm playing my standard copy though, i'm on chapter XIII, 23 hours in...
Words can't describe how awesome this game is.

Okay well this keeps getting better.
Turns out I need new drums to go with my brake pads. Looks like my car isn't satisfied with the 8 hours a day it spends with me now it wants all of my money too.

Well at least Viewtiful Joe is fun. I've already gotten Game Over twice though(just beat act 2..ughhhh).

Scythesurge said:
Oh I have no doubts that it will ramp up like crazy, I was just pointing out what I've experienced so far. Are all of the chapters pretty similar in length?

It varies. I've spent as little as 40 minutes on a chapter and as much as an hour and a half (mostly from getting extremely frustrated in Alfheim).

XenoRaven

I'm not sure how to deal with some of these Alfheim things. Like killing the giant boss with a certain number of punches and kicks. I'm gonna try again with my second playthrough now that I know the combos and try using PKP and KK - P a lot. Anyone that has done it have any better suggestions?

Fugu

Scythesurge said:
I think I like Alfheim more than the DMC bonus rooms, though I already had a taste of Alfheim frustration last night.
You know after the out-of-body one in like, chapter VII, I thought I was going to get more frustrated with them but the fact is, most of the weirder ones have easy ways around them.

ShinAmano said:
Yeah...you know...sometimes they give free stuff if you buy it at a specific spot.
Oh! Those deals. :lol

Gamestop had a deal where you would get a collection of posters if you pre-ordered the game through them. I don't think they're doing that anymore though. The US doesn't really get anything in the way of collector's items. The UK, on the other hand, gets a collector's edition and Scarborough Fair replicas.

I want a collector's edition. :(

ShinAmano

Oh! Those deals. :lol

Gamestop had a deal where you would get a collection of posters if you pre-ordered the game through them. I don't think they're doing that anymore though. The US doesn't really get anything in the way of collector's items. The UK, on the other hand, gets a collector's edition and Scarborough Fair replicas.

I want a collector's edition. :(
Cool...now if you can find me a copy for $5.50 we are good ;)

hulot

XenoRaven said:
I'm not sure how to deal with some of these Alfheim things. Like killing the giant boss with a certain number of punches and kicks. I'm gonna try again with my second playthrough now that I know the combos and try using PKP and KK - P a lot. Anyone that has done it have any better suggestions?
If you have Shuraba, the fully charged Y/Triangle attack; charged electric Durga attacks on either hands or feet also work.

It isn't even out yet and you're asking for deals? :mad:
There is a deal, someone posted a Toys'r'us one earlier.

OMG Aero

Is anywhere in the UK still offering the Scarborough Fair guns? I totally forgot this game was out in January until I got an email about it from Game advertising the gun, by time I got to the site there was no mention of the gun so I assume they have sold out of them.

XenoRaven

hulot said:
If you have Shuraba, the fully charged Y/Triangle attack; charged electric Durga attacks on either hands or feet also work.
This is what I was gonna try next. The ones where you have to kill enemies with torture attacks will be easier now that I have more magic.

Top Bottom