• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has a mode which caters to the true Ninja Dogs

Tain said:
Yes. Just like against a decent opponent in a directly competitive game: with a big old "YOU WIN" and the knowledge that you did something challenging.

That's what I mean though, I understand that sense of enjoyment. After seeing the DMC thread I went back to finish my Son of Sparda playthrough and will start Dante Must Die in a couple of weeks. It was great, but other people may not feel that way and other people not doing things your way doesn't affect the fact that you can still play the game in normal/hard mode and still get that feeling.

His post made it literally sound like he was jealous of other people having fun in a way he didn't understand and that the game was somehow ruined because of it.

vg260

I applaud the developers for this mode, and hope we see more games incorporate this sort of thing. It just opens up the game to more people without negatively affecting those who don't want to use it.

This could be a double-edged sword (no pun intended) for the developers, though. I wonder how this will affect people selling it back if they can blaze through the whole game without any effort or missing out on the real gameplay.

remz

DaPHanTomMeNace said:
Obvious jerk off mode. It probably came to Kamiya when he was trying to figure out a way to beat it and play at the same time :lol
Kamiya doesn't need to take his hands off the pad to jack it while playing.

I don't even buy it as a casual mode. It'd be one thing if Sega/Platinum had a remote chance of selling this game to anyone aside from just 18 to 35 year-old boys but that's just not happening.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DaPHanTomMeNace said:
Obvious jerk off mode. It probably came to Kamiya when he was trying to figure out a way to beat it and play at the same time :lol
Will the special edition come with a vibrating broom?

Canova

Banned
Am I the only who thinks that the screen is too crowded? there's too many things going on, too much effects, too many particles/feathers/bullets, it's driving me nuts

ColdSoup said:
Perhaps balance the weapons and move sets more. Maybe tweak the AI on enemies and bosses. Things like that.
How do you know these things aren't tweaked?

By this logic, wouldn't it be better to delay the game to the summer because it could be better?

chriskun

wow, the music really turns me off from this game. This is another example of why Japanese games continue to lose relevance in the western market. I'm not saying that they need to have chugga chugga guitar riffs or anything, but j-pop... really??? Doesn't really mesh with Angel/Demon slaying.

Giolon

chriskun said:
wow, the music really turns me off from this game. This is another example of why Japanese games continue to lose relevance in the western market. I'm not saying that they need to have chugga chugga guitar riffs or anything, but j-pop... really??? Doesn't really mesh with Angel/Demon slaying.

noooooooooo you are so wrong! That is half of what makes it great! :lol

It doesn't sound much like J-pop to me anyhow. It's like the theme for the game. All the previous trailers have featured very similar music.

chriskun said:

It's not even j-pop, unless your criteria for that are "woman singing in japanese game". It sounds a little jazzy in fact.

USD

chriskun said:
Personally I like most of the music I've heard so far, it certainly has its own charm to it.

Geneijin

chriskun said:

Not even J-Pop.

ColdSoup

Neo Member
ShockingAlberto said:
How do you know these things aren't tweaked?

By this logic, wouldn't it be better to delay the game to the summer because it could be better?

These things probably are tweaked. But with the extra time they could be balanced even more.

The game probably would be better if they delayed it till summer and spent more time on it.

Although it would cost more money.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Does the Japanese girl playing have earings on her fucking thumb's nail????

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
NIN90 said:
bayonetta_butt.jpg
I'm totally dissapointed in GAF that It has to be at post 277 before someone quotes the above pic followed by...

img-cgi.jpg

YOU GUYS ARE SLIPPING!

ColdSoup said:
These things probably are tweaked. But with the extra time they could be balanced even more.

The game probably would be better if they delayed it till summer and spent more time on it.

Although it would cost more money.
Then why not delay it until winter? 2011?

At what point does time not equal more balance?

ColdSoup

Neo Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Then why not delay it until winter? 2011?

At what point does time not equal more balance?

The game would probably be more balanced if they delayed it until winter or 2011.

However its probably not a good business decision to delay the game that long, but the game would probably be more balanced.

Its probably impossible to perfectly balance a game, unless its rock, paper, and scissors the game or something. But with more time more improvements can be made to make a better game.

ColdSoup said:
The game would probably be more balanced if they delayed it until winter or 2011.

However its probably not a good business decision to delay the game that long, but the game would probably be more balanced.

Its probably impossible to perfectly balance a game, unless its rock, paper, and scissors the game or something. But with more time more improvements can be made to make a better game.
Why oh why was the development of Duke Nukem Forever canceled. The world was robbed of the greatest game that could have possibly ever existed.

Alucrid

Banned
2&2 said:
I applaud the developers for this mode, and hope we see more games incorporate this sort of thing. It just opens up the game to more people without negatively affecting those who don't want to use it.

How so? RPG's pointing out what move to use? FPS's automatically locking onto a target?

hteng

Banned
Alucrid said:
How so? RPG's pointing out what move to use? FPS's automatically locking onto a target?

oh god autoaim in FPS is just wrong, in single player it might be alright but not in a competitve online environment

Kobe

Banned
Wow gamers today are weaksauce. Have it freaking easy, I wish we could force everyone in here to play a bunch of NES games.

Johann

Ether_Snake said:
Does the Japanese girl playing have earings on her fucking thumb's nail????

Hey, that poor girl probably has to face a lot of discrimination because of her strong personal convictions. She's practically the Jackie Robinson of nail art.

♪Fulfilling fetishes with grace and dignity! Uh-oh!♪

TreIII

As long as it doesn't impede my own personal gaming experience, I could care less.

I mean, Viewtiful Joe basically added another level of "easiness" with each re-release of the game. From the original JP version, the US version added "Kids" mode that made things easier, then the PS2 port (which added Dante) added "Sweet" mode that it so you might as well walk through the game blind-folded. :lol

But did I care? Nope. Because I didn't mess around with it, and basically did more to completely ignore those modes. I can do the same thing here, and so can everyone else.

JDS 1977

Banned
HDR+ragdoll said:
Nothing wrong with having more options

Totally. I'm bad at these types of games and I need an easy mode, and sometimes an easier mode. I want to be able to see the whole game I bought and not give up due to some crap boss or something.

vg260

Alucrid said:

It would depend on the game and whether or not it impacted other players. I wouldn't have a problem with more single player action/adventure games incorporating this.

KevinCow

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Furthermore it promotes this idea that we all should be playing games that make us feel good about ourselves no matter our skill level.

Damn straight. Games shouldn't be played to be enjoyed, they should be played to be argued about on the internet!

gutter_trash said:
how does that change you life or your choice of chosing to play NORMAL, HARD or SUPER HARD?

you will play the game on Normal or Hard.. WHY do you even waste time complaining about n00bs who suck and want to enjoy themselves on Auto-Easy??

LET THEM BE!! it is an OPTION jesus, an OPTION.

I got friends who are gaming gods and I got friends who just plain suck but want enjoyment.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE

...Did you even read the post you were replying to?

Lain

Now, this is an interesting option.
A dev that wants everyone picking up the game to be able to enjoy it and have fun instead of ending up frustrated if their skills aren't good enough. It is definitely a nice surprise.
Reading the blog post about it made it sound like a more interesting option for beginners than the video showed tho.

remz

ColdSoup said:

Shame that didn't work for Too Human. :(

Sutanreyu

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hit the bad guys up in the air, jump after them, do some combos, collect colored stuff that upgrades your weapons/skills and solve some horrible puzzles. It's about as fascinating game design as shooting the same bad guys over and over until your shields deplete and you have to wait several seconds for them to recharge.

Devil May Cry pretty much invented that in modern action games.

Monocle

This is awesome. I have a friend who I've been trying to introduce to action games. He found Ninja Gaiden 2 too hard. DMC4 didn't interest him, even on Easy Automatic. God of War 1 and 2 fleetingly captured his interest; he didn't want to spend very much time learning the controls for combat. I showed him some Bayonetta footage and he was impressed, but expressed concern that the controls would be as inaccessible to him as those of all the other action games he'd tried. Bayonetta's Very Easy Automatic was made for this guy.

Top Bottom