• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta out now on Steam (4k support, digital art book, 5-song soundtrack), $19.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Bayonetta on PC is great, but I've played it a couple of times already, so not an instabuy for me.

This (normally) pricier edition boasts a five-song soundtrack sampler as well as a digital artbook and exclusive wallpapers and avatars.

Nothing of value then.

gngf123

What? The port had what I would describe as some minor issues, shoddy is ridiculous.

Not only are they minor issues, but they are minor issues that have since been completely fixed with FAR.

Hell, the port had Durante's approval even before FAR.

Calling it shoddy is a straight up lie. It's the best version of the game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sad that the game has been split up like this to the point where only the first game will ever be seen off of Nintendo consoles...damn Sega for not funding their own IP...it sold a friggen million....

Atleast PC users will be able to play this masterpiece finally though, and also lucky that its self contained too

(i'm obviously not mentioning wii U emulation for a reason)

I hope Vanquish(another mismanaged game franchise), Anarchy Reigns and such also come over

Trago

Another win for Japanese support of the PC.

Late port? Sure, but still really nice to have another major title come to the platform. Keep 'em coming Sega.

nkarafo

Since this game is a previous gen title, i wonder if it's going to be playable at 60fps/1080p using a 8800 GT and a Core 2 Duo.... DMC4 (which is technically similar) certainly is in such setup.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Awesome. Makes sense because the Free April Fool 8-bit Bayonetta game is being removed shortly from Steam.

epmode

I'm in!

In related news, lol @ another garbage "sampler" soundtrack included with a Japanese release. Just give out the soundtracks already.
What? The port had what I would describe as some minor issues, shoddy is ridiculous.
Yeah, I agree that the Nier port is far better than it could have been. It has a few issues that keep it from being great but I'm not disappointed with it.

Regiruler

"Sampler"

Soundtrack will likely be available separate. Not many games doing it this way for their deluxe editions. Only seeing Japanese companies stick with this

The soundtrack is already available, on amazon at least.
As is the sequel's. It's pricy though, $50 for all 5 volumes.

I've already put 80 hours into Bayo and I need to get that back after accidentally deleting it, I'm not double dipping anytime soon given that PC is a general pain for me.

Well, we pretty much knew about this already. What I'm really happy about is that it's releasing TODAY so the countdown wasn't just for an announcement.

Linkark07

Banned
If this sells well enough we should be due for another PC port in three years, so cross your fingers.

Three years pass fast. Three years are over in an instant...

Honestly, I hope Sega learns that there is a market for their Japanese games on Steam. I thought they would learn after Valkryia Chronicles.

Now, give us Resonance of Fate and Vanquish Sega. If you do that, I will forgive you.

But what is the PRICE?
Don't have a Xbox 360 anymore and thought multiple times about buying it again on Wii U, but never did, because the price seemed too BS compared to used PS3/360 prices on Amazon.

DKF590

Picking this up the instant it's available. Somehow managed to never fully complete Bayo 1 despite finishing the sequel and most other Platinum games multiple times. Really glad this is finally hitting PC. Hopefully we get Vanquish at some point in the future too.

kewlmyc

Hmm, already have it on Wii U, but might get it here. Not sure yet.

Now if they port Vanquish, that's day one for sure.

Yeah, bar the full screen issue and the AA issue causing weird lod transitions in some areas - both of which are easy to work around - no idea how this conclusion is reached.

I still can't play the game as I get constant whitescreen crashes with RX 480 and only solution is to revert very old drivers that then fuck up my performance in other games. Over three weeks and no patch. Going by forums there is decent amount of people with this similar issues too (with some Nvidia cards too).

Majine

Banned
Why is "4K Support" a bulletpoint?

PC games can in general output whatever resolution it is capable of, no?

I have lots of old games that supports 4K.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DMC4 is also magical.

DMC4 was running on the unicorn rainbow magic engine of MT Framework though.

MT Framework is too good.

Why is "4K Support" a bulletpoint?

PC games can in general output whatever resolution it is capable of, no?

I have lots of old games that supports 4K.

A lot of Japanese developers (including Platinum pre Nier) have a bad habit of hard coding resolution options instead of just polling windows. Thankfully more and more are cluing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom