• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta out on Steam (4K, dual audio), $19.99, PC launch trailer, dev diary

Opa-Pa

Man, this is awesome! Good price too.

I don't have a gaming PC myself, but please buy the hell out of this. Sega needs to get accustomed to releasing highly requested PC ports in a timely manner already.

-shadow-

Watching the dev video right now, it's pretty cool that the Japanese voice acting was also ported over from the WiiU release. While I personally prefer the English cast, it's great for those that want it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
GSync doesn't seem to be working and the in game V-Sync option doesn't seem to do anything either, getting a lot of tearing which is annoying.

Borderless fixes it of course but then no downsampling.

Segue from the dev diary:

1U5ZwCP.jpg

Never forget.

Echoplx

GSync doesn't seem to be working and the in game V-Sync option doesn't seem to do anything either, getting a lot of tearing which is annoying.

Borderless fixes it of course but then no downsampling.

Have you tried Gedosato? Downsampling + Borderless works plus you get better scaling than DSR.

jett

D-Member
I'm triple dipping on a video game.

What has my life become.

Anyway, I'm reshading the shit out of this game. PISS FILTER BEGONE.

Haven't tested it on my main PC, because I'm working and the shit I'm running kills performance. I did test it on my streaming/Console PC.

Specs: GTX 1070, E3 1231 v3 (i7-4770) and Windows 10. Maxed out with HDR, Vsync enabled and MSAA x8, I was locked at 60fps.

High settings @ 4K, with everything off, barely hit 30fps. So I'm definitely confused when people are saying a GTX 970 can do this at 4K.

as a fervent sanic hater, sonic lost world is actually enjoyable imo

My problem with sonic lost world PC is that it wasn't a good port.

I have it , maybe it has been patched but it didn't register my gamepad properly ..so annoying and the game is ok , but inferior to the previous one

kiyomi

Haven't tested it on my main PC, because I'm working and the shit I'm running kills performance. I did test it on my streaming/Console PC.

Specs: GTX 1070, E3 1231 v3 (i7-4770) and Windows 10. Maxed out with HDR, Vsync enabled and MSAA x8, I was locked at 60fps.

High settings @ 4K, with everything off, barely hit 30fps. So I'm definitely confused when people are saying a GTX 970 can do this at 4K.

For a start, MSAA doesn't seem to work atm.

Confused why you're getting low performance. My i5 4690K and 970 managed 1440p maxed out, with absolutely no problems. Pretty confident it can do 1800p or something, if not 4K itself.

Only the cutscenes are 30FPS, that's 'cuz they're locked. You really shouldn't have any issue getting 60FPS at high resolutions on a 1070. Bizarre.

TI82

Banned
My problem with sonic lost world PC is that it wasn't a good port.

I have it , maybe it has been patched but it didn't register my gamepad properly ..so annoying and the game is ok , but inferior to the previous one

no issues on my end with my xbox one controller??

Pretty much my favourite game of all time, but I'm not getting this, not for a while at least.
If this was like DMC4SE I would get it again.
But after a 100 hours and 1000/1000 achievements in the original, I've pretty done everything I possibly can with it.

Also for those that are wondering english or japanese, stick with english, that was what the game was written for, japanese is the dub not english.

Uh wow. I think I have the specs to run this pretty nicely. Going on the wish list, but between this and Nier Automata, it will probably take a while for me to get to Bayo.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Pretty much my favourite game of all time, but I'm not getting this, not for a while at least.
But after a 100 hours and 1000/1000 achievements in the original, I've pretty done everything I possibly can with it.

You did everything but play it at 4k/60fps!

TI82

Banned

Also for those that are wondering english or japanese, stick with english, that was what the game was written for, japanese is the dub not english.

I think the big push is to show sega there is a market so they could potentially release a sequel/remake the second game for other systems?

Top Bottom