• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta out on Steam (4K, dual audio), $19.99, PC launch trailer, dev diary

Gbraga

Get that, more so meant I didn't know if there were issues and workarounds needed (as has sort of become tradition with many Japanese pc releases as of late...)

Surprisingly none. The only issue is that MSAA isn't working, so if a patch comes out and you get a huge performance hit, you know why. Better to just leave that disabled and downsample until they fix it.

Nzyme32

You won't have any problems. Even @4K i am pretty sure.

Sadly not, but I can appreciate it would have taken a fair bit more work.

Also 16:10 and other "taller" aspect ratio's get black bars at the top and bottom. Shame there is no 21:9 as it looks great in Nier (with the exception of the UI not respecting the ratio

mcmmaster

From the PR release, maybe add to the OP?

Being Back Never Felt So Good! Bayonetta is Out Now on PC

Bayonetta is back! SEGA Europe can reveal that PlatinumGames' universally acclaimed action masterpiece is available via Steam on PC, today right here. Experience the over-the-top stylish action in 60fps, at unlocked HD resolutions. For a limited time only, the Digital Deluxe Edition is available at no extra cost to all customers who purchase before Tuesday 25th April.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes a 5 track soundtrack sampler and digital art book from the original Climax Edition, enhanced with even more concept art, and exclusive wallpapers and avatars.

From PlatinumGames' legendary director Hideki Kamiya; of Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry fame, SEGA brings one of the most universally acclaimed character action games of all time, Bayonetta, to PC. Bayonetta is the last survivor of an ancient witch clan who keep the balance between light, dark and chaos. Entombed to protect herself – and the world as we know it – Bayonetta is discovered and revived after 500 years, sparking a chain of events with cataclysmic repercussions.

Thrust straight into battle, with only one clue to her past, Bayonetta must discover the truth and fight for the future. Her daunting conquest sees her face off against countless angelic enemies and giant foes in a game of 100% pure action.

”We are dedicated to bringing high-quality, best practice PC conversions of our back catalogue games to our fans, and Bayonetta was a great fit." Said John Clark, Senior Vice President of Commercial Publishing for SEGA Europe. ”Bayonetta is one of the most often requested PC conversions of our games, so finally being able to launch it on Steam is fantastic. There's more to come!"

Bayonetta follows Typing of the Dead, Valkyria Chronicles and the SEGA Mega Drive Collection which SEGA has successfully converted for Steam. Keep up to date with all SEGA news on Facebook facebook.com/Sega and Twitter twitter.com/SEGA.

”Bayonetta is one of the most often requested PC conversions of our games, so finally being able to launch it on Steam is fantastic. There's more to come!"

Vanquish in 2 years people lol

Here's some quick footage with cold hands and none of the extra moves. Hopefully it gets some mods/Cheat Engine tables; there's no extra features aside from the Japanese voice support. Whether this ends up being like DMC4 PC and having a bunch of awesome training/replay value features is up in the air. Since this isn't on MT Framework, mods might take more effort than most are willing to put in. Metal Gear Rising still hasn't gotten many game changing mods, but perhaps this game will have a larger community.

https://youtu.be/lG__F45tsGE

Atolm

This will be funny if they patch it in and people left it at 16x ;)

I have a 1080 as well and I"m running it at 5k no problem.

Surely 1080p w/ MSAA x16 won't be more demanding? I guess...?

Btw load times between SSD and consoles are night and day. Remember the training loading screens? Say goodbye to them because you pretty much won't be seeing them anymore.

Nzyme32

UK Steam folk know what's up

No 1 = Bayonetta
No 3 = Nier

EU6eS0B.png

Levito

Banned
Bought, I never got far in the original release because my only option was the PS3 version which was reeeeaally bad.

Can't wait.

Kaleinc

Banned
Sadly not, but I can appreciate it would have taken a fair bit more work.

Also 16:10 and other "taller" aspect ratio's get black bars at the top and bottom. Shame there is no 21:9 as it looks great in Nier (with the exception of the UI not respecting the ratio
So basically it's 16:9 only :(

ezekial45

Banned
I'm betting they must be really kicking themselves for not pushing PC releases sooner. These launch numbers, in addition to Nier's success, are very encouraging. Platinum's got a bright future on PC.

Ridaxan

Purchased and downloading. Is it terrible to be wishing really hard for a port of number 2 as well? I have it on WiiU, but I'd prefer it on steam.

TI82

Banned
I will say I love Platinum's transformers and legend of korra games now, so hopefully this resonates with me more. At the very least we can hope they get to do more licensed action games.

Samurai Jack maybe...?

giphy.gif

Paragon

I played the awful PS3 version (and liked it nevertheless!!), the Wii U one but I might triple-dip the Steam version if it runs fine enough on my aged PC (GTX 660)

Varg

Banned
Opened up steam and couldn't believe the thing is 20 bucks . Impulse price for a new big release like this . Only played a bit of the game on 360 after renting it and I can't wait to dip really into it this time .

Jazzem

Nice one :D Tempted to grab this soon, or at least down the line. Happy to hear it's a good port also.

What do people think the chances are of the Wii U Nintendo costumes being modded in?

Top Bottom