• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta PC port gets updated... with a Vanquish teaser

kiyomi

Can't be that far away if they already start teasing. My (totally asspull guess) would be a release in the next three months.

Given the turnaround from initial teaser to release with Bayonetta, I doubt it will be that long. A month, tops.

Basically praying that Vanquish's game logic/physics aren't tied to 30fps. That game had the tightest, smoothest 30fps combat ever, but I worry that some of the clever things they did to pull that off may have hampered the game's ability to handle an unlocked framerate.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The PC port of Bayonetta got a really small 22kb update today. People looked into it, and this appeared on the EXTRAS folder
i8Jhbqz.jpg

Vanquish release coming earlier than we expected?

giphy.gif

Somebody at Sega knows exactly what they're doing. They realized that all they had to do to send fans into a frenzy for Vanquish was add a single picture in a minuscule update to an already released game.

That's literally all it takes. Fans will do the hype and build for them.

bede-x

Hot damn that would be awesome. Vanquish always needed the PC treatment more than Bayo with it being locked at 30fps. Fingers crossed this is true.

Coda

Really hoping this isn't just a badge or something? I want to believe but this tease doesn't mean much yet.

I already double dipped with bayonetta so I'm waiting till I burn threw a few games on my backlog before I get it but if vanquish hits pc that's a day 1 purchase for me.

JayEH

Basically praying that Vanquish's game logic/physics aren't tied to 30fps. That game had the tightest, smoothest 30fps combat ever, but I worry that some of the clever things they did to pull that off may have hampered the game's ability to handle an unlocked framerate.

Yeah I was surprised how well it played. "Feel of 60fps" lmao

I wouldn't get too hyped for 60 FPS guys. It might happen, but it might not.

I think smooth 30 is fine, not like it's a super frenetic game.

kiyomi

Really hoping this isn't just a badge or something? I want to believe but this tease doesn't mean much yet.

Why would they update a game with a 22kb image from an entirely different game, if not to tease its' release? Of course it's coming.

Hektor

it's avatars for your steamprofile that you got for preordering the game.

Of course this isn't equal to an official announcement, but why else would they patch in a new one over a week after release that's related to a different game?

Top Bottom