• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta was considered for Project X Zone 2 but Kamiya said no(now he regrets it).

Akiller

9d350ad2fb.png

http://gonintendo.com/stories/25242...pportunity-for-bayonetta-to-be-in-project-x-z

Ferr986

Apparently, they either have a clause that says they need PG's agreement for using the character or they simply respect the creator's opinion. *shrug*

I would say the latter, Sega doesn't give a fuck about Bayonetta (see: Bayonetta 2).

I know that. Why would they stop her being in the game?

He was saying the opposite, i.e. they could overrule his decision. They probably left the final decision to him out of respect, though.

I would say the latter, Sega doesn't give a fuck about Bayonetta (see: Bayonetta 2).

There's a difference between not giving a fuck and not financing out of your pocket the sequel to a game that didn't sell as much as expected. Companies are not NGOs, people.

batfax

?
Sega could say otherwise.

Apparently, they either have a clause that says they need PG's agreement for using the character or they simply respect the creator's opinion. *shrug*

SEGA tends to let the original creator for characters make decisions for said characters instead of just taking control of it all themselves. I remember for SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed Steve Lycett talked about meeting with the creators of each character to okay their inclusion/how they planned to use them. I think this also blocked Phantasy Star/Ristar/Shining Force from appearing in the SEGA/Capcom crossover in the Archie comics.

OVDRobo

Is that game good?

The localisation and story pacing has gone up several levels from the first and the stages are a lot shorter, at least for ~65% of the game

It's not a good game, but if you have any interest in an incredible cross-over of a huge amount of characters from three huge Japanese companies (plus Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles) then it's worth picking up just to experience the madness of them interacting and the awesome battle animations, even if you don't finish it due to the repetition.

Think there's a demo on the e-shop if you want to give it a try.

Sesha

It's not unusual for the developers of certain titles to have to "sign off" on and okay cameo appearances, even for titles made by their own company. For example, the MH team vetoed the idea of a MH monster like Rathalos appearing in MvC3, and the DMC team only said yes to DMC characters in MvC3 if Trish was playable.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
We could have had Bayo and Dante in a game together...

Kamiya, why hath thou forsaken me?!

God damn the missed potential.

The Morrigan x Bayonetta flirting? My body would not have been ready

I damn sure understand his ultimate reasoning and Dante & Bayo crossing paths deserves more than Project X Zone could ever provide such an event.

At least he knows now and maybe before whatever comes next he gets the opportunity to do what he wants. Kamiya at least deserves that much.

Playsage

Kamiya is talking as if Bayonetta is his property.
Probably when creating the first game, Kamiya made sure to have power over the directions "his" IPs can take in order to never experience again the nightmare of never working on a sequel or project involving them

Jawmuncher

Why would you ever say no? "This game doesn't impact me in anyway and gives my creation more visibility with other iconic characters". nah I don't need that shit. At least he regrets it.

Top Bottom