• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBQ GAF - Smokin' Your Meat, USA Style

zbarron

When making Brisket, do you guys end up taking a lot of the "Bad fat" off? I am using the rule of pushing on it and removing any firm fat but i feel like I am taking a lot off and may be taking almost too much off.
I took a ton off too and had the same thought. 1/4 inch layer is all you need/want. It seems wasteful but that's what happens when you buy primal cuts. If you wanted you could render the fat down to beef tallow and use it in your cooking.

zbarron

I just saw I had an email from Adrenaline BBQ Company. They have a new product coming up.
Stainless Steel 22" Grate

I may have to get this in the Spring and hopefully can stop replacing my grates every year. This was also the first time I've heard of the "Cold Grate Technique" so I'll have to give that a try.

phanphare

Banned
I just saw I had an email from Adrenaline BBQ Company. They have a new product coming up.
Stainless Steel 22" Grate

I may have to get this in the Spring and hopefully can stop replacing my grates every year. This was also the first time I've heard of the "Cold Grate Technique" so I'll have to give that a try.

oh nice, a grate that's made specifically for the slow n sear

price is a little high for me but that looks neat

zbarron

oh nice, a grate that's made specifically for the slow n sear

price is a little high for me but that looks neat
I agree the price is a little higher than I'd like, but I pay $20 every year for Weber's official grates and they rust within a few months, so with it being stainless steel and having those other features it's worth the price to me.

Top Bottom