• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold Nintendo Switch (March 2017, Hybrid w/ Dock, Detachable Controllers, Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaBruce

Banned
Core gamers will have no interest in a system with the same shitty lineup of non-Nintendo games the last 3 Nintendo consoles have had, and there's no reason to think things are going to change in that respect. A few token ports are par the course. It's still an underpowered system that'll be quickly eclipsed.

Nobody is going to buy this for 3rd party games. This will be purchased for Nintendo games. PS4 and Xboxone owners will buy it as a supplemental console because they can think of it as a portable system - which totally justifies buying it in addition to PS4 or Xbox one.

andthebeatgoeson

I was a proponent for Nintendo staying in two spaces up until i saw the video. Now
I'm hoping they focus on just this one and see more success. Bring all their developmental talent to one platform? I'm interested. It's risky but so is their current situation.

Really curious about the price. I can't imagine this is under $300. And for all of Nintendo's weirdness and Sony's and MS' penchant to ape each other, we need a hardware company willing to do different.

Tregard

Soothsayer
some sort of zany Japanese Giant robo title would be great, especially in multiplayer. You play as the giant robo, your three mates play as monsters destroying Tokyo.

If you could make it work using each joycon to control a robot, and get new robot pieces through amiibo, I could see it working.

random25

No joke, it's alwayyyys the same thing. It's a board and threads full of guys loving Nintendo, saying "omg i'm so hyped i'll buy 2 of them". That doesn't tell you anything about anything, regarding how desirable is the machine.

And when you try to be skeptical about how it's presented, you got those same guys here screaming to your face that you're a nintendo hater and that the product is great, and they'll buy two of them.

That's ridiculous sometimes.

I'll say it again, and i thought a lot about that those days.
That presentation was bad. It seemed good cause we were hyped as fuck and this is a nintendo console, and there IS something cool about the concept. But the illustration was bad, the game they showed was a bad choice...

When i think about it, the biggest problem was that this whole mini pad gimmick, it should have been showcased with party games, like some ubisoft games or something like that. Cause i think this part of the device is aimed at casual gamers, or small kids.

I think Nintendo didn't want to do that, and they showed it with a sport game and Mario kart, which makes no sense (mario Kart why not maybe..) cause those games are played by people who wants a nice control. They are not aimed at the people who will eventually play your system with mini pads with friends. They didn't want to do that cause they didn't want to associate the reveal (which was aimed at gamer community obviously) with party games to avoid a bad image from the start.

So, this is always the same thing, and Nintendo is ALWAYS in the same contradiction, forever. They want to have a product for 2 entirely, and antagonistic demographic, rather than having different product (i've been saying that since the wii). So here we are, they are presenting a casual feature for the wrong demographic, in the wrong way.

Let's hope this was the difficulty of having one unique hyper teaser and they have to show the entire concept.

let's hope they have different sets of commercials planned for launch. One with party games, really simple, convivial games with mini pads and such, and one for the gamers. Not aired on the same channels, not for the same people.

Also the biggest problem of the console is still, obviously its fucking identity. WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?? Is is a giant 3ds ? Is it a WIiU that you can play everywhere, that is not aimed at 3ds owners ?

I, myself, as a Nintendo consumer, am completely confused. I don't know if i want it or not (i want it cause i want the new mario and new zelda yeah, but i'm biased), as a product. My dream was a super capable portable console. This is not really what it is. It's not designed as a portable console and doesn't offer the type of game Nintendo portables offer, for now (we don't know that yet but they didn't show that). I don't know what the identity of the console, as in what game will it have, is yet. Nintendo keeps telling me this is not a portable, when this is a portable i want. I think a portable with WIiU+ graphics is AMAZING and that's what they should sell me. But they are telling me "shut up you fool, it's not that, it's a 300$ dollars home console with WiiU+ graphics", in 2017, and they think it's gonna sell better that way it seems.. You know that whole distinction could cost the life of this thing, really, i'm not even joking. That whole distinction between being an amazing portable or a cheap home console.

Can we discuss that after the hype is down a little ?
Can we realize.. I'm not even sure Nintendo can actually market the Switch, in its current form factor, in Japan as a portable, and they know that. And if there is something Japanse gamers don't want, it's to put their portable in a dock to play it on their tv. That's the reverse of what they want.

Anyway yeah, as usual, Nintendo wants to do many things at the same time and they make a mess out of it.

You and I probably watched different trailers I guess.

ThaBruce

Banned
I think once gamers see that PS4 Pro and Scorpio play all the same games as their current systems with a barely noticeable difference - many of the people who were going to upgrade to those consoles might now keep the current ones and buy a switch instead.

I know thats the situation I am in now as a PS4 owner.

I lost my external HDD on my WiiU this morning and having to go in and out of menus on the WiiU reminds me of how painful the OS is on this thing. I really hope they learned their lesson on the Switch.

The great thing are the surprises still. Makes me excited to hear what they are.

-gyro joy cons
-swappable joy cons
-motion controls?
-SCD
-hooking multiple docks for more power?
-big games and exclusives
-online, os, features

OmegaFax

Tm7e6ep.png

Just saw this over at r/gaming. Do you think this'll happen?

It'd be expensive since they're Bluetooth controllers, gimmicks exclusive to one game, probably need to be recertified with regulatory organizations (FCC), and wouldn't function right for two-player breakaway gameplay.

-Minsc-

From a personal standpoint I'm deflating my hype for the NS since gaming has become a bench warmer in my life. Looking at the whole premise I do believe it'll be a more than competent gaming experience. If I were to go console the NS does have the greatest appeal.

When I was playing on the WiiU I found my eyes would always gravitate to the gamepad. Thinking about it, I no longer desire to sit in the living room and play games on the TV. If I were to play it would be on the gamepad or hooked to my computer display.

Nintendo does have my interest piqued. Can they convince me to invest my time in there games, unsure. Thus far they have thrown me a tasty bone.

Fbh

So I know all of this is placeholder but just in case:

I work for an electronics store and while looking for the Nes Classic that someone wanted to preorder I happened to see that they already created a file for Switch in our internal system.

They had a regular version for 350 Euros

And a "bundle" with Zelda and probably something else for 450 Euros

But yeah, knowing how these companies work it's 99.9% placeholder

*snip*

... i thought a lot about that those days.
That presentation was bad. It seemed good cause we were hyped as fuck and this is a nintendo console, and there IS something cool about the concept. But the illustration was bad, the game they showed was a bad choice...

*snip*

Also the biggest problem of the console is still, obviously its fucking identity. WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?? Is is a giant 3ds ? Is it a WIiU that you can play everywhere, that is not aimed at 3ds owners ?

Hello orioto!

Is it possible that you get this feeling of confusion because you are in a "very loud room", an enthusiast gaming forum and the web full of media reactions? I sometimes think this is what messes up our own initial perception a bit.

To me, this 3 minutes trailer was very clear. I saw the concept, how it can be used, got first ideas of how I will most certainly use it. I saw different types of games without names I could play. If confirmed or not, named or not, that did not matter. I saw the concept and I had the feeling, I could grip it. That left me with a positive idea. That was unlike many other presentations Nintendo made in the last years.

Of course, the stereotypes and situations in the trailer were not good imho. Over the top they were, I could not identify with those "gamers". But still, the concept felt spot on to me.

I showed the trailer to two of my friends, my wife and my brother. These people were neither influenced by the chatter beforehand, nor by the reactions afterwards. I also did not influence them with my thoughts.
All four of them are different charakters and all four of them also saw the concept clearly. None of the many nerve tearing questions you read here and on similar sites came to their minds. They just found the usage really cool.

Maybe it would be better to shake off the noise and just keep in mind what we were shown in the short trailer. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing to be too confused about.

Best regards!

Tregard

Soothsayer
So I know all of this is placeholder but just in case:

I work for an electronics store and while looking for the Nes Classic that someone wanted to preorder I happened to see that they already created a file for Switch in our internal system.

They had a regular version for 350 Euros

And a "bundle" with Zelda and probably something else for 450 Euros

But yeah, knowing how these companies work it's 99.9% placeholder

Looks nice, but the Zelda cover-art is most definitely placeholder

ASIS

No joke, it's alwayyyys the same thing. It's a board and threads full of guys loving Nintendo, saying "omg i'm so hyped i'll buy 2 of them". That doesn't tell you anything about anything, regarding how desirable is the machine.

And when you try to be skeptical about how it's presented, you got those same guys here screaming to your face that you're a nintendo hater and that the product is great, and they'll buy two of them.

When i think about it, the biggest problem was that this whole mini pad gimmick, it should have been showcased with party games, like some ubisoft games or something like that. Cause i think this part of the device is aimed at casual gamers, or small kids.

I think Nintendo didn't want to do that, and they showed it with a sport game and Mario kart, which makes no sense (mario Kart why not maybe..) cause those games are played by people who wants a nice control. They are not aimed at the people who will eventually play your system with mini pads with friends. They didn't want to do that cause they didn't want to associate the reveal (which was aimed at gamer community obviously) with party games to avoid a bad image from the start.

So, this is always the same thing, and Nintendo is ALWAYS in the same contradiction, forever. They want to have a product for 2 entirely, and antagonistic demographic, rather than having different product (i've been saying that since the wii). So here we are, they are presenting a casual feature for the wrong demographic, in the wrong way.

Let's hope this was the difficulty of having one unique hyper teaser and they have to show the entire concept.

let's hope they have different sets of commercials planned for launch. One with party games, really simple, convivial games with mini pads and such, and one for the gamers. Not aired on the same channels, not for the same people.

I, myself, as a Nintendo consumer, am completely confused. I don't know if i want it or not (i want it cause i want the new mario and new zelda yeah, but i'm biased), as a product. My dream was a super capable portable console. This is not really what it is. It's not designed as a portable console and doesn't offer the type of game Nintendo portables offer, for now (we don't know that yet but they didn't show that). I don't know what the identity of the console, as in what game will it have, is yet. Nintendo keeps telling me this is not a portable, when this is a portable i want. I think a portable with WIiU+ graphics is AMAZING and that's what they should sell me. But they are telling me "shut up you fool, it's not that, it's a 300$ dollars home console with WiiU+ graphics", in 2017, and they think it's gonna sell better that way it seems.. You know that whole distinction could cost the life of this thing, really, i'm not even joking. That whole distinction between being an amazing portable or a cheap home console.

Can we realize.. I'm not even sure Nintendo can actually market the Switch, in its current form factor, in Japan as a portable, and they know that. And if there is something Japanse gamers don't want, it's to put their portable in a dock to play it on their tv. That's the reverse of what they want.

Anyway yeah, as usual, Nintendo wants to do many things at the same time and they make a mess out of it.
First of all, chill. You can discuss it here, right now. The hype will die down and discussion will change, sure. But that doesn't mean that we can't talk about it or any posts that are glorifying the Switch is taboo or something.

But I find it strange that you are still confused at the console. To me it's pretty obvious, it's a home console that you can take anywhere with you. It's not a handheld gaming machine. And I expect the games will reflect that. But the idea that it gives you pretty much every interface you can think of out of the box in such an elegant way is very appealing to me and many others. Really, the Switch will do literally everything gaming related at the cost of some power. How much power? That has yet to be determined, but everything else has been messaged clearly.

And I didn't use this board as a metric, I actually used twitter and saw what other people said about the Switch, and yes, most of it is very positive. The 3 minute trailer got people talking, a lot of non- Nintendo owners are eyeing the Switch now. Hell the fact that it completely dwarfed RDR2 is a better indicator than GAF or dedicated Nintendo forums. That's what I meant by the overall reception of the console. I don't want to turn a blind eye to the criticisms because that's just plain silly. But I also am not going to become pessimistic just because a few people aren't completely sold on the idea either.

oti

Banned
Difficult to hold? No L/R shoulder buttons?

You'd have to use it just as a tablet without holding it. Resting it against a bottle or something lol.

Because touch screen controls are crap.

I mean just using the DS's touch controls but without a stylus (?). But that would mean going back and optimize those old games for a new touchscreen... aw who cares. Let's just move on. If people want to play (3)DS games they might as well get a dirt cheap 2DS. It's well worth the software library.

Neoxon

Do the joy-cons have gyro?
Previous leaks stated that motion controls are involved in some way (which is good, considering that most use motion controls for Splatoon). Hopefully the Pro Controller has gyro in it & that you can do Wii Motion Plus-esque pointer controls with the Joy-Cons.

ASIS

Previous leaks stated that motion controls are involved in some way (which is good, considering that most use motion controls for Splatoon). Hopefully the Pro Controller has gyro in it & that you can do Wii Motion Plus-esque pointer controls with the Joy-Cons.

Depending on the sensitivity of those things. I think Gyro controls are so much better than IR it's not even funny. no bounding box, completely relative center points, etc. means maximum comfort while playing with motion control... I can't wait!!

EDIT: For some reason I cannot type today.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
general ramblings about the 'product family' of NS and bundling.

The various accessories allows Nintendo to position it differently depending on local market needs. Eg in the US they're already talking about it being a 'home console first and foremost' - most likely simply to avoid screwing the 3DS market this christmas. So they can sell in the US with the dock and JoyCon holder as a 'home' console that also has portable capabilities. Its likely to be fairly expensive simply because it has lots of bits - the package will be fairly large I think. But initially its for early adopters so we'll suck it up.

Then in Japan where portable is much more important, they need to decide on positioning - they have flexibilty to launch just with the console (no dock or JoyCon holder), as a new portable - but that depends very much on what they see the 3DS doing in that market. Maybe the 3DS is already in the value end of the market and they think they are safe launching this as a premium offering initially? Otherwise they may go the same route with bundled accessories as a 'home' console.

Then in the holiday 2017 season, they can choose to bring out console only versions as a way to drop the price, or as a way to encourage multi-unit ownership - your kids will want their own right, but they won't necessarily need a dock. Again, they have some flexibility to drop prices based on bundling as well as generally through cost reduction.

There are surely options for new hardware going into 2018. Other than cosmetic skins for the standard NS, the two obvious ones would be:
1) NS mini. More portable focused and cost-sensitive offering. Smaller screen, controllers non-removable. Think Vita or 3DS. Likely still able to be docked - because the core hardware will support it and it helps potential accessory sales. Ideal for expanding the market at a lower price.
2) NS home. Literally a Vita TV. Ships with the pro controller and a simple box that connects to your TV - cheaper as no need for a screen or battery or removable controllers etc. Could be a nice $99 box for those that really don't ever see themselves playing a portable console, and obviously simply the price point to really start to expand the market and perhaps encourage people to then buy the portable version once you get them buying games for it.

SeanR1221

Selling my Wii U today. Anything I should know before resetting to factory settings? Do I have to specifically remove my e shop account or anything?

orioto

Good Art™
First of all, chill. You can discuss it here, right now. The hype will die down and discussion will change, sure. But that doesn't mean that we can't talk about it or any posts that are glorifying the Switch is taboo or something.

But I find is strange that you are still confused at the console. To me it's pretty obvious, it's a home console that you can take anywhere with you. It's not a handheld gaming machine. And I expect the games will reflect that. But the idea that it gives you pretty much every interface you can think of out of the box in such an elegant way is very appealing to me and many others. Really, the Switch will do literally everything gaming related at the cost of some power. How much power? That has yet to be determined, but everything else has been messaged clearly.

And I didn't use this board as a metric, I actually used twitter and saw what other people said about the Switch, and yes, most of it is very positive. The 3 minute trailer got people talking, a lot of non- Nintendo owners are eyeing the Switch now. Hell the fact that it completely dwarfed RDR2 is a better indicator than GAF or dedicated Nintendo forums. That's what I meant by the overall reception of the console. I don't want to turn a blind eye to the criticisms because that's just plain silly. But I also am not going to become pessimistic just because a few people aren't completely sold on the idea either.

The thing is, i said it, the concept is cool, and seducing. First thing i thought when i saw the trailer was "there is something there, that is urban, modern, that can relate to people more than the WiiU could".

But people finding the concept cool won't make them buy it yet. The software will decides that, and we know nothing about it yet.

I think my biggest frustration is that there is a HUGE misunderstanding about something here. Back when Iwata made the comments about unified os, android etc.. everyone (not right away but soon enough) embraced the idea of one only Nintendo console. And now, they have that .. hybrid home/portable console, so everyone think, this is what we get. And as such it can be awesome.

Except.. we have ABSOLUTELY NEVER heard anything from Nintendo about that. Everyone is thinking right now, on gaf, Hey Switch is awesome i'll play monster hunter and pokemon on it" but none of what Nintendo said goes in that direction. If anything, them insisting on the console being a home console means they don't want to cross the streams at all.

That's what i'm saying by being confused about its identity. Cause that's two entirely different things here. A console that will legitimately have the kind of generosity Nintendo portables have, in term of games, or a WiiU repeat with selected games, and Nintendo still having to output games for an other system, and we all know how that ends.

Maybe it will be both, with the Switch being marketed differently in Japan, but both benig the same hardware and playing the same games in the end. I could see that and that would be nice.

But what i mean is, there are so many unknowns right now about what the fuck is that console, and i'm speaking in term of games. We don't know if triple AAA will be on it (for those who want them), we don't know if usual portable games will be on it.. You know what i'm saying. This is a virgin box for now.

Nobody talk about anything. Nobody talks about the obvious irrefutable fact that if the screen is a touch screen, you won't be able to play.. say, phoenix wright, if such a game is on the switch, on your tv, cause there is no physical way to play a touch screen game with the dock on. This kind of thing..

The more i talk and the more i think we could have two different product based on the Switch. With a more portable friendly, dockless version for japan (also available here hopefully).

But to summarize my tough and my confusion, not knowing if the Switch will have a portable library, nor if it'll be, for example, available without the dock, makes it something completely unpredictable and unidentifiable for me. Those are HUGE matters. They change everything

ChrisD

Never said the game can't be enjoyed offline, but a lot of the experience in DS games revolves around the online interactivity: Messages, co-op, PvP, phantoms...

There's even community events on DS1 to get that experience back and revive the online aspect of it.

And yeah, this is an opinion not trying to write it on stone and tell the whole world is an absolute truth, get your stupid patronizing for yourself.

I hate the co-op and PvP/phantoms in Dark Souls 2, and only ever played Bloodborne offline haha. Didn't know the online interactions were such big parts of things until after the fact when I read that one of Bloodborne's biggest complaints was the bad PvP/online functions.

In other relevant but probably not fully on-topic words, portable Dark Souls would be super great for me. :eek:

m00h

Banned

For me it looks like you're completely out of touch. For me, the big picture in the trailer is pretty clear, I see no room for confusion, at least not in the dimensions you described it. I watched the trailer with my two boys yesterday (one is 5 and the other 7), and even for them it was pretty clear what Nintendo is offering with the NS. They were fantasizing how they will play Mario Kart against each other when we're off on holidays, and also how they can play it on our new TV when no one is watching any shows.
Even my wife, who haven't owned a console since the NES, told me that she finds the concept pretty cool, especially for busy people like us.
I have my doubts that you're looking at the things from the right angle.

ASIS

The thing is, i said it, the concept is cool, and seducing. First thing i thought when i saw the trailer was "there is something there, that is urban, modern, that can relate to people more than the WiiU could".

But people finding the concept cool won't make them buy it yet. The software will decides that, and we know nothing about it yet.

I think my biggest frustration is that there is a HUGE misunderstanding about something here. Back when Iwata made the comments about unified os, android etc.. everyone (not right away but soon enough) embraced the idea of one only Nintendo console. And now, they have that .. hybrid home/portable console, so everyone think, this is what we get. And as such it can be awesome.

Except.. we have ABSOLUTELY NEVER heard anything from Nintendo about that. Everyone is thinking right now, on gaf, Hey Switch is awesome i'll play monster hunter and pokemon on it" but none of what Nintendo said goes in that direction. If anything, them insisting on the console being a home console means they don't want to cross the streams at all.

That's what i'm saying by being confused about its identity. Cause that's two entirely different things here. A console that will legitimately have the kind of generosity Nintendo portables have, in term of games, or a WiiU repeat with selected games, and Nintendo still having to output games for an other system, and we all know how that ends.

Maybe it will be both, with the Switch being marketed differently in Japan, but both benig the same hardware and playing the same games in the end. I could see that and that would be nice.

But what i mean is, there are so many unknowns right now about what the fuck is that console, and i'm speaking in term of games. We don't know if triple AAA will be on it (for those who want them), we don't know if usual portable games will be on it.. You know what i'm saying. This is a virgin box for now.

Nobody talk about anything. Nobody talks about the obvious irrefutable fact that if the screen is a touch screen, you won't be able to play.. say, phoenix wright, if such a game is on the switch, on your tv, cause there is no physical way to play a touch screen game with the dock on. This kind of thing..

The more i talk and the more i think we could have two different product based on the Switch. With a more portable friendly, dockless version for japan (also available here hopefully).

But to summarize my tough and my confusion, not knowing if the Switch will have a portable library, nor if it'll be, for example, available without the dock, makes it something completely unpredictable and unidentifiable for me. Those are HUGE matters. They change everything

I completely understand your frustrations. I have them too, I want to know more. But these unknown elements are exciting to me, I'm really looking forward to learn more about Switch and its software. I think that's where we differ.

udivision

Have they said anything about the screen being compatible with Wii u? That would be a make it or break it feature for me.

We don't even know if it's a touch screen yet.

The most likely answer is "No" eitherway.

The Switch doesn't have a front facing camera or IR blaster / Receiver so it'd be a gimped Wii U pad.

Have they said anything about the screen being compatible with Wii u? That would be a make it or break it feature for me.

if you mean using the thing as a gamepad, I think there is a 99,9% chance it won't. As you can see, I leave a door open, in case.

edit : and it's safe to say that from now on, Nintendo will probably try its best to make everyone forget the mere existence of the WiiU.
yeah, I know, they have been doing this for a while already

orioto

Good Art™
For me it looks like you're completely out of touch. For me, the big picture in the trailer is pretty clear, I see no room for confusion, at least not in the dimensions you described it. I watched the trailer with my two boys yesterday (one is 5 and the other 7), and even for them it was pretty clear what Nintendo is offering with the NS. They were fantasizing how they will play Mario Kart against each other when we're off on holidays, and also how they can play it on our new TV when no one is watching any shows.
Even my wife, who haven't owned a console since the NES, told me that she finds the concept pretty cool, especially for busy people like us.
I have my doubts that you're looking at the things from the right angle.

You're completely ignoring what i say and answers about something else, that's nice for you. If the concept of a console is enough for you to buy it, great. I buy games personally.

I completely understand your frustrations. I have them too, I want to know more. But these unknown elements are exciting to me, I'm really looking forward to learn more about Switch and its software. I think that's where we differ.

Where did i say i wasn't looking forward to seeing the answers to my question lol.

atbigelow

I think you're jumping too far ahead. We know the concept and nothing else about what it's library will be like. It's the teaser trailer to the full trailer coming later.

I do hope it brings along certain cool aspects that the 3DS had, like streetpass. But obviously not quite as poorly implemented.

Anyway I guess: be patient? We can't talk about the library because there's really only one game announced for it (Zelda).

ASIS

You're completely ignoring what i say and answers about something else, that's nice for you. If the concept of a console is enough for you to buy it, great. I buy games personally.

Where did i say i wasn't looking forward to seeing the answers to my question lol.

Then why are you down on the system if you like the initial reveal and are looking forward to see more?

I'm so confused lol.

the thing is, this trailer was just a concept overview. we will get the games later. it's frustrating as hell.

now I think the january event/direct/reggie new sitcom/presentation will be glorious. and i hope that in the meantime we will get some confirmations or hints for the games.

Personally I understand your concerns, and I thought your post was very well thought out so please don't take this as me throwing your post away, but I do think you are slightly overthinking it. Nintendo is pushing this as a home console because they want a way out just in case it fails. If this fails, they still have the 3DS to fall back on. This like the DS and GBA situation way back. The third pillar stuff. If the NS seems like it will be a success, there's doubt in my mind, it will be exactly the hybrid we are all hoping it will be.

I do agree, though, about not knowing enough in terms of whether it is a touch screen and how they will handle a touch screen games when the system is docked. Good questions and I am interested to see how that is handled also.

Seeing the Switch as it is is really surreal to me, because earlier this year everyone thought the thing (or at least its controller) was gonna look like THIS:

ZAAAcu5l.jpg

Man, we all got duped hard that month lol

orioto

Good Art™
I think you're jumping too far ahead. We know the concept and nothing else about what it's library will be like. It's the teaser trailer to the full trailer coming later.

I do hope it brings along certain cool aspects that the 3DS had, like streetpass. But obviously not quite as poorly implemented.

Anyway I guess: be patient? We can't talk about the library because there's really only one game announced for it (Zelda).

See, for example, you're hoping streetpass when it's pretty clear to me, that there won't be any, as it would be a portable feature, and not designed for a home console.

That's precisely what i'm saying. People are hyped for something they have absolutely no clue what it is or what they can wait from it. And when i'm saying hey this is confusing, i got people telling me i should just be happy and have faith as usual

jts

...hate me...
Anyone curious about why the display shows just a little bit when in docked mode?

I was thinking maybe for the sake of notifications, cool effects when turning on and whatnot.

I don't know if it's been talked about, but there's a company called Ubitus GDK listed as a partner for the Switch.

This is a cloud computing service provider.

Cloud saves (at the very least) confirmed?

They provide services for cloud consoles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom