• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck just posted something Bartman-related on his Facenook

Status
Not open for further replies.
StuO9Jz.gif
Ehh, looks bulky about the shoulders and I'm not a fan of the orange highlights as a substitute for actual color. Were it not for the mask being painted half-orange you'd never guess that was Deathstroke.

Vic_Viper

It looks like hes in the same area that Bruce Wayne and WW are in from the JL trailer. I think its a bat-submarine?

Anyways, hell yes Deathstroke!

Edit actually its strating to look too big for a Sub, maybe a huge ship? the walls seem to curve inward toward the bottom.

Busty

Banned
Trying to figure out how he ties into the film being set in Arkham Asylum (if the rumours of that are true).

Maybe...,
Waller wants to trap the Batman and orchestrates a prison riot at Arkham. When Batman shows up she sends in Slade to finish him once and for all. Now Batman must contend with the rogue's gallery that want him dead and the terminator on his trail too.

EDIT - I wonder of this is Affleck shooting, or being part of, the post credits teaser at the end of Justice League? It could just be test footage of course.

Seems like Eh maybe is debunking that rumor (though that would be awesome)

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/770285251289415680
Damn. It is Eh Maybe, though, so I'll keep hoping!
Maybe...,
Waller wants to trap the Batman and orchestrates a prison riot at Arkham. When Batman shows up she sends in Slade to finish him once and for all. Now Batman must contend with the rogue's gallery that want him dead and the terminator on his trail too.
EaSDJ7W.gif

Effect

Maybe...,

EDIT - I wonder of this is Affleck shooting, or being part of, the post credits teaser at the end of Justice League? It could just be test footage of course.

When they film aren't there monitors with the camera footage on display so others in the area, actors, editors, producers, etc can view it. Which would be different from the dailies. That could be what this is from. This might not be a test but an actual scene being film and he was just watching the footage from where he was on set.

Which brings up another question if anyone has an answer. When they film on green screen is there a background already setup on the computers so the director, etc know how the take went? Not a highly detailed one but one with just enough so when post-production happens they know where and when to add details, effects, etc?

atr0cious

It's for Justice League because that's the movie that's currently filming. It's definitely not the solo Batman movie because it doesn't even have a script yet. And why would he be doing a preproduction costume test for a movie with no script WHILE he's filming Justice League?

You're assuming he has no treatment or characters in mind. If they're on set, he can easily talk to artists about what he wants and they can send him proofs. This could just be a fully rendered pass for him to look at.

Ehh, looks bulky about the shoulders and I'm not a fan of the orange highlights as a substitute for actual color. Were it not for the mask being painted half-orange you'd never guess that was Deathstroke.

Oh bullshit, it's not just the mask the whole costume is pretty unmistakably Deathstroke, it matches up almost perfectly to the Arkham Origins design.
WOvch26.jpg

"Orange as a substitute for an actual color" uh wat? Orange isn't an actual color now? Deathstroke traditionally has been blue and orange, and this costume reflects that motif.

People are guessing test footage from a new Batman film starring Affleck. Could also be Justice League, but I feel like if you get superpowered characters involved, Deathstroke instantly ain't shit.

Deathstroke once outran Superman using his wits. Those American Alien pages are garbage.

Symphonic

Ugh, too bulky IMO. Deathstroke was always coolest slimmed down. Head looks awkward/too low too – where's his neck?

Reminds me of the GI Joe movies for some reason.

Mariolee

Anyone else think that looks completely CG to them? Definitely looks like test footage for the Batman solo flick, which I'm surprised they would release since the Batman movie is still so far away.

This costume has MORE orange in it than many incarnations of the character, going by a quick Google Image search.

Anyone else think that looks completely CG to them? Definitely looks like test footage for the Batman solo flick, which I'm surprised they would release since the Batman movie is still so far away.
Need something to hype with at the comic con after WW and JL are out. A short montage with Deathstroke and other characters builds hype well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom